PDA

View Full Version : Do we get paid?

KillerGanja69
11-14-2014, 12:50 AM
Ok, i get it. Fooled me once shame on me.
But seriously, do we get paid? For being official beta testers?

Despite the fact that i am severely disappointed in a AAA company, but seriously... can i play now? I got roughly 3.5 hours into the game before it became a perma crash ACU.exe FAIL

So, when can we expect a patch? Can we get some feedback? I know your working very hard to fix your stocks, sales, trying to get your game in order before you review embargo goes down. That doesnt mean you dont have to ignore us, your fans, customers, supporters. TALK TO US

Rekalty
11-14-2014, 02:03 AM
No, this is a special kind of Beta, were we pay to participate. It's pretty clever really, not only do Ubisoft save money by doing no internal QA, they even earn money, since they're getting paid for doing this beta.

electrodelic92
11-14-2014, 02:25 AM
Its like Steam Early Access , only fully under disguise of "AAA" full game release! Everyone who pre-orders and supports this in any kind of way is helping Ubisoft and continuing their shady scams!

Tanyn
11-14-2014, 02:51 AM
Good luck with that ... they've issued no sort of public statement whatsoever. They entirely neglect and underappreciate us ... then, when everything goes belly up and all their underhanded horse**** comes to light ... they ignore us.

We are not their first priority ... hell, I doubt "we" (read: the reason they even exist) even rank among the top 5. They'll get to us eventually I'm sure ... one day ... soon (tm) ... but first, they have to tend to the people they actually give a damn about ... their shareholders. Once they've calmed them, or did the best they could to keep them from jumping ship ... then maybe, just MAYBE we'll get a "We're aware of the problem and are working to fix it." copied/pasted, PR whitewash line that completely leaves us in the dark while avoiding taking any sort of blame for the ****storm of negligence that was involved in this game's development.

Damn you Ubisoft, for two reasons. A) You made me love the AC franchise ... B) Your profit-mongering, and complete lack of appreciation for your OWN WORK ... let alone those of us who pay you for it.

Shareholders are all nice and good ... but if you have no paying customers, your shareholders will disappear. How about you give us ONE good reason that we should give you one. more. dime.?

KillerGanja69
11-14-2014, 03:58 AM
I just want some feedback. A response, or even a shrug, just to say 'HEY, we are here, We do listen, We do want to improve our game we made you pay full price for, knowing it was broken.'

Even a tweet? Mb just one? Because all i hear is hearsay from what you, Ubi-Soft, is doing about this problem you created.

I read on IGN that you guys (Devs) are trying to do some patches. That was two days ago. Whats the good word? Because i havent seen anything, heard anything, or gameplay hasnt improved, since,

I am the guy that got most of my friends stuck on the AC series, dont make me the guy that everyone hates because of it.

Just something guys... I want... NO i NEED something saying WE HEAR YOU! WE ARE NOT DEAF BLIND AND STUPID!

I have spent so much money on UbiSoft games. It will be a sad day, when you no longer receive my money.

All.Names.Taken
11-14-2014, 04:22 AM
I just want some feedback. A response, or even a shrug, just to say 'HEY, we are here, We do listen, We do want to improve our game we made you pay full price for, knowing it was broken.'

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/community/liveupdates/index.aspx

asph3ll
11-14-2014, 04:28 AM
From my experience the perma-crash bug is caused by going to specific area's. It's different for everyone from the looks of it. In my case I can't go to the large castle area in the bottom right of the map to finish a nostradamus engima cause that area's causes a crash.

Although if the game is trying to load you in to that area, or you have a story quest there. GG, sucks to be you I guess.

Anyway, on topic of us being beta testers:

UBI: We don't understand, we totally tested for bugs and didn't find anything wrong!
Us: How did you not find anything wrong? Did you play the game at all?
UBI: No, why would we do that!
Us: To find bugs?!
UBI: Like we said, we didn't find any! Geez!

KillerGanja69
11-14-2014, 04:29 AM
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/community/liveupdates/index.aspx

Thats just a vague, we know whats going on. and there might be a fix soon, but might not. This is typical for almost all companies. Especially Game Developers.

Showtime106
11-14-2014, 04:40 AM
Ok, i get it. Fooled me once shame on me.
But seriously, do we get paid? For being official beta testers?

Despite the fact that i am severely disappointed in a AAA company, but seriously... can i play now? I got roughly 3.5 hours into the game before it became a perma crash ACU.exe FAIL

So, when can we expect a patch? Can we get some feedback? I know your working very hard to fix your stocks, sales, trying to get your game in order before you review embargo goes down. That doesnt mean you dont have to ignore us, your fans, customers, supporters. TALK TO US

lol

All.Names.Taken
11-14-2014, 04:41 AM
You said you wanted feedback. That's what their Live Updates Feed is. How is it vague? They acknowledged the problems and state what they are working on. It's everything you asked for.

What do you expect? A personal letter from the CEO addressed specifically to you? A personal one-on-one chat with a developer? I don't fault you for setting your ambitions high--that's an admirable quality indeed--but don't be surprised if it doesn't always go as planned. :)

fashric
11-14-2014, 04:57 AM
Have to give them some credit for creating the live feed. At least it shows they took notice of some of the complaints from the Watch Dogs fiasco. Nothing worse than being totally left in the dark.

KillerGanja69
11-14-2014, 09:29 AM
You said you wanted feedback. That's what their Live Updates Feed is. How is it vague? They acknowledged the problems and state what they are working on. It's everything you asked for.

I did not know about the live feed back, i feel that would still be on them for not being more public about it.
What do you expect? A personal letter from the CEO addressed specifically to you? A personal one-on-one chat with a developer? I don't fault you for setting your ambitions high--that's an admirable quality indeed--but don't be surprised if it doesn't always go as planned. :)

What I expect from a triple A company, is a triple A game. Not this garbage. Yeah, alot of there departments really shined in this game. Yes its AC, and i will love it anyway, regardless of my rage. But seriously? I'm sorry for being upset about paying 60USD for a video game that just made it to the beta stage. It is not unheard of, to push a release date because you are not ready to release what ever product it is.

What truly astonishes me, is the fact that they decided to release this, in the state that its in. Then expect us, the consumers, to sit around for them to fix something they were trying to fix BEFORE they released it?? (cant tell me they didnt know about it)

So yes, i would like some straight feedback. Doesn't have to be me personally, but to all of us, as a community. Even an public apology would be correct for them to do, in my opinion. Especially to save face.

Until then, vague response to an already known problem.. Then silence to the community. Embargoed reviews. Not to mention the state the game is in right now?

If we cant get some type of a real feedback, wouldnt it be in our right, to at least get half our money back? Half a game for half the money? Or is that to much to ask? Because in all honesty, I would still love to get paid to be a tester =D Regguardless, because that is what I personally feel my goal is in ACU.

jeffies04
11-14-2014, 09:51 AM
This is press release statement worthy, in my opinion. After making it so obvious what happened with their post-release review embargo somebody needs to step up and take some responsibility. It's great they're putting on some public face about fixing things, but they need to make an account for what a fiasco this has become. I mean the whole thing was covered by Forbes!

MentalHegemony
11-14-2014, 07:03 PM

I expect a well-flushed out game at release. Why preorder and then wait for days/weeks/months for them to fix problems they already know about and should have squashed prior to release. It is, quite literally, criminal. If I were an Ubi employee, I'd be embarrassed and ashamed that I work for such an unethical company.