PDA

View Full Version : Can something be done about save slots?

DumbGamerTag94
11-16-2014, 03:26 AM
Seriously. How am I supposed to replay this game????

I certainly am not just ok with replaying mission by mission having to select each individually. Ruining the flow of the story.

In all the previous games I would have one file for my original game where I tried to do all the side content and stuff. And then I would use a second slot for replays just for fun. That old set up was great.

Why make a game that can't be restarted from the beginning????

I get that that could mess with the skill points mumbo jumbo and customization crap. But let's be honest that's not catching on or going anywhere. The CoOP was unimpressive and probably will only be a one off gimmick for this installment or maybe one more. It's just not going to be a thing.

But can someone at Ubi please get on top of this issue and find a way to resolve it? I'd just really like to be able to restart the game from the beginning if I want without it interfering with my existing game.

JustPlainQuirky
11-16-2014, 03:28 AM
Yeah it sucks.

xaventh
11-16-2014, 03:31 AM
I didnt realize this, looks like my son is going to have to create his own PSN account and switch to play.

DumbGamerTag94
11-16-2014, 03:36 AM
I didnt realize this, looks like my son is going to have to create his own PSN account and switch to play.

True! I never even thought about two people playing on the same system.

Or what about a sibling/family member that isn't super in to gaming so doesn't have an Xbox Live account or PSN but wants to try it out from the beginning???? I guess they are SOL??? Or they have to mess with my existing game already in progress??

Ubi you seriously need to fix this!!

ace3001
11-16-2014, 03:41 AM
True! I never even thought about two people playing on the same system.

Or what about a sibling/family member that isn't super in to gaming so doesn't have an Xbox Live account or PSN but wants to try it out from the beginning???? I guess they are SOL??? Or they have to mess with my existing game already in progress??

Ubi you seriously need to fix this!!They just have to buy another console and another copy of the game!

I-Like-Pie45
11-16-2014, 03:58 AM
They just have to buy another console and another copy of the game!

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Technology/Pix/pictures/2012/9/12/1347465574181/Yves-Guillemot-009.jpg

wvstolzing
11-16-2014, 04:52 AM
I haven't tried this yet, but with PS4's savegame backups, it should be possible to create an archive of old playthroughs.

It's easy to do --- though a bit of a hassle.

For the *PS4*, this is the procedure:
> Get a usb drive (standard thumb drives should work fine; if you can format the drive in 'exfat', file transfers work faster; FAT is way too slow.)

> Plug it into the PS4.
> On the home screen, go to 'Settings' (next to last on the upper row)
> Select "Application Saved Data Management"
> A new menu will appear; select "Saved Data in System Storage"
> A new menu will appear with options,
--- Upload to Online Storage
--- Copy to USB Storage Device
--- Delete
> Select "Copy to USB Storage Device"
> A menu of your games and apps will appear; select the one whose data you wish to copy over.
> Yet another menu will appear, asking you to choose among savegames, and profile info. Tick the checkboxes.
> Select 'Copy'

> Create a backup folder on your computer, on some convenient location; don't forget to give it a name that will remind you as to what it is, relevant info, etc.
> Unplug the USB drive from the PS4, plug it into your computer
> There should be a folder called 'PS4' on the USB drive now; the PS4 writes only into this folder. Under the folder there are two subfolders, 'SHARE' and 'SAVEDATA'. 'Share' contains snapshots and videos, if you choose to copy them over; 'Savedata' contains savegames. Under 'savedata' there will likely be lots of subfolders with gibberish names. One of those contains ACU save data; if you're doing this from scratch, there will obviously be a single folder.
> Take that folder and copy it into the backup folder you've created on your computer.

> Now you can go back and delete savegame data on the PS4, and start over.

> To restore backup data, you have to do the operation in reverse. Under 'Application Saved Data Management', select 'Saved Data on USB Storage Device', and on the next menu, select 'Copy to System Storage'.