PDA

View Full Version : Games You Would Like To Be Ported To New-Gen Consoles

playlisting
11-06-2014, 02:30 AM
I've been playing a few older games recently, and I've had a lot of fun. More fun than I've had with some of the more modern releases. What are some older games by Ubisoft you would like to see on PS4/XBO?

My 3:

1. Assassin's Creed 1, 2 & 3. Brotherhood and Revelations need not be ported as they are more to do with Ezio's story rather than Assassins v Templars. It would be good to have all core ACs on one gen.

2. Rainbow 6: Vegas 1 & 2. I'm replaying 2 at the moment and am having a damn good time. Just a shame that the field of view is so low, as it could have been even more fun if I could see more than 55 degrees around. If Ubi were to revamp the graphics and so on, a field of view slider is 100% necessary for those that get motion sick and it's nice to have for those of us that just enjoy a wider field of view.

3. Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. It's touted as the pinnacle of the series, and rightly so. This was back when Ubi seemed to be more focused on evolution as opposed to revolution. They had taken the ideas from the past Splinter Cells and fine tuned everything up to a point where the game was practically flawless. The graphics, at the time of release, were amazing. It needs to be moved over purely because not enough people experienced one of the best stealth games ever made.

Ubi, if you do decide to port some games over, DON'T TOUCH THE GAMEPLAY. I cannot emphasise this enough. The gameplay they have now is what makes them worthy of a port to the new-gen. Touch up the graphics, and nothing else.

What games do you think?

strigoi1958
11-06-2014, 04:16 AM
Jet set willy, fist of fury and Sensible soccer... :D in fact any game from the amiga/ commodore range that would make them think... I'm dumping this for a pc ;)

No in real honesty you probably need to ask that in the console section... If you're asking what games you'd like renewed (like thief) for the PC well that's different... Vegas 2 would be high on my list for new graphics and different missions.

VTMB was awesome... I'd love a remake (sorry Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines)

and a great game that I doubt anyone is old enough to remember called Drakan (order of the flame)... (I think))

Green_Reaper
11-06-2014, 04:56 AM
Jet set willy, fist of fury and Sensible soccer... :D in fact any game from the amiga/ commodore range that would make them think... I'm dumping this for a pc ;)

No in real honesty you probably need to ask that in the console section... If you're asking what games you'd like renewed (like thief) for the PC well that's different... Vegas 2 would be high on my list for new graphics and different missions.

VTMB was awesome... I'd love a remake (sorry Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines)

and a great game that I doubt anyone is old enough to remember called Drakan (order of the flame)... (I think))

I liked Bloodlines, but it was somewhat too linear for me. It just didn't have enough. The difficulty was kind of whack too, or I probably just suck. If they do a remake or 3rd game, I would want them to take elements from VTMR, blend it with Bloodlines, and also throw in some elements from the elder scrolls/fallout series in the mix.

But yeah, back to topic, for the AC series 1-3, I don't think I'd be interested in new gen console ports. It'd be great for new gen players who have never touched the series though. I do want to see some kind of port for the PSP games, I never had a chance to play them.

playlisting
11-06-2014, 05:03 AM

Yes, renewed. Didn't word the title very well.

Anykeyer
11-06-2014, 07:34 AM
Its PC forum. WE already have ALL core AC games on "one gen". Xbone/PS4 can rot as far as Im concerned.

strigoi1958
11-06-2014, 11:44 AM
I liked Bloodlines, but it was somewhat too linear for me. It just didn't have enough. The difficulty was kind of whack too, or I probably just suck.

As a Vampire .... it is definitely a good thing to suck :D the xp system needed changing. as do clan abilities.

YazX_
11-06-2014, 12:07 PM
Moved to Consoles General Discussion board.

playlisting
11-06-2014, 05:29 PM
Its PC forum. WE already have ALL core AC games on "one gen". Xbone/PS4 can rot as far as Im concerned.

Oh god a PC elitist.

Anyway, yeah I didn't word the title very well. The ACs should be ported to new-gen, R6:V1/2 needs to be upgraded and moved to the new-gen as well as a revamped PC version, and Chaos Theory the same as R6.

Anykeyer
11-06-2014, 05:43 PM
I like how fast I got that badge :cool:
I dont even have my PC specs in signature. Even if they are higher than most ppl (and you :p)
Im not an elitist, I just really really dont give a slightest **** about consoles and their backwards compatibility problem.
As for improving PC version. Nah, I dont care about this too. Old games are good as they are.

cawatrooper9
11-06-2014, 06:18 PM
I liked Bloodlines, but it was somewhat too linear for me. It just didn't have enough. The difficulty was kind of whack too, or I probably just suck. If they do a remake or 3rd game, I would want them to take elements from VTMR, blend it with Bloodlines, and also throw in some elements from the elder scrolls/fallout series in the mix.

It might be cool to have an HD collection remake of AC1 and the Ezio trilogy, and to bundle Bloodlines and all the DLC with it. I'd be game for that.

Also, I'd personally love a next gen remake of AC3. They could work out some of the bugs (specifically the outfit bug), touch up the graphics, and bundle it with TOKW. If we're lucky, they could even add a memory sequence or two at the end of the game to wrap up Connor's story and finally let us let him rest in peace.

ze_topazio
11-06-2014, 06:26 PM
Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII

Anykeyer
11-06-2014, 06:53 PM
Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII

:)

Not Ubi game

ze_topazio
11-07-2014, 12:30 PM
:)

Not Ubi game

Yeah I know.

Matt.mc
11-07-2014, 12:37 PM
I've been playing a few older games recently, and I've had a lot of fun. More fun than I've had with some of the more modern releases. What are some older games by Ubisoft you would like to see on PS4/XBO?

My 3:

1. Assassin's Creed 1, 2 & 3. Brotherhood and Revelations need not be ported as they are more to do with Ezio's story rather than Assassins v Templars. It would be good to have all core ACs on one gen.

2. Rainbow 6: Vegas 1 & 2. I'm replaying 2 at the moment and am having a damn good time. Just a shame that the field of view is so low, as it could have been even more fun if I could see more than 55 degrees around. If Ubi were to revamp the graphics and so on, a field of view slider is 100% necessary for those that get motion sick and it's nice to have for those of us that just enjoy a wider field of view.

3. Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. It's touted as the pinnacle of the series, and rightly so. This was back when Ubi seemed to be more focused on evolution as opposed to revolution. They had taken the ideas from the past Splinter Cells and fine tuned everything up to a point where the game was practically flawless. The graphics, at the time of release, were amazing. It needs to be moved over purely because not enough people experienced one of the best stealth games ever made.

Ubi, if you do decide to port some games over, DON'T TOUCH THE GAMEPLAY. I cannot emphasise this enough. The gameplay they have now is what makes them worthy of a port to the new-gen. Touch up the graphics, and nothing else.

What games do you think?

I agree with the games but I'd like them to update the controls/animations too. Not just how it looks, but how it feels.

X_xWolverinEx_X
11-07-2014, 12:40 PM
beyond good and evil

YazX_
11-07-2014, 01:25 PM
Guys, this is Ubisoft forums not "All Games" forum, if you want to discuss other things and off-topic stuff, please post in BUWYL thread, otherwise, stick with the topic for UBISOFT GAMES only.

OpticSpecs
11-07-2014, 01:26 PM
All the previous Assassin's Creeds

Fatal-Feit
11-07-2014, 03:22 PM
As for improving PC version. Nah, I dont care about this too. Old games are good as they are.

Graphically and performance speaking, yeah. PC had next-gen versions long before it was cool. But I would love to have an AC:3 remake with a lot less bugs, the deleted dialogues/scenes, and reworked side missions (I wouldn't mind if they borrowed a ton from AC:IV/RO). Stuff that the PC version still suffered from.

Pretty much what cawatrooper9 said. :p

steve.macqueen
11-07-2014, 04:53 PM
beyond good and evil

I'm happy enough to have it ported onto the PS3/XB360. What they really need to do is make a sequel. :(

johnsmith145
11-12-2014, 06:19 PM
Assassin's Creed. (1)