PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder Button Swap Option?

hubli
11-16-2014, 12:36 AM
Can players expect an option for swapping the functions of the shoulder buttons? I very much prefer using L1/R1 for aiming and shooting, respectively. This matters to a lot of gamers--especially on PS4, where the console legacy is one of using these buttons for these functions.

Here is a link to the Battlefield 4 thread that resulted from DICE not including this option at launch. The outcry was eventually so great that they decided to patch the option into the game.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065219086263341/

Thanks you for your consideration.

HorTyS
11-16-2014, 07:28 AM
You still prefer it on PS4? I think the dualshock 4 R2/L2 triggers are alot better than those weird paddles on ps3. Dunno if it's an option at this point, but I suppose if there is enough demand for it, it may also get patched in....

hubli
11-16-2014, 07:18 PM
L2/R2 are certainly better on PS4 than they were on PS3 (though I never had difficulty using them on the DualShock 3), but that doesn't mean they are better than L1/R1. I feel that shooting is a binary action, and should therefore be assigned to a digital button (L1/R1), not an analog one (L2/R2). Not only is this more precise, but it also frees up L2/R2 for functions that actually would require analog input, such as the acceleration and brake in a vehicle.

HorTyS
11-17-2014, 02:16 AM
I guess L2/ R2 can be used for vehicles if you switch the control scheme, but they're not used by default. If you do switch the vehicle controls, weapon firing does switch to one of the bumper buttons, but then shooting on foot would still be L2/ R2....

hubli
11-17-2014, 11:28 PM
Well, that's unfortunate. I guess I'll have to make use of my ControllerMax to switch the button functions myself. This game will just have to wait until I'm done with Dragon Age: Inquisition. Thanks for the info, HorTyS.