PDA

View Full Version : is the story as bad as i think from reading the kotaku review? *SPOILERS*

zzcool500
11-12-2014, 02:56 AM
Do note this text contains what i think are spoilers, one is a mild spoiler i read in a kotaku review may not be a spoiler to others but it is too me the rest of the spoiler tags are about the former games.

So i read the kotaku review of this game and was dissapointed, they stated that the story has no modern day elements

The story in these games have always been important, i honestly don't care about the game itself i only care about the story and it dissapointed me to find out what i mentiond above

I just want a confirmation from people will i enjoy the story? i loved the story of 1 to revelation well atleast the ending of revelation, 3 is where it sortof took a dive (but i quit playing half way through due to life issues and stress then about 6 months later i got the ending spoiled about desmond so i proceeded to run through the story so that game was not played through well something that makes me very sad, and 4 was even worse storywise too me i loved edwards story but the modern day story was dull the short tiny cameo with juno was dissapointing the tapes were more interesting than the entire story

i loved the story line of ezios time but it seems the games are moving further and further away from that what keeps me playing is the first civilazation and the first civ technology from my understanding social gameplay is whats been focused on and i don't care about co op or mp whatever

So again will i enjoy the story of unity? sorry for being very unclear or not making sense, but it's hard to type when i have to spoiler tag constantly or not knowing whats considered a spoiler or not i have the game on preorder but it's still a day to go untill i can play it, lastly.

The french setting all that dosn't interest me one bit, the first civilazation does, scifi elements does if this game is purely about the french setting with little to nothing special like first civ content or anything related to the apple templars etc, then i don't see how i can enjoy it do not confirm anything just say if i will enjoy it or not based on what i like, for example the time anomoly thing made me very excited i was very dissapointed when i found out about it as it could have been an amazing twist and even more dissapointed when i found out it's just a mini game

D.I.D.
11-12-2014, 02:59 AM
Nobody can tell you. Some people think it's got the feel of an updated Ezio game. It's impossible to judge on story because AC's stories have been quite nebulous recently, and what you latch onto or what passes you by is so different from person to person. You might not really enjoy the story that much but consistently enjoy the script, even.

OpticSpecs
11-12-2014, 02:59 AM
It got a lot of bad reviews. Its funny how people thought it would get 8.5 or above and Rogue would only get 7,

Nuartey
11-12-2014, 03:08 AM
It got a lot of bad reviews. Its funny how people thought it would get 8.5 or above and Rogue would only get 7,

Yeah, I noticed Rogue is receiving favourable reviews which leads me to wonder: maybe the reason why Unity is getting slated is because people miss the naval combat of the last two games? I for one loved naval combat but do miss the roof top navigation which is why Unity appeals to me. I like old school AC.

zzcool500
11-12-2014, 03:11 AM
Nobody can tell you. Some people think it's got the feel of an updated Ezio game. It's impossible to judge on story because AC's stories have been quite nebulous recently, and what you latch onto or what passes you by is so different from person to person. You might not really enjoy the story that much but consistently enjoy the script, even.

What i latch onto is scifi the unreal the first civilation ,the way the templars are connected too that, too me the assassins creed games are two stories one being the historical story, thats too me the appetizer that keeps the modern day story from moving too fast, they connect too eachother but i can't say i love the stories of the assassins creed games but i play them to find out about the modern day, again i play them just to find out more about the first civ thats all those historical stories are too me which is a way to slowly enjoy the main scifi story by slowly progressing through it, thats what i love about the games you have an amazing story but first you have to go through the second let's call it first story

RzaRecta357
11-12-2014, 04:14 AM
So far I thought the story was great but I'm totally into character stories. The opening was amazing. Arno is a cocky great young guy. No issues from a mega fan here who's fav is the first and I've been around this site longer than my thing says.

pirate1802
11-12-2014, 06:52 AM
If you're looking for modern-day stuff then prepare yourself to be mightily disappointed.

Now as far as the historical story is concerned: It's predictable to the last e, but well-presented and acted all the same. Some people look for a plot twist every twenty minutes, so they're gonna be disappointed. Some people give importance to the presentation and storytelling. Those people, I'd wager, would be more forgiving of the story. As you might have guessed; I fall in the last category.