I'll get straight to the point.

PS4:

Disc in and play
Nicer controller
Practically no setup required

PC:

Nicer graphics
Full 1080p
Co-op isn't behind a paywall (I don't have PSN)
Can play with friends
Cheaper

Cons for PC:

Longer install
Will most likely be a bit of a pain to set up (let's face it, it's a Ubisoft PC port)

-

Are the benefits of PC worth the trouble of setting it up?

Tanyn
11-11-2014, 03:00 AM
You and I apparently remember the PS4 release of AC4BF very differently ... there was a good 10-20-minute install period. "Disc in and play" isn't quite the case anymore. Consoles started installing portions of the game to the HDD since they GOT hard drives ... now, those portions are getting larger.

That said, this is their precious cash cow ... this game will not receive the absolutely TERRIBLE pc "optimization" that such fantastic failures as Watch_Dogs did ... the "set-up" will more than likely be no more than changing a few graphics settings to accommodate your hardware. With that issue settled, and the installation now being an issue that both pcs AND consoles face ... I see no reason to choose PS4 over PC, if you have a PC that can handle it (which isn't difficult, since the minimum specs were HILARIOUSLY over-stated)

Fatal-Feit
11-11-2014, 03:08 AM
Regarding PS4's pros.

* Disk in and play is less convenient than double clicking a desktop icon.

* The DS4 can be used on PC, along with the X1 controller. More variety.

* Doesn't Unity have same the 2-3 minute setups every time you start up the game like the previous titles on last-gen? Maybe not.

Personally, even as a huge Assassin's Creed advocate, I say the PC version is always the best, simply because the games on PC age a whole lot better than their restricted console versions.

And terrible port or not, it's better to have low settings with above 30-40 fps than sub 30 fps (which is the case for Unity on PS4, sadly). For me, at least.

soccer06
11-11-2014, 03:26 AM
And it sounds like for the PC, you're thinking of a digital download. You could always purchase physical version for PC if you're worried about that.

Anykeyer
11-11-2014, 08:29 AM
LOL, Disc and play. Game needs to be installed and patched first. Consoles are just restricted PCs those days.

D_cover
11-11-2014, 08:34 AM
You can plug in a controller on PC.

If you can run it on PC get it on PC. That's my opinion.

Spikey1989
11-11-2014, 08:45 AM
PC all the way!

fl0wzcomfy
11-11-2014, 08:56 AM
I say PC. I just built my first pc and I say pc all the way. Unless its a terrible optimized game with no support post release.

Ps4 is the way to go if you plan to get psn and play with friends. None of my friends own a ps4 and not alot have made the jump to next gen. so I'm sticking to pc

MickyDaLips
11-11-2014, 09:21 AM
I've played quite a few games on PC with my PS4 controller, I'm pretty sure it will work with this ok.

I'm getting it on PC to avoid debates n stuff about which console it's best to get it for.

strigoi1958
11-11-2014, 01:39 PM
I'm getting it on PC to avoid debates n stuff

That is funny ;) I wonder how many times that quote will come back to haunt Mssr Pontbriand

wichking
11-11-2014, 01:43 PM
Go for PC if you can run it. PC is always better for reasons. Console versions are for ppl who cant afford a pc to run it

playlisting
11-11-2014, 07:11 PM
You and I apparently remember the PS4 release of AC4BF very differently ... there was a good 10-20-minute install period. "Disc in and play" isn't quite the case anymore. Consoles started installing portions of the game to the HDD since they GOT hard drives ... now, those portions are getting larger.

It didn't take long for me to download and install the patches for AC4. Maybe a 20 minute wait at the most.

The DS4 can be used on PC, along with the X1 controller. More variety.

Don't have either of those controllers so sadly this doesn't apply to me :(

LOL, Disc and play. Game needs to be installed and patched first. Consoles are just restricted PCs those days.

It essentially is disc in and play. Maybe a 5 min install time.

You can plug in a controller on PC.

If you can run it on PC get it on PC. That's my opinion.

People on Twitter are saying that the game is terribly optimised. Anyone who owns the game able to comment?

Animator_Alex
11-11-2014, 07:17 PM
People on Twitter are saying that the game is terribly optimised. Anyone who owns the game able to comment?
I am running it at highest settings, v sync on, and 2X MSAA at around 30-50fps while free roaming Paris. My GPU and CPU are a GTX 780 SC and an i5 4670K. The optimization is ok but the game is so full of visual and gameplay bugs it keeps me from enjoying the game.

playlisting
11-11-2014, 07:52 PM
I am running it at highest settings, v sync on, and 2X MSAA at around 30-50fps while free roaming Paris. My GPU and CPU are a GTX 780 SC and an i5 4670K. The optimization is ok but the game is so full of visual and gameplay bugs it keeps me from enjoying the game.

Thanks for the information :D

There seems to be a lot of people having issues at the moment. Will probably leave this one until Christmas so there's some patches out. PS4 for me on this one. People are getting poor FPS on GTX 980s, and this game was optimised for NVIDIA. This series badly needs to be taken out of it's yearly release schedule. All of the recent Assassin's Creeds have had issues on PC. Ubi should ask the devs "is it complete?" as opposed to "can it be sold?". Even the latter is untrue this time around. Pull yourself together Ubisoft.

Anykeyer
11-11-2014, 08:41 PM
It essentially is disc in and play. Maybe a 5 min install time.

You have an interesting opinion on what is "disc and play". Well then PC gaming is "click and play'.

ApexMandalorian
11-11-2014, 09:03 PM
Definitely go PS4. The PC port is terrible. GRFS bad.