PDA

View Full Version : Poor Sound quality AC: Unity (ps4)

Omegatr0n
11-13-2014, 07:44 PM
Hi,

Today Unity got released in my country and because all of the reports of bugs/glitches i was a bit worried. After installing the first patch i started up the game and i noticed that the game did not run as smooth as the others in the series (played them all on PC). Its not unplayable but it doesnt feel next gen.

Though the reason for my post is not about the framerate issues but the poor sound quality.

I play my games in my livingroom using a Denon 3312 amplifier and a 5.1 setup consisting of high end quality speakers. While all my other games (one of them Watch dogs) have a good quality sound output this game is bad. English is not my native language but i will try to explain what im hearing.
Its like they used an equalizer to add a filter making it sound like the audio is muffled. I gonna exaggerate a lot now but its like i put boxes over my speakers and then play the game. So the sound doest feel alive if u know what i mean.

Do more people experience this? Is it a known issue?

Thanks.

Davus5591
11-14-2014, 07:04 PM
Do more people experience this?.

Hi,

I have the same issue with soundoutput on ps4.
I'm using the optical output of the ps4, connected to a digital->analog sound-converter connected to a 2.1 logitech stereo system.
All other games I played on the PS4, including watch dogs, made no sound issues.

It would be nice if there could be some work done on this issue.

Sincerely, Davus

Gehab
11-14-2014, 07:26 PM
Same issue. I think this is just the game though. Try going inside a building and it will sound better. They will most likley fix it.

NachbarHome
12-08-2014, 02:08 PM
I have the same problem - with my Denon 5.1 System everything sounds like rubbish.

PHLFANJAN
12-08-2014, 03:42 PM
Same problem but I am playing on PC with a pair of high end headphones. It's just the game, not much we can do about it. :(
After 2 days I got used to it and didn't notice it anymore.