PDA

View Full Version : Update 1.2.0 For Assassin's Creed Unity

Shaftex
11-12-2014, 03:39 PM
Where the heck is it??? All I see are blogs & articles about this update with the "update notes", yet I still didn't receive any update on Uplay. I re-verified my ACU files, they are verified. I go in game & it still says 1.1.0. Where is the update?? The game needs one asap.

F4t3-TV
11-12-2014, 04:08 PM
Bump

mmcdonald2k
11-12-2014, 04:50 PM
Same here. Bump. Anyone there Ubisoft?

mmcdonald2k
11-12-2014, 04:52 PM
My game crashed twice yesterday. Hoping this helps.

dbgager
11-12-2014, 04:53 PM
Their servers are probably still overloaded with people that are still buying the game. They most likely are waiting till they get some spare bandwith.

Robbiejo
11-12-2014, 04:59 PM
They sold us this broken game. The least they can do is be responsive and let us know what they are doing to fix the problems

dbgager
11-12-2014, 05:01 PM
Not any different than any other game..All games need patching when they are released.

Marcus101RR
11-12-2014, 05:04 PM
They sold us this broken game. The least they can do is be responsive and let us know what they are doing to fix the problems

They didn't update their hardware to keep up with their software.

mangler_88
11-12-2014, 05:25 PM
Seriously, this is ridiculous. This game is completely fcking broken on ALL platforms. What the FCK are you waiting for? Release the damn patch already. I didn't play at all yesterday because of how broken this **** is and won't be doing so until the patch is available.

nicolass_123
11-12-2014, 05:38 PM
same problem. waiting for the patch. I assume it is available automatically via uplay app

mmcdonald2k
11-12-2014, 07:43 PM
Crashed 3 times today. WTF Ubisoft? Broken game :(

Dragoon7272
11-12-2014, 07:47 PM
so many kids that don't understand how the development process goes and why this stuff happens....time to grow up community...don't care if youre an adult or not or if you use gaming as a way to relax....find something else to do until they've released the patch and stop complaining all its gunna do is irritate you more and tick others off.

mangler_88
11-12-2014, 08:24 PM
so many kids that don't understand how the development process goes and why this stuff happens....time to grow up community...don't care if youre an adult or not or if you use gaming as a way to relax....find something else to do until they've released the patch and stop complaining all its gunna do is irritate you more and tick others off.

"kids"? GTFO with that crap.

this is a AAA game from a AAA developer, releasing the game in the state it's currently is unacceptable the glitches, the bugs, the horrid performance, how the fck any of these glaring issues passed QA is beyond me.

the game is not in development any more, it's post release now. these problems should have been fixed BEFORE launch. instead we were given a game that plays like it's still in alpha stages.

people paid their hard earned money for a product that is expected to work properly from day one, they shouldn't have to wait for anything.

mmcdonald2k
11-12-2014, 08:29 PM
I'm demanding a full refund. This is ********!

mmcdonald2k
11-12-2014, 08:30 PM

Are you serious? They didn't wait to take my hard earned money!

Bahjabroni
11-12-2014, 08:36 PM

They shouldn't HAVE to understand it. If you pay X amount of money for a game (some almost $100 USD if they got gold) then it goes without saying that you should expect that product to work upon release. Period. This product that Ubi have released is suffering a multitude of problems and IMO should've been delayed for 3-6 more months. But no, Ubisoft want to meet their release schedule to meet their quarterly profit goals. Is it any surprise that the "Community Managers" who gladly and regularly hyped the game up for months are almost nowhere to be seen now? There hasn't even been a statement by the company about this debacle, which is arguably the worst launch (at least that Ive been a part of) in the last 5 years. It's rightfully getting slammed everywhere and those like you are few and far between.

You're the only one in this thread who's complaining about this. Howbout you ignore people complaining if it bothers you because you think you "understand the development process". Where was Ubi's QA prior to release? Surely, one of the largest publishers/studios in gaming have a QA department that test and debug a game before release. Do you honestly believe they didn't know about these problems before releasing? Why do you think Rockstar regularly delay a release to ensure that its at the very least playable to a certain quality before releasing it?

fashric
11-12-2014, 08:49 PM

Its amazing how many accounts with 1 post carry this same attitude.

Bahjabroni
11-12-2014, 09:30 PM
Yeah,I totally remember how broken Shadow of Mordor was on release,oh,wait,it wasn't and never got patched cause there was no need to. ACU won't even save progress. [REDACTED].

Same with Alien Isolation. Worked perfectly from pre-load to end game.

Rekalty
11-12-2014, 09:36 PM
Someone just posted on Reddit that his Uplay just started downloading a new patch (or at least new content, 866MB)
http://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/2m3uqi/update_incomingpc/

BassMan_
11-12-2014, 09:41 PM
Its amazing how many accounts with 1 post carry this same attitude.

Indeed. The UbiTrolls are out. They get paid to post the positive stuff. So, don't feel too bad for them. However, I feel sorry for them as they have no integrity.

The_ParticleMan
11-12-2014, 11:05 PM
Are you serious? They didn't wait to take my hard earned money!

you gave it to them, they didnt take it from you.

Wraith_of_sands
11-12-2014, 11:08 PM
this is not how it works, i want to see you buying a car or some other piece of kit and repair it yourself on the way home

fashric
11-12-2014, 11:53 PM
you gave it to them, they didnt take it from you.

He gave it too them on the understanding he would receive a working product.

GrungePunk
11-13-2014, 07:36 AM
The folks getting this game off the pirate bay are probably laughing at us right now for spending money on this broken crap when they got it for free without any sort of repercussions. Oh the irony.

dbgager
11-13-2014, 07:40 AM
Only a thief laughs about not earning his way in the world ..and paying for what he needs.

Swissblunt
11-13-2014, 10:47 AM
NEVER play a Ubi-Game at Launchday. It will NEVER work!! Lern it and relax

naumaan
11-13-2014, 10:55 AM
well complaining about it wont help .. there are many bugs to be sorted out .. and i hope they are working on a patch ... lets just wait for it ... and till then do something else ... your cash is not wasted anyways ... it will be utilized in a better way i suppose ..

Basisa-Ger
11-13-2014, 10:56 AM
NEVER play a Ubi-Game at Launchday. It will NEVER work!! Lern it and relax

Nooooooo relax....
We all BUY this game with real money and the pruduct will not start.
Ubisoft is a realy bad company, for 1 hour after release that the game is not finished, ubisoft must rebuy 1 at all gamers.

totte115
11-13-2014, 10:59 AM
Gimme patch, Gimme patch, Gimme patch, Gimme patch, Gimme patch, Gimme patch, Gimme patch, Gimme patch, Gimme patch

AgileAC
11-13-2014, 12:00 PM
well complaining about it wont help ...Not complaining won't help!

Devs and publishers are growing more and more relaxed and complacent. There was a time you couldn't ship a seriously broken game, because there was no way of fixing it. Now it's "Let's just ship on time and we'll sort it out eventually", except that the moment the game is sent out for release, the bulk of resources are diverted to other projects that also need to get "finished" on time. I understand the pressure of deadlines, but this isn't supposed to be an "early access" game. At least there they warn you "This game may be buggy or have features missing and it may never get finished to your liking. Buy only if you like it as is."

And this isn't the first time with this particular series (AC III), only the worst one so far. This time around, absolutelly nothing works:

the main game is broken, it's both hilariously buggy and terribly unoptimized even on consoles;
Initiates website doesn't work - broken and plastered in "comming soon" signs
the mobile companion app is completely broken (the moment you sync with Uplay, the entire progress is lost and you can't restart).

mmcdonald2k
11-13-2014, 04:25 PM
I noticed if I go offline in Uplay that it doesn't crash as much. Must be server related (for me at least).

mangler_88
11-13-2014, 05:11 PM
The game I is out worldwide now, WHERE THE FCK IS THE PATCH?!

TheSaftschubse
11-13-2014, 05:36 PM
My Game is also v 1.1.0 and it won't update. Anyone actually got the 1.2.0 patch?

naumaan
11-13-2014, 05:47 PM
I noticed if I go offline in Uplay that it doesn't crash as much. Must be server related (for me at least).

going ofline .. improves the fps .. but it does not help in crash problem

pleb87
11-13-2014, 06:05 PM
Maybe it will be released tomorrow in time for the UK release? :p

Derli27
11-13-2014, 06:08 PM
The reason of low fps, stutering is realistic hair TressFx in Tomb Raider in ACU Nvidia Hairworks. They should give a patch whit options to disable this thing.

naumaan
11-13-2014, 06:08 PM
Maybe it will be released tomorrow in time for the UK release? :p

hope so

TheSaftschubse
11-13-2014, 06:49 PM
I read that some US consumers already received the 1.2.0 patch 2 days ago...weird.

naumaan
11-13-2014, 06:54 PM
I read that some US consumers already received the 1.2.0 patch 2 days ago...weird.

source?

iknowitsmatt
11-13-2014, 07:12 PM
The reason of low fps, stutering is realistic hair TressFx in Tomb Raider in ACU Nvidia Hairworks. They should give a patch whit options to disable this thing.

True, TressFx destroy fps and it is everywhere in the game, that's the main reason of stuttering with this broken game.

Damian....
11-13-2014, 07:47 PM
going ofline .. improves the fps .. but it does not help in crash problem

Something else happened to improve your FPS if it went up going offline. Performance is the same online and off.

Also to those wondering, the game does not use TressFX, it would use Nvidia Hairworks if anything. The rendering of hair is a culprit in the performance loss during cutscenes however. That and DOF are the biggest performance hogs.

apresmode
11-13-2014, 08:08 PM
True, TressFx destroy fps and it is everywhere in the game, that's the main reason of stuttering with this broken game.

Is there a way to disable it through some kind of settings file or through Nvidia control panel or something?

Cygnifick
11-13-2014, 08:49 PM
Something else happened to improve your FPS if it went up going offline. Performance is the same online and off.

Also to those wondering, the game does not use TressFX, it would use Nvidia Hairworks if anything. The rendering of hair is a culprit in the performance loss during cutscenes however. That and DOF are the biggest performance hogs.

There is no Nvidia hairworks library being used. (GFSDK_HairWorks.win64.dll)

ebor65
11-14-2014, 06:03 AM
Hey gus my pc:

I7 3770
Amd radeon hd 6870
Ram 8 gb
Ssd
win 7 ultimate

NineWorldsHD
11-14-2014, 06:09 AM
Hey gus my pc:

I7 3770
Amd radeon hd 6870
Ram 8 gb
Ssd
win 7 ultimate

This game is a death toll with GPU and that is probably your problem, that and well... the game is quite optimized better for Nvidia.

Revan-Risinger
11-14-2014, 06:25 AM
The ONLY problem I have having is the crashing issue in the Southern districts, Pantheon and Marcel.

MnemonicSyntax
11-14-2014, 06:51 AM
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/news/news_detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-184353-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

In b4 I'm "a UbiTroll" or "Ubi Apologist" because I knew this information. :rolleyes:

ebor65
11-14-2014, 06:56 AM
My specs:
i7 3770
AMD Radeon HD 6870 1 GB
RAM 8 GB
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
SSD
WHAT I NEEDAND I BOUGHT THE GAME TO WATCH 28 AVERAGR FRAMERATE AND FRAME DROP

Z-00-M
11-14-2014, 07:00 AM
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/news/news_detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-184353-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

In b4 I'm "a UbiTroll" or "Ubi Apologist" because I knew this information. :rolleyes:

Well, and did you already receive the Patch?

MnemonicSyntax
11-14-2014, 07:08 AM
Well, and did you already receive the Patch?

How did I receive the patch when the blog clearly states it's "being worked on right now?"

Link123299
11-14-2014, 07:13 AM
Gimme patch, Gimme patch, Gimme patch, Gimme patch, Gimme patch, Gimme patch, Gimme patch, Gimme patch, Gimme patch

^this
I was playing very conservatively trying not to crash and playing co-op mostly and then I got close to my next mission and bam, game crashed. I cant load the game either, crashes while trying to load ;-;

Bahjabroni
11-14-2014, 07:35 AM
How did I receive the patch when the blog clearly states it's "being worked on right now?"

Because you didn't. You received the Day 1 patch. 1.2 hasn't been released.

Go into your game and go to the main menu, look in the bottom right corner. If it it says "1.1.0" you're current. The patch being talked about in that post is the 1.2 patch.

Tracer2376
11-14-2014, 07:44 AM
Its because Ubisoft is a bunch of gays. There is no patch why because ***soft are ***s. They did the same damn thing with Watch dogs, ****ING ***S. ****ING HOMOS,

Lets see what these ***OTS did to the game shall we.

1. Not compatible with KB and mouse.
2. Not compatible with any Consul or PC.
3. Map degradation, falling though maps, Ubi must be owned and operated by EA. Oh wait both ***got companies are.
4. Hyped up game that does not deliver why, its not compatible with any hardware. Per AMD they did not test with Ubisoft at all WOW. The cat is out of the bag.
5. There are so many issues with this ***got company, they need to all just well die. Why they hired script kiddies out of high school to produce a game. And this is what happens. ****ING GAY *** ***S.

Ubi has 24 hours to comply with a up date, or we file for a federal lawsuit against this *** *** company. This was not the first time, that patch better be ready for all hardware and software by Monday. You little *** ***S.

I really hope Ubisoft sees my post and how they are going to be targeted via ether own servers. Gotta love it.

Oh and by the way for the ones playing on the PC just a FYI, looking at how they bitlt the game on camera movements is actually a Virus, Which also breaks U.S.C which breaks the laws, of
18 U.S. Code 175c - Variola virusWhich leads to this, Class action Lawsuit. This was found in the games program itself. Which does not allow you to control your own PC no matter what. And can be charged with
Computer Fraud and Abuse Act as well. Any questions from ***SOFT. Really I would love to hear it. Considering you knowingly also implated a Virus and a Trojan horse into your game? Please lets go at it ***SOFT.

Z-00-M
11-14-2014, 07:45 AM

Well, the Day-One Patch was the 1.10?

Tanyn
11-14-2014, 07:48 AM
Its because Ubisoft is a bunch of gays. There is no patch why because ***soft are ***s. They did the same damn thing with Watch dogs, ****ING ***S. ****ING HOMOS,

3. Map degradation, falling though maps, Ubi must be owned and operated by EA. Oh wait both ***got companies are.
4. Hyped up game that does not deliver why, its not compatible with any hardware. Per AMD they did not test with Ubisoft at all WOW. The cat is out of the bag.
5. There are so many issues with this ***got company, they need to all just well die. Why they hired script kiddies out of high school to produce a game. And this is what happens. ****ING GAY *** ***S.

Ubi has 24 hours to comply with a up date, or we file for a federal lawsuit against this *** *** company. This was not the first time, that patch better be ready for all hardware and software by Monday. You little *** ***S.

I really hope Ubisoft sees my post and how they are going to be targeted via ether own servers. Gotta love it.

Oh and by the way for the ones playing on the PC just a FYI, looking at how they bitlt the game on camera movements is actually a Virus, Which also breaks U.S.C which breaks the laws, of
18 U.S. Code 175c - Variola virusWhich leads to this, Class action Lawsuit. This was found in the games program itself. Which does not allow you to control your own PC no matter what. And can be charged with
Computer Fraud and Abuse Act as well. Any questions from ***SOFT. Really I would love to hear it. Considering you knowingly also implated a Virus and a Trojan horse into your game? Please lets go at it ***SOFT.

You, sir ... are REALLY hung up on homosexual insults. I'd talk to someone about that, if I were you.

Also, you're quoting a lot of legal violations, with no proof whatsoever other than "It's in the game files, somewhere" ...

jeffies04
11-14-2014, 08:09 AM

Wow. Trying to follow a few of your big leaps there, kiddo, but not even Arno can jump that far.

Please enlighten us how the camera movements in the game are a virus?

I should actually take more offense at your homophobic rants but your post concluded in me cracking up. Bravo... or brava...

EDIT:

OMG. I'm cracking up even more. Here's a link to that US Code: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/175c

In a nutshell, this code makes it illegal to reproduce or distribute THE SMALLPOX VIRUS

"(d) Definition.— As used in this section, the term “variola virus” means a virus that can cause human smallpox or any derivative of the variola major virus that contains more than 85 percent of the gene sequence of the variola major virus or the variola minor virus."

I can't stop laughing.

Tanyn
11-14-2014, 08:20 AM
Wow. Trying to follow a few of your big leaps there, kiddo, but not even Arno can jump that far.

Please enlighten us how the camera movements in the game are a virus?

I should actually take more offense at your homophobic rants but your post concluded in me cracking up. Bravo... or brava...

EDIT:

OMG. I'm cracking up even more. Here's a link to that US Code: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/175c

In a nutshell, this code makes it illegal to reproduce or distribute THE SMALLPOX VIRUS

"(d) Definition.— As used in this section, the term “variola virus” means a virus that can cause human smallpox or any derivative of the variola major virus that contains more than 85 percent of the gene sequence of the variola major virus or the variola minor virus."

I can't stop laughing.

HA! ... Yeah, everything that dude said, or ever WILL say, has just been instantly invalidated :P

spippan
11-14-2014, 08:53 AM

dude, you really really need to get some help xD LMAO

neither you are informed about your quoted law paragraphs nor are you able to write well understandable english (i don't know if your native language is english, but if it's not, than please stop *******ting around with such stupid statements) :D

jurasimo2
11-14-2014, 09:10 AM
is 1.2.0 pach released?

Greatster7
11-14-2014, 10:39 AM
Please Try to add graphic settings for PC like Depth of Field / Draw Distance / Reflection Quality / Motion Blur....etc.would really help with the unstable Frame-rate..

MnemonicSyntax
11-14-2014, 10:53 AM
Because you didn't. You received the Day 1 patch. 1.2 hasn't been released.

Go into your game and go to the main menu, look in the bottom right corner. If it it says "1.1.0" you're current. The patch being talked about in that post is the 1.2 patch.

Very good! The patch that people are wanting for all the fixes is also the very same 1.2 patch!

*slow clap*

MnemonicSyntax
11-14-2014, 10:55 AM
is 1.2.0 pach released?

No... read the thread. It's being worked on.

Roland_Hazoto
11-14-2014, 06:03 PM
The patch is up and hasn't fixed any of my issues...

rrmartinezdl
11-14-2014, 07:08 PM
Let us hope that Ubisoft goes under!!

MnemonicSyntax
11-14-2014, 07:17 PM
Let us hope that Ubisoft goes under!!

That's a pretty stupid hope, considering you could just, you know, not play their games instead.

Tanyn
11-14-2014, 07:56 PM
That's a pretty stupid hope, considering you could just, you know, not play their games instead.

Granted, I don't agree with 'rrmartinezdl's' hope that they will go under, (I rather hope they don't, as I'd like more AC games in the future) ... but I can certainly see how some might wish it upon them, considering how many people out there feel personally insulted, used, taken advantage of, disrespected, etc. by Ubisoft right now. Not to mention: knowingly lied to, and scammed. I only feel a couple of these things, and yes, it brings up more than a little anger when I think about how they completely steamrolled our good faith with this launch ... but I still don't wish them to go belly up, I just wish they'd focus more on the customers, and less on the shareholders, investors, and publishers.

topeira1980
11-14-2014, 08:03 PM
1.2 gives me WORSE fps in my r9 280.

is there a way to revert back to 1.1?!?
please, i'd love to know.

totte115
11-14-2014, 08:31 PM
1.2 gives me WORSE fps in my r9 280.

is there a way to revert back to 1.1?!?
please, i'd love to know.

Same here, I want to know too

Blackred689
11-14-2014, 09:08 PM
Patch 1.2 works fine, no fps drop for me.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7509/15604062487_6ca1c1417f_h.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5613/15604392720_655fb31ae0_h.jpg

i7 930 - GTX 970

TuurZ
11-14-2014, 09:57 PM
Got a 25 fps drop! That sucks. It was around 55, now its around 30.

I74770K - GTX780i - 16GB mem

Tanyn
11-15-2014, 03:36 AM
Patch 1.2 works fine, no fps drop for me.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7509/15604062487_6ca1c1417f_h.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5613/15604392720_655fb31ae0_h.jpg

i7 930 - GTX 970

For the record, posting two random screenshots doesn't do anything whatsoever to prove or disprove changes in FPS.