PDA

View Full Version : Exhausted with Faulty product: Critical Error -- General protectionn fault

XyZspineZyX
02-26-2003, 05:03 AM
Does this sound like something new? I have no clue, but why would I send a error message to another company (epic) when it is ubi that needs to take responsiblity for their faulty programming. I am feed up to sit for hours trying to figure it out, when I could get paid by the company to try to fix it. Or at least let the customers know whats up, and let us know that they are working on it. I want my money back for the time I have spend with a faulty product. THey game will not start up and I have no clue what problem it has. I have gone back a half year in the restoration process of my PC and I have tilted the settingm yet no change same message appears everytime I start the game. SHAME ON YOU TO RELEASE SOMETHING THAT NEVER HAVE BEEN TESTED APPROPRIATELY!!! I will return this copy of the game tomorrow and I will get my money back!

Critical Error:

General protection fault!

History: FD3DTexture::Cache <- UD3DRenderDevice::CacheTexture <- UD3DRenderDevice::PrimeResources <- UD3DRenderDevice::SetRes <- UWindowsViewport::TryRenderDevice <- UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

XyZspineZyX
02-26-2003, 05:03 AM
Does this sound like something new? I have no clue, but why would I send a error message to another company (epic) when it is ubi that needs to take responsiblity for their faulty programming. I am feed up to sit for hours trying to figure it out, when I could get paid by the company to try to fix it. Or at least let the customers know whats up, and let us know that they are working on it. I want my money back for the time I have spend with a faulty product. THey game will not start up and I have no clue what problem it has. I have gone back a half year in the restoration process of my PC and I have tilted the settingm yet no change same message appears everytime I start the game. SHAME ON YOU TO RELEASE SOMETHING THAT NEVER HAVE BEEN TESTED APPROPRIATELY!!! I will return this copy of the game tomorrow and I will get my money back!

Critical Error:

General protection fault!

History: FD3DTexture::Cache <- UD3DRenderDevice::CacheTexture <- UD3DRenderDevice::PrimeResources <- UD3DRenderDevice::SetRes <- UWindowsViewport::TryRenderDevice <- UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

XyZspineZyX
02-26-2003, 05:22 AM
I feel you pain and join the club.

XyZspineZyX
02-26-2003, 05:26 PM
I have the exact same problem, with the exact same GPF. I just bought a Dell last May with;

P4, 1.7GHZ
64 MB GeForce2 MX\MX400 video card
512 MB DRAM

Now UBI's support guy says I have to download a 16 MB driver update. I'm still on a phone line so that's not going to happen. They take us for idiots, don't they!

I waited months for this release. I'm taking it back to the store today and will not buy anymore software from a company that is so incompetent!!!

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 09:23 PM
iv got the same problem aswell i got a new computer 2 weeks ago and it dont work, mine doesent even say what wrong with it and just says general protection fault history:
its just blank where it says history.

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 10:21 PM
I've got to have your dxdiags.

My system:

AMD XP 3000+ @ 2.23Ghz
1 gig of Corsair DDR PC2700 RAM @354Mhz
Radeon 9800 Pro video w/TV out core @434, mem @720
Windows XP SP 1
Microsoft Directx 9.0b
Antec TruePower TrueBlue True480 PSU
16x Antec DVD drive
24x10x40 Plexwriter CD-RW
1 Westerndigital 40 gig harddrive, master
1 Westerndigital 100 gig hdd, slave
Asus A7V600 VIA KT600 mainboard, 4-in-1 4.48
Thermaltake Aquarius II liquid cooling system
Additional PC version help:

http://scmod.splintercellsource.com

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2003, 04:45 AM
Uhh i have the same problem with Gnereal Protection Fault:
History:

With blank after that

Now whats a dxdiags and how do i bring it up in xp, im just new to the gaming scene

Thanks

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2003, 05:01 AM
There is a thread on dxdiags on this forum. The title is highlighted in red.

My system:

AMD XP 3000+ @ 2.23Ghz
1 gig of Corsair DDR PC2700 RAM @354Mhz
Radeon 9800 Pro video w/TV out core @434, mem @720
Windows XP SP 1
Microsoft Directx 9.0b
Antec TruePower TrueBlue True480 PSU
16x Antec DVD drive
24x10x40 Plexwriter CD-RW
1 Westerndigital 40 gig harddrive, master
1 Westerndigital 100 gig hdd, slave
Asus A7V600 VIA KT600 mainboard, 4-in-1 4.48