PDA

View Full Version : UNITY ISSUE: Attack stance-->auto unsheathed??

CouchebushWookie
11-13-2014, 10:01 AM
This is a unity issue...

So at first I didn't know what to think but it bothering me more and more I see it. A guard will become alerted or draw his weapon, my guy Arno feels the need to immediately unsheath his weapon. The game doesn't need to do this for the player!! Despite the scenerios if u become spotted or perceived as a enemy your character will just give their position, draw weapons and GIVE AWAY THE FACT YOUR A ASSASSIN!!

Prime example of this flaw, mind you this is the feature that drew me in, especially since it's a splinter cell feature. But when spotted a sillouette will appear, STATING THE LAST KNOWN POSITION THE ENEMY SAW YOU! This part is important to see, ITS THE LAST KNOWN LOCATION WHERE GAURD WILL LOOK FOU YOU!

But for sum ***ing reason when I throw smoke down to evade guards and the feature enables, my character still STAYS IN A FIGHTING STANCE AND I CANT SHEATH MY WEAPON!!! Wtf this pisses me off as I can't use my hidden blade!! So instead I literally have to beat the **** out of the three or so guards with my LOUD WEAPON THAT TAKES A WHOLE 2 MIN TO KILL THEM ALL. Worst of all, this timing instead being spent on JUST STABBING THE AWARE GAURD HAS BE SPENT FIGHTING OFF ALL NEARBY GAURDS!!

Vaard
11-13-2014, 03:42 PM
I agree. Also, not being able to use your hidden blade as your primary weapon takes away some of the immersion for me.

JAC072
11-14-2014, 02:54 AM
Add to that the fact there are only very few types of attacks you can do in combat in Unity, and you can't do multiple finishing combos at all. The combat in this game seems to have been added as an after thought. I still think that ACIII and Black Flag had better combat by a factor of 10 than this game. I am really disappointed. Was expecting a lot more and for this game to at least be as good as ACIII and Black Flag.

The only thing that is a plus in this game is the fact that you can sneak at any time, and the phantom blade, but that's it. I also noted that the city is too over crowded. Yes, France was overcrowded back then but not as it is depicted in the game. If they had implemented only half the amount of npcs they added to the game it would not only be a bit more realistic, but it would have cut down lag a lot and might have even fixed the stuttering that even Nvidia users are having.

This game was put together in a hurry and lots of mistakes and mishaps were made in the process. I am disappointed Ubisoft, very disappointed.

The_D0lph1n
11-14-2014, 04:53 AM
Unity combat is more like AC2 combat. Enemies use a health-based system, combos are gone, and combat in general is more difficult. I know a lot of people say Assassin's Creed 2 was the best game in the series and I feel Unity plays a lot more like AC2 than it did AC3 or 4. While I agree that the combat system is a lot smoother in 3 and 4, I feel it made you too much of an armed bada** and marginalized stealth by making combat too easy. Now that combat is harder and clunkier, you need to be more stealthy because combat won't pay the dividends it did in 3 and 4.

As for losing the hidden blade as a melee weapon, while I feel it takes away some of the flash of the combat (the hidden blade counter/combo kills had the best animations), it makes sense from a lore perspective. The closer you get to the present, the less useful the hidden blade becomes. By the late 18th century, a short blade barely longer than your hand won't be very effective in combat against opponents who all carry guns. Also, from the cutscenes I don't think the hidden blade has a bracer anymore so you can't block attacks with it. I think the restriction of the hidden blade to an assassination weapon makes sense. But at the same time, it would be cool if it returned to do the same thing it did in the first game: you cannot block with it but if you could parry an attack you can do a lethal counter-kill with it.

As for the fighting stance issue, try running and then trying to sheath the weapon. But I think you shouldn't have to unsheath your weapon upon open conflict, but only if the enemy closes within a certain range.

CouchebushWookie
11-16-2014, 08:49 PM
Dolphin

The major issue, hence why I've written this forum is due to this simple fact. When the GAURDS engage you and draw their weapons, YOUR CHAR AUTOMATICALLY UNSHEATHS HIS WEAPON!!

REGARDLESS OF THE DESIGNATED BUTTON!!!

How is this okay? It automatically assumes that I want to blow my cover and once this happens , the camera focuses automatically too, on the enemy and prevents you from sheathing your weapon.

I KNOW, I can run but that's NOT the point.

Dolphin you don't mention anything about how the silhouette system? I hope you didn't just rush through the game.