PDA

View Full Version : Unity on PC runs TERRIBLE!!!

thepimp1979
11-13-2014, 01:11 AM
Why in the world Assassin's Creed Unity is released now is beyond me! :mad:
I have a pretty good gaming PC with intel i7, 16 Gb of RAM, nvidia Geforce gtx 760, and plenty of HDD space, and I usually run all my games, including TW Rome 2, Assassin's Creed 3 and Black Flag, War Thunder and many more games that are "heavy" on the system without a problem...
But Unity slaughters my rig apparently... Extreme screen tearing - I mean REALLY BAD, and FPS so low, in both cutscenes and ind gameplay that it makes the game UNPLAYABLE makes me wonder what Ubisoft were thinking??? Whom are supposed to be able to play this game on release? Not your average gamer and assassin's creed fan on PC, and as I just learned, apparently not even the owners of the PS4 or Xbox one, as they are limited to 900p??? :confused:
What in the world were you thinking Ubi??? :confused:

Please give us a fix SOON. This is not in anyway fair to the consumers and fans spending their money on a product that should work from day one, or at the very least e playable on day one, and quick-patched in the coming days.
This really does not reflect good on Ubisoft right now...

My advice to fans: Don't spend money on the game until it is fixed and A LOT more playable...
My advice to Ubisoft: Don't make the same mistakes and Creative Assembly made with Rome 2 (and other TW tittles) and leave the game broken for a year....

PS: I still really, really look forward to this game, but it NEEDS to be made playable without people having to spend a thousand dollars on upgrading their gaming rig... :nonchalance:

mullerliten
11-13-2014, 01:33 AM
I have a pretty good gaming PC with intel i7, 16 Gb of RAM, nvidia Geforce gtx 760, and plenty of HDD space, and I usually run all my games, including TW Rome 2, Assassin's Creed 3 and Black Flag, War Thunder and many more games that are "heavy" on the system without a problem...
But Unity slaughters my rig apparently... Extreme screen tearing - I mean REALLY BAD, and FPS so low, in both cutscenes and ind gameplay that it makes the game UNPLAYABLE makes me wonder what Ubisoft were thinking??? Whom are supposed to be able to play this game on release? Not your average gamer and assassin's creed fan on PC, and as I just learned, apparently not even the owners of the PS4 or Xbox one, as they are limited to 900p??? :confused:

Please give us a fix SOON. This is not in anyway fair to the consumers and fans spending their money on a product that should work from day one, or at the very least e playable on day one, and quick-patched in the coming days.

My advice to fans: Don't spend money on the game until it is fixed and A LOT more playable...
My advice to Ubisoft: Don't make the same mistakes and Creative Assembly made with Rome 2 (and other TW tittles) and leave the game broken for a year....

PS: I still really, really look forward to this game, but it NEEDS to be made playable without people having to spend a thousand dollars on upgrading their gaming rig... :nonchalance:

Won't happen. The nature of this game prohibits it..There's just too many npc's on the screen to make it run on older systems..And they're vital to the gameplay aswell. In older AC games there's never been more than 15-20 people around you at once..here you have hundreds of fully animated npcs. They may be able to improve cutscenes etc..But they've kinda limited themselves with all these npcs on the screen. They probably won't make that mistake with the next AC game.

NightmareGK13
11-13-2014, 01:35 AM
Won't happen. The nature of this game prohibits it..There's just too many npc's on the screen to make it run on older systems..And they're vital to the gameplay aswell. In older AC games there's never been more than 15-20 people around you at once..here you have hundreds of fully animated npcs. They may be able to improve cutscenes etc..But they've kinda limited themselves with all these npcs on the screen. They probably won't make that mistake with the next AC game.

what about limiting the number os npcs?
giving us the option at least

MnemonicSyntax
11-13-2014, 01:41 AM

My friend has a similar system as you. This is what he did to increase FPS. Try it and see.

"I cut down some of the FPS issues I was getting early in the game as well by turning off PCSS, switching to FXAA, turning off Vsync, and running the game in a borderless window. Getting about 45-50 fps now."

w0lrah
11-13-2014, 03:37 AM
I think your GPU is to blame there. Specifically a lack of video RAM. AFAIK 760s only go up to 2GB, and this is a game that seems to require 4GB of VRAM to run properly.

I have a fairly low end CPU (Phenom II X6 1045T, the first six-core to go under $100) but I have a 4GB GTX 970 and I average 35 FPS at 1080p in Ultra High mode. I changed MSAA 4x to FXAA, otherwise it's the Ultra High preset. I also have 32 GB of RAM, but this game doesn't really sem to depend on RAM very heavily. I don't come anywhere close to 50% utilization so your 16 is plenty.

My housemate's 4GB GTX770 runs it fine as well on the same CPU (though overclocked).

jeffies04
11-13-2014, 04:15 AM
Here's my experience:

I have an i7-3770k CPU overclocked to 4.2 GHz and an EVGA GTX 780 dual FTW 3GB overclocked just a bit to around 1215 MHz. I thought a GPU memory overclock would help here, but it actually started artifacting in Unity so I turned that off.

After hours the other night getting it set up I'm playing quite happily right now... It's using every drop of my 3GB VRAM on my 780 pushing it to Ultra settings. Since I'm weird about using TXAA that's definitely not helping me, but FXAA seemed to be the absolute easiest on resources.

I was only able to pull it off by lowering my native 16:10 1920x1200 resolution to a custom-created 1728x1080. Trying to push Ultra in 1200 I was stuttering.

I turned off v-sync in the game... In Nvidia control panel I set up 8x anisotropic filtering and turned on v-sync there.

I also applied a little registry edit I used for Watch Dogs that I swear helped. I have no idea if it's actually doing anything here. (Message me if you're curious, I don't want anyone screwing up their registry)

By some miracle I'm managing around 40 fps. They weren't lying about this game being a beast. It's natural to want to crank the settings but it's not always possible without some sort of compromise.

thepimp1979
11-13-2014, 02:11 PM
My friend has a similar system as you. This is what he did to increase FPS. Try it and see.

"I cut down some of the FPS issues I was getting early in the game as well by turning off PCSS, switching to FXAA, turning off Vsync, and running the game in a borderless window. Getting about 45-50 fps now."

Thx, I'll try it out :)

But I guess I'm won't get around upgrading my rig soon... :(

fenris19892
11-13-2014, 03:47 PM

Mine isnt so different from yours I7 with gtx 765 there is some frame loss occasionally/glitches and bugs,but after installing updates its running a bit more smoothly than the day before.I will admit some things are inexcusable like the delays in being able to interact with mission objects or sometimes not being able to finish a co-op mission at all,wrong mission markers etc. with so much riding on the co-op feature i would've thought it would be more polished and thoroughly.checked for bugs.And of course last i tried to get into pantheon my game kept crashing,gonna try to get in later today.

TheOutsider-NL-
11-13-2014, 04:29 PM
Just canceled Far Cry 4, with Watch Dogs we had to wait over 2 months after release for the patch to play the game in a playable manor. Now Unity is unplayable. Guess Far Cry will not be much better. Can't cancel The Crew, but im afraid of it..