PDA

View Full Version : The co-op stream. (Update)

D_cover
11-06-2014, 01:44 AM
So some of you might of seen the co-op thread that I created for Twitch streaming. Basically a bunch of us streaming in co-op mission on AC: Unity.

I just wanted to update and make others aware at the same time if they are interested.

So the stream will of course take place on Twitch.tv since that is the most popular and others will most likely already have an active account on Twitch.

I personally use Open Broadcast Software (OBS) but of course feel free to use whatever broadcaster you like but if you are new to streaming I and most others will be able to help you get your broadcaster working quickly if you are using it for the first time.

I've decided it will be best to use Skype to communicate since renting a Team Speak server cost money or setting up a server takes to long and doesn't offer much of a better experience. Some people suggested Steam and Uplay voice chat but it is less accessible during the game and most people tend to have Skype accounts ready.

If the streaming and co-op goes well for one or two days I may try and make it a weekly thing and do it as often as possible.

As I said anyone is welcome. Timezones maybe an issue but this will have to be done by trail and error.

If you are new to stream it doesn't take long to learn just make sure you have the proper upload speed. OBS is very flexiable, frame processing and of course setting the bitrates to make sure your stream look nice.

If you are interested just leave your Uplay and Timezone.

I am currently working timezones out to try and set the best time to go live with everyone.

Yozziee
11-06-2014, 04:35 AM
Sounds very cool though I would strongly recommend against using Skype, there is a lot of jerks on the internet who can easily get your information over Skype. I would suggest using a Vent or TS server as they are much more secure then Skype and offer better audio quality while also offering voice activation detection and push to talk. If worse comes to worse I would be willing to get you guys a TS server for very cheap, I believe 20 slots is less then 4 USD.

Green_Reaper
11-06-2014, 04:42 AM
Have any of you guys tried voice chat on Uplay though? I'm curious as to how good or reliable it is.

Plus I don't think they ever mentioned it, but it's possible ACU will have its own voice chat feature in the form of push to talk or mic detection. I play Battlefield 4 a lot and they have that feature - sadly not much people use it though.

Yozziee
11-06-2014, 06:15 AM
Have any of you guys tried voice chat on Uplay though? I'm curious as to how good or reliable it is..

I used it with a friend earlier just to see how it was, the quality was not very good. While it does work and didn't seem to lag/stutter it was still sub-par compared to say Teamspeak or Skype even.