PDA

View Full Version : Game could have a memory leak

dbgager
11-13-2014, 07:36 AM
Played for several hours today. The game ran pretty smooth have not noticed any slowdowns or stutters at all. Then I got to the part where you escape from the prison and jump out the window into a gigantic battle outside. The game was stuttering like crazy.Could not even run effectively it was stuttering so badly. Well i quit the game started it back up again replayed the segment..smooth as a babies behind. No problems whasoever. Classic symptoms of a memory leak somewhere. I don't know maybe my computer was doing something in the background although I doubt it since I am not running Unity in a window, Although I have 16 GB of memory. It would take a heck of a memory leak to use all the memory. I know its nothing to do with heat because my GPU only got up to 64c and my CPU 58c...

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
11-13-2014, 07:53 AM
Yeah, sounds like a memory leak.

mcketten
11-13-2014, 08:05 AM
Agreed, have noticed overall decreased performance as time passes when playing the game. Restarting the game often fixes it - restarting the computer definitely fixes it.

ztitchez
12-08-2014, 12:21 PM
in my experience the game was mostly fine up until the prison, after that everything started going awol.... no matter how many times i restart the pc...

ztitchez
12-08-2014, 07:18 PM
in my experience the game was mostly fine up until the prison, after that everything started going awol.... no matter how many times i restart the pc...

Ok so i opened my my gpu tweak on my second monitor to see what is happening when the game freaks out and i found that the voltage that gets sent to the graphics card drops drastically every time a major spike takes place... this leads me to believe that the game is not utilizing our graphics cards properly

Jokah.D
12-11-2015, 03:46 AM
Played for several hours today. The game ran pretty smooth have not noticed any slowdowns or stutters at all. Then I got to the part where you escape from the prison and jump out the window into a gigantic battle outside. The game was stuttering like crazy.Could not even run effectively it was stuttering so badly. Well i quit the game started it back up again replayed the segment..smooth as a babies behind. No problems whasoever. Classic symptoms of a memory leak somewhere. I don't know maybe my computer was doing something in the background although I doubt it since I am not running Unity in a window, Although I have 16 GB of memory. It would take a heck of a memory leak to use all the memory. I know its nothing to do with heat because my GPU only got up to 64c and my CPU 58c...

I've noticed it too and every time it happens, I notice the game is synchronising with Uplay servers. Could this be the issue or coincidence?
Whatevver it is, Ubisoft have been in this game long enough to know better so all in all I am very disappointed.
It always happens at crucial moments and spoils the whole experience. You have to restart the game and redo the mission but you already know most of what's going to happen having just endured a load of it in slow motion which takes the mission out of the 'role play thrill' we paid for and throws it into the 'clearing up odds and ends [yawn!]'
Maybe they don't think the game invokes enough adrenalin and made a conscious decision to boost that by annoying the hell out of us.

The Assassin's Creed series is an awesome story with beautiful graphics etc. but do us a favour Ubisoft, sell it to a company that knows what they're doing.

Frag_Maniac
12-11-2015, 04:26 AM
I've noticed it too and every time it happens, I notice the game is synchronising with Uplay servers.

I was just saying in another thread that Uplay is still very much a work in progress. Some people act like buying it exclusively on Uplay is preferred by most, but I've seen threads on Steam asking if Uplay is still a hassle, because most know Steam isn't.

Had I not owned the Steam version of Black Flag Gold, I'd have had to wait an extra week to get the Freedom Cry DLC like those on Uplay did, and it was because Ubi did not include it's code.

RVSage
12-11-2015, 05:04 AM
likely a uplay issue or memory leak, that's what it looks like.

Uplay is not a choice thing, any non digital purchase or digital purchase on amazon defaults to uplay. Throughout the world , discs still occupy a major share of purchases. Steam occupies a percentage of digital downloads

Frag_Maniac
12-11-2015, 06:23 AM
Uplay is not a choice thing, any non digital purchase or digital purchase on amazon defaults to uplay. Throughout the world , discs still occupy a major share of purchases. Steam occupies a percentage of digital downloads

I don't think anyone, here, including myself, is saying or implying you can opt out of Uplay with Ubi games. There CAN be differences in how things are handled when Steam is involved though, like the AC IV DLC I mentioned. Steam commands respect, Uplay, not so much. I bet if you were to ask most that play Ubi games if they'd prefer NOT to have to use Uplay, the answer would be a resounding yes.

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
12-11-2015, 10:23 AM
i told this before, nobody responded, the game degrades over time, at the start i'll be getting 55-60 FPS as i play for 20 mins, the FPS keeps decreasing and at 30 mins i would be lagging at 20 FPS even with a 780ti 16 gb ram and game on SSD.

strigoi1958
12-12-2015, 03:10 AM
why are these old threads appearing ?

YazX_
12-12-2015, 11:29 AM
why are these old threads appearing ?

indeed, locked as no need to keep reviving old threads.