PDA

View Full Version : THE CREW will be playable OFFLINE!! Confirmed. Right?

ital92
11-09-2014, 05:46 AM
From a weekly show from Ubisoft Mexico: http://youtu.be/UD0HejaiiD0?t=2m24s

"I have great news regarding something you've been asking a lot; you will be able to play The Crew's campaign offline"...

So what do you think?

Ubi guys at here? Can we take that as an offiicial confirmation?

Xane48
11-09-2014, 05:56 AM
I think it's bad enough there's already only 8 people per session, I personally don't want to drive around in an empty country with just AI traffic.

Kiwicut
11-09-2014, 10:52 PM
youtu.be/ ?? Is that a hack link?

ital92
11-10-2014, 12:04 AM
I think it's bad enough there's already only 8 people per session, I personally don't want to drive around in an empty country with just AI traffic.

Yup, plus I find extremely odd that they would have taken such decision, when it seems that since conception the game was designed to play online, even its name makes a direct reference to that. Aside from that, I see many advantages (you'll be able to play it online if you want, but you won't be forced to) and virtually any disadvantage, except perhaps for the fact that it will be pirate-able.

youtu.be/ ?? Is that a hack link?

Absolutely not! It's the official short link on YouTube. Try clicking on the "share" button in any video you want and you'll see. Here's the full link anyway: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD0HejaiiD0t Skip to 2:24!

ital92
11-10-2014, 02:56 AM
I think you won't be able to play it completely offline. you'll still have to stay connected with the servers all the time. for ex. to sync your account data. But we've already seen that you have the option to play carreer races offline. And that's what she's talking about.

Well that would be perfectly fine for me. It would be a nice way of combat piracy on PC. And on PS4, as long as it doesn't requires a Plus subscription, it will be awesome!

Natchai_Ubisoft
11-13-2014, 05:40 PM
as far as I know, you will NOT be able to play offline. I don't know where the ubi mexico guys got their info from, but I would wait for official confirmation, which I have asked for.

MaXiiczek
11-13-2014, 08:18 PM
problem is that someone in Ubisoft Mexico youtube channel video said The Crew will be playable offline... so everyone is now confused...

Xane48
11-14-2014, 12:14 AM
as far as I know, you will NOT be able to play offline. I don't know where the ubi mexico guys got their info from, but I would wait for official confirmation, which I have asked for.

Like I thought the first time I heard of it, something must have gotten lost in translation.

MaXiiczek
11-14-2014, 10:40 AM
ye most likely

Natchai_Ubisoft
11-14-2014, 12:28 PM
OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED: NO offline mode. Sorry everyone.
We apologize for the confusion caused, while we don't know the precise reason of why this information was posted, I think it might've been due to a mistranslation or miscommunication.

cargamingblog
11-14-2014, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the update Natchai.

ital92
11-17-2014, 02:06 AM
OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED: NO offline mode. Sorry everyone.
We apologize for the confusion caused, while we don't know the precise reason of why this information was posted, I think it might've been due to a mistranslation or miscommunication.

Thanks a lot for the confirmation! I must say I'm glad to hear that, as this way will make the game unpirateable on Xbox 360 and PC.

Cannot wait for the launch day! I've tried it and it's awesome. I even purchased a steering wheel just for playing this game. I truly hope it's compatible, haha.

Again THANKS! =)

EDIT: They deleted that piece of the video. I didn't know that can be done in YouTube, but yes, it can be done.

bazzil666
11-28-2014, 01:19 AM
Wanted to get onto The Crew last night but had a massive storm go through and take out the internet. A shame I couldn't just have a drive around and explore.
But alas it's ONLY ONLINE!! even though there seems to be a good bit of solo stuff to do.

Tell me the online always isn't a Ubisoft "control" thing, because that's how it looks to me!

NEET_Ludamister
11-28-2014, 02:15 AM
Wanted to get onto The Crew last night but had a massive storm go through and take out the internet. A shame I couldn't just have a drive around and explore.
But alas it's ONLY ONLINE!! even though there seems to be a good bit of solo stuff to do.

Tell me the online always isn't a Ubisoft "control" thing, because that's how it looks to me!

Huh? What does that have to do with Ubisoft? It's not like they came forward and pitched an idea to their own developer. All this was and still is Ivory Tower's vision. It's a MMO first. What MMO is ever available offline? Stop trying to grasp at straws to try and point a finger for something so silly.

bazzil666
11-28-2014, 02:37 AM
Huh? What does that have to do with Ubisoft? It's not like they came forward and pitched an idea to their own developer. All this was and still is Ivory Tower's vision. It's a MMO first. What MMO is ever available offline? Stop trying to grasp at straws to try and point a finger for something so silly.

If it's solely an MMO Why is there an option for solo at all, answer me that?

bazzil666
11-28-2014, 02:45 AM
Don't get me wrong, I'm without a doubt picking this game up, I think it's great.
But does it really need to phone home?

MaXiiczek
11-28-2014, 09:12 AM
show me a MMO which is not possible to play solo, yes there are parts which can't be done solo, but at least main story line and leveling is usually solo friendly... but they are still all online only...

and as The Crew is a MMO, lot of stuff is done server side, also the main part of gameplay is multiplayer and it's just designed that way, you have to accept it