PDA

View Full Version : OPEs changing the properties

funktastic-
11-12-2014, 11:06 AM
High guys , im trying to find out why the opes change the properties of an object while in transition.

When you move and abject thats is set to default in the properties using opes it seems that it changes the objects properties to decoration or something like that and i find you cant use these to trigger events and more. I know how to use something else to do this but i was wondering why this happens. If i understand it then i can make most of whats going on .

cheers;)

Just_Shogun
11-12-2014, 11:23 AM
When you move an object with OPE it is not physically moving the object, it is animating it to a new position. There is no actual motion, each tick the object is basically jumping between static positions. Because of this an object being animated cannot "push" or affect other objects. Imagine the concept of teleporting. If you teleport an object to a position where there is already an object like a wall. The teleported object would not push the wall out of the way, it would materialize intersected with the wall. This is what the OPE does. Your object still has it's physics properties but it is being moved to a position where it intersects with another object.

This is why we generally suggest that if you are creating something that needs to move and touch the bike/rider at the same time you want to use physics and not the OPE.

funktastic-
11-12-2014, 11:44 AM
I didnt think of it like that , when i was reading your reply the old fashioned animation of each frame or flickering book filled with images went through my mind or the old moph cartoon. Even though i know you have to turn the ticks to a continueous state i actually didnt look at the animation like that. I must think in more terms of animating rather then a film.

Thanx for the help shogun that will help loads.:)