PDA

View Full Version : Worst launch ever

Becerikli
11-13-2014, 07:12 PM
Sorry for the negativity but I need to vent.

First they come up with the worst kind of pre-order program for Unity. It is one thing to organise as teams, but to make it impossible to leave a team or join another one is another. That added up for missing some of the goodies. Look, a lovely soundtrack and a pretty little mission but you can't have any!

All the previous games were sent on time, so I already had a bad feeling when on Monday came the email that both Rogue and Unity have shipped. And it happened as I feared. My games are in the country, but not at my house. It's already so late that they're not coming today anymore.

As I usually go for the special editions for my favorite franchises, I spent more than 200 for those two games. Which I don't have on launch day. Can't help but feel very disappointed.

wickywoowoo
11-13-2014, 07:31 PM

First they come up with the worst kind of pre-order program for Unity. It is one thing to organise as teams, but to make it impossible to leave a team or join another one is another. That added up for missing some of the goodies. Look, a lovely soundtrack and a pretty little mission but you can't have any!

All the previous games were sent on time, so I already had a bad feeling when on Monday came the email that both Rogue and Unity have shipped. And it happened as I feared. My games are in the country, but not at my house. It's already so late that they're not coming today anymore.

As I usually go for the special editions for my favorite franchises, I spent more than 200 for those two games. Which I don't have on launch day. Can't help but feel very disappointed.

I cannot comment on other issues but the day before UK release and my order not even being with the delivery company is a disgrace as, like you, I spent the most money possible on the pre-order special editions.

BadassBert007
11-13-2014, 07:34 PM
If you still can then cancel your order, you will be dodging a massive bullet. If you are completely set on playing Unity, at least wait and see if they can patch this botched mess into a semi working game, you will save yourself much frustration.

Becerikli
11-13-2014, 07:39 PM
My venting was a bit premature, it seems. It's a couple of hours after the closing time of UPS but they just delivered the games. Wasn't expecting that. But I'm still not happy about the pre-order program. :)

pudge29
11-13-2014, 08:53 PM
That's ok.. I'm uk. It goes live in mere hours.. My game is in Germany and yodel have said I might not get it till Monday... Why bother spending over a hundred pounds on a game fro. The manufacturer and miss out on release day... Its ridiculous.. And they have taken a like it or lump it approach on the nine plus phone calls I've made.. Great.

Hans684
11-13-2014, 09:30 PM

No need for a sorry in this case.

In the same situation myself.

As I usually go for the special editions for my favorite franchises, I spent more than 200€ for those two games. Which I don't have on launch day. Can't help but feel very disappointed.

I'm more mad than disappointed and as you I've spent a lot of money on the games. Collectors Edition(Rogue) and Guillotine Edition(Unity).

SofaJockey
11-13-2014, 09:45 PM
I'm sure the game is not as bad as some reviews are suggesting.

I'm looking forward to both AC instalments (arriving in the mail tomorrow).

And whilst they will under the circumstances stay on the shelf until after I've finished Dragon Age Inquisition,
I'm sure they will be entertaining.

Reviews tend to make out that games are either perfection or sh*t.