PDA

View Full Version : Farcry 4 not showing up in my library

abomb81
11-07-2014, 01:54 PM
So i did the "pick your path" Nvidia promo and went though all the steps but the game is not showing up in uplay library?

Flanker1Six
11-07-2014, 04:07 PM
Not familiar with the promo you refer to, but I wouldn't think FC4 would show up in your library until AFTER you've DLed and installed it at least once. Even with the promo you refer to it's not available for DL yet is it?

Bahjabroni
11-07-2014, 07:58 PM
So i did the "pick your path" Nvidia promo and went though all the steps but the game is not showing up in uplay library?

Don't worry about it. I am in the same boat as you (same promo/same game). I've done NVidia promos with Uplay before and the game typically shows up in library 1 of 3 ways.

- Within a few days of release it appears. This means within a week of release.
- On the day of release your order will get updated with a key (in Order History via My Account). You plug that into uPlay to redeem and the game is added. It also is emailed, but sometimes that is slow, so check Order History regularly on release day if still waiting. I don't know if this game will have a midnight release typically uPlay doesn't do midnights (12am PST is Uplay time) so it may be until 11/18 afternoon before you can download it.
- On the day of release the game appears in library.

Again don't worry if its not in there now (its not in mine either). Its still over a week til release.

As long as the order history shows your "purchase" (it will say "Submitted" until the game is released then it will say "Completed") you have no reason to worry.

Not familiar with the promo you refer to, but I wouldn't think FC4 would show up in your library until AFTER you've DLed and installed it at least once. Even with the promo you refer to it's not available for DL yet is it?

What? You cant even download any game until its in library. Regardless, its not a big deal. Uplay isnt like Steam in that things are auto'ed into the library right away.

Agent.21hz
11-08-2014, 12:01 AM
I did the nvidia promo too and chose far cry 4 and I cannot see far cry 4 in my library but I can see assassins creed 4... Guess we'll have to see closer to release.

Bahjabroni
11-08-2014, 12:53 AM
I did the nvidia promo too and chose far cry 4 and I cannot see far cry 4 in my library but I can see assassins creed 4... Guess we'll have to see closer to release.

Assassins Creed Unity I assume you mean (4 was out last year). That's out in 4 days. Far Cry isn't out for another 11. I would expect Far Cry 4 to be in our libraries this time next week, but even if it isn't, the key will be delivered by release time at the latest.

ES-Ulukai
11-08-2014, 02:02 PM
The game will appears on release date.

abomb81
11-09-2014, 03:30 PM
so no preload then?

Flanker1Six
11-09-2014, 03:49 PM
so no preload then?

Correct.

Bahjabroni
11-10-2014, 12:40 AM
so no preload then?

Unknown yet. Unity is the first uPlay title to have preload for its customers. It starts the day before release (Nov 10th) for Europe, Middle East, and Asia. The Crew has been confirmed as the first uPlay title to be preloadable for everyone. This one is in between those.

Its not known yet whether or not this game will be preloadable on uPlay. Its still too far out from release to really know. I wouldnt count on one based on past experience, but it may be different now. Can only wait until closer to release and see if it shows in your library prior. If you did the Pick Your Path Promo for it, I would doubt it unless it goes into library before release. If we're waiting for the key to be added, its pretty much a no.

wowsers54
11-10-2014, 02:54 AM
Same problem here (or no problem if it's the way it work) but I don't like when things go that way. Hope I get the game in my library soon.

**Edit**
I just checked my order summary and the are contradictions. Probably an error from there part but this is what is written...

"Access to the full game will be available from November 18, 2014" O.K. This make sense, but right on the bottom there is this sentence highlighted in red.

"This order will be shipped after the release date of 31/12/2014 for Far Cry® 4."

So, this is very weird and confusing. I have send a request for clarification to ubisoft support and will wait and see if I get something from them.:confused:

Bahjabroni
11-10-2014, 03:53 AM
Ignore the 12/31 thing. That is a placeholder that has been in uPlay pre-orders for as long as I can remember. They've just never fixed it.

Far Cry should be in our libraries once we're within a week of release. Even if its not dont worry. We'll have it on release day at the latest.

wowsers54
11-10-2014, 02:14 PM
Ignore the 12/31 thing. That is a placeholder that has been in uPlay pre-orders for as long as I can remember. They've just never fixed it.

Far Cry should be in our libraries once we're within a week of release. Even if its not dont worry. We'll have it on release day at the latest.

Thank you for telling me that. I'm still fairly new to uplay and you obviously have more experience than me on the matter.

Bahjabroni
11-13-2014, 08:26 AM
Thank you for telling me that. I'm still fairly new to uplay and you obviously have more experience than me on the matter.

No problem. The only thing you need to be concerned with is if your Order History changes before release. It almost certainly will not. It changes to "Completed" once the game is released and will not change sooner, even if it pops into the inventory prior.

Just a note: They're supposedly (dont ask for a source, I cant find it now) allowing a worldwide pre-load for this game, unlike Unity which was region specific preloads. However, they haven't been treating Pick Your Path "purchases" as pre-orders. I don't know if that (pre-load) will be possible for this game if Pick Your Path is the purchase method. But again, don't worry if the game is not in library even then. At the very worst case scenario, it will show up very shortly (minutes) after release. If the pre-load is possible for Pick Your Path, I'd expect it to pop into inventory around Sun if the Unity timeframe (3 days) is used as a model, but Id also not be surprised if it was Monday.

UbiVolfbane
11-13-2014, 07:59 PM
Hey all,

If you have any questions or concerns regarding the order, please contact our Uplayshop team via "my questions" here:
As mentioned before, the game should appear under your Uplay library during the day of release. If you don't find it during the release, please contact us directly so we can resolve it as soon as possible. You can do so via "my questions": https://support.ubi.com.

wowsers54
11-13-2014, 11:55 PM
Hey all,

If you have any questions or concerns regarding the order, please contact our Uplayshop team via "my questions" here:
As mentioned before, the game should appear under your Uplay library during the day of release. If you don't find it during the release, please contact us directly so we can resolve it as soon as possible. You can do so via "my questions": https://support.ubi.com.

I did contact you the moment that I saw that it didn't show in my library. That was Sunday November 9. I am still waiting for an answer from you guys.:confused:

Bahjabroni
11-14-2014, 09:12 PM
Just to add to this

I did the Pick Your Path promo for this game and it popped into my library today as a pre-ordered title with full preload capabilities. I imagine this will be across the board for PYP. I don't know how it will act if you redeem now (I redeemed over a week ago), but it is there for me at the moment. I'm in the US and am unsure if region matters in this respect.

wowsers54
11-14-2014, 11:10 PM
It popped in my uplay this afternoon and it is already fully downloaded as I type this. Took 2 hours. Now I can't wait for the 18.

J_Darcy
11-15-2014, 01:54 AM
Well I got an email today from the Ubi Shop Team @ 6:06pm GMT, quoted below:

"Thank you for pre-ordering Far Cry® 4. We are happy to announce you are now able to preload your game. To pre-load your game, please follow the 3 quick steps below:

1. Make sure you have the Uplay PC launcher - if not download it here: http://uplay.ubi.com/
2. Open Uplay PC launcher and select the game in your library.
3. Click on “Preload”. If preloading is not yet available, the page will inform you of when it will be.
You are one step closer to playing the game the second it launches: November 18th at 0:00am CET.

Sincerely,
The Uplay Shop team"

When I open Uplay (& restart it a few times), why am I not surprised that the game doesn't appear in my library & cannot be pre-loaded as they say in the email.

Honestly, I don't know why they bother sometimes

#Note, I pre-ordered in the UK

wowsers54
11-15-2014, 03:56 AM
I never got an email from them. Just thought I'd check for fun and there it was waiting for me to start the download. I'm ready for the 18.:p

Bahjabroni
11-15-2014, 03:57 AM
I never got an email from them. Just thought I'd check for fun and there it was waiting for me to start the download. I'm ready for the 18.:p

Yeah, same. I did not get that email, but the game did pop into my library.

mrbothered
11-16-2014, 11:20 AM
I'm in the same position. I got an email from them saying I could pre-load but it isn't in my library, so no, I can't. I have had so much messing about with this, trying to make some sense of what is happening and/or find some information. I am getting this through Nvidia but I will probably never get anything from ubisoft again. What a mess of a company. I have jumped through so many hoops, even the web site is using some sort of 'lite' version. At least Steam works. Far cry 4 needs to unbelievably good to make up for this debacle.:mad:

Dreddpool82
11-16-2014, 12:50 PM
Mine in my library, I just can't download it due to "Uplay is unable to start your download. check that you have an active internet connection and sufficient space on your hard drive and try again" error message, I have an active internet connection as I logged in and activate the game and is hows in my games list. and i have 800gb of free HDD space.
so there is a major server problem.