PDA

View Full Version : Does Unity have Co-op freeroaming?

Liamxx7
11-05-2014, 07:25 PM
That would be utterly ******ed if there isnt. anyone know for sure? i looked it up and people say there is and there isnt.

GR_Magaki
11-05-2014, 07:49 PM
They haven't mentioned it anywhere so i suppose that it doesn't exist sadly... :mad:

Liamxx7
11-05-2014, 07:54 PM
[QUOTE=magaki2653;10309364]They haven't mentioned it anywhere so i suppose that it doesn't exist sadly... :mad:[/QUOTE

I'm pretty sure that they have said something along the lines of join your friends in coop and explore Paris, or something. And apparently there's a "brotherhood" mode which is basically free roaming instead of doing missions.

Liamxx7
11-05-2014, 08:03 PM
Well it looks like you can free roam with people. On the official unity site it says: Between co-op missions you can take to the streets with your friends to explore Paris from its steeples to its sewers. Whenever your Brotherhood unites, you are bound to make history together.

DoxGotEm
11-05-2014, 08:06 PM
^This. This question has been asked repeatedly since back in June. Ubisoft keeps dancing around it and giving vague answers in interviews, while others just give the "Of course there's co-op free roam!" without any definitive proof that there is. I'm just looking for a clear cut answer cause honestly this is make or break as far as I'm concerned:

Does it or does it not have co-op free roam in this game?

Before anyone answers and says "Sure there is!", provide me with a link with concrete evidence in an article or video that states that there is the ability to co-op free roam in this game.

Liamxx7
11-05-2014, 08:07 PM
^This. This question has been asked repeatedly since back in June. Ubisoft keeps dancing around it and giving vague answers in interviews, while others just give the "Of course there's co-op free roam!" without any definitive proof that there is. I'm just looking for a clear cut answer cause honestly this is make or break as far as I'm concerned:

Does it or does it not have co-op free roam in this game?

Before anyone answers and says "Sure there is!", provide me with a link with concrete evidence in an article or video that states that there is the ability to co-op free roam in this game.

Yes, go on the official site. It says it right there.

DoxGotEm
11-05-2014, 08:14 PM
Yes, go on the official site. It says it right there.

I've seen that quote before on the official site but I never heard anything of it mentioned in an interview.

That is until now. Just a minute ago I stumbled upon this interview and no more than 30 seconds into the video my question was answered.
I guess I should have looked more extensively. My mistake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al1hu8zCwYQ&list=PLBnrd5k2F2IPf3PKX4-qnCb9Do_uVQqdl

GR_Magaki
11-05-2014, 08:17 PM
The thing is that they only talk about it in interviews.
In the trailers both the co-op trailer and the new 101 trailer they didn't even mention free roam co-op or i just missed it.
I really hope there is free roam co-op though !

Liamxx7
11-05-2014, 08:22 PM
The thing is that they only talk about it in interviews.
In the trailers both the co-op trailer and the new 101 trailer they didn't even mention free roam co-op or i just missed it.
I really hope there is free roam co-op though !

There is indeed free roam. It even says it on their official site like I just said

Liamxx7
11-05-2014, 08:24 PM
Maybe they think people just don't care about the free roaming as much as the coop missions, which is why they don't make it the highlight of coop. Or they think its too obvious it'll be in the game anyways.

DoxGotEm
11-05-2014, 08:33 PM
Says it on Wiki also.

king-hailz
11-05-2014, 08:55 PM
They have said so at least three times, you must have heard them. However I have a bigger question.. What would you do on online free roam in Assassin's Creed... Its not like GTA when it is really fun to go around jumping off helicopters and landing into cars crashing into a jet! What would you do in AC?

Liamxx7
11-05-2014, 09:09 PM
They have said so at least three times, you must have heard them. However I have a bigger question.. What would you do on online free roam in Assassin's Creed... Its not like GTA when it is really fun to go around jumping off helicopters and landing into cars crashing into a jet! What would you do in AC?

Many things actually. Assassinations, contracts races, side missions, beating up soldiers, running across the rooftops and streets with 3 other fellow players sounds more than enough fun to me. Gta online bores me to tears. I own it and it sucks.

Pandassin
11-05-2014, 09:13 PM
Many things actually. Assassinations, contracts races, side missions, beating up soldiers, running across the rooftops and streets with 3 other fellow players sounds more than enough fun to me. Gta online bores me to tears. I own it and it sucks.

Don't forget pushing your friends off the Notre Dame.

GR_Magaki
11-05-2014, 09:52 PM

To be honest ,i am more excited for free roam co-op than the co-op missions.
I like to be able to free roam with my friends , kill some guards and have some fun with them instead of doing some missions that will get repetitive over time.

Liamxx7
11-05-2014, 09:55 PM
To be honest ,i am more excited for free roam co-op than the co-op missions.
I like to be able to free roam with my friends , kill some guards and have some fun with them instead of doing some missions that will get repetitive over time.

Well, they wont necessarily get repetitive, depends how much variety is in them.

SNAKE_cro_mgs
11-05-2014, 10:40 PM
Free roam couch coop is the best.

I never play online. Playing online is the same as playing with a computer, you don't see the person.

That's the same as with fighting games. I would never play online. If I wanted to play with a invisible person I can put the CPU on very hard and you get the same spammer player.
Couch Multiplayer is he BEST(playing with your family or friends)

You didn't have online on ps1 and it was great (Tekken...)
Those were better days.

Today internet is full of jerks and know it all's. Probably someone will totally miss my point and nitpick.
Apology to all those good and understanding people.

Liamxx7
11-05-2014, 10:43 PM
Free roam couch coop is the best.

I never play online. Playing online is the same as playing with a computer, you don't see the person.

That's the same as with fighting games. I would never play online. If I wanted to play with a invisible person I can put the CPU on very hard and you get the same spammer player.
Couch Multiplayer is he BEST(playing with your family or friends)

You didn't have online on ps1 and it was great (Tekken...)
Those were better days.

Well not necessarily, playing online has helped me keep in touch with some of my friends due to me moving away, so i like to think of coop in a game like this, is well, pretty amazing. also, games dont really do splitscreen anymore. its all about the online.

But i dont care for games like Cod.

I just want this game out already

SNAKE_cro_mgs
11-05-2014, 10:48 PM
I will play this with my brother.

I as ALTAIR and he as EZIO if free roam co-op is possible. But yes you do have a point Online can help in some situations.

And I am so sad that not more games are splitscreen.
I play Grid 2 with my brother splitscreen. And all the fighting games Tekken Tag 2, Fight night champion, Injustice...

And when my friends come over we do a fighting tournament on the PS3.
If there is free roam Co-op in ACU I will be so happy.

Liamxx7
11-05-2014, 10:57 PM
I will play this with my brother.

I as ALTAIR and he as EZIO if free roam co-op is possible. But yes you do have a point Online can help in some situations.

And I am so sad that not more games are splitscreen.
I play Grid 2 with my brother splitscreen. And all the fighting games Tekken Tag 2, Fight night champion, Injustice...

And when my friends come over we do a fighting tournament on the PS3.
If there is free roam Co-op in ACU I will be so happy.

Well, there is free roam coop in unity. its pretty much confirmed. on their site it says exactly this:
Between co-op missions you can take to the streets with your friends to explore Paris from its steeples to its sewers. Whenever your Brotherhood unites, you are bound to make history together.

Green_Reaper
11-05-2014, 11:04 PM
Hopefully there will be interesting and fun things to do instead of JUST running around in the streets killing guards. I remember how I thought Watch_Dogs co-op free roam would be fun but all people did was crash cars, run you over or get chased by cops. Boring as hell. Fun for the first half hour or so but then after that you just don't care anymore and go back to single player.

SNAKE_cro_mgs
11-05-2014, 11:28 PM
Well, there is free roam coop in unity. its pretty much confirmed.

Yeah that is what Ubisoft said for Ghost Recon Future soldier, and there wasn't any splitscreen(couch) multiplayer when it was released.
But it was advertised and many bought the game just because of the splitscreen. They thought finally no COD online MP .

SNAKE_cro_mgs
11-05-2014, 11:37 PM
I remember how I thought Watch_Dogs co-op free roam would be fun but all people did was crash cars, run you over or get chased by cops.

That was because of the online.
If it had splitscreen, You could race and hack with your friend(family), shoot, one play as the cop one as the hacker. Only 2 players that is the best multiplayer.

I have GTAV and I never, NEVER play online. I want a multiplayer where I see a person, talk to him, strategise...

But what am I saying, I am not the best person to be talking about Online I tried it and hated it from the start. That and trophies(what in the world are trophies good for) I was so happy when the PS3 got an update where you could turn trophies of.

EscoBlades
11-05-2014, 11:37 PM
We've officially said this for a while now. See this DevBlog (http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/news/152-165979-16/assassins-creed-unity-devblog-player-progression-part-1).

#DevTip: Want to wander around Paris without the worry of mission constraints? No problem. Online Free-Roam has you covered.

SNAKE_cro_mgs
11-05-2014, 11:41 PM
"Online Free-Roam has you covered."

As I said before now it's ONLINE multiplayer free roam. So is this a conformation that no Splitscreen co-op will be available.
I never played AC games online didn't see the appeal.

I got so hyped when everyone here said that there was free roam co-op. I thought it was offline(splitscreen).
So for my brother and I to play multiplayer we would need 2 PS4s, 2 uplay & PSN accounts. Sorry I am passing this game now.

I'll stick to AC Rogue, The Evil Within for PS3 and Metal Gear Solid V, Silent Hills and Final Fantasy XV for the PS4.

GR_Magaki
11-05-2014, 11:49 PM
We've officially said this for a while now. See this DevBlog (http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/news/152-165979-16/assassins-creed-unity-devblog-player-progression-part-1).

I haven't seen this before.
Thanks for posting it, you just made my day. :)

EscoBlades
11-05-2014, 11:50 PM

As I said before now it's ONLINE multiplayer free roam. So is this a conformation that no Splitscreen co-op will be available.

There is no splitscreen coop.

Liamxx7
11-06-2014, 12:16 AM

I got so hyped when everyone here said that there was free roam co-op. I thought it was offline(splitscreen).
So for my brother and I to play multiplayer we would need 2 PS4s, 2 uplay & PSN accounts. Sorry I am passing this game now.

I'll stick to AC Rogue, The Evil Within for PS3 and Metal Gear Solid V, Silent Hills and Final Fantasy XV for the PS4.

Don't expect any future games to have split screen coop. It just won't happen anymore. Especially since that takes up more hardware power.

GoldenBoy9999
11-06-2014, 12:21 AM
Don't expect any future games to have split screen coop. It just won't happen anymore. Especially since that takes up more hardware power.

Definitely the ones that have advanced graphics with many things happening in a huge world. I'd still expect many great split-screen experiences in the years to come from more simple games with simple mechanics but nothing like AC.

Developers usually take more advantage of a console's hardware power throughout it's lifespan. Just look at the 360 launch games compared to the ones now. If there is a couch co-op resurgence near the end of this generation than console developers may make them with that in mind but don't expect anything soon.

Locopells
11-06-2014, 01:45 AM
Hopefully there will be interesting and fun things to do instead of JUST running around in the streets killing guards. I remember how I thought Watch_Dogs co-op free roam would be fun but all people did was crash cars, run you over or get chased by cops. Boring as hell. Fun for the first half hour or so but then after that you just don't care anymore and go back to single player.

I do remember one epic incident though, when I was able to sweep in, park my car between a mate and the cops that were cornering him, and do a 'come with me if you want to live' moment...that was cool. But yeah, it did pal after a while.