PDA

View Full Version : My impression of AC Unity so far

shafdude
11-12-2014, 02:51 PM
So far I've only just started playing the game and am still early on in the story.

What I like so far:

Story seems more engaging, social, and alive
Parkour is more fun and faster (feels like you're flying)
Combat is more challenging and I guess thus realistic
Also combat movement is more fun (the way Arno moves by ducking and stuff)
The new parkour descent

What I do not like so far:

Parkour can still be frustrating (from last games) I don''t think this is a big deal and it may just be because I'm playing like a dofus
When in combat the camera can move automatically by itself to aim at an enemy in front of you but this puts enemies behind you out of your field of view, this makes it harder to block those enemies and makes the combat frustrating, the solution might jut be combat practice of keeping all the enemies in front of you

The game looks great so far, excited to play the rest of the campaign. I like how you get to follow Arno around causing trouble like you did Ezio in AC II. I think this game might be the best AC out so far.

Nuartey
11-12-2014, 03:57 PM
So far I've only just started playing the game and am still early on in the story.

What I like so far:

Story seems more engaging, social, and alive
Parkour is more fun and faster (feels like you're flying)
Combat is more challenging and I guess thus realistic
Also combat movement is more fun (the way Arno moves by ducking and stuff)
The new parkour descent

Parkour can still be frustrating (from last games) I don''t think this is a big deal and it may just be because I'm playing like a dofus
When in combat the camera can move automatically by itself to aim at an enemy in front of you but this puts enemies behind you out of your field of view, this makes it harder to block those enemies and makes the combat frustrating, the solution might jut be combat practice of keeping all the enemies in front of you

The game looks great so far, excited to play the rest of the campaign. I like how you get to follow Arno around causing trouble like you did Ezio in AC II. I think this game might be the best AC out so far.

PS4 or XBox?

Fatal-Feit
11-12-2014, 04:06 PM

Parkour can still be frustrating (from last games) I don''t think this is a big deal and it may just be because I'm playing like a dofus.

The parkour can be a little trippy, but it's still A LOT better than the previous titles. It's almost too hard to go back, haha.

I'm also surprise by how well it works with M&K.

Same here. I'm about half a dozen hours in and I already think it is.

DynaRider
11-12-2014, 04:24 PM
I think the controls are a bit too sensitive. Arno seems to jump around when climbing and trying to make him climb straight up is a challenge. Climbing up high on one of the spires and he will circle around it because you cannot keep the L control precisely aligned straight up. When hanging on a ledge and trying to move right or left he will jump unexpectedly and lining up to enter a window is kind of hard to do sometimes. Trying to control Arno in melee combat is also difficult because he will jump from one combatant to another just as Edward did in Black Flag. Combat, at least in the early stages, is definitely more of a challenge and I have died a lot of times because I was too late to drink some medicine and one blow finished me off. I do like the new descent feature.

Also I accidentally activate eagle vision a lot when in combat which is a bit disconcerting.

xMiiSTY
11-12-2014, 04:41 PM
Hey all! Thank you for your constructive feedback and suggestions. It's really appreciated -- keep it coming!

F3nix013
11-12-2014, 04:44 PM
I have to say that the only thing that is kicking my *** in this game is the payout system. To me, the payouts are not nearly high enough. I keep getting Creed points that i CANT spend. I can spend the coin money and the Sync points but i have over 8.000 Creed points, NONE of which i can spend in the game unless i want to do upgrades to what i have. And that doesnt help me at all because every time i get any coin, i end up spending all of it either on health upgrades or medicine. Neither of those things help either because of those damn pistols and rifles. Every time i get shot, not only do i not have the ability to grab a human shield, but i also get a quarter to half my health taken away from just being shot ONCE.

If those rifles and pistols were not in the game then i wouldnt be dying nearly as much as i already have.

shafdude
11-13-2014, 02:22 AM
PS4 or XBox?
PS4

I think the controls are a bit too sensitive. Arno seems to jump around when climbing and trying to make him climb straight up is a challenge. Climbing up high on one of the spires and he will circle around it because you cannot keep the L control precisely aligned straight up. When hanging on a ledge and trying to move right or left he will jump unexpectedly and lining up to enter a window is kind of hard to do sometimes. Trying to control Arno in melee combat is also difficult because he will jump from one combatant to another just as Edward did in Black Flag. Combat, at least in the early stages, is definitely more of a challenge and I have died a lot of times because I was too late to drink some medicine and one blow finished me off. I do like the new descent feature.

Also I accidentally activate eagle vision a lot when in combat which is a bit disconcerting.
I've had trouble going into windows too but I think it's just because I haven't gotten the hang of the controls yet. In regard to Arno switching from one combatant to the other in melee combat, that's what I was talking about when I said the camera keeps moving around by itself during combat to face enemies. I've found the solution is to keep your distance in combat and try to keep all the enemies in your field of view. Also keep moving the camera around to know where any enemies are that might have moved out of your field of view.

Every time i get shot, not only do i not have the ability to grab a human shield, but i also get a quarter to half my health taken away from just being shot ONCE.

If those rifles and pistols were not in the game then i wouldnt be dying nearly as much as i already have.
So far what I've figured is that you're supposed to dodge the shots by pressing X on PS4.