PDA

View Full Version : UK 1 hour till release!

D_cover
11-14-2014, 12:01 AM
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20141114T00&p0=136&msg=Assassin%27s+Creed%3A+Unity+Release

One hour to go UK till "official release" but for you guys that have digital download I hope it all goes well.

I will hopefully be joining you all tomorrow if not enjoy the game. :)

Blackred689
11-14-2014, 01:03 AM
bong
http://i61.tinypic.com/2wpno6g.jpg

It's appeared in uplay automatically for me, great; now to start downloading

Hypnotic82
11-14-2014, 01:06 AM
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20141114T00&p0=136&msg=Assassin%27s+Creed%3A+Unity+Release

One hour to go UK till "official release" but for you guys that have digital download I hope it all goes well.

I will hopefully be joining you all tomorrow if not enjoy the game. :)

Its unlocked... and now 800mb patch to download..

You would think they would allow us to download that before it was unlocked!

strigoi1958
11-14-2014, 01:08 AM
I've been playing since this morning... I don't know whether it downloaded already patched or not but I haven't had a glitch or bug yet... game looks even more stunning than the xbox streams and YT clips.

just checked.... it's version 1.1.0

Tanyn
11-14-2014, 01:08 AM
Good luck with that ... if you experience is anything like mine has been, then the first day will go great, as you're still awash in that fresh "New Assassin" feeling. Then, on day 2, the floor falls out from under you, and you realize how massively Ubisoft screwed us all with this release. .... Ooh, but don't talk bad about them! It's ok for them to silence the press, try to milk us out of every dollar we have, and release footage that is knowingly far superior to what the product will look like at launch ... but we can't call them the bad guys, or we're breaking the rules. -_-

strigoi1958
11-14-2014, 01:13 AM
Sorry it is not good for you. I hope it will become better for you soon. I wont mind if there's the odd glitch that forces me to restart a memory. The game IS better looking than the clips. I can honestly say that any game that looks this good at 1080p doesn't need 1440 let alone 4k.

and even though I don't own an xbone or ps4... I'd play this at 900p

PointyEBT
Would be great to be able to play on launch day..... if only my tracking number didn't estimate delivery of my Guillotine on MONDAY. Ubisoft WHY do you use Yodel???

Blackred689
Some people on reddit and neogaf are saying to remove stutter disconnect the internet when playing Unity for possibly DRM and other systems working away.

One thing I have noticed on the forums is how many are saying one session is fine then the next is really bad on all platforms. Also some are saying that going offline on PS4 solve the issues.

Tanyn
11-14-2014, 01:20 AM
Sorry it is not good for you. I hope it will become better for you soon. I wont mind if there's the odd glitch that forces me to restart a memory. The game IS better looking than the clips. I can honestly say that any game that looks this good at 1080p doesn't need 1440 let alone 4k.

and even though I don't own an xbone or ps4... I'd play this at 900p

If that's all it was, I wouldn't be complaining. I'm talking about (so far as has been discovered) an entire 14% (the entire southeast) of the map being inaccessible, because you crash when you enter it, no matter what direction you approach from, or how fast you're going (there's another thread that shows how many people are being hit by this, same districts for all of them).

I'm also talking about being kicked out of SINGLE PLAYER, PRIVATE MISSIONS, because I lost connection to the Ubisoft servers ... yet. again. How many damned times do they have to suffer through launches like this, before they get a clue, and reinforce the servers properly, to handle the traffic.

Then there is the issue of not being able to access your gear customization (again, for the single player aspect), if the Ubisoft servers are down ... and right now, it's just a good bet to assume that they're down.

IF you can get to gear custimzation, then once you get to the point that Legendary Gear is your only upgrade, you have to come face to face with the fact that 95% of the legendary gear is locked behind a feature that hasn't even been implemented yet . . .

This game is, for all intents and purposes, the digital equivalent of the finger. They took our money, then gave us a completely **** product ... and now they can't even be bothered to have the courtesy to SPEAK to those of us who pay their damned salaries, and let us know what they're doing to fix this disaster? ... yeah ... Ubisoft is officially the new EA. Screw these guys.

AJRimmsey
11-14-2014, 01:23 AM
Also congratulations to you brits for paying half the price that all the others paid.

as in the few days since first release the price dropped from 50 to under 25

as soon as it hits under 15 i will be buying it and adding another 35 to my box of cash saved.
[just counted the savings from this year games buying and have 855 in there.]

wonder how much a titan is ?

strigoi1958
11-14-2014, 01:29 AM
I pre-ordered from cdkeys.com for 24.99 months ago... so maybe that's why I don't mind a bug or glitch but I haven't got to the south east district crash yet... maybe the brits being 2 days behind in release dates is really 2 days closer to the patch ? hopefully it will arrive before I get to a big glitch but until then... what I have seen is very good.

Tanyn
11-14-2014, 01:32 AM
wonder how much a titan is ?

Last I checked? $1500 (US) ... I can't even fathom what that card would be capable of, to justify that price, especially since it's outperformed by at least 3 other cards that I know of, for AC:U.

AJRimmsey
11-14-2014, 01:34 AM
I pre-ordered from cdkeys.com for 24.99 months ago... so maybe that's why I don't mind a bug or glitch but I haven't got to the south east district crash yet... maybe the brits being 2 days behind in release dates is really 2 days closer to the patch ? hopefully it will arrive before I get to a big glitch but until then... what I have seen is very good.

phew

glad i never saw that months ago as it would have swayed me to risk it.

was too focused on wasteland 2 release.

Tanyn
11-14-2014, 01:35 AM

Much to my dismay, I have to agree. The part about all these crashes and bugs that pisses me off the most, is the fact that the game is bloody fantastic. It really returns me to a better time, I kinda feel like I'm playing AC2 again (which was the title that made me truly fall in love with this series, more so than AC1). Now I just need them to get it into working order. Paying $60 to be a public beta tester was NOT how this scenario was supposed to pan out.

AJRimmsey
11-14-2014, 01:36 AM
Last I checked? $1500 (US) ... I can't even fathom what that card would be capable of, to justify that price, especially since it's outperformed by at least 3 other cards that I know of, for AC:U.

just saw this myself,so rethinking finally going Sli on a couple of those 9xx cards.

so many people moaning that the titans are not being catered for in games..

strigoi1958
11-14-2014, 01:41 AM
Much to my dismay, I have to agree. The part about all these crashes and bugs that pisses me off the most, is the fact that the game is bloody fantastic. It really returns me to a better time, I kinda feel like I'm playing AC2 again (which was the title that made me truly fall in love with this series, more so than AC1). Now I just need them to get it into working order. Paying $60 to be a public beta tester was NOT how this scenario was supposed to pan out.

That really sums it up perfectly.... it IS bloody fantastic and I think you are right... it's like AC2 now I think about it, that's why it feel familiar.. AC1 was a fantastic idea that needed to be built upon. It was great compared to games that were around then but it wasn't quite awesome but the potential was there.. AC 2 lived up to the potential (and probably surpassed anything I had expected) and really developed every aspect and made the game more absorbing... I think that is why I relate to Unity so quickly. :)

changed RIGHT for AWESOME

strigoi1958
11-14-2014, 01:44 AM
look on the geforce forums... it's SLI not being catered for... :( I see titans as cards for commercial use and given the price of a 980 and it's performance I'd go for a 900 series card and I hear rumours of 8gb cards or maybe a ti version coming early 2015

Blackred689
11-14-2014, 01:48 AM
Titan is old news

what they are good at is double precision, work related stuff. this is disabled on the 700 and 900 series and it's also 6gb of ram. its like a dual purpose GPU that's a gaming plus work card.

Titan Black is the new one, its 780ti performance and comes with double precision and 6gb again

I see some NVidia cards are coming soon that have more vram than the 980. maybe if you have large funds and not sure then maybe wait on buying a 980