PDA

View Full Version : AC Rouge a disappointment?

xInfernoGhostx
11-13-2014, 02:35 PM
Does anybody else find AC Rouge a disappointment? I kept my 360 so I could get rouge for it. Knowing it was about killing the assassins and not the templars I didn't like the idea of it, but like every war or battle there are two sides so I told myself to try it out anyways. Honestly though it seems like this game was meant to put the assassins down, even the the creator explained in an article that he wanted to show that it wasn't just good versus evil but that's what I'm getting out of this game so far just the opposite from what normal assassins creed games are. Another thing that got me, why does shay leave the brotherhood? He said that the betrbetrayed him but in fact he was the one betraying. Just because they sent you to collect a piece of eden and it happened to destroy a city doesn't mean anything because either way it was the assassins doing it or the templars, right? So he has a bright idea of sstealing from his brothers and when they ask him to return it he pretty much shoots them the middle finger, so they decide to shoot him. How is that them betraying him? Could you really say your best friend betrayed you if he shoots you for sleeping with his wife? Doesn't make sense right? I don't know, I'm just confused as to why they made this game. If they really wanted to do a whole templar game why not give it it's own name and not disgrace the assassins title. So could anyone could explain this to me or voice their opinions about this subject that would be great and thanks in advanced.

ze_topazio
11-13-2014, 02:41 PM
I don't know about Rouge but I heard Rogue is pretty good, I haven't played it myself so I can't give an opinion yet.

RzaRecta357
11-13-2014, 03:10 PM
I don't see why everyone keeps saying the assassins are so evil. They don't want the templars to get pieces of eden and they go that far. Shay made it sound like he was taking the damn stuff to the templars straight up and deserved to be shot in the back.

xInfernoGhostx
11-13-2014, 04:15 PM
I say the same thing RzaRecta357. I will always be on the side of the assassins, not because I'm close minded but because the way they get things done. There's a quote that best fits the assassins "Am I a good person doing bad things, or a bad person doing good things." Though the assassins tend to kill, they only kill templars. I have not heard of a kill that was an innocent since Altair from assassins creed. Where as the templars would be willing to kill anyone standing in their way, assassins or not.

dbzk1999
11-13-2014, 04:24 PM
I say the same thing RzaRecta357. I will always be on the side of the assassins, not because I'm close minded but because the way they get things done. There's a quote that best fits the assassins "Am I a good person doing bad things, or a bad person doing good things." Though the assassins tend to kill, they only kill templars. I have not heard of a kill that was an innocent since Altair from assassins creed. Where as the templars would be willing to kill anyone standing in their way, assassins or not.

Just ignore the civilians killed in cappadocia because of ezio, or one of the apprentices missions where the end up killing an innocent

xInfernoGhostx
11-13-2014, 07:10 PM
[QUOTE=dbzk1999;10332755]Just ignore the civilians killed in cappadocia because of ezio, or one of the apprentices missions where the end up killing an innocent[/QUOTE

My mind was a little blurry on the subject of Cappadocia so i did do a little research, and here is what i found.ct as well. The link is to another forum on here with people talking about the subject as well and though their thoughts may be a little biased they do make sense. As for your comment of the apprentice doing a mission where he kills an innocent Sometimes people make mistakes. nobody is perfect as described with Altair killing an innocent in the first game and that's where people learn. As for your cappadocia comment i'm not going to say what ezio did was right or even try to justify it but lets be honest here. if we count up the innocent lives lost between the assassins and the templars who's list do you think would be longer?

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/367877-ezio-auditore-mass-murderer-*spoilers*-forums

xInfernoGhostx
11-13-2014, 11:51 PM
Just ignore the civilians killed in cappadocia because of ezio, or one of the apprentices missions where the end up killing an innocent

Oh and one more thing. As I'm playing roguess I noticed that as a templar as shay I was able to kill as many civilians as I want. Whereas an assassin you were allotted two civilians before being desynchronized.

JustPlainQuirky
11-14-2014, 03:49 PM
I just beat Rogue and even tho it wreaks of cheap, shortly developed game, the narrative SAVES it.

God it's so good.

And it might just be a favorite installment of mine. (i have to play the sidemissions before I decide that)

Charles_Phipps
11-14-2014, 04:34 PM
I just beat Rogue and even tho it wreaks of cheap, shortly developed game, the narrative SAVES it.

God it's so good.

And it might just be a favorite installment of mine. (i have to play the sidemissions before I decide that)

The irony is that AC:Rogue appears to be getting almost universally positive reviews. It reuses a CRAPTON of stuff from previous games but, this is Assassin's Creed so that's like complaining Link saves Zelda. People are basically being very hard on Unity for all of its shortcomings, (uninspiring protagonist, glitches, bad history, and so on) but everyone has said Rogue is pretty awesome.

It feels like the REAL Assassin's Creed 5.

Hell, it even carries over the narrative from 4.

JustPlainQuirky
11-14-2014, 04:36 PM
AC Rogue is like Majora's Mask.

It's recycled as hell, but the story is so good and immersive you don't even notice.

Charles_Phipps
11-14-2014, 04:40 PM
Does anybody else find AC Rouge a disappointment? I kept my 360 so I could get rouge for it. Knowing it was about killing the assassins and not the templars I didn't like the idea of it, but like every war or battle there are two sides so I told myself to try it out anyways. Honestly though it seems like this game was meant to put the assassins down, even the the creator explained in an article that he wanted to show that it wasn't just good versus evil but that's what I'm getting out of this game so far just the opposite from what normal assassins creed games are.

I think it's interesting to see someone call the Assassin's on all of their ideology from the perspective of someone who doesn't really accept their line of reasoning. The Assassins are no different from the ones we know but it's interesting to get into the head of someone who isn't buying what they're selling.

Shay is that guy, even if Achilles and Adewale are the guys selling it.

Another thing that got me, why does shay leave the brotherhood? He said that the betrbetrayed him but in fact he was the one betraying. Just because they sent you to collect a piece of eden and it happened to destroy a city doesn't mean anything because either way it was the assassins doing it or the templars, right?

I think Shay is looking at it from the perspective the Assassins are blind to the collateral damage of the war they're fighting. The Lisbon Earthquake was a massive-massive disaster, on par with some of the biggest natural disasters of all time for humanity. The fact not only did Achilles brush off their responsibility but ignored this was the SECOND Earthquake made the Assassin order guilty of the biggest act of manslaughter of all time.

It wasn't so much they were guilty that the Assassins just ignored they were at fault. As far as they were concerned, their idealogy meant none of those deaths mattered. Shay also met some nice Templars, too, which didn't matter because the Assassins kill any and all Templars regardless of whether they're good or evil or this has collateral damage. Like with Connor killing all those people who could have made sure Native americans kept SOME land or made an early treaty with the British.

Shay couldn't trust ANYTHING out of their mouths from that point on. He realized they were blind fanatics. Awesome cool stabby blind fanatics but blind.

They had forgotten "Nothing is true" because they believed the creed was true over everything else.

So he has a bright idea of sstealing from his brothers and when they ask him to return it he pretty much shoots them the middle finger, so they decide to shoot him. How is that them betraying him? Could you really say your best friend betrayed you if he shoots you for sleeping with his wife? Doesn't make sense right? I don't know, I'm just confused as to why they made this game. If they really wanted to do a whole templar game why not give it it's own name and not disgrace the assassins title. So could anyone could explain this to me or voice their opinions about this subject that would be great and thanks in advanced.

Shay isn't a nice person but he's showing the idea of "results over idealism."

The Assassins ignored 100,000 people dying because their ideals wouldn't let them back down from stopping the Templars.

On Shay's account, the results are more important.

Which is preventing another disaster like that from ever occurring.