PDA

View Full Version : I tried, I really did, I just can't bring myself to play this any more

doughy12
11-13-2014, 07:11 PM
I have to give up on this game, I just cannot play it any more for 2 reasons (The second reason not being really all that bad but still factored in on why I gave up)
While change is necessary in a lot of cases, however the first reason I'm listing isn't just a change, it's actually a problem and it changes the entire combat structure within the entire Assassin's Creed Series altogether.

THE FIRST PROBLEM:
The major problem I have with this game is the one on one combat system created by the camera zooming in and out. This camera crap actually locks the player into being able to fighting/attack only one enemy at a time and eliminates all control over anything combat related until the camera is done zooming out.

WHY THIS IS A PROBLEM:
If I am surrounded by 4-5 enemies, I cannot fight the group in any order I want and change who I'm attacking on the fly, just like every other AC game I've played. Instead this camera zoom crap which creates one on one fights, with no freedom of combat style. And I'm not talking about that one button kill crap either. I'm talking about if I want to attack an enemy on my left, then then block an incoming attack from the enemy in front then counter, then be able to attack an enemy behind me..ETC.'

This camera zoom system crap does not make combat harder, it totally eradicates the entire Assassin's Creed Combat system altogether.

THE SOLUTION:
UBISOFT developers need to create and release a patch that allows this to be shut off from the main menu so this way, players that like this crap, can still use it, and the real AC players who know why this is a major problem, can shut it off and play the game the way it's really supposed to be being played. If you have a game titled Assassin's Creed, then there are Staple things you simply just don't remove for any reason.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________

THE SECOND PROBLEM:
There is no story connection, you're thrown into the game without a back story, no introductions as to what's going on, you're just running around aimlessly with no real point to why you're doing anything that you're doing. In the second memory of the first sequence you're somehow now a KID for some reason with no explanation as to why and without any story connection points your father gets killed? Now all of a sudden it's 13 years later and there is still no mention of anything prior.

This was just a very sloppy strewn together game with no direction in anything. Free form in game play is one thing, you don't work that into story.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________

CHosIN1
11-13-2014, 07:35 PM
im not disagreeing with you at all seems kinda weird to me. I also don't agree with it being flawed my personal experience its kind of a counter counter attack system. If i remember correctly the first and second was the same way if you didn't counter and knock the attacking guy down you pretty lost alot. But im enjoying the game thanks for input though. my problem is finding the right angle for a stealth kill. But that is the beauty of the game. need to figure out what works for me.

dbgager
11-13-2014, 07:42 PM
Read the database..It gives you all the background you will ever need for every single character in the game. As far as being a kid the women who talked to you before that sequence told you what was going on. She told you to decide for yourself. If your lost to as why you are in that scene you should have paid attention to the cutscene. The kid is you by the way ( Arno)..The story develops as you play the game. There not going to give you all the answers at the beginning of the game. As far as your first comment I see nothing wrong with the combat.. If you want to disengage from combat just go into free run mode. I have no problem hitting multiple enemies however. You have a dodge button also if your being attacked from multiple directions.

doughy12
11-13-2014, 09:26 PM
As far as the combat system, this crap totally and utterly it goes against the entire Assassin's Creed combat system in every single game. The fact that this game has the Assassin's Creed name on it, means it should be following that same combat system throughout the entire series.

As far as the story goes
Putting the story into the database is an excuse for lazy development and is irrelevant the story backgrounds have been in the game play itself letting the players always know what's going on. There is no proof the kid is you nor is there anything that references it. They just threw you back into a past memory with no guidelines or information about anything that is going on. No one has any idea what's going on. There is no player that plays this game that is going to tell me they know what's going on with just this part of the game. Knowing what's going on AFTER the fact has no bearing on this, as a player you're supposed to know what's going on when you arrive at that point.

As far as the database goes, ONLY the highlights are what's supposed to be in the database, and not an entire background and story and again there is no mention of this to the player so telling me all the information is in there is ********.

Hasn't been like this in any other AC game and the fact that it was done to this the combat and the story means this is not an assassin's creed game.

Saying this is an Assassin's Creed game is exactly like saying Sacred 3 is a Sacred game.

Players that like new things don't seem to get the importance of not disrupting staple things that make a game series what it is.

This game fails to deliver in an Assassin's Creed game in some of the most important aspects, and gamers that like new things simply don't get it.

fenris19892
11-13-2014, 09:38 PM
I can understand the combat problem but I' see no problem with the story, I'm understanding it rather well and I'm not exactly a scholar " without any story connection points your father gets killed?" yes it's how some games are done as you progress more and more of the story is revealed,if you just stopped before the main characters first true predicament then yes you aren't going to understand.With this Assassins Creed you have to immerse yourself in it to truly enjoy it imo.

Cowboy_2007
11-13-2014, 09:41 PM
crap game by a dev team that has been making crap games for over 15 years. hope they finally ruined their name enough so people will stop buying these garbage half finished games they pump out one after the other on the same damn engine even after they didnt add anything for the season pass holders of black flag.. so wtf i paid for a season pass where the crap is my content?! i didnt give u guys free money damn it.. im calling a lawyer.. see if i can sue you guys and if i can im going to spread the word on steam and build a following to come after u jokes. enjoy loisng your butts on this and other horrible "games" you guys have made.. im just disgusted with ubisoft. can your dev team meet me so i can punch them all in the face plz.. you all deserve a punch in the face thats for sure. criminals!

doughy12
11-13-2014, 09:44 PM
I can understand the combat problem but I'm understanding the story rather well and I'm not exactly a scholar " without any story connection points your father gets killed?" yes it's how some games are done as you progress more and more of the story is revealed,if you just stopped before the main characters first true predicament then yes you aren't going to understand.With this Assassins Creed you have to immerse yourself in it to truly enjoy it imo.
Except you're always explained WHAT YOU'RE ACTUALLY DOING THERE either before and or after you arrive.

You run around, follow some girl, steal an apple, some dead guy is on the ground.
There is no reason you were thrown into the memory of a kid with no explanation as to why you are there or what you're doing. This segment doesn't even fit in with anything that's going on.

fenris19892
11-13-2014, 09:44 PM
crap game by a dev team that has been making crap games for over 15 years. hope they finally ruined their name enough so people will stop buying these garbage half finished games they pump out one after the other on the same damn engine even after they didnt add anything for the season pass holders of black flag.. so wtf i paid for a season pass where the crap is my content?! i didnt give u guys free money damn it.. im calling a lawyer.. see if i can sue you guys and if i can im going to spread the word on steam and build a following to come after u jokes. enjoy loisng your butts on this and other horrible "games" you guys have made.. im just disgusted with ubisoft. can your dev team meet me so i can punch them all in the face plz.. you all deserve a punch in the face thats for sure. criminals!

sounds like ya might wan to stick to free to play games,they might suit your temperament a little more than games that cost money.

dbgager
11-13-2014, 09:45 PM
I suggest you start paying attention. When the man asks him what his name is he says "Arno". I understand exactly whats going on...The woman throws you into the memory and tells you to decide for yourself. Its an early memory of the character you will spend the entire game being. It was pretty obvious to me. You see death..You steal something. Seems to be a start to a path that would end being an Assasin.

fenris19892
11-13-2014, 09:49 PM
Except you're always explained WHAT YOU'RE ACTUALLY DOING THERE either before and or after you arrive.

You run around, follow some girl, steal an apple, some dead guy is on the ground.
There is no reason you were thrown into the memory of a kid with no explanation as to why you are there or what you're doing. This segment doesn't even fit in with anything that's going on.

Yes exactly, take for example do you remember everything that has ever happened to you between the ages of 3-10?I know I don't(i recall assassins creed black flag and assassins creed 3 weren't too much different in that respect)If you continue playing you will understand,but it is your call,if ya don't like it I would suggest sticking to a free to play game that way there's no question of 'wasting money' as I'm sure some believe is true.
But dont get me wrong some of the bugs and glitches are inexcusable.

aruler
11-13-2014, 09:57 PM
THE FIRST PROBLEM:
The major problem I have with this game is the one on one combat system created by the camera zooming in and out.

THE SECOND PROBLEM:
There is no story connection, you're thrown into the game without a back story, no introductions as to what's going on.
I guess i would need to see the camera combat mechanics in action to comment but i don't want to spoil my game as i have not got the game yet. At the upper right on the forums there is a story trailer giving some insight to what is what, there is mention of arno's revenge, also i saw a recent video from one of the main developers that unity is a new start for next gen but you can see it is a welcome return to the original settings this time around.

ZaioFong
11-13-2014, 10:00 PM
Dude, I call your BULL. The game ONLY zooms in during fights on 2 occasions. When you're doing a finisher during which you're invincible and when you friggin turn the camera against something that has collision detection like walls. Otherwise all you gotta do to attack/interrupt other enemies is to hold the friggin direction button before you attack. It's practically the same as other AC games other than the lack of counter kill & streaks. And you can even do a freaking dodge roll.

Also, concerning the story, either you skipped all the cutscenes or you have the intelligence of a gorilla at birth. The main character of the memories maybe Arno but the main character (player) of the game is YOU aka the lifeform that "BISHOP" is talking to. Right after the first memory sequence of the Knights Templar, she outright tells you she wants your help analyzing the life of the assassin then promptly sends you into the memory sequence. What other CLUE do you need to tell you who the little kid was?

If you knew the older AC games so friggin well, you should know there's always a timeskip between memories and they tell you what the hell happened during those times through the dialogue early on AND as you play out the missions. And you should know there's always a conspiracy going on and the effing info will add into the database as you unlock them. Why the f*ck would anyone play the games if all the f*cking spoilers can be found right at the start. You're better off playing games for K-5 if you expect everything to be just told and handed to you.

Go get eaten and digested by a friggin leopard.

impretty632
11-13-2014, 10:15 PM
i'm not understanding you. the combat is the same as every other AC that i've played (2, 3, and 4). you just move the in the direction of the person you wanna attack.

doughy12
11-13-2014, 11:21 PM
i'm not understanding you. the combat is the same as every other AC that i've played (2, 3, and 4). you just move the in the direction of the person you wanna attack.
You didn't play AC 4 then because the combat in UNITY is nothing like AC IV you're delusional to even think that.

I suggest you start paying attention. When the man asks him what his name is he says "Arno". I understand exactly whats going on...The woman throws you into the memory and tells you to decide for yourself. Its an early memory of the character you will spend the entire game being. It was pretty obvious to me. You see death..You steal something. Seems to be a start to a path that would end being an Assasin.

Pay attention to what. You go from tackling a thief into a memory of playing a kid without any explanation as to why this is happening, there is no introductions to any characters and their background.

How brain dead do you gamers have to be to not understand the following:
If I enter a memory of a kid then I expect a basic reason on what's going on, who I am, why I'm playing this particular character when I arrive or at least before I enter that memory and then build off that from inside the memory. WHICH IT FAILED ON ALL ENDS TO DO ANY OF THAT..so I still have absolutely no idea who that kid is, why I played them, what I was doing there or anything. None of that information is present anywhere.

So you're being bounced around without cause, reason, or explanation.

I'm just going to wait until dragon age inquisition comes out and hope that game is put together correctly.

soccer06
11-13-2014, 11:41 PM
As far as the combat system, this crap totally and utterly it goes against the entire Assassin's Creed combat system in every single game. The fact that this game has the Assassin's Creed name on it, means it should be following that same combat system throughout the entire series.

As far as the story goes
Putting the story into the database is an excuse for lazy development and is irrelevant the story backgrounds have been in the game play itself letting the players always know what's going on. There is no proof the kid is you nor is there anything that references it. They just threw you back into a past memory with no guidelines or information about anything that is going on. No one has any idea what's going on. There is no player that plays this game that is going to tell me they know what's going on with just this part of the game. Knowing what's going on AFTER the fact has no bearing on this, as a player you're supposed to know what's going on when you arrive at that point.

As far as the database goes, ONLY the highlights are what's supposed to be in the database, and not an entire background and story and again there is no mention of this to the player so telling me all the information is in there is ********.

Hasn't been like this in any other AC game and the fact that it was done to this the combat and the story means this is not an assassin's creed game.

Saying this is an Assassin's Creed game is exactly like saying Sacred 3 is a Sacred game.

Players that like new things don't seem to get the importance of not disrupting staple things that make a game series what it is.

This game fails to deliver in an Assassin's Creed game in some of the most important aspects, and gamers that like new things simply don't get it.

I actually feel that this game returns us back to the roots of Assassin's Creed and improves upon a lot of things, including the combat, parkour, and story.

doughy12
11-13-2014, 11:47 PM
I actually feel that this game returns us back to the roots of Assassin's Creed and improves upon a lot of things, including the combat, parkour, and story.
Except there is no connection points between the memories and the reasoning behind those memories. That is not what you call improving on story in the slightest.

I want to see a video of someone in UNITY taking on a crowd of enemies in the same way it was done in AC: IV then and only then can you seriously say, that combat is IMPROVED. The combat in Unity is a major step backwards from the Assassin's Creed Series

dbgager
11-14-2014, 12:07 AM
So don't play it anymore doughy..Personally I will be playing it a lot. If its not your cup of tea..So be it. You can't make everybody happy. But if you think they are going to completelly change the combat system for you...and rewrite the entire script. Good luck with that. It is what it is.

Razrback16
11-14-2014, 12:11 AM
Agree with the OP on a number of things in this thread.

* The combat system is AWFUL. I am constantly engaged with multiple enemies and can only see one or two of them and can't see the guys behind me who are aiming a pistol at me so I end up getting shot without even being able to see the aiming reticule to know when to dodge.
* They deleted the human shields which was just epically stupid. That's what made it possible to keep combat fun and interesting as time moved forward into an era with firearms
* The story definitely is very lazy and thrown together in a hodge podge of junk.
* There is essentially no present-day story which ruins any bit of anchoring that you would have had - this circles back to AC3 when they killed off Desmond, who was the constant anchor for the story. Ubisoft has just made some REALLY bad moves in the direction of the series. I thought things were heading back in a good direction after AC4, but I was wrong.

Thankfully AC Rogue still uses the AC4 rendering and combat engine so at least I have that to look forward to in the spring.

similarly
11-14-2014, 12:47 AM
I agree and disagree with the OP. WARNING: SPOILERS!!!!!

1. In combat, I like the fact that the combat relies more on parry and dodge than previous games, and that it feels a bit more strategic and a little less button-mashy that AC3 or AC4. I haven't had any trouble attacking one guy and then parrying an attack from another guy. HOWEVER, the camera controls ARE (imo) a bit of a mess. A few times I've gotten backed into a corner and couldn't see Arno and couldn't see who was attacking. It was just a big blurry mess of jumbled bodies crowding the screen.

2. As for the story, I had no trouble following the story. I suppose it's because I assumed it would be explained later. The first part was setting up (very WELL imo) the goal of the game: secure the sword and book. The child sequence was to set up the personal motivations for the character: his inability to follow directions directly led to the death of his father. The third part builds onto this, showing that as a young man, he is STILL irresponsible and unwilling to take responsibility for his mistakes. His immaturity and selfishness directly leads to the death of his adopted father. As well, it creates dramatic tension with the love interest by establishing love and conflict.

So I felt that the beginning very clearly set up the story.

jeffies04
11-14-2014, 12:58 AM
You didn't play AC 4 then because the combat in UNITY is nothing like AC IV you're delusional to even think that.

Pay attention to what. You go from tackling a thief into a memory of playing a kid without any explanation as to why this is happening, there is no introductions to any characters and their background.

If I enter a memory of a kid then I expect a basic reason on what's going on, who I am, why I'm playing this particular character when I arrive or at least before I enter that memory and then build off that from inside the memory. WHICH IT FAILED ON ALL ENDS TO DO ANY OF THAT..so I still have absolutely no idea who that kid is, why I played them, what I was doing there or anything. None of that information is present anywhere.

I'm just going to wait until dragon age inquisition comes out and hope that game is put together correctly.

It makes more sense as you play.

Game of Thrones/Song of Ice and Fire books are the same way. The history is told through the ongoing story.

Tanyn
11-14-2014, 01:27 AM

Yep, you lost me right there. You're clearly one of the ones that wants combat to remain a face-rolling yawnfest, and I just can't support that mentality. Combat is finally a CHALLENGE, for the first time in this series, and it feels effing fantastic. If a challenge is all it takes to push you away from the series, then I can't say I'm sorry to see you go. If it were up to people with that mindset, we'd basically just have an "I Win" button on the main damned menu. No thanks, I actually like to feel a sense of accomplishment in my games, being able to one-button-annihilate 100 guards? ... That's not how you achieve that feeling.

Frektard
11-14-2014, 03:25 AM

It's not hard to understand if you followed any of the other Assassins Creed game which apparently you didn't. Abstergo sold the animus as a VR machine, therefore the guy you're playing as in RL is getting a little taste of it(when you play as kid Arno) I believe it even says at the start something about a demo. That's when what's her face hacks into his animus and tells him all about the Templars and Assassins she gives him a choice to help out the assassins(when you click the play button). From there you play as Arno the assassin and try to help find the sage and blah blah blah. Not hard to understand.

Frektard
11-14-2014, 03:34 AM

SPOILERS

Your IQ must be really low cause the kid is Arno, not hard to get since they say his name multiple times at the start... His dad died because he was an assassin so a templar or another assassin got to him, it's unknown. You meet his adoptive father, later find out he's a Templar...None of this is hard to understand your IQ is just to low to grasp it.

doughy12
11-14-2014, 03:39 AM
So far all the people saying the story is fine has yet to provided any reasoning behind bouncing around without any form of connection between the memories or what's going on. Then trying to use the excuse of it all makes sense later..That's not how story lines work..All stories will always connect the obscure parts together with something making them relevant to each other and then reveal the entire thing later on.

Every single person making replies that they know what's going on are using AFTER THE FACT KNOWLEDGE and then saying it's fine. You cannot do that when it comes to this.

In this THERE IS NOTHING CONNECTING THE THIEF and artifacts TO THE KID FOLLOWING THE GIRL..You're bounced around without any point

If you all think that's good story and are following it just fine then you're either delusional, a liar, or both.

JAC072
11-14-2014, 04:06 AM
Yep, you lost me right there. You're clearly one of the ones that wants combat to remain a face-rolling yawnfest, and I just can't support that mentality. Combat is finally a CHALLENGE, for the first time in this series, and it feels effing fantastic. If a challenge is all it takes to push you away from the series, then I can't say I'm sorry to see you go. If it were up to people with that mindset, we'd basically just have an "I Win" button on the main damned menu. No thanks, I actually like to feel a sense of accomplishment in my games, being able to one-button-annihilate 100 guards? ... That's not how you achieve that feeling.

[SPOILER ALERT] [SPOILER ALERT] [SPOILER ALERT]

I do not think the combat is as much of a challenge as you say it is. You only get killed if you are over run, and this can happen easily within a couple of seconds because you can't look around since the camera won't pan to different directions. I can get killed easily also from behind if an enemy is completely out of sight and in a second does a move that kills me. As an assassin you are, or should be trained to be aware of your surroundings at all times. Even during a fight.

Not being able to notice what is happening at different angles because there are enemies completely out of line of sight and which are in melee range is a detriment to being able to counter effectively when being attacked by multiple enemies. There are even times when the camera is at an angle that you can't see that well even who is right in front of you and you can't change the pan of the camera. Heck, I have been in fights where walls were blocking my view and wasn't sure what was going on exactly.

There is also way too much repetition, the combat is not as smooth as it was in other AC games such as ACIII and Black Flag. There are times that countering doesn't even work even when I am clicking on time to counter an attack that is not a strong attack. Not to mention that if you are hit by one strong attack it can knock you in a way that you can't counter at all the next 2 strong attacks the enemy does in succession which will most likely kill you. There is no implementation of riposte moves, or any good multiple combos as we had in other AC games.

The combat system is on overall lacking depth and it's lacking flexibility as you are confined to only doing 2 things, either parry or roll. There are no counter moves as all you can do to attack is click the left mouse button repeatedly. You can't even use mobs to cover yourself when snipers are shooting at you, and you can only grab an opponent if he has his back on you.

Then there is the fact that there is only a slight possibility that you will grab your opponent since to do this you also use the left mouse button which also gives you a possibility of using the hidden blade. There is no choice for you to make. In other AC games you could choose on how to kill silently your opponents, but on this game the choice is taken away from you.

Then there is also the fact that you can't pick up enemy weapons to use against them. You can't even pick up enemy rifles.

I was expecting a lot more from this game. They concentrated too much on the high end pc users and on graphics when they should have looked for a more balanced game implementing graphics a bit better than ACIII and Black Flag but with a combat system as good or better than ACIII and Black Flag. Which this game fails to do.

Drummerboy1962
11-14-2014, 04:15 AM
So far all the people saying the story is fine has yet to provided any reasoning behind bouncing around without any form of connection between the memories or what's going on. Then trying to use the excuse of it all makes sense later..That's not how story lines work..All stories will always connect the obscure parts together with something making them relevant to each other and then reveal the entire thing later on.

Every single person making replies that they know what's going on are using AFTER THE FACT KNOWLEDGE and then saying it's fine. You cannot do that when it comes to this.

In this THERE IS NOTHING CONNECTING THE THIEF and artifacts TO THE KID FOLLOWING THE GIRL..You're bounced around without any point

If you all think that's good story and are following it just fine then you're either delusional, a liar, or both.Please go here for anger management.

https://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=2560&bih=1432&q=babies+dummies&oq=babies+dummies&gs_l=img.3..0l3j0i5j0i24l4.1960.6101.0.7446.14.13. 0.1.1.0.217.2372.0j7j5.12.0....0...1ac.1.58.img..1 .13.2373.MMjgjBsVzEI

USAdystopia
11-14-2014, 05:45 AM
Doughy, how can you say you've played the game when you spend all your time HERE...being "wordy"??

doughy12
11-14-2014, 05:51 AM
Doughy, how can you say you've played the game when you spend all your time HERE...being "wordy"??

I never said anywhere once that I played through the game so I don't know where you got that from. But I was very clear about how long I played and that I was going off my time playing which was more than enough for me to post about what I'm posting about.

USAdystopia
11-14-2014, 06:38 AM
Why are you staying here, then? We get the point that you don't like the game. Why are you playing at being a "reviewer" when you are very amateurish and trollish in your attitude? Perhaps you don't know how to properly configure your components or don't even have the proper equipment. The game is good. Plays great for me. Looks really good and I get a good frame rate. Why don't you? Why are you trying to sewer other readers about the game? If you don't like it...go back to playing World of Warcraft or something.

doughy12
11-14-2014, 06:45 AM
Why are you staying here, then? We get the point that you don't like the game. Why are you playing at being a "reviewer" when you are very amateurish and trollish in your attitude? Perhaps you don't know how to properly configure your components or don't even have the proper equipment. The game is good. Plays great for me. Looks really good and I get a good frame rate. Why don't you? Why are you trying to sewer other readers about the game? If you don't like it...go back to playing World of Warcraft or something.
WTF are you going on about. Your reply has absolutely nothing to do with or related to anything I brought up.

Frektard
11-14-2014, 07:22 AM

If you all think that's good story and are following it just fine then you're either delusional, a liar, or both.

I feel really bad for you, you obviously don't even care about the story and don't pay attention to it and yet decide to post your BS on the forums. No one is going to sit here and hold your hand and explain the entire story line to you. You keep on saying "the kid" and "the girl" the kid is ARNO the girl is ELISE this isn't hard to get I don't know what your problem is. Arno's dad died, Elise' father (whatever his name was) took him in. It then jumps to the future when he's older bam there's the whole start of the story line. Maybe you're having problems understanding why Arno followed Elise as a child at the very start, I'm not sure on that one, they're kids, maybe their fathers knew each other which is probably the case since Elise' dad knew his name right off the bat but that doesn't really matter, all that matters is they met and Arno wasn't thrown out on the street.

doughy12
11-14-2014, 07:27 AM
i feel really bad for you, you obviously don't even care about the story and don't pay attention to it and yet decide to post your bs on the forums
What story!

Tanyn
11-14-2014, 07:41 AM
What story!

That's kind of exactly the point that everyone else is making, and has made, a half dozen times over. You're not listening to them any more than you're paying attention to the story provided by the game. You're all hung up the "links" between scenes ... yet Assassin's Creed has NEVER done that in the way you desperately moan about. You're digging through the past, through someone else's memories ... in doing so, time periods get skipped, and there are plenty of days/weeks/months/years of the protagonist's life that you do not personally experience. (Ezio's story, in AC2, spanned something like 10-15 years I believe?)

Everything you've addressed is explained in the game. Rebecca taps into your animus connection and explains what is going on, giving you all relevant information prior to, and during your exploration of Arno's story. You simply refuse to see it.

eternalsoul201
11-14-2014, 07:46 AM
Read the database..It gives you all the background you will ever need for every single character in the game. As far as being a kid the women who talked to you before that sequence told you what was going on. She told you to decide for yourself. If your lost to as why you are in that scene you should have paid attention to the cutscene. The kid is you by the way ( Arno)..The story develops as you play the game. There not going to give you all the answers at the beginning of the game. As far as your first comment I see nothing wrong with the combat.. If you want to disengage from combat just go into free run mode. I have no problem hitting multiple enemies however. You have a dodge button also if your being attacked from multiple directions.

while your fighting 4 or 5 enemies and the camera zooms in the enemies are hitting you and and there not even on the screen you can't see them to block or dodge them so how is it that there is nothing wrong with it, your just not a gamer dude to not even notice, you probably died a million times thinking why,,.and the story is lame dude. just like the controls you gotta use two thumbs to steer. how many games have controls like that besides Assassin's creed's none you know why because its stupid. read this

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/949757-B-The-camera-should-be-locked-behind-the-player-B

Drummerboy1962
11-14-2014, 07:54 AM
Why are you staying here, then? We get the point that you don't like the game. Why are you playing at being a "reviewer" when you are very amateurish and trollish in your attitude? Perhaps you don't know how to properly configure your components or don't even have the proper equipment. The game is good. Plays great for me. Looks really good and I get a good frame rate. Why don't you? Why are you trying to sewer other readers about the game? If you don't like it...go back to playing World of Warcraft or something. Yea but Doughy12 is the man and knows everything. Just ask him he'll tell ya:D Doughy Doughy Doughy go here mate and chill out.
https://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=2560&bih=1475&q=baby+dolls&oq=baby+dolls&gs_l=img.3..0l10.7405.10616.0.12627.10.10.0.0.0.0. 369.2433.2-8j1.9.0....0...1ac.1.58.img..1.9.2417.HyHTZXijWfs

Tanyn
11-14-2014, 07:55 AM
while your fighting 4 or 5 enemies and the camera zooms in the enemies are hitting you and and there not even on the screen you can't see them to block or dodge them so how is it that there is nothing wrong with it, your just not a gamer dude to not even notice, you probably died a million times thinking why,,.and the story is lame dude. just like the controls you gotta use two thumbs to steer. how many games have controls like that besides Assassin's creed's none you know why because its stupid. read this

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/949757-B-The-camera-should-be-locked-behind-the-player-B

Oh let's see ... Watch_Dogs, Grand Theft Auto (pick one), Shadow of Mordor, Dead Space (pick one), Mass Effect (pick one) ... shall I continue? All of these games require two thumbs to steer ... one to move the character, the other to move the camera ... Where do you people dig up these "facts" when you're trying to make a point? Is there some place where I can pull up the "emotionally charged, erroneous information" rolodex? Just curious.

eternalsoul201
11-14-2014, 08:05 AM
I feel really bad for you, you obviously don't even care about the story and don't pay attention to it and yet decide to post your BS on the forums. No one is going to sit here and hold your hand and explain the entire story line to you. You keep on saying "the kid" and "the girl" the kid is ARNO the girl is ELISE this isn't hard to get I don't know what your problem is. Arno's dad died, Elise' father (whatever his name was) took him in. It then jumps to the future when he's older bam there's the whole start of the story line. Maybe you're having problems understanding why Arno followed Elise as a child at the very start, I'm not sure on that one, they're kids, maybe their fathers knew each other which is probably the case since Elise' dad knew his name right off the bat but that doesn't really matter, all that matters is they met and Arno wasn't thrown out on the street.

you know what I didn't like about the story it was thrown together too fast, and really not that interesting I got a quick story for them, say arno was shipwrecked(family died in the wreck) washed up on the shore left for dead,assassins found him took him in trained him,and that's where you come in an assassin in training. way better than Ubisucks story by far.oh and lets not forget the night I got drunk staggering out of the tavern and bumped into Elise where we met for the first time.

Tanyn
11-14-2014, 08:16 AM
you know what I didn't like about the story it was thrown together too fast, and really not that interesting I got a quick story for them, say arno was shipwrecked(family died in the wreck) washed up on the shore left for dead,assassins found him took him in trained him,and that's where you come in an assassin in training. way better than Ubisucks story by far.oh and lets not forget the night I got drunk staggering out of the tavern and bumped into Elise where we met for the first time.

That story alone can be considered to be "thrown together too fast" as well. Arno was shipwrecked. Why? Was he attacked? Or did they pull a Titanic? What was he doing on the ship in the first place?

Assassins found him and just up and decided to take him in? What for? Assassins don't generally go on open recruiting drives, they usually only recruit those that are A) already sympathetic to their cause, or B) the victim of some sort of oppression, as that's what they fight against. Finding some random guy washed up on the shore wouldn't be enough motivation for the Assassin's to just say "Hey, let's pull him in."

Also, stumbling out of the bar drunk and meeting a woman ... take it from someone whose actually done that a dozen plus times ... that is NOT the beginning of a long-lasting love story ... ever.

eternalsoul201
11-14-2014, 08:31 AM
Oh let's see ... Watch_Dogs, Grand Theft Auto (pick one), Shadow of Mordor, Dead Space (pick one), Mass Effect (pick one) ... shall I continue? All of these games require two thumbs to steer ... one to move the character, the other to move the camera ... Where do you people dig up these "facts" when you're trying to make a point? Is there some place where I can pull up the "emotionally charged, erroneous information" rolodex? Just curious.

and that's just a handful of games, you know there are millions of games right.there has never been an issue with controls in most games i'm talking hundreds of thousands,you shouldn't have to use two sticks to control the player its ridiculous and unnecessary and you also have less reaction time to hit buttons,cause you use your thumb to hit buttons too.your just not a gamer dude. that's why you don't know,
and all those games play better using the mouse and keyboard di*kface just because the new games are using that kind of control configuration doesn't make it better.they did it like that so all you fat kids get the exercise that you need, I mean all the kids do today is play games in front of the screen.so my well sit around twiddling your thumbs, don't be an idiot the rest of your life please

wouldn't it be easier to hold a button down to run and control the player with the stick, and the camera stay behind the player locked.

like the millions of other games came to the same conclusion, it makes sense.

Tanyn
11-14-2014, 08:40 AM
and that's just a handful of games, you know there are millions of games right.there has never been an issue with controls in most games i'm talking hundreds of thousands,you shouldn't have to use two sticks to control the player its ridiculous and unnecessary and you also have less reaction time to hit buttons,cause you use your thumb to hit buttons too.your just not a gamer dude. that's why you don't know,
and all those games play better using the mouse and keyboard di*kface just because the new games are using that kind of control configuration doesn't make it better.they did it like that so all you fat kids get the exercise that you need, I mean all the kids do today is play games in front of the screen.so my well sit around twiddling your thumbs, don't be an idiot the rest of your life please

wouldn't it be easier to hold a button down to run and control the player with the stick, and the camera stay behind the player locked.

like the millions of other games came to the same conclusion, it makes sense.

I'm going to readily assume that I've been gaming since before you were born. Also, that's why I don't know what? That you are apparently having an insurmountable level of difficulty with a control scheme that is used on plenty of titles, and is, quite frankly, not difficult? (I only listed a few, and the numbers YOU list are completely exaggerated). The control scheme has been around, and in use for nearly two decades, it's easy ... I'm sorry that you suck at it.

eternalsoul201
11-14-2014, 08:43 AM
That story alone can be considered to be "thrown together too fast" as well. Arno was shipwrecked. Why? Was he attacked? Or did they pull a Titanic? What was he doing on the ship in the first place?

Assassins found him and just up and decided to take him in? What for? Assassins don't generally go on open recruiting drives, they usually only recruit those that are A) already sympathetic to their cause, or B) the victim of some sort of oppression, as that's what they fight against. Finding some random guy washed up on the shore wouldn't be enough motivation for the Assassin's to just say "Hey, let's pull him in."

Also, stumbling out of the bar drunk and meeting a woman ... take it from someone whose actually done that a dozen plus times ... that is NOT the beginning of a long-lasting love story ... ever.

well if you have any kind of imagination you could at least figure something out yourself, I was throwing out headers basically telling you about the story in as few words as possible not that that is the whole story, are you just playing cause I don't think there is anybody on earth as dumb as your being. stop what your doing right now and go tell your mommy that you need to go see a doctor right now.

Tanyn
11-14-2014, 08:46 AM
well if you have any kind of imagination you could at least figure something out yourself, I was throwing out headers basically telling you about the story in as few words as possible not that that is the whole story, are you just playing cause I don't think there is anybody on earth as dumb as your being. stop what your doing right now and go tell your mommy that you need to go see a doctor right now.

Lol, this. You know who says this? Teenagers. (Children)... good luck in life, kid, that attitude will take you far.

eternalsoul201
11-14-2014, 08:54 AM

ok say theres 4 or 5 enemies after you beat one the player turns himself to another enemy and if you don't reposition the camera some of the enemies will be off screen hitting you, and its kind of ridiculous cause your thumb has to be on the buttons and on the right stick all of the time.

Frektard
11-14-2014, 09:01 AM
ok say theres 4 or 5 enemies after you beat one the player turns himself to another enemy and if you don't reposition the camera some of the enemies will be off screen hitting you, and its kind of ridiculous cause your thumb has to be on the buttons and on the right stick all of the time.

No offence but I hate these reasoning's, if you're playing with a controller go to the Xbox or PS forums not PC.

eternalsoul201
11-14-2014, 09:16 AM

no what we want is to see who were fighting, when your fighting groups of enemies the player will turn to an enemy himself and if the camera is not in a good position some of the enemies that are hitting you are off screen, the freecam makes everything harder, your thumb can't be on the right stick and the button at the same time, you are the biggest idiot if ever there was one..what do you work for Ubisuck that would explain your idiocracy..the game is unfinished, point fu*king blank..i can go no further there is a glitch in sequence 6 the fight with bellec a lot of people are having this same issue. so fu*k the love of your life AS:U Bit*H

eternalsoul201
11-14-2014, 09:37 AM
I'm going to readily assume that I've been gaming since before you were born. Also, that's why I don't know what? That you are apparently having an insurmountable level of difficulty with a control scheme that is used on plenty of titles, and is, quite frankly, not difficult? (I only listed a few, and the numbers YOU list are completely exaggerated). The control scheme has been around, and in use for nearly two decades, it's easy ... I'm sorry that you suck at it.

like I said before it doesn't make it better there are lots of game that have a freecam using the RT trigger there's nothing wrong with that, look face the facts cause your moving toooo slow your right thumb shouldn't be used for a stick when you need to use it for buttons, its just plain wrong and unnecessary...why would you need a freecam as a stick...you don't. you only need a freecam to see your surroundings I use it a lot when im standing still, but you don't need it while your running you fu*king imbucile..anybody reading your post and comments are getting stupider by the minute, cause your a fu*king retart

don't assume sh*t b*tch

fenris19892
11-15-2014, 12:50 AM

I have yet to see an assassins creed that drip feeds info,as of late it has started with flashback through the eyes of an enemy or a flashback of the main character,your task is following the details and connecting the dots,if ya don't like this type of gameplay than assassins creed is not for you.Assassins creed is not meant to be simple it is meant to raise questions,oh and we cant reveal plot :P what good would it do?If ya didnt even get past the first segment you haven''t given the story a proper chance to metastasize and therefore I'm sorry your judgement is null and void.