PDA

View Full Version : Leader Board Time vs Local Time Difference

Overkill369
11-07-2014, 11:44 PM
Has anyone else noticed a problem with time differences between the leader board and local? I have at least two tracks that the local time is slower than is registered on the leader board. The times on the leader board for one track are fast enough that I'd platinum on it, but the local time is only good enough for gold.

On Sewage Treatment, the local time is 0:22.574 with 0 faults and the leader board has 0:22.266 with 0 faults. Platinum on the track is 0:22.400 with 0 faults.

I have screen shots of this, but I don't have access to upload it to a server to link it in from my phone at the moment.

xitooner
11-08-2014, 12:08 AM
I've seen weird stuff like this happen, from time to time, especially if you use multiple devices with the same Uplay ID (if you do that yo need to keep good track of whats going on). The personal info (local times and medals, cins/gems, upgrades, etc) are stored in one place on the RL servers (thats how you can always blow away your game and then get back all your progress via Uplay). But the track leaderboards and the global leaderboard are stored separately from that; its shared across everyone. All you have to do to get the scenario you see is to:

1) Get a better score on your device and have that time stored on the track leaderboard.
2) Somehow lose your latest progress and go back to a slightly earlier version of your personal info, where you hadnt made that score yet. (Perhaps you asked the game to "download from server"?) At that point your medal and personal times would appear to behind what the track leaderboard says.

Overkill369
11-08-2014, 04:46 AM
I've seen weird stuff like this happen, from time to time, especially if you use multiple devices with the same Uplay ID (if you do that yo need to keep good track of whats going on). The personal info (local times and medals, cins/gems, upgrades, etc) are stored in one place on the RL servers (thats how you can always blow away your game and then get back all your progress via Uplay). But the track leaderboards and the global leaderboard are stored separately from that; its shared across everyone. All you have to do to get the scenario you see is to:

1) Get a better score on your device and have that time stored on the track leaderboard.
2) Somehow lose your latest progress and go back to a slightly earlier version of your personal info, where you hadnt made that score yet. (Perhaps you asked the game to "download from server"?) At that point your medal and personal times would appear to behind what the track leaderboard says.

Option 2 is probably what it is. I had to take older versions of my saved game because I was working with support on getting a bundle I purchased. It makes sense now. Thanks.