PDA

View Full Version : Leaning towards canceling pre-order...

JamesMckenna817
11-06-2014, 06:04 AM
I played Far Cry 1 and 2 on my xbox (RIP POS xbox) and enjoyed them and tooling around with the map editor a bit.

I was going to finally buy FarCry 3 but then saw Far Cry 4 was coming out. Looked up some of the media and was hooked. Liked it all. The clips with Pagan Min clinched it (is it Troy Barker? Have read conflicting reports on the voice actor).

Went ahead and pre-ordered through a large online retailer and got automatically "upgraded" to limited edition with a retailer specific gun.

So that left me with combing the internet and trying to find as much info as I could about the game. Found some playthroughs on youtube, typical game sites fluff,some more videos and that...was it.

Surely the official forums have tons of info? I mean they are releasing a game soon so you'd think there would be tons of info here.

Nope.

It really is abysmal.

My main reasons for cancelling (in no particular order)

1. Forums have no information and what is provided is vague and late. I am assuming someone above the mods paygrade are dictating all this which frustrates the mods and forum members. Stuff should break here FIRST (or at least simultaneously as official stuff) as all these people took the time to join this forum and talk about and anticipate this game. I will concede that yes-there will always be complainers,those you just cannot please and fanbois (this is true everywhere) but it does seem Ubi is pretty flippant towards the long time fans and forum members here. Almost like the official forums on the official site are an afterthought. Kind of backwards don't you think?

2. Prior games had some issues and the dreaded Uplay: SC:BL made my machine run HOT. This was after I had to screw around with the setting to prevent huge lag/fps and crashing. The game was alright. Multiplayer kind of sucked a bit and Uplay was horrid. Sorry Ubi-you will not beat Steam or other similar services with UPlay and are just annoying everyone with forcing them to have it.

3. Multiplayer issue. Now I am not as hardcore towards FC multiplayer as many on here. I have other games for that aspect and consider it a bonus or icing on the cake provided the SP game is awesome. However reading through the FC4 posts and then the FC3 posts I will say I think they have a point especially in regards to the map editor. The 5 x5 does seem a bit odd and like a step backwards as well. I cannot fault a company for innovating (I hope this is the case) but it would be wiser to also keep the tried and true (if it ain't broke don't fix it) right along side the new stuff. Why not have TDM,etc as well as the new modes? Win win.

4. Support- I had an issue with SC:BL before I went online and read until I found the solution. Ubi did not do jack except reply with a boilerplate message. That incident coupled with what little news and support are on the forums does not bode well or give me a warm fuzzy feeling. What if the patch Ubi rolls out (and oh yes...there will be patches) is problematic? How long until THAT is fixed. And then the next....and the next....I can see it now-thousands of angry players with a non-functioning game being told a solution is "Coming soon..."

I really did not want to come here and poop all over the game and site. I was really excited about Far Cry 4 but that is no longer the case. I will more than likely cancel my pre-order and maybe pick it up in a few months with ALL the dlc Ubi is offering all over the place with all the different retailers.

mambonuts60
11-06-2014, 11:55 AM
Yes, you've summed it up pretty well!
That's Ubisoft's way of doing business. Nothing much more to say about that.

Also released on the same day is GTAV.
Many players weren't going to pick it up after most people had played it already.
After the release of the latest information, many people are now putting in pre-orders immediately!
Rockstar is synonymous with quality and content. They have gone over and above to re-create GTAV for 'next gen'.
This is very evident in the article below. The game has pretty much been re-written.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/11/05/grand-theft-auto-5-leaping-the-generation-gap?watch=true

Allare123
11-06-2014, 12:37 PM
FAR CRY 4 Will be the best Far Cry ever....stop behaving like a kid. .

http://cdn3.pulptastic.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/funny-kid-crying-toy-ball.jpg

CRYPTO196
11-06-2014, 12:45 PM
Don't care about you and don't care about anybody else.I'm going to get this game day one and I'm going to have a lot of fun playing it for a long time.I will explore Kyrat and having a blast shooting enemies,planting C4 on elephants,killing honey badgers,taking fortresses,liberating outposts,looking for collectibles,doing sidequest,killing a rhino with a throwing knife,see if I'm able to catch me some demon fish with a bow.Man am I in for a treat.Can't wait for November 18!

Allare123
11-06-2014, 01:33 PM
Don't care about you and don't care about anybody else.I'm going to get this game day one and I'm going to have a lot of fun playing it for a long time.I will explore Kyrat and having a blast shooting enemies,planting C4 on elephants,killing honey badgers,taking fortresses,liberating outposts,looking for collectibles,doing sidequest,killing a rhino with a throwing knife,see if I'm able to catch me some demon fish with a bow.Man am I in for a treat.Can't wait for November 18!

I agree with you 100%

The helicopter...kicking...sticking C4 on a goat and after an eagle catch it....making it explose In the sky....avalanches...etc

http://www.babies-and-sign-language.com/images/crying_baby_interpret.jpg

legacyzero
11-06-2014, 03:15 PM
I agree, OP.

It's unfortunate that you have posters like Allare123 that seems to be blind, or doesn't care about Ubisofts mistreatment. I'm willing to bet he didn't even read your whole post. I did, and it's a perfect example of how Ubi doesn't have any interest in you or anything you have to say/ questions you have to ask. They just want your dollar, and once they'd gotten it, and you're displeased somehow, it's a cycle of half-hearted apologies, and "Please buy our next game".

You're not the only one, OP. Jim Sterling has been a voice against Ubisoft for a while now, pointing out all of Ubi's mistreatments. A perfect example is here:

A Cycle of Perpetration and Apology: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/9516-EA-Ubisoft-A-Cycle-of-Perpetration-and-Apology

JedMosley81
11-06-2014, 04:41 PM
In all honesty, with all the disappointment with the MP details, i'm STILL gonna pick FC4 up on day one. The single player will be amazing, and it would be a mistake not to buy it
The single player will give me at most 60 hrs of gameplay (replaying it once) a good MP would add another 1000 hrs over the next few years..so i really hope it's decent..
fingers crossed

JamesMckenna817
11-06-2014, 04:42 PM

Never asked you to care but thank you for that information. Hope you enjoy the game. Seriously.

My post was for those like myself that have buyer remorse or who may be looking into pre-orders as well as general venting.

JamesMckenna817
11-06-2014, 04:44 PM
FAR CRY 4 Will be the best Far Cry ever....stop behaving like a kid. .

http://cdn3.pulptastic.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/funny-kid-crying-toy-ball.jpg

Wow. A 12 year old threw up a meme in response to a post that insulted no one. How original.

JamesMckenna817
11-06-2014, 04:45 PM
I agree with you 100%

The helicopter...kicking...sticking C4 on a goat and after an eagle catch it....making it explose In the sky....avalanches...etc

http://www.babies-and-sign-language.com/images/crying_baby_interpret.jpg

Allare. Shhhhh...be quiet. Adults are talking.

JamesMckenna817
11-06-2014, 04:47 PM
Yes, you've summed it up pretty well!
That's Ubisoft's way of doing business. Nothing much more to say about that.

Also released on the same day is GTAV.
Many players weren't going to pick it up after most people had played it already.
After the release of the latest information, many people are now putting in pre-orders immediately!
Rockstar is synonymous with quality and content. They have gone over and above to re-create GTAV for 'next gen'.
This is very evident in the article below. The game has pretty much been re-written.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/11/05/grand-theft-auto-5-leaping-the-generation-gap?watch=true

Thanks for that article. It was very interesting. Rockstar puts out a great product.

legacyzero
11-06-2014, 04:49 PM
Never asked you to care but thank you for that information. Hope you enjoy the game. Seriously.

My post was for those like myself that have buyer remorse or who may be looking into pre-orders as well as general venting.

Nothing says "Buyers Remorse" quite like spending a full week making a multiplayer map, only for it to get zero exposure due to the horrible matchmaking in FC3. And when asked if they have fixed that, Ubi simply says nothing.

JamesMckenna817
11-06-2014, 04:54 PM
I agree, OP.

It's unfortunate that you have posters like Allare123 that seems to be blind, or doesn't care about Ubisofts mistreatment. I'm willing to bet he didn't even read your whole post. I did, and it's a perfect example of how Ubi doesn't have any interest in you or anything you have to say/ questions you have to ask. They just want your dollar, and once they'd gotten it, and you're displeased somehow, it's a cycle of half-hearted apologies, and "Please buy our next game".

You're not the only one, OP. Jim Sterling has been a voice against Ubisoft for a while now, pointing out all of Ubi's mistreatments. A perfect example is here:

A Cycle of Perpetration and Apology: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/9516-EA-Ubisoft-A-Cycle-of-Perpetration-and-Apology

Thanks! I was a bit surprised how fast a fanboi or two found my thread.

Yes you are correct about Ubi just wanting the dollar.even now on this site you can go to SC:BL for instance and people are having issues with the game crashing when they login to uplay. One of the same issues I had with the game that still has not been fixed almost a year later.

I am going to checkout that link you sent.

xMiiSTY
11-06-2014, 04:55 PM
Closing this thread to prevent further flaming on the subject.

Thank you for your understanding.