PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!!

Deathlaw2014
11-14-2014, 04:00 AM
I bought the game on steam with an activation code and when I try to activate it it says the servers are under matinence and won't let me activate it. What can I do?

Tanyn
11-14-2014, 04:01 AM
Is it trying to activate through Steam's servers? Or UPlays? (The UPlay servers have been a total wreck today, constantly going down.)

Deathlaw2014
11-14-2014, 04:03 AM
I have been trying on Uplays. How do I do it on Steam? It automatically connects me to Uplay.

Tanyn
11-14-2014, 04:06 AM
I didn't know if Steam had its own thing going on, so I thought I'd ask. Since it doesn't though, then you, like the rest of us, are stuck at the mercy of Ubisoft's woefully inadequate levels of preparation for this launch :c

This happens on every. single. launch. (UPlay server overload, servers going to constantly) ..... EVERY ONE.

And yet, every time, they act like they had no idea that this was coming ... as if they haven't gone through it before.

Deathlaw2014
11-14-2014, 04:22 AM
so should i wait to activate it? if so when should I.

Tanyn
11-14-2014, 04:34 AM
I would just keep trying, the servers are in flux, and they're overloaded, but you're bound to get in eventually

Bahjabroni
11-14-2014, 04:39 AM
I have been trying on Uplays. How do I do it on Steam? It automatically connects me to Uplay.

You cant do it on Steam. When you buy the game on Steam it gives you a code you have to activate in uPlay (only) to be able to play it.

Just keep trying. The uPlay servers have been hit or miss all day. Theres a sticky post in the uPlay forum from earlier today (11/13) that states they were doing maintenance, my guess is they still are.

One thing Ive heard working for some people is typing the code in. It sounds simple and stupid, but try typing it exactly rather than C/Ping it.

This was literally JUST posted on the Update Blog (http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/news/news_detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-184569-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32) in reply to someone:

As for the download speeds, we are currently working on our Uplay services, and this could have an impact on download/upload speeds. We are working to bring these back up to full functionality as quickly as possible.

They're obviously still doing maintenance. Your only real resort is to just keep trying until it finally takes.