PDA

View Full Version : AC4, paid for DLC but no email sent for key code

izzyeckerslike
11-07-2014, 10:19 AM
Whilst waiting for new games to arrive i thought I'd get some DLC for AC4 Black flag, I paid for the Illustrious pirates pack via paypal yesterday & it shows that I own it in the list of DLC available but I have not been sent the key code so can't activate it.

YazX_
11-07-2014, 10:39 AM
if you bought it from UPlay, the DLC will be automatically activated under your account and also check in UPlay client , press the icon next to minimize button ---> Account Information, you will find all games and related keys.

izzyeckerslike
11-07-2014, 11:04 AM
if you bought it from UPlay, the DLC will be automatically activated under your account and also check in UPlay client , press the icon next to minimize button ---> Account Information, you will find all games and related keys.

The key is not there in the list, & it's not downloaded anything either, when I made the Paypal payment it said the key would be emailed within 30 minutes or words to that effect, 2 other AC4 DLC I got from Amazon are in the list as the key came immediately

Anykeyer
11-07-2014, 12:26 PM
it shows that I own it in the list of DLC available but I have not been sent the key code so can't activate it.

Most games/dlcs are automatically activated if you buy from Uplay shop. Check in game itself, it should be there already.

YazX_
11-07-2014, 01:27 PM
if you cannot find it in the game nor in UPlay, then please contact Ubisoft support, link is in my sign.

izzyeckerslike
11-07-2014, 02:18 PM
if you cannot find it in the game nor in UPlay, then please contact Ubisoft support, link is in my sign.

I think the fact that nothing downloaded is indicative that it's not on my game files as the content I ordered would not be inbuilt into the game files, also , would i not have a key code given for that DLC regardless of where I ordered it from?
i did contact support but could be days before I get a reply

YazX_
11-07-2014, 02:35 PM
I think the fact that nothing downloaded is indicative that it's not on my game files as the content I ordered would not be inbuilt into the game files, also , would i not have a key code given for that DLC regardless of where I ordered it from?
i did contact support but could be days before I get a reply

Some contents will be within your game files and just need unlocking by entering the code, anyway, i'm sorry but no one can help you except support in this matter.

izzyeckerslike
11-07-2014, 02:46 PM
Some contents will be within your game files and just need unlocking by entering the code, anyway, i'm sorry but no one can help you except support in this matter.

thanks for your reply, as you say yourself I do need a key code, I'll wait & see what support says & I'm sure they can see no code has been allocated to my account, or if it has then they can resend it

YazX_
11-07-2014, 02:47 PM
thanks for your reply, as you say yourself I do need a key code, I'll wait & see what support says & I'm sure they can see no code has been allocated to my account, or if it has then they can resend it

it just crossed my mind now, have you tried to go to "My Orders" within Ubishop and open that order? do you see serial number? if yes then thats the code.

izzyeckerslike
11-07-2014, 03:43 PM
it just crossed my mind now, have you tried to go to "My Orders" within Ubishop and open that order? do you see serial number? if yes then thats the code.
where it says 'look up my current & previous orders' I have to type in an order number which I don't have, the only proof i have of the order is the Paypal receipt

Anykeyer
11-07-2014, 04:00 PM
It would be much easier if you just ran that stupid game and checked if the content is already there.
Most DLCs are actually built-in or were added to base files with patches. So they dont need to be downloaded after unlocking. The only exception is Freedom Cry, Uplay prompts to download extra files the next time you launch AC4 after unlocking FC.

izzyeckerslike
11-07-2014, 04:50 PM
I ordered Illustrious pirates DLC & that contains several new maps so maybe a download is required for this one

Anykeyer
11-07-2014, 04:55 PM
No

YazX_
11-07-2014, 05:15 PM
where it says 'look up my current & previous orders' I have to type in an order number which I don't have, the only proof i have of the order is the Paypal receipt

did you buy it from Ubishop?

izzyeckerslike
11-07-2014, 05:38 PM
did you buy it from Ubishop?

I did,if all the DLC have their own key then I need one for this & after I made the payment it said i would get an email with the unlock key

Anykeyer
11-07-2014, 05:51 PM
I give up

[Meme Removed]

YazX_
11-07-2014, 06:09 PM
Since you bought it from ubishop:

1. Go to http://www.ubishop.com
2. log in and choose account settings at the top right corner.
3. Select Order history, there will find all orders.
4. Click on the order that you didnt receive the key for.
5.Scroll down until you see the serial number, thats your key.

izzyeckerslike
11-07-2014, 06:29 PM
I've just had an email from CS, they can find no record of my order although the paypal transaction was made to Ubisoft & i sent them a scan of the receipt , they are looking into it further

izzyeckerslike
11-07-2014, 06:36 PM
Even more bizarre is that if I browse the DLC available in shop it shows I own illustrious pirates although it's not in my game & not listed in order history,& Ubisoft claim that if I own it then I didn't buy it from their shop even though I paid them for it,LOLhttp://i60.tinypic.com/2l2fd3.jpg

izzyeckerslike
11-07-2014, 08:14 PM
looks like it's a bug caused by ordering whilst the game is running & selecting 'additional content' & then shop & selecting 'purchase now' from the ingame screen, it doesn't load a full webpage or the usual Ubisoft shop but just displays the DLC which you then select, it obviously loads a webpage when you go to pay but somehow the payment goes through but the order does not

Anykeyer
11-07-2014, 09:04 PM
https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/FAQ.aspx?platformid=9&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000eayyCAA
scroll down to "where can i find my content in game" and check if you have anything of this
you have to be in an open sea for islands to be visible on your map (a small glitch)

izzyeckerslike
11-07-2014, 10:14 PM
https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/FAQ.aspx?platformid=9&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000eayyCAA
scroll down to "where can i find my content in game" and check if you have anything of this
you have to be in an open sea for islands to be visible on your map (a small glitch)

No extra islands,no extra equipment nothing is different as it's not been unlocked, i need to wait for further info from CS as to what happened to my order as they can find no trace of it as yet, I had Paypal resolution centre send an email to Ubisoft so they can see it's not someone trying a scam

YazX_
11-07-2014, 10:48 PM
No extra islands,no extra equipment nothing is different as it's not been unlocked, i need to wait for further info from CS as to what happened to my order as they can find no trace of it as yet, I had Paypal resolution centre send an email to Ubisoft so they can see it's not someone trying a scam

most probably something went wrong with order and as you supplied all necessary info including proof of purchase, most likely they will send you a key or place an order on your behalf, just follow up with them and it will be resolved shortly.

izzyeckerslike
11-13-2014, 10:52 PM
Still not resolved, after several replies Ubisoft can find no trace of my order & although i gave them the PaypaI transaction number & scan of the receipt I have heard no more so have activated a Paypal dispute to get an automatic refund if Ubisoft don't reply as I'm sure they won't

TheAlmightyHam
11-14-2014, 04:50 AM
Just to say I have just had the exact same issue.

Paid using the In-game store, i have the paypal receipt in my inbox, received no email with my key, and my order history is empty.
In game it says Illustrious Pirates is purchased, however no new outfits nor map locations have appeared (yes i've check while at open sea as well).
I've opened a ticket with customer support, so we will see how that goes.

izzyeckerslike
11-14-2014, 10:55 AM
Just to say I have just had the exact same issue.

Paid using the In-game store, i have the paypal receipt in my inbox, received no email with my key, and my order history is empty.
In game it says Illustrious Pirates is purchased, however no new outfits nor map locations have appeared (yes i've check while at open sea as well).
I've opened a ticket with customer support, so we will see how that goes.

Well best of luck because CS has not responded after the initial conversatons where it was passed to another department, I would suggest you open a Paypal dispute straight away as I have now done so that Paypal will send Ubisoft a message which will confirm to them that your claim is genuine & if they don't respond within 10 days you get an automatic refund

izzyeckerslike
11-25-2014, 11:25 AM
I got the refund from Paypal & then ordered the DLC direct from Ubisoft shop where it worked correctly, wish I hadn't bothered however as the extra content is not worth it