PDA

View Full Version : Want to pre-order Unity today! Should I buy disc or download on my PS4?

Nuartey
11-12-2014, 12:12 PM
Given that the game has its fair share of technical problems should I get this on a disc or download? Money is not the issue here it's about how it runs.
And please, no comments about not getting it at all. I'm getting this game as I have all the previous AC titles before. AC3 is buggy too and I liked that game.
I simply want to know what format will give me the least hassle.

Im2aKillerfish
11-12-2014, 12:46 PM
If you buy from PS Store, it loads the first 7GB from the 41GB the game is. After that you can play it, but you cannot process past certain mission until your console has downloaded and installed the rest of the game, which, depending from your internet speed can take long.

So I'm suggesting Disc version, and that's what I'm getting. The benefits of disc version is also that If you can sell it later, and that PS4 installs Disc based games pretty fast. Remember the 900mb Patch.

Nuartey
11-12-2014, 01:09 PM
If you buy from PS Store, it loads the first 7GB from the 41GB the game is. After that you can play it, but you cannot process past certain mission until your console has downloaded and installed the rest of the game, which, depending from your internet speed can take long.

So I'm suggesting Disc version, and that's what I'm getting. The benefits of disc version is also that If you can sell it later, and that PS4 installs Disc based games pretty fast. Remember the 900mb Patch.

I can't see an option on the PS4 where you can install the disc. How do I do it?

Moose.Qc
11-12-2014, 01:13 PM
CD=Benefit you can sell it or trade.
Download digital=Benefit, no tax to pay :)

End results: same game play.

Bigodon
11-12-2014, 01:16 PM
go disc
and trade in ASAP

Im2aKillerfish
11-12-2014, 01:16 PM
I can't see an option on the PS4 where you can install the disc. How do I do it?

Just put the disc in. It should install itself in under a minute.

Mr_Shade
11-12-2014, 01:19 PM
Just to confirm the above, The PS4 - automatically installs game discs, this is normal :)

So please ensure you have the required space, approx 40GB since this is not optional.

Nuartey
11-12-2014, 01:22 PM
Just to confirm the above, The PS4 - automatically installs game discs, this is normal :)

So please ensure you have the required space, approx 40GB since this is not optional.

Just put the disc in. It should install itself in under a minute.

But my Last of Us Disc did not install automatically. I still have to insert the disk to play it...

Mr_Shade
11-12-2014, 01:28 PM
But my Last of Us Disc did not install automatically. I still have to insert the disk to play it...

Yes.. but the PS4 only checks you still own the disc - the game plays from the hard drive - this is normal and the Xbox One also uses this system. ;)

You can't install and then not use the disc - the PS4 will always ask for it ;)

lothario-da-be
11-12-2014, 01:31 PM
If you pre-order, don't pre-order from ubishop, you won't get it on release.

Mr_Shade
11-12-2014, 01:41 PM
If you pre-order, don't pre-order from ubishop, you won't get it on release.

Have you had issues with yours?

They normally ship a couple of days before, depending on where you live, however if you are closer to them - they do normally ship the day before - however they do try and endeavour to deliver on release day.

Nuartey
11-12-2014, 01:48 PM
Yes.. but the PS4 only checks you still own the disc - the game plays from the hard drive - this is normal and the Xbox One also uses this system. ;)

You can't install and then not use the disc - the PS4 will always ask for it ;)

Oh, ok lol Thought it worked like the Itunes store where you could put all your songs from the CD into the library! I'm new to PS4 and haven't really fiddle around with it (not enough games) Thanks for your help.

Yeah, so it's a PS store download for me as the entire point of me having the game on the actual hard drive is so that I won't have to use a disc.
Discs are unstable and unreliable. A download can be re-downloaded as long as you paid the first time.
As for trading the game in, I'm just gong to stick with decision. Ubisoft will release a patch whether it's by Friday or in 2 months time. I have faith in Ubisoft as I have only disliked one main game of theirs and that's Revelations. Their buggiest game (AC3 and AC1) still run good enough for me.

lothario-da-be
11-12-2014, 01:54 PM
Have you had issues with yours?

They normally ship a couple of days before, depending on where you live, however if you are closer to them - they do normally ship the day before - however they do try and endeavour to deliver on release day.
My Guillotine edition still hasn't been dispatched, and it seems to be the case with a lot of people who ordered from the ubishop.

Mr_Shade
11-12-2014, 02:22 PM
My Guillotine edition still hasn't been dispatched, and it seems to be the case with a lot of people who ordered from the ubishop.

If you are close to where the main warehouse is, there's one in Germany if I recall correctly, it should ship a day before release - so it should move at some point today - if it hasn't already.

If you are concerned about this, I would contact the Ubishop support - though I'm guessing you may have done this already?

Nuartey
11-12-2014, 02:33 PM
One more thing, Mr Shade. Do you know if PS4 pre-order is cheaper than a release date order?

wvstolzing
11-12-2014, 04:42 PM
I normally prefer digital for all my software & other digital media (I'm out of space to stash any boxes or cases); but where I live right now the connection speeds & reliability is awfully bad, so I went with a disc.

One benefit of the DL version is that *sometimes* (not always) they have more voiceover language options. Retail discs are no longer region-locked; but they're still classified with respect to language. E.g. in North America, you only get English, Spanish, Brazilian Portugese, and French, while on the DL version of the same game, you might get Italian, German, Russian, etc. options as well.