PDA

View Full Version : How to link Initiates to Uplay?

Going4Quests
11-13-2014, 09:13 PM
Hey,

I have all AC games on Uplay (except AC1-> Steam only) and I just joined Initiates after discovering it in Unity properly (heard of it before, but no idea what it was). Now I see all the AC games in a list but instead of it tracking all the things i've done I see this:

"Link this game to your Uplay account to keep track of your progress and gain XP"

How do I link the games to my Uplay account?

flinteimKorn
11-13-2014, 10:52 PM
Any news on this?
I've played AC2 on PS3, which shows up just fine, but both AC3 and AC4 which I bought on steam are connected to the uplay account but not connected to initiates...

nikeboy94
11-14-2014, 06:32 AM
I've got all of the AC games on PC via Uplay-only and a couple on Steam. Tried logging into AC initiates and got nothing. So I'm going to assume it might be a problem with games linked to a PC uplay account.

Misa_Kitten
11-14-2014, 06:46 AM
I got all the games too but doesn't show up for me either, would love to know how to link it too

flinteimKorn
11-14-2014, 09:15 AM
Did anybody already try to contact Ubisoft Support on this?

jishihouyi
11-14-2014, 10:26 AM
I played AC3 and 4 but i am still 1 level in my AC Initiates

HEAVYFLAME
11-14-2014, 10:37 AM
I have played all AC Games on PC, and used AC Initiates in AC4 a lot, i was allready Level 10. Then they rebuild AC Initiates and now iam down to Level 3 and Initiates do not recognise my savegames from AC4. So yeah it seams to be badly brocken atm.

AgileAC
11-14-2014, 10:46 AM
I think that all those "Commming soon" signs are a good indication of how finished the website is. I would have expected at least that part to work, though, as they've done the same thing with the previous title, but apparently not.

Dag_B
11-14-2014, 11:19 AM
See here for official information on the performance of Initiates:

[Uplay_Account]AC Initiates Services Are Currently Unavailable | Forums (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/946708-AC-Initiates-Services-Are-Currently-Unavailable?p=10329756&viewfull=1#post10329756)

flinteimKorn
11-14-2014, 11:35 AM
So it's the usual "wait and see what happens"...

dnameless1
11-15-2014, 07:44 PM
Hi.

I have every AC title (those that were released for PC anyway), finished tons of them with 100% sync, and a bunch of other ubisoft titles. Result: Initiate level: 1. Experience points: 0.

The same sh*t happened last time with Black Flag. Too bad this time stuff in the game is connected to that level, and I'm wondering if I'll be able to access those things before I've finished the game.

Not to mention that "companion app" cr*p.

From the text Dag_B posted:

"Welcome back Initiates,
The new platform and its new features will be accessible gradually over the course of the coming days and weeks. Rest assured the team is working hard to bring you the full Initiates experience online.
To start, those who were already part of the Initiates experience will have access to their profile. New members will have the possibility to create their very own Initiates profile. This is your unique chance to connect your Assassin’s Creed games to your profile and be rewarded for your progression within the brand."

Yeah, right. That's why I got the create new account/profile/whatever link, and also why I get to see I have zero of the previous titles.

Next time try fixing these things before releasing a game. Especially if you're going to add stuff to the game that can't be done/accessed with said things.

Really, ubisoft? Come on..

link to reply in another thread, apparently I'm not the only one:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/946708-AC-Initiates-Services-Are-Currently-Unavailable?p=10332499&viewfull=1#post10332499

I think Initiates was new with/around Black Flag. Didn't work properly back then (noticed experience going up logging in first time, after that it was 0). Gave up on it seeing as it was new and I finished the game at some point anyway. This time chests (and other stuff? don't know..) seem to be linked to it, and now I can possibly wait to access (who knows what kind of) certain stuff before I can open certain chests, depending on when the "initiate" mechanism gets fixed.

Don't mind the idea, might have liked it, but it's not working. And I didn't pre-order this game to have it sit for "weeks" until I can actually access everything inside.

I like the series, I (generally speaking) like ubisoft games. I don't complain very often/soon. I understand software may/might/will contain bugs, but this is just annoying. Next time, try postponing the release again/more. Or just add something (a "kill switch", if you will) to release certain content anyway, in case of non-working extra stuff (like the initiates site).

Diarmuid_III
11-15-2014, 08:53 PM
Hi.

I have every AC title (those that were released for PC anyway), finished tons of them with 100% sync, and a bunch of other ubisoft titles. Result: Initiate level: 1. Experience points: 0.

The same sh*t happened last time with Black Flag. Too bad this time stuff in the game is connected to that level, and I'm wondering if I'll be able to access those things before I've finished the game.

Not to mention that "companion app" cr*p.

From the text Dag_B posted:

"Welcome back Initiates,
The new platform and its new features will be accessible gradually over the course of the coming days and weeks. Rest assured the team is working hard to bring you the full Initiates experience online.
To start, those who were already part of the Initiates experience will have access to their profile. New members will have the possibility to create their very own Initiates profile. This is your unique chance to connect your Assassin’s Creed games to your profile and be rewarded for your progression within the brand."

Yeah, right. That's why I got the create new account/profile/whatever link, and also why I get to see I have zero of the previous titles.

Next time try fixing these things before releasing a game. Especially if you're going to add stuff to the game that can't be done/accessed with said things.

Really, ubisoft? Come on..

link to reply in another thread, apparently I'm not the only one:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/946708-AC-Initiates-Services-Are-Currently-Unavailable?p=10332499&viewfull=1#post10332499

I think Initiates was new with/around Black Flag. Didn't work properly back then (noticed experience going up logging in first time, after that it was 0). Gave up on it seeing as it was new and I finished the game at some point anyway. This time chests (and other stuff? don't know..) seem to be linked to it, and now I can possibly wait to access (who knows what kind of) certain stuff before I can open certain chests, depending on when the "initiate" mechanism gets fixed.

Don't mind the idea, might have liked it, but it's not working. And I didn't pre-order this game to have it sit for "weeks" until I can actually access everything inside.

I like the series, I (generally speaking) like ubisoft games. I don't complain very often/soon. I understand software may/might/will contain bugs, but this is just annoying. Next time, try postponing the release again/more. Or just add something (a "kill switch", if you will) to release certain content anyway, in case of non-working extra stuff (like the initiates site).

The same issue for me. Literally nothing is there. Have every AC title from the beginning. Loads of collectibles. Loads of work done previously. I wouldn't care if it wasn't part of the AC Unity game but it is. Worse still can't find any place where there is any recognition that there is a problem. So is it me or them?????

dnameless1
11-15-2014, 10:46 PM
The same issue for me. Literally nothing is there. Have every AC title from the beginning. Loads of collectibles. Loads of work done previously. I wouldn't care if it wasn't part of the AC Unity game but it is. Worse still can't find any place where there is any recognition that there is a problem. So is it me or them?????

It definitely is you. And me. Well, you and me both. And perhaps some other folks.

On the other hand, some people apparently haven't received their (pre-order) special editions yet. Therefore I'll refrain from complaining further, since A: I can play the game, and B: there are probably some people feeling worse than a lot of other people (customers and ubisoft people alike).

VikMorroHun
06-07-2015, 01:05 PM
I recently bought AC: Unity on Steam. Completed III and IV before, was at level 5 on AC Initiates. I had to select "Initiates" in AC: Unity's main menu twice to link it to my AC Initiates profile. I've reached level 6 instantly.