PDA

View Full Version : adding farcry 4 non-steam game to steam

Stealth-xZzZZ
11-16-2014, 05:27 AM
Ok all I am trying to do is add Farcry 4 to steam through non-steam game. I got this game free with a video card I bought so I didn't get it on steam. I know there are three ways to do this. First you can use a pre-existing shortcut to add it. I preloaded and there is no desktop shortcut or start menu shortcut. Second is to choose from a list of installed games. It is not on the list. Third is to go to the system folder and find the .exe and I see the icon for Farcry 4 but no exe. So I have no idea how to do this. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

-Ian

Tully__
11-16-2014, 05:35 AM
I can only suggest, don't know if it'll work as expected and I'm assuming that FC4 launches through Uplay.
With those provisos, try this:

Open Uplay
Go to "Games"
Click on the FC4 icon
Next to the "Play" button is a little black drop down arrow, click that to open the option menu and select "Create Desktop Shortcut"
Add the shortcut to Steam

Be aware that even if this works, the game will still start Uplay even when started from Steam.

Count_Duckula
11-16-2014, 06:04 AM
I would assume that as it is a pre-load of a game that is not yet released, the game files do not contain the executable.
You'll likely need to wait until release when the remaining data will download and allow you to play (and add the exe into steam if you wish).

I would verify, but uplay will only allow me to activate the game, not pre-load.

Stealth-xZzZZ
11-16-2014, 06:11 AM
Ok I tried to click the button next to where it says "Preload" I'm assuming that would be the play button if it was released and the little arrow button does nothing. But thanks Tully
Also I think Count_Duckula is right. This game probably needs to be released before I can link it into steam.

But if any one knows or has added this game to steam I would be grateful to hear how you did that. Thanks.

Bahjabroni
11-16-2014, 09:02 AM
The EXE has not been released yet. Thats the only file you need to set it up to run via Steam so you have use of the overlay. Once the game is released, uPlay will download the EXE at that time. It will be in the Program Files x86 > Ubisoft > Ubisoft Game Launcher > games > Far Cry 4 > bin folder. You cannot do anything until this file is released.

To add it to Steam:

- Go to the Games tab in Steam
- Select "Add a non-Steam Game To My Library
- Sometimes the list that pops up will already have the game's exe added, this is not across the board though. If it doesn't show, choose Browse and navigate to the folder I pointed to above
- Once that's done, you can rename the new library shortcut (I imagine it will be FC4.exe or farcry4.exe) to Far Cry 4.

Its extremely simple obviously, but there's nothing you can do before release to set it this up. And yes, once the game is released the "Preloaded" button in the uPlay library will change to "Play".

Stealth-xZzZZ
11-16-2014, 09:40 AM
That's what I thought. No exe till release and so no adding to steam till there is an exe.

sjchmura
11-16-2014, 09:18 PM
Has anyone seen (or have) a good script (like autohotkey) to click "play" in uplay and hide it? I use steam Big Picture mode with 360 wireless and the uplay pop up us so freaking annoying!!!

Jargs27
12-06-2014, 03:45 AM
Now that the game has launched, has anyone figured out how to do this? None of the 3 methods mentioned in the original post work...

The shortcut that is created isn't supported by steam since it uses a different protocol (uplay://launch/420/0)
The game doesn't show up in the list of installed games when using the "add non-steam game" feature
Browsing to the exe only partially works. It launches the game, which immediately shuts itself down and Uplay is launched, and then the game is relaunched. Once the game is running, Steam does not report that you're playing a game, and there is no Steam overlay in-game.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Jargs27
12-10-2014, 03:56 AM
I just figured out a hacky workaround for this last night...
1. Click on Add a Non-Steam Game
2. Choose Uplay in the list of installed programs and click Add Selected Programs
3. Right-click on Uplay in your Steam library and choose properties
4. Rename the shortcut to Far Cry 4 and change the icon if you want
5. Launch your new "Far Cry 4" shortcut, and when Uplay finishes loading, just start playing Far Cry 4 from there.

Once the game launches, Steam should still say that you're in Far Cry 4, a non-Steam game, and you should have access to the Steam overlay.

When you're done playing, make sure you exit Uplay since Steam will still think you're playing "Far Cry 4".

This can even work for multiple Uplay games since you can add multiple shortcuts to Uplay within Steam. Just name each shortcut according to whichever Uplay game you intend to play.

zombieflyuk
02-02-2015, 10:22 PM
I just figured out a hacky workaround for this last night...
1. Click on Add a Non-Steam Game
2. Choose Uplay in the list of installed programs and click Add Selected Programs
3. Right-click on Uplay in your Steam library and choose properties
4. Rename the shortcut to Far Cry 4 and change the icon if you want
5. Launch your new "Far Cry 4" shortcut, and when Uplay finishes loading, just start playing Far Cry 4 from there.

Once the game launches, Steam should still say that you're in Far Cry 4, a non-Steam game, and you should have access to the Steam overlay.

When you're done playing, make sure you exit Uplay since Steam will still think you're playing "Far Cry 4".

This can even work for multiple Uplay games since you can add multiple shortcuts to Uplay within Steam. Just name each shortcut according to whichever Uplay game you intend to play.

i've followed this and it works, however, there is a slight modification you may want to make...
once you've set up the steam shortcut to the uplay exe, edit the steam shortcut and replace the file path in the target box with uplay://launch/420/0
close the properties box

now when you launch the shortcut in steam, it will auto launch FC4 via uplay;)

jamietje
02-02-2015, 10:29 PM
The exe file is located in the games > far cry 4 > bin
folder, however I did this on steam and when you launch it, steam closes it just wouldnt work well so I gave up.

Noodlez4242
01-14-2016, 11:59 PM
how did you find out the code for far cry 4 is uplay://launch/420/0 ? im trying to do the same method for a different uplay game but cant see where to find it. im trying to find what is the number for The Crew. Does anyone know?

Butcherbird59
01-15-2016, 04:18 AM
how did you find out the code for far cry 4 is uplay://launch/420/0 ? im trying to do the same method for a different uplay game but cant see where to find it. im trying to find what is the number for The Crew. Does anyone know?

When you create the game's desktop shortcut inside uplay the link will show exactly this

Enten442
04-11-2018, 12:28 PM
As of now, there is no facility for the parents of the students to login to the site. iReady Clever Log in (https://cleverlogin.net/iready-clever-login/) If you don't keep in mind the portal name after that.