PDA

View Full Version : Read This Before You Waste Your Money!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bionicrdnck
11-12-2014, 11:03 AM
I have bought EVERY Assassin's Creed title made for PC, along with MANY other Ubisoft games. But, after buying Assassin's Creed Unity, i may no longer be a Ubisoft customer.

I bought the pre-order from Uplay and was really looking forward to yet another GREAT gaming experience. After starting the download this a.m., as soon as the game was available, I went to bed, believing that when I woke up, i would be ready to play.

after about 6 hours of the game downloading, I came in ready to play, only to see that I went from approximately 500kb/sec download speed, to THREE kb/sec.

I know that I have a VERY slow internet connection at only 4 mb/sec., and actually thought that I was having an issue with my internet. After calling my ISP and throwing a fit, I find out that Ubisoft is apparently only letting download speeds run at decent rates for 2 hours. After that, they are capping the download speeds.

People have to restart their internet connection to resume downloading at decent speeds every 2 hours. This is something I would expect out of Steam, yet apparently, even Steam is doing a better job that Ubisoft.

Of course, sending an email is useless and tech support closes at 8 pm. It would seem that with all of the MILLIONS that they have ALREADY made on their 2 biggest games of the year (Assassin's Creed, along with the soon to be released Far Cry 4), they would be willing to pay a little overtime for tech support.

Speaking of Far Cry 4; I WAS looking forward to buying that also, but unless Ubisoft does something VERY QUICKLY, they can forget about making another dime off of me. $90.00 for 2 to 3 kb/sec download speeds is NOT worth it. Better I wipe myself and flush it down the toilet, than waste it on this BS.

lordseymore
11-12-2014, 01:45 PM
Hiiii, steam white knight here,

Just wanted too say that - so far i've not had a single problem in years with steams download services.
kthnx.

dbgager
11-12-2014, 03:56 PM
Never had any problem with a Steam download and I have more than 120 of them

hyungoku1234
11-12-2014, 04:09 PM
steam never had download issues for me. been using it since team fortress 2 came out. got over 80 games. screw uplay