PDA

View Full Version : What to do against shooting guards?

SpiritMuse
11-16-2014, 02:10 AM
In past games you could pick up another guard as human shield, but no longer. So basically as soon as even one guard decides to get out his pistol, I'm guaranteed to get hit and one shot dead.

MnemonicSyntax
11-16-2014, 02:20 AM
Roll.

SpiritMuse
11-16-2014, 04:00 AM
When? How do I know how to time that?

MnemonicSyntax
11-16-2014, 08:02 PM
There is a target reticule "warning" on the screen and when it turns bright glowy red, you need to roll or you'll get hit.

Scottoest
11-16-2014, 10:22 PM
I don't think you should be getting one-shot by a pistol, unless you're taking on enemies that are way higher than the "level" of your gear. If you're taking on a pack of "five diamond" guys in "two diamond" gear, you kind of get a predictable outcome.

But yeah, rolling or closing distance to interrupt them are the only real options. And of course, you can just hit up on the D-pad and heal yourself at any point, if you're feeling lazy and just want to take the hits. And don't forget smoke/stun will interrupt too.

Marcus101RR
11-16-2014, 10:53 PM
Half the time, the reticle don't show up when they are about to fire. I ended up dieing then and there...3 snipers. The stealth in this game is near-impossible to be honest. I have yet to complete a mission where they don't detect me or even think they see me (Yellow warning).

Anykeyer
11-17-2014, 08:10 AM
The stealth in this game is near-impossible to be honest. I have yet to complete a mission where they don't detect me or even think they see me (Yellow warning).
Its not impossible, just different
You have to rely on disguise skill and a combination of cover kills with cherry bombs luring.

Falene
11-19-2014, 08:34 AM
Its not impossible, just different
You have to rely on disguise skill and a combination of cover kills with cherry bombs luring.

I'm having a lot of trouble getting guards to come with cherry bombs, any tips on where to throw them to guarantee they come close?

Anykeyer
11-19-2014, 08:55 AM
Guards dont react to cherry bombs if you just throw them at your feet while hiding behind a cover. Its stupid bc they explode with a loud bang, but thats how it works in this game. You have to throw it somewhere in their line of sight (the direction that guards are facing doesnt matter). Get to cover, then hold and aim.

Anonua
11-20-2014, 01:30 AM
The stealth in this game is near-impossible to be honest. I have yet to complete a mission where they don't detect me or even think they see me (Yellow warning).

Take your time and utilize eagle vision. Also remember that there is more often then not, multiple ways to approch your target. If you want to avoid conflict explore around and find another way in. (Also stealth based gear will help you achieve this easier)

solDieR166
03-24-2015, 04:06 PM
In past games you could pick up another guard as human shield, but no longer. So basically as soon as even one guard decides to get out his pistol, I'm guaranteed to get hit and one shot dead.

I have learned to use eagle vision as much as possible and look to the roofs more than anything, if on a mission I take out all the roof guards first thing. I find if you don't do this they will kill you, I have seen the reticule pop up but it is extremely hard to time the roll and if they are far enough away you can't even see it. I have to agree with an above post, the stealth is near impossible and I don't think it's because it is different,.

Kytr
03-27-2015, 05:41 PM
Part of the reason for that is that slipping from cover to another location is clunky, and you can't edge around cover. Added to this, any time you take an action against a guard (say shooting him with a phantom blade from cover), every guard in the area knows instantly that it happened and where you shot from. Even if EVERYTHING is happening behind their backs.

For that matter guards just seem too hype aware overall. I have been spotted on a roof 2 stories above a guard who is not even looking in my direction. In other places, guards have spotted me through intervening cover, while facing the other direction. Then there's the miraculous turnarounds just before you get to a guard, who never turns around unless he is about to die.

For stealth to really work, it has to be possible to avoid guard's attention when you are hidden and to act against a guard without being instantly spotted by everyone within 30 meters. Just a little reasoning behind those rules would help.

Defalt221
04-03-2015, 06:13 PM
When? How do I know how to time that?

No listen. U can't roll if you're not on combat stance. If this issue happens just drop a smoke bomb on yourself and look out for a nearby cover that can block your line of sight from the enemy. If that doesn't work out, I'm afraid you're doomed like me. The game is programmed such that if the "gun indicator" glows bright red when a sniper aims at you, he'll one shot kill you no matter where you are. Even if you're in a cover. That's the most annoying thing I faces while playing. This game forces stealth play. Best you gear up with "thick skin" and better armor. Or just shoot them when they aim at you (if you've fast reflexes like me)...