PDA

View Full Version : Is my Steam Pre-Order intactt?

PhenomMasaki
11-07-2014, 02:37 AM
I pre ordered the minute it went on sale on Steam (US)

Is it still going to be honored and on November 18th?

lulhaar
11-07-2014, 11:48 AM
have pre-ordered FAR CRY 4 on steam and it is still availabe in my games library.

Question:
1) Will I be able to install and play the game via Steam
2) and if so, will I also keep getting updates for the game
3) and will I be able to play with all gamers online even those on UbiPlay?

King_of_Classy
11-07-2014, 06:47 PM
Steam will launch the uplay client and give you a CD key, that's all. That means you get the same experience as everyone else, which won't be very good.

Bahjabroni
11-07-2014, 08:18 PM
have pre-ordered FAR CRY 4 on steam and it is still availabe in my games library.

Question:
1) Will I be able to install and play the game via Steam
2) and if so, will I also keep getting updates for the game
3) and will I be able to play with all gamers online even those on UbiPlay?

You probably posted this before the game reappeared on Steam, but thats understandable.

1) Yes. However, as with the majority of Ubisoft releases on Steam nowadays, you will get a key from Steam when you go to launch the game (it will be in a box with a copy button) and Steam will launch uPlay. You plug the key Steam gives you (and you wont get it until the game is released) into uPlay then the game can be played. There is no way around this.

2) Yes. This is the biggest advantage right now IMO to a Steam version and in some ways I think its the only advantage asides from pre-loading, although uPlay is starting to get into pre-loading based on region (i.e. Unity is preloadable on uPlay for certain regions, it isnt for others). Steam versions get the updates pushed via Steam.

3) Yes. Since every Steam player of this game is also a uPlay player by force, there's no cross platforming needed. This is not a Steamworks title in any respect.