PDA

View Full Version : how to unlock normad chests

SearStingray157
11-15-2014, 02:24 PM
How do I unlock normad chests?

I have downloaded the companion app, done the first training 'item', and now everything is locked with a 'play glyph to unlock', but I cant find where or how to do this.
Compared to previous AC's I find this game somewhat confusing - is there a help somewhere I have missed, a help which explains how the companion app works, and what are the objectives, and what is required in order to proceed ?

SenseHomunculus
11-15-2014, 02:45 PM
How do I unlock normad chests?

I have downloaded the companion app, done the first training 'item', and now everything is locked with a 'play glyph to unlock', but I cant find where or how to do this.
Compared to previous AC's I find this game somewhat confusing - is there a help somewhere I have missed, a help which explains how the companion app works, and what are the objectives, and what is required in order to proceed ?

You mean how to play the glyph puzzles? Each landmark with the missions is a 3-pronged icon with an axis point in the center. The center point is how you play the glyph puzzle. Click on the center and you should get a pop up box with "Start puzzle". Click that and it should start the puzzle. To play, you double-tap on any point on the landmark facade and an eagle vision "wave" moves over the building. The icons on the left show the glyphs you should be looking for. When you see the glyph, tap it. The number at the top left shows how many eagle vision waves you have left. You can fully rotate the building, pinch zoom in and out, etc. If you don't find all the glyphs in the allotted number of tries, you can retry the puzzle. It gets more difficult each time; more glyphs and fewer attempts. You win nomad points each time you solve the puzzle, doesn't cost anything to try and fail.

It's not very evident how to play this, you're right. I figured it out after trying several things.

SenseHomunculus
11-15-2014, 02:50 PM
BTW you should probably request help for this in either the general "Hints & Tips" forum or the AC Mobile forum. :)

SearStingray157
11-15-2014, 03:02 PM
Thank you for your help - I will check it one more time. I think I did try what you mentioned, but it showed as locked... I think. I will check again.

SenseHomunculus
11-15-2014, 03:14 PM
Thank you for your help - I will check it one more time. I think I did try what you mentioned, but it showed as locked... I think. I will check again.

OK, if that doesn't work try the Mobile forum, maybe they can help there.

How far are you in Unity? Maybe you have to be at a certain point? Although, I started playing the companion app when I was still ****ing around in Versailles before going to Paris.

SenseHomunculus
11-15-2014, 03:17 PM
And I just found this, too. (http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-unity-companion-app-faq/)