PDA

View Full Version : Controlled Descent Missing Features ?

DaZex
11-12-2014, 11:44 PM
Ok so anyone remember the E3 video where Arno quickly descends down Notre Dame ? (In case you don't https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Og9q-i98E4#t=95 , the part i'm talking about is an 1:22 ). I think took that feature away from the final game, at one point (I don't recall if it's in this video or another but Amancio said that this skill where you leap and grab on to something will be unlockable later in the game), now not only do I not find the skill, but i went to Notre Dame in the same place and those beams are in the video and they are gone.

Does anybody know what happened ? Or is the skill still in the game and I just didn't find it ?

SenseHomunculus
11-12-2014, 11:51 PM
Ok so anyone remember the E3 video where Arno quickly descends down Notre Dame ? (In case you don't https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Og9q-i98E4#t=95 , the part i'm talking about is an 1:22 ). I think took that feature away from the final game, at one point (I don't recall if it's in this video or another but Amancio said that this skill where you leap and grab on to something will be unlockable later in the game), now not only do I not find the skill, but i went to Notre Dame in the same place and those beams are in the video and they are gone.

Does anybody know what happened ? Or is the skill still in the game and I just didn't find it ?

Yeah it's still there. I don't know about those exact beams or not but he rapidly descends. Push the movement stick forward, hold the high profile trigger and the B/circle button and he descends really fast.

TwentyGlyphs
11-12-2014, 11:55 PM
I've seen some people perform the "base jump" move on their gameplay videos that was showcased in the singleplayer E3 demo in other spots of the environment, but I haven't played enough to do it myself yet. I also went to try it on Notre Dame and was upset the beams aren't there to even try it.

The gameplay video I saw it happen in, the person ended up jumping across the street on the way down and grabbed onto a pole at the last second like the E3 demo. It certainly wasn't intentional by the player, but it looks like it's in the game. I think the area was a little more open than jumping across a street. Like they were doing a controlled descent from a building into a market square or something.

EscoBlades
11-13-2014, 12:01 AM
A beam or ledge needs to be far enough lower than Arno while using controlled descent for him to "base jump"

It is most definitely in the game.

DaZex
11-13-2014, 12:07 AM
A beam or ledge needs to be far enough lower than Arno while using controlled descent for him to "base jump"

It is most definitely in the game.
And is it a skill, or is it available by default ? Also to clarify i was specifically talking about the "basejumping" ability, i know that rapid descends is still a part of the game (a great addition by the way)

EscoBlades
11-13-2014, 12:10 AM
It is not an unlockable skill. Arno can base jump as a result of his natural prowess and athletic ability at will.