PDA

View Full Version : Only one Slot for a new game and i cant erase my saves in game?[PC]

Cruzverme
11-12-2014, 05:11 AM
In all Assassin's Creed i was can create 3 new games. Now We have only one slot to save? Why? I hope it's something that will include, because its is important '-'

kctay
11-12-2014, 05:48 AM
Just go to where the physical save is on your hard drive, move it to the desktop or somewhere else if you want to start a new game. It isn't that hard. If you want to go back to the original save, move the second save somewhere, or rename it, and move the original save back.

GrungePunk
11-12-2014, 05:52 AM
Just go to where the physical save is on your hard drive, move it to the desktop or somewhere else if you want to start a new game. It isn't that hard. If you want to go back to the original save, move the second save somewhere, or rename it, and move the original save back.

That won't work because the moment you go to start up your Assassin's Creed Unity with Uplay it will automatically re-upload your previous save game from the Uplay cloud to your save folder. If you're running the game through Steam on the other hand your solution might actually work. Just not with Uplay.

kctay
11-12-2014, 05:55 AM
So....actually it WILL work. ;)

doughy12
11-12-2014, 06:11 AM
I'd like to know how in the world you cannot select NEW GAME?

That won't work because the moment you go to start up your Assassin's Creed Unity with Uplay it will automatically re-upload your previous save game from the Uplay cloud to your save folder. If you're running the game through Steam on the other hand your solution might actually work. Just not with Uplay.
It works on UPLAY. You just have to do it the same exact way it has to be done in Steam. Set offline mode, save the game, exit the service, go to where the game save is and move/delete it, then launch the game, select new game and get to a save point, exit the game select online with Steam, launch the game again and then play...New save will override the older one, then once you're online mode again, save the game.

shiyaoay
11-12-2014, 06:17 AM
And that is completely not tedious at all.

GrungePunk
11-12-2014, 07:00 AM
I'd like to know how in the world you cannot select NEW GAME?

It works on UPLAY. You just have to do it the same exact way it has to be done in Steam. Set offline mode, save the game, exit the service, go to where the game save is and move/delete it, then launch the game, select new game and get to a save point, exit the game select online with Steam, launch the game again and then play...New save will override the older one, then once you're online mode again, save the game.

I wasn't aware the game was backed up on Steam as well. Most of the time when I delete save games or backup and remove save games from my games on Steam I don't have to go through all of that. I just delete them or move them and launch the game and they aren't instantly restored from some cloud backup. This is really the only game I've had to do all of that with and it's also one of the only games I've played that doesn't have the option to Start a New Game and overwrite the old one located directly underneath Continue on the main menu.

I get why they disabled multiple saves. That way they can make an extra $60 off family members and friends that would normally just use a different save slot on a single copy. But not having the option to start a new game just seems lazy to me.

The truly screwed up thing is that the people that basically stole this game and downloaded it illegally are probably having a much easier time starting a new game than we are because they're offline the whole time. Gotta love the irony. Although I suppose we could just disconnect our internet and play the game offline as well but why pay good money for a game just to play a gimped version of it?

doughy12
11-12-2014, 07:27 AM
Yeah when it comes to Steam, Sync with Steamcloud and being online really do the same thing. Some games on Steam won't even run if it's not synced with the Steam Cloud.

Steam is way to intrusive and controlling and they blind people with $$. Well the $$ are not worth all the hidden problems that are attached to Steam they just aren't.

wichking
11-12-2014, 09:19 AM
You can alos disbale cloudsaving then you donbt even have to go offline