PDA

View Full Version : Is ANYONE ELSE still excited for this game???

SenseHomunculus
11-08-2014, 03:01 PM
So I haven't been on the forums for a while and decided to check in on the latest buzz on AC: Unity...

What I find is thread after thread expressing disappointment or downright anger over pretty much every aspect of the game before it's even released. Even after reading every post on every one of those threads, I'm still not sure how anyone can make any sort of definitive determination of quality, either good OR bad, until they pop the official release disk into their console and see the game with their own eyes and start mashing buttons.

You'd think for all the angst it had the graphics of E.T. for Atari 2600

http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/entry_photo_images/8295197/et2600Screen_large_large.jpg

and the gameplayof Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing.

I'm being a little snarky, of course, but is there anyone out there who's still gonna be lining up at midnight on Monday to get Unity into hot little hands like I am and play until the wee hours of the morning?? "*cough* *cough* yeah, I won't be in the office today, boss, I didn't sleep a wink last night!" :p

Beschikbaar
11-08-2014, 03:04 PM
im still excited, but im in EU so im getting it later(Ubi hates us)

Pr0metheus 1962
11-08-2014, 03:21 PM
Why do you think pre-release worry about a game is about how the game really is? It's not about how good or bad the game actually is. It's about managing expectations.

Yes, I'm excited - too excited, and that's a big problem for me, because all too often too much excitement leads to disappointment. The more bad things I hear about the game, the less excited I become - and that's a good thing. I want to know all the fears, all the nitpicks, everything that could be bad, or as much as possible. Then I want to talk about how bad the game could be and how disappointing what I've seen makes me, because doing so cements in my mind the idea that the game is going to suck. I prefer to go into a game expecting the worst, then if it's not too bad, I'll be happier, and if it's actually good, I'll be really happy.

There are some folks out there who don't work that way. They want to get all hyped up, then they get the game and no matter how bad it is, they're happy to defend it. I think it takes a monumental willingness to see the good in everything to be that way. Maybe those folks are happier, even when they're faced with severely disappointing games. But if I was that way, I wouldn't be a gamer, because the result is often too depressing.

The problem is, my way of managing my expectations tends to make the optimists upset. Perhaps if they knew why folks like me act the way we do, they'd understand and take the pre-release pessimism in their stride a bit more.

So remember - when I (and folks like me) disrespect a game prior to release, it's not about the game, it's about me.

SenseHomunculus
11-08-2014, 03:24 PM
Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed. :D

MakimotoJin
11-08-2014, 03:35 PM

Well when people make you think the game is good,you will think the game is good.Sometimes it's not your choice.

HoIcon
11-08-2014, 03:50 PM

I thought it was expect the worst then you can only be pleasantly surprised, i guess it doesn't matter
Anyway i'm still excited for Unity, i play AC for the story 1st and gameplay 2nd so i can ignore some of the disappointment floating around and i'm sure i'll still have some fun with the gameplay
Although like Besch i'll have to wait longer so avoiding spoilers is going to just get even more annoying

Pr0metheus 1962
11-08-2014, 03:55 PM
Well when people make you think the game is good,you will think the game is good.Sometimes it's not your choice. It's still your choice. In the words of Brian from Monty Python's Life of Brian, "Don't let anyone tell you what to do". It's never a good thing to be too impressionable. Make up your own mind - don't let others make it up for you.

Dag_B
11-08-2014, 04:00 PM
Not excited.

It began, when the PC system specs came out. According to those I can not play the game. So I will not get it (because I still habe a 500series card with only 1GB vram) and therefore I lost the excitement.
And all the clipping errors and glitches we say in the "First look" yesterday didn't really help, too. This First Look was material where Ubi decided it is good enough to represent the game, not some leaked randomstuff which might be not up-to-date because who knows where the people got their material. If official material, that is supposed to represent the game, is that glitchy that's not really something I get excited about. That alone would've been enough to make me reconsider my preorder.
The overall graphics are totally ok, I do not care for that. I also do not care whether we get 900p, 1080p or even 4k. The game looks good and I am satisfied with that. But the clipping was just too much. It breaks immersion and is every time a little "WTF, did you see that?!" moment. Makes it hard to dive into the game, if they happen that often, at least for me. I am sure there are people out there, who will be ok with Arnos arm clipping through the masses. Depends on your taste and how much you believe that they will fix it later on. :)

I'll wait for some reviews, maybe even look into some Gameplayvideos to see how the game really turned out. At the moment there is still the possibility, that the glitches/clipping error will get resolved by an early patch. Maybe not DayOne but hopefully somewhere soon. And maybe if everything turns out to be ok, I will get it later on.
(And of course I'll also wait for benchmarks but after yesterdays First Look I think the bigger problem would be, that the quality is not enough for me for full price. )

Pr0metheus 1962
11-08-2014, 04:19 PM
Not excited.

It began, when the PC system specs came out. According to those I can not play the game. So I will not get it (because I still habe a 500series card with only 1GB vram) and therefore I lost the excitement.

I used to be a PC gamer, but there came a time when I realized that getting a PC to run all the best games was just too expensive, I never could afford a PC with enough power to run anything at a really nice resolution, and the really good games that came out on PC were just too few and far between and never justified the cost of a PC upgrade.

My advice - buy a console. It's cheaper and you don't ever need to be chasing system specs again. I sometimes miss the simulation games that only come out on the PC, but since I moved to consoles 9 years ago I've probably saved between $5,000 and $10,000.

Also, with a console, you never have to worry about games being incompatible with some piece of hardware and you never have to worry about DRM. The downside is that you can't mod games - and trust me, I was one of the biggest mod makers out there (I made all the "Beery" mods for the Battleground, Red Baron, Silent Hunter and Chessmaster games), so it's a real pain not being able to do that, but giving all that up is worth the peace of mind knowing that a game will at least run on your machine.

SenseHomunculus
11-08-2014, 04:25 PM
I used to be a PC gamer, but there came a time when I realized that getting a PC to run all the best games was just too expensive, I never could afford a PC with enough power to run anything at a really nice resolution, and the really good games that came out on PC were just too few and far between and never justified the cost of a PC upgrade.

My advice - buy a console. It's cheaper and you don't ever need to be chasing system specs again. I sometimes miss the simulation games that only come out on the PC, but since I moved to consoles 9 years ago I've probably saved between $5,000 and $10,000.

This, totally. I was in the same boat. My only upgrades have been jumping to nextgen with a PS4 I picked up a few weeks ago, mostly to play ACU. :rolleyes:

rrebe
11-08-2014, 04:27 PM
I'm still very excited, but I try to stay fairly neutral and open minded because over hyping has never done any good for my gaming experience.

My advice - buy a console. It's cheaper and you don't ever need to be chasing system specs again.

This is kind of what happened to me too, I was mainly a PC gamer before getting a PS4 (I still play both systems, not dropping either one), which I bought because I don't feel like upgrading my PC atm and always worrying how my gaming system can hangle it. Some day I will upgrade it, for sure, I just don't know when.

Dag_B
11-08-2014, 04:39 PM
I think I payed the same (if not a little bit more) for my PS3 since 2007 than I payed in the last three years of PC Gaming. 600€ for first PS3, 200€ because the fat lady went YLoD last year. That was alone 800€ worth of hardware. I also had to get a new controller, when the Dual Shock once came out to use rumble feature. That was another 60€ you might want to count.
And then the games were always a bit more expensive. Especially when it comes to older games PC games can get a lot cheaper than old PS3 games.
The PC I got in 2011 cost me 1025€.
So the difference between 7 years of PS3 hardware and my PC hardware (3 years old) was around 200€. I am sure the more expensive games filled up that gap.
You might say that the second PS3 does not count but I think it does because it was necessary so I could still play. If I would not have bought it I would stand here with nothing. A lot of games I can not play, so I needed a new one. I would have upgraded to a PS4 if it would play the old games but we all know that it does not do this.

I am aware that the PS4 is a lot cheaper (although it's games are even more expensive). My point is: Console gaming is not always cheaper. The last generation was not, especially if you had the bad luck of your console going YLoD or RRoD and the fixes did not work.
And in accounts of upgrading: I would have to upgrade anyways to play Unity. I will have to "upgrade" my PS3 to a PS4 or I have to get a new graphics card (and probably CPU to avoid a bottleneck there). It's not that different. I have to spend money the one way or the other. Although there still is a slight chance, that my PC will play Unity. Sometimes system specs are exaggerated. There is no chance though, that my PS3 will play Unity. :P

Also, a PS4 is at the moment not worth it's money for me. There are very few games on it that would interest me. And my PC is still superduper. I can still play all recent games except Unity. Unity is the first one where I do not meet the minimum requirements at all and as it was already discussed: Those requirements are ridiculous and not something that can be used to estimate how long a PC is usable. It's an outlier, not the norm.

I might get a PS4, but not now. Maybe somewhere in the next two years. Depends on the (console) exclusives that will come out.

cawatrooper9
11-08-2014, 04:40 PM
Three more days! Excited doesn't even begin to describe me right now.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-08-2014, 04:54 PM
I think I payed the same (if not a little bit more) for my PS3 since 2007 than I payed in the last three years of PC Gaming. 600€ for first PS3, 200€ because the fat lady went YLoD last year. That was alone 800€ worth of hardware. I also had to get a new controller, when the Dual Shock once came out to use rumble feature. That was another 60€ you might want to count.
And then the games were always a bit more expensive. Especially when it comes to older games PC games can get a lot cheaper than old PS3 games.

Well, maybe the situation is different in Europe. My experience is that I pretty much only ever buy new games, and when I was buying PC games (pre-2005) the kinds of games I used to buy (simulation games) were always more expensive than console games. Also, I reckoned on spending $1500 to $3000 on a computer every 3-4 years, and even then the machine would need more RAM, a new graphics card or some kind of upgrade within a year or two just to get to minimum specs on the newest games. Then there's the hassle of DRM and compatibility, both of which were nightmares. Since I've switched to consoles, I spent $400 on my Xbox 360, maybe $200 on accessories, then $400 on my new Xbox One - so:

$6000+ on computers between 1992 and 2002 = $600 per year.
$1000 on consoles between 2005 and 2014 = $100 per year (and I only just bought my new console a month ago, so that's $400 that shouldn't really count).

Dome500
11-08-2014, 05:18 PM
The PC I got in 2011 cost me 1025€.
So the difference between 7 years of PS3 hardware and my PC hardware (3 years old) was around 200€. I am sure the more expensive games filled up that gap.
You might say that the second PS3 does not count but I think it does because it was necessary so I could still play. If I would not have bought it I would stand here with nothing. A lot of games I can not play, so I needed a new one. I would have upgraded to a PS4 if it would play the old games but we all know that it does not do this.

I am aware that the PS4 is a lot cheaper (although it's games are even more expensive). My point is: Console gaming is not always cheaper. The last generation was not, especially if you had the bad luck of your console going YLoD or RRoD and the fixes did not work.
And in accounts of upgrading: I would have to upgrade anyways to play Unity. I will have to "upgrade" my PS3 to a PS4 or I have to get a new graphics card (and probably CPU to avoid a bottleneck there). It's not that different. I have to spend money the one way or the other. Although there still is a slight chance, that my PC will play Unity. Sometimes system specs are exaggerated. There is no chance though, that my PS3 will play Unity. :P

Also, a PS4 is at the moment not worth it's money for me. There are very few games on it that would interest me. And my PC is still superduper. I can still play all recent games except Unity. Unity is the first one where I do not meet the minimum requirements at all and as it was already discussed: Those requirements are ridiculous and not something that can be used to estimate how long a PC is usable. It's an outlier, not the norm.

I might get a PS4, but not now. Maybe somewhere in the next two years. Depends on the (console) exclusives that will come out.

Yeah I think the same way in terms of money.
The first PC I had cost me around 800 € and it held for 7 years (in the beginning high/ultra, then later medium and shortly before I bought a new one low settings).
I had a constant graphical quality (since the medium of today is the high of yesterday so to speak) and no problems with most games.
Plus I can use my PC for everything. Watching movies, TV series, Cutting Gameplay videos, uploading, forums, chatting, modding, etc.
Then there are Steam sales where games which are ALREADY normally 10 bucks cheaper than most console games and of which the price decreases way faster over time are reduced by 60 - 80% meaning I get games which cost almost full price for 10 bucks or so and older games for 3 - 5 bucks.

Count that together and in the end you have more games for less money and about the same if not even a cheaper price for the complete package of hardware + games.
Then consider the PCs other functionalities and it's better graphics.

It's just a win win for me.

Upgrading will probably cost me around 650 € (while a PS4 might cost me around 400 €). It's not that much of a difference.
But like I said, to each their own. Consoles have advantages, like cheaper price, used games sales and easier handling.
Therefore they have disadvantages like worst graphics, faster overheating and less multifunctionality and the lack of upgradability.

spending $1500 to $3000 on a computer every 3-4 year

These days, if you choose the right suppliers and hardware you spend around 800 $ (900 max.) for hardware that holds 5 - 6 years, maybe even 7 if you are lucky and clean your PC regularly.

PC cost way less than they used to because of the boom of the mainstream hardware sales and because the companies developed cheaper ways to construct the hardware and save money here and there.

Megas_Doux
11-08-2014, 05:36 PM

Unity, The Witcher 3 and every game from this point forward will be VERY demanding. If you want to play futures games in high or even medium, you will have to upgrade your PC.

mmac900
11-08-2014, 05:38 PM

Also, with a console, you never have to worry about games being incompatible with some piece of hardware and you never have to worry about DRM. The downside is that you can't mod games - and trust me, I was one of the biggest mod makers out there (I made all the "Beery" mods for the Battleground, Red Baron, Silent Hunter and Chessmaster games), so it's a real pain not being able to do that, but giving all that up is worth the peace of mind knowing that a game will at least run on your machine.

Please dont say uninformed stuff like this and then "advice" people to buy a console. You didn't save any money, you spent more. Add up the cost of each game (on PC every game is cheaper, I pay 20-25 for new games for digital downloads as opposed to 50 for consoles), the cost of xbox/psn membership, and the cost of console itself, and pc gaming is way cheaper. I just bought a gtx 970 which will last me at least 2-3 years, and I only paid 150 (sold my old one for 135), so half the cost of console.

I mean if you enjoy subpar graphics and 30fps (not stable either) then by all means play on a console. But you will spend more money in the end.

VitoAuditore
11-08-2014, 05:43 PM
guys, isnt this thread about how excited you are(or not) about the game? not about whats better to play this on :p. if anything I am getting more and more excited for the game.so frikkin jealous of people who already own it :o

mmac900
11-08-2014, 05:46 PM
guys, isnt this thread about how excited you are(or not) about the game? not about whats better to play this on :p. if anything I am getting more and more excited for the game.so frikkin jealous of people who already own it :o

Correct and I am really excited too! I know some people are already being negative nellies about it but I cant wait man.

Addie2
11-08-2014, 06:17 PM
Yes, I am still excitet. But this has been the only ac game I've been questioning before release though. I made a comment on the IGN gameplay video that was an hour long. So I just copy paste it hear.

No day and night cycle?? wtf :( Why can't they do it like watch dogs and have it set on missions. But have it set while in free roam doesn't make any sence. The only good thing it will add is that the light effects will be slightly better. But that's easy to trade for immersion. And also. What kind of assassin works at day ?? And also, almost no backround music :( The citys sounds are very nice though.
Also I was thinking that. Why Is there no rain or different weather? So far in all videos that has come out. It's always a sunny day :(

And also I think the running animation looks a bit monkey-ish :P But maybe it looks more realistic then the other games. I don't watch people run that fast so I don't know, hehe.

Other then that it looks amazing.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-08-2014, 06:22 PM
Please dont say uninformed stuff like this and then "advice" people to buy a console.

Please don't call me uninformed then spell "advise" wrong. If you want to start a battle of wits, you seem a bit poorly armed.

Oh, and also, you don't have a clue what games I buy or what they cost. I have never bought a PC game for $20-$25. I know what I bought. You do not. PC games have gone down in price since I stopped buying them. Why? Probably because the PC is not anywhere near as popular as a gaming platform as it used to be when I was playing games on my computer, 9 years ago, when you were probably still in kindergarten, sonny.

mmac900
11-08-2014, 06:36 PM
Please don't call me uninformed then spell "advise" wrong. If you want to start a battle of wits, you seem a bit poorly armed.

Oh, and also, you don't have a clue what games I buy or what they cost. I have never bought a PC game for $20-$25. I know what I bought. You do not. PC games have gone down in price since I stopped buying them. Why? Probably because the PC is not anywhere near as popular as a gaming platform as it used to be when I was playing games on my computer, 9 years ago, when you were probably still in kindergarten, sonny.

lol?

Battle of wits? Get a grip old man and stop being a spelling nazi, it's an online forum.

Maybe you are not smart enough to buy pc games for that money but some of us are, we are smart enough to find them cheap and legit as well, there are so many cd key websites. You probablly havent even heard of steam sales since you have been away from pc gaming for 9 years but it makes pc gaming dirt cheap.

Also, please stop digging yourself a bigger hole as PC gaming is bigger then console gaming
http://www.forbes.com/sites/marcochiappetta/2014/07/14/the-console-war-is-over-the-pc-already-won/

SenseHomunculus
11-08-2014, 06:48 PM
Three more days! Excited doesn't even begin to describe me right now.

GAAAHHH!!! I know right???? Wife thinks I'm nuts, of course...

SenseHomunculus
11-08-2014, 06:51 PM

Thanks for getting us back on track, conductor!! :D I feel for my foreign-shores brethren who won't be able to play on the 11th!!

Angelus808
11-08-2014, 06:57 PM
game and can not wait for the novels XD

bitebug2003
11-08-2014, 07:02 PM
Stop the bickering please!

Fair warning

Thanks

mellonxcollie
11-08-2014, 07:37 PM
I'm super excited. I bought an XBOX ONE for this game (and Sunset Overdrive). Assassin's Creed is one of my favorite franchises in video games, but beyond that, ever since ACII moved to Italy, I was hoping we'd get one in France, and the French Revolution is the perfect setting for it.

D.I.D.
11-08-2014, 08:29 PM
I am!

I watched one of the IGN streams of a side mission, after seeing regulars claiming the game is now rubbish because of animations or graphics or something. Of course I can't know what the game itself is like until it's in my hands, but I think it looks even better than I expected - a huge step-up from Black Flag, and exactly the kind of game I used to dream of playing one day when I was a kid. I see nothing to complain about at all so far. Now I'm just waiting to see how it plays and how well the missions are designed, and I'm very eager to do so.

D.I.D.
11-08-2014, 08:49 PM
I'm still very excited, but I try to stay fairly neutral and open minded because over hyping has never done any good for my gaming experience.

This is kind of what happened to me too, I was mainly a PC gamer before getting a PS4 (I still play both systems, not dropping either one), which I bought because I don't feel like upgrading my PC atm and always worrying how my gaming system can hangle it. Some day I will upgrade it, for sure, I just don't know when.

A 4GB GTX 770 will stand up for years to come at 1080p, and will give good performance at 1440p in a lot of games today, and if you want to be properly future-proof for a while then a GTX 970 is a better use of your money. The 980 doesn't quite justify its extra cost for the power it gives.

That said, you've got a PS4 so you should stick with that for now, and I'm sure you'll be perfectly happy with it. If you wait a year or two for the GTX1070 or 1170 (or whatever they'll be calling that range of cards) you'll be looking at about 180-220 for a ridiculously competitive card that won't need replacing until the PS4 is beginning to die off (maybe 4-5 years after purchase). I say this because games will stabilise around whatever the PS4 is able to do, so advancements in PC cards will be purely for higher fps in 4K-5K gaming and/or multi-display gaming.

bitebug2003
11-08-2014, 09:20 PM
Please use the edit button rather than double posting

Thank you

Dag_B
11-09-2014, 12:12 AM
Unity, The Witcher 3 and every game from this point forward will be VERY demanding. If you want to play futures games in high or even medium, you will have to upgrade your PC.
I still doubt that other games will be so high that I do not even meet the minimum requirements. But time will tell. At the moment Unity is the only game. I do not need Ultra, high, whatever setting. I will be fine at least a few more month.

But as I said, the other reason why I am not excited is because of the clipping errors and glitches of the First Look-Twitch-Stream. It's really hard to believe that this is the best Ubisoft can pull. For such a event one would guess that they would show the best version with the least errors...

Pr0metheus 1962
11-09-2014, 03:47 AM
For such a event one would guess that they would show the best version with the least errors...

I'm worried that it might well be.

VitoAuditore
11-09-2014, 05:43 AM
you know you're hyped when time slows down >.<... its like waiting for my bday when I was young, minutes feel like hours and days feel like freaking weeks! Mmhhhraaaargh i cant wait!

SenseHomunculus
11-09-2014, 06:07 AM
you know you're hyped when time slows down >.<... its like waiting for my bday when I was young, minutes feel like hours and days feel like freaking weeks! Mmhhhraaaargh i cant wait!

Haha totally!!

LoyalACFan
11-09-2014, 09:40 AM
I'm worried that it might well be.

It seems like it wasn't, to be honest. Third-party leaks look like they're much more stable and less prone to glitching than the IGN stream. Not sure what was going on (maybe the leaks I saw had already installed the patch?) but the IGN stream looked easily the worst. Buggy review copy, maybe?

Dag_B
11-09-2014, 09:47 AM
We can only hope.

Nuartey
11-10-2014, 12:28 AM
Why do you think pre-release worry about a game is about how the game really is? It's not about how good or bad the game actually is. It's about managing expectations.

Yes, I'm excited - too excited, and that's a big problem for me, because all too often too much excitement leads to disappointment. The more bad things I hear about the game, the less excited I become - and that's a good thing. I want to know all the fears, all the nitpicks, everything that could be bad, or as much as possible. Then I want to talk about how bad the game could be and how disappointing what I've seen makes me, because doing so cements in my mind the idea that the game is going to suck. I prefer to go into a game expecting the worst, then if it's not too bad, I'll be happier, and if it's actually good, I'll be really happy.

There are some folks out there who don't work that way. They want to get all hyped up, then they get the game and no matter how bad it is, they're happy to defend it. I think it takes a monumental willingness to see the good in everything to be that way. Maybe those folks are happier, even when they're faced with severely disappointing games. But if I was that way, I wouldn't be a gamer, because the result is often too depressing.

The problem is, my way of managing my expectations tends to make the optimists upset. Perhaps if they knew why folks like me act the way we do, they'd understand and take the pre-release pessimism in their stride a bit more.

So remember - when I (and folks like me) disrespect a game prior to release, it's not about the game, it's about me.

I think you highlight a lot of the subconscious mentality of fans. You want to know all the flaws and negatives going in so that you're prepared which I understand.
I too have to remind myself to not get too hyped every now and then (even if the game looks absolutely fantastic) and focus on the possibility that it could suck.

SenseHomunculus
11-10-2014, 02:56 AM
I think you highlight a lot of the subconscious mentality of fans. You want to know all the flaws and negatives going in so that you're prepared which I understand.
I too have to remind myself to not get too hyped every now and then (even if the game looks absolutely fantastic) and focus on the possibility that it could suck.

I'm really psyched about it but have realistic (but not quite negative) expectations. I'll probably spend the first 4 hours playing it climbing around on Notre Dame cathedral!! The game would REALLY have to suck for me to not like it, like be almost unreleasable bad.

SenseHomunculus
11-10-2014, 02:58 AM
T-minus 28 hours to go!! :p

Megas_Doux
11-10-2014, 03:29 AM
I just watched the prologue again, it is really good!!!!!

It makes me wish for a game set in Medieval Europe.......

ze_topazio
11-10-2014, 03:32 AM

I love the music when the Templar dude is pursuing the Assassin.

SenseHomunculus
11-10-2014, 03:35 AM
MUST... NOT... CLICK... SPOILER.... :p

Megas_Doux
11-10-2014, 03:39 AM
MUST... NOT... CLICK... SPOILER.... :p

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070121101417/uncyclopedia/images/8/80/Hypnotize.gif

Click it, you must click it, for we

http://media.desura.com/images/members/1/706/705709/Dark_Side_has_Cookies_by_TakoroMisashi1.jpg

Namikaze_17
11-10-2014, 03:46 AM

Me too. ^_^

Though I fail to understand why that Assassin was dressed like Altair? Was it because of inspiration or what?

Fatal-Feit
11-10-2014, 03:51 AM
Though I fail to understand why that Assassin was dressed like Altair? Was it because of inspiration or what?

Altair's robe was common during the period. For what it was, it was pretty unique.

Unless I screwed up the timeline.

naumaan
11-10-2014, 03:54 AM
So I haven't been on the forums for a while and decided to check in on the latest buzz on AC: Unity...

What I find is thread after thread expressing disappointment or downright anger over pretty much every aspect of the game before it's even released. Even after reading every post on every one of those threads, I'm still not sure how anyone can make any sort of definitive determination of quality, either good OR bad, until they pop the official release disk into their console and see the game with their own eyes and start mashing buttons.

You'd think for all the angst it had the graphics of E.T. for Atari 2600

http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/entry_photo_images/8295197/et2600Screen_large_large.jpg

and the gameplayof Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing.

I'm being a little snarky, of course, but is there anyone out there who's still gonna be lining up at midnight on Monday to get Unity into hot little hands like I am and play until the wee hours of the morning?? "*cough* *cough* yeah, I won't be in the office today, boss, I didn't sleep a wink last night!" :p

I saw what you did there mate .. :rolleyes:

Megas_Doux
11-10-2014, 03:54 AM
Me too. ^_^

I have two possible answers for you:

1 Still medieval times.

or

2 Lazyness, lack of time and/or ideas :p

When some of the suff leaked, I thought it was a homage to Altair and that infamous "black assassin" patch.

SenseHomunculus
11-10-2014, 03:57 AM
I saw what you did there mate .. :rolleyes:

:)

Namikaze_17
11-10-2014, 04:29 AM
Altair's robe was common during the period. For what it was, it was pretty unique.

Unless I screwed up the timeline.

Well, that prologue happened in 1307. Altair died in 1257. So I guess it was unique as you said.

I have two possible answers for you:

1 Still medieval times.

or

2 Lazyness, lack of time and/or ideas :p

When some of the suff leaked, I thought it was a homage to Altair and that infamous "black assassin" patch.

Probably a mix of 1 & 2. I also thought it was a homage as well with the black & red like the others.