Garant vs Kal-Azaar 1:0
Ignatius vs Kal-Azaar 2:0

SEMIFINALS

5. KillVirgins vs Cucu99

Kal-Azaar vs Kal-Azaar 1:0
Acamas vs Acamas 1:1
Acamas vs Kal-Azaar 2:1

6. MnM_vs_Smarties vs Avkall

Kal-Azaar vs Dhamiria 0:1 (The best game in the tournament so far, showing just how resourceful players can be. Good job, Avkall! :) )
Kal-Azaar vs Garant 1:1
Kat vs Kat 2:1 (Avkall was really unlucky, his hand was very clunky)

THIRD PLACE MATCHUP

7. Cucu99 vs Avkall

Deleb vs Acamas 1:0
Shalan vs Kat 2:0 (Finally, Sanctuary makes an appearance. Still no Academy though. Another clunky hand for Avkall.)

GRAND FINAL

8. MnM_vs_Smarties vs KillVirgins

Mother Namtaru v2 vs Dhamiria 1:0
Mother Namtaru v2 vs Shaar 1:1
Deleb vs Ignatius 2:1
Kat vs Seria 3:1

The 2014 World Champion is MnM_vs_Smarties.
Congratulations!

Mar_Zen
11-15-2014, 06:45 PM
Is it able to watch the replays?

Schrudafruh
11-15-2014, 06:51 PM
Nice event!

What I'd like for next time:
- all matches as best of 5. best of 3 is too random between top players.
- invite a pro player to join the commentators. They are fine, but someone who is really good at the game would add something to the commentary. like LSV for Magic top 8s.

npavcec
11-15-2014, 10:32 PM
Inferno was used in 24 out of the 42 picks for the games. 57%. The meta is super healthy. (j/k) :D

Congrats to the players in general, they have showns really good composure and super sharp plays in general. There were only handful of misplays which I managed to observe, which is really small percentage of overall plays in the complete competition.

Mu3d0K
11-15-2014, 10:46 PM
Congratulations to the new World Champion ! :o
But all competitors did well, i enjoyed watching all the duels.

Thx for that !

Kimundi
11-16-2014, 03:18 PM
Nice job, thank you! Hope you enjoyed the stream! I will try to highlight the games on Twitch :) May take some time but at least we'll have them :D

Maerwin
11-16-2014, 03:34 PM
will decklists be posted somewhere?

malkorion
11-16-2014, 03:38 PM
Inferno was used in 24 out of the 42 picks for the games. 57%. The meta is super healthy. (j/k) :D

There were no Academy decks, one Sanctuary deck (Shalan) one Haven deck (Morgan), several Necro (Mother Namtaru v2, Seria), and some Stronghold (surprisingly decent) but there was a prominent Inferno presence, which tells us that the faction is super powerful right now, to the point that it's almost toxic for the game since no other faction can match it.

Time Jump is a format defining, if not meta warping card.

Starwatcher1625
11-16-2014, 03:53 PM
There were no Academy decks, one Sanctuary deck (Shalan) one Haven deck (Morgan), several Necro (Mother Namtaru v2, Seria), and some Stronghold (surprisingly decent) but there was a prominent Inferno presence, which tells us that the faction is super powerful right now, to the point that it's almost toxic for the game since no other faction can match it.

Time Jump is a format defining, if not meta warping card.

I for one was surprised at the lack of Academy. Going through Replay Manager and sorting by opponents elo I see that a pretty healthy amount of my 1850+ opponents are Academy.

Kimundi
11-16-2014, 04:08 PM
I highlighted most of the matches here : http://www.twitch.tv/duelofchampions/profile (Hiighlight section)

I wanted to get the replays back but the computers were taken from me before I could, if you are interested by a specific decklist, I can ask the players for it directly :)

waragadar
11-16-2014, 06:57 PM
thanks Kimmundi, but i've some difficult to see, it tell me "you're not editor of this channel"

Kimundi
11-16-2014, 07:45 PM
Sorry, you should be able to find here : http://www.twitch.tv/duelofchampions/profile under the Highlight section ;)

waragadar
11-16-2014, 10:05 PM
parfait, merci

ArgaliKabir
11-17-2014, 01:47 AM
I highlighted most of the matches here : http://www.twitch.tv/duelofchampions/profile (Hiighlight section)

I wanted to get the replays back but the computers were taken from me before I could, if you are interested by a specific decklist, I can ask the players for it directly :)

I think quite a lot of players are interested in exact decklists for every deck so we can netdeck for ladder. Get on it, lest you anger President Serpentfly.

cucu99
11-17-2014, 09:21 AM
Hey guys!

First i wanna thanks for Ubisoft and JKTV for organize this great event it was pleasure to meet with the staff and with the players! I also wanna thanks for all the viewers who support me from home and from the Meltdown Bar i was really happy to see that<3

I just wana share my experience with you guys so i will write it here: We went to Paris at early friday with my wife and arrive to the Hotel around 9AM where we just take a little time for a sleep. At 12-13:00 we went down to the lobby and met with Kimmundi and the R2P producer. At friday we had a chance to walk a little in Paris and chat with Aza404, Kimmundi and with the Players and Uraxor who camed from Italy just to see the whole event<3. In my opinion everyone were really nice and it was a big pleasure to meet with them. At saturday morning we went to Meltdown e-sport Bar (really cool place in the underground) where everyone got a card for a free Burger and 4 free drink (even my wife got it). We had a chance to talk with lot's of great people like the DoC producer game designers developers French or Belgian DoC fans and guys from O-gaming or Platoon. There were a lots of ppl who played tons of games against me in the last 2 years and was great to see everyone:)

About the event: It was really proffesional we always know what and when to do, there was tons of interview and we could watch the matches in TV behind the actual players. The event had an own coctail with name Road2Paris:)
After the event we went with Kimmundi Natchai and Aza to drink and chat to a bar near us (unfortunately we couldn't met with Tragicstar a lot because his wife just planned his whole weekend with tourism:) ) and we had a great evening.
My wife and we had to travel back to Hungary at sunday early unfortunately and we couldn't see too much from Paris but overall it was a really great experience for us!

About the matchups we talked with the players about it especially all of us were wonder nobody played academy, Jkk89 said he planned to play Nahla lock later but unfortunately he lost at the first round.
There was some really nice prices so i guess everyone tried his best and play what he thought is the best:) In my opinion Kal-azaar the best atmin the meta and most of us tried to play that or pick a counter against that, like Kat or Acamas with Crushers. There was some weird deck choices from a55555a1 and Redpepper6 but overall i saw what i expect from the tourney.

Once again thx for Ubisoft for made this for us and thx for All viewers who support me or other players and especially for everyone who support DoC at all! Love you guys! :O)

mufins1234
11-19-2014, 10:50 PM
@Kimmundi
Hi!
Can you ask Avkall for his R2P Ignatius build?
Thx in advance =)