PDA

View Full Version : Uplay PC - Client Update 4.9 - 05/11/2014

Ubi-Cain
11-05-2014, 01:33 PM
http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gamesites/uplay/v20/news/a7694953e58bfa1cf290b1af1f9cb293.png

Hello Uplay Gamers,

The next Uplay client update is here and in it we're bringing more of those features you have been asking for. Starting today you can now minimize your client to the system tray and apply automatic client updates while Uplay is running. Read on for more information.

New Features

Discreet Client

This latest update allows players to minimize and close Uplay to the system tray. With Uplay running discreetly in the background you'll never be more than a few clicks away from accessing your favourite Uplay games, be they through Uplay itself or Steam. When you want to launch a game, that's what will happen. No more prompts, just straight into the game.

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gamesites/uplay/v20/news/5ceb6e0f03814e0dc671931f19013317.png

Of course we don't want you to miss anything while it's minimized to the tray either, so you will receive notifications anytime something important happens, such as Friends coming online and downloads completing.

We haven't stopped there however, by right clicking the icon in the system tray you will have quick and easy access to many of Uplay's features and shortcuts to your most recently played games.

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gamesites/uplay/v20/news/0b2d1eec0aea2952de19f62c483d4245.png

By default, Uplay will be minimized to the system tray but in addition to that, closing the client for the first time after updating to version 4.9 will present you with an option to minimize Uplay to the system tray instead of closing it.

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gamesites/uplay/v20/news/57125a681bf92c1c1cc7975daee46f78.jpg

You can disable this functionality at any time by heading over to the Uplay client settings menu and unchecking the boxes that say "Minimize Uplay to system tray when the application window is closed".

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gamesites/uplay/v20/news/2f5b9e57eaf9eaf71aabd93d58bdd683.jpg

If at any point you do wish to close the client after this, simply right click the Uplay icon in the system tray and click on "Quit".

Background Uplay Client Updates

With the launch of the Minimize to Tray feature we're also going to be adding background updating functionality for the Uplay client. While running on your computer the Uplay client will now silently download and update itself and once completed you will be prompted to restart your client. Don't worry though, the prompt to restart the client will wait until you have finished playing, so it won't disturb your gaming time.

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gamesites/uplay/v20/news/3b9c46b83df61ce09c6f4018cbe08665.png

The background client update is just the first step towards something bigger, so look out for more information in the coming months.

Change for Steam players

We're continuing to make big changes for our Steam players. Alongside the last update which allows you to automatically log in with Steam (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/926329-Maintenance-amp-Patch-Note-Uplay-PC-4-8-30-09-2014), you will now see all of your other Steam purchased Uplay games in the Uplay client when launching a game from Steam, making it easier to find the content you own.

Bug Fixes

A massive effort has gone into fixing various bugs in the client. Below are but a few that players should expect to notice as being resolved:

Play/Download buttons will no longer be shown for add-ons that the player does not owned
When searching for friends, "No matches were found" is not shown unless the player presses the "Enter" key
Messages in chat from the application will now be synced with the overlay when receiving a message and then entering a game immediately after

-------------------------------------------------

That's it from us on this occasion, but keep your eyes peeled for future updates and as always, if you have any feedback you think we should know about, lets us hear it.

The Uplay Team
Ubi-Cain (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1652552-Ubi-Cain)

A.M.R.
11-05-2014, 02:18 PM
"minimize your client to the system tray" About freakin' time

horus896
11-05-2014, 06:22 PM
next you need to allow us to add previous purchases from ubishop to uplay...

JeramIgneal
11-05-2014, 08:31 PM
When I go to Steam and click "Play" on Assassin's Creed 2, the Uplay Engine comes up with a loading screen which says "Looking for Updates" it shifts to "downloading Update, but no progress is shown on the bar. Shortly after, a window pops up saying that the uplay engine has crashed. I can now not access my Assassin's Creed game whatsoever, due to Uplay. I had been running it in Offline mode due to previous technical difficulties with the launcher, if that helps. I've been web surfing for hours trying to figure it out, but to no avail. Please, if you can, reply to this ASAP to help figure out this glitch. Thankyou.

Zkaarde
11-05-2014, 09:02 PM
then you should try downloading Uplay PC from the web. Here's a direct link taken from www.uplay.com : https://static3.cdn.ubi.com/orbit/launcher_installer/UplayInstaller.exe
This should solve your issues

Captain-Egy
11-06-2014, 09:19 AM
when the hell will we be able to backup our games

i don't have to re download all my games all over again every time i change my operating system or my machine

that's why i try to not buy any Upisoft games so i don't have to install it over and over again

Uqediem
11-06-2014, 01:20 PM
Change for Steam players

We're continuing to make big changes for our Steam players. Alongside the last update which allows you to automatically log in with Steam (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/926329-Maintenance-amp-Patch-Note-Uplay-PC-4-8-30-09-2014), you will now see all of your other Steam purchased Uplay games in the Uplay client when launching a game from Steam, making it easier to find the content you own.

Ubi-Cain (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1652552-Ubi-Cain)[/SIZE]

Thanks a lot!

But when is the next very important step to interact Steam and Uplay - synchronization of achievements? I know that not all players need achievements. But many players needs Steam achievements. And for some (like me) the presence of the achievements in Steam is one of the important factors in order to buy the game. (At least, for the full price at the beginning of sales.)

himmatsj
11-06-2014, 02:53 PM
Is there any way at all to disable background client updates?

Also, is there a way to exit Uplay completely while having the launcher tray option enabled? Like in Steam, you can click settings > Exit. Is something similar possible here?

Thanks!

Ubi-Leorthian
11-06-2014, 04:25 PM
Hello himmatsj,

There is no way to disable background client updates, we always want our users to have the latest version of the client as it's intended to be the best one, however downloads like this won't occur while you are playing a game. If a background download is available, Uplay will wait until you close your current game to start it.

Yes there is a way to quit directly; you can quit by clicking the gear icon in the top right and then selecting "Quit" from the bottom of the menu.

For everyone posting ideas for additional features, that's for your feedback, please post your thoughts in the suggestions thread (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/773198-Uplay-Suggestions).

ArtyomHavok
11-07-2014, 02:58 AM
So i was a day away from spending close 90$ w/tax on far cry 4 and i see its not on steam anymore. ok so at first glance im seeing articles about the UK having had steam/ubi games removed from steam. ok... now it seems to be that they are gone for US residents as well (maybe others idk)
so it looks a lot like EA's departure from steam with Origin (also my departure from EA as i really dont like the origin client steam is where my community is)
HOWEVER
when i open uPlay (also not my favorite client but i have loyalty to some ubisoft games)
when i click on any game related store pages/pre orders/purchase. uplay opens up steam and goes to the steam store front page (for games that are removed now) and does a ubisoft developer search within steam for the uplay "shop" button.

so in conclusion my question is "is ubisoft leaving steam or becoming a better working companion with steam resulted in some store pages needing to be taken down to be redone?"

thank you kindly in advance for the answer. i am looking forward to spending money on future ubi titles (though i would prefer to add them to my steam library

kimikazio
11-07-2014, 03:24 PM
Return to the Steam game Assassin's Creed: Unity and Far Cry 4
please

yeah, return them to steam or i wont buy them (same goes for EA/origin)
i open steam everyday; uplay and origin only once every two months or so

this is how it works

1. great game anounced: you get hyped :D
2. then you see its a ubisoft game, the hype goes a little bit down :nonchalance:
3. then you see it only uses uplay. -> Buying idea permanently cancelled :mad:

ubisoft's latest moves are creating a lot of hate on them, they're not being smart and they're not giving their customers good things

we dont need a better platform (uplay, origin...) because we already have one that works waay better and has more options than greedy companies can give.
so please shut down uplay forever, we dont want it, we love to have all our games in one same place (steam).

Ubi-Leorthian
11-07-2014, 04:19 PM
Hi onetouchingevil and kimikazio,

Our teams are currently looking into the matter regarding these titles. We’ll update you as soon as we have more information. Thanks.

nalex66
11-07-2014, 04:36 PM
...when i open uPlay (also not my favorite client but i have loyalty to some ubisoft games)
when i click on any game related store pages/pre orders/purchase. uplay opens up steam and goes to the steam store front page (for games that are removed now) and does a ubisoft developer search within steam for the uplay "shop" button.
So is the Uplay client supposed to have an integrated store? I have the same issue as quoted above. When I click SHOP in the client, it launches Steam. Maybe this is because my only Uplay games (Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon) were bought through Steam. I don't know how you expect me to buy Far Cry 4 when you link me to a shop that you've pulled the game from.

I tried a fresh install of Uplay on my work computer, and it does the same thing (launches Steam when I click any Shop link).

l.a.r.t
11-08-2014, 05:17 PM
Change for Steam players

Before I mess up my Ubisoft games , can someone explain to me how this is working?

I have 3 Ubisoft accounts. One with most of the games, another one with some and one account with one game. It's painful to figure out which game is on which account but Ubi doesn't want to merge them, anyway:(
Every game was bought and is linked to a unique Steam account and associated with each of the mentioned Uplay accounts.
Reading this announcement, I have no idea what it does and what I'm linking to what? Do I link anything?

What happens:
- Login To Uplay Account 1 + Steam Account
- Login afterwards to Uplay 2 + Same Steam Account
- and so on..

Ubi-Cain
11-10-2014, 11:25 AM
So is the Uplay client supposed to have an integrated store? I have the same issue as quoted above. When I click SHOP in the client, it launches Steam. Maybe this is because my only Uplay games (Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon) were bought through Steam. I don't know how you expect me to buy Far Cry 4 when you link me to a shop that you've pulled the game from.

I tried a fresh install of Uplay on my work computer, and it does the same thing (launches Steam when I click any Shop link).

Hiya nalex66,

If you only own games purchased via Steam then yes, when visiting the Shop you will be re-directed to Steam as required by Valve.
As you may also have seen. Far Cry 4 is back on Steam now, sorry for that inconvenience. A carrier pigeon may have got lost somewhere :/

Before I mess up my Ubisoft games , can someone explain to me how this is working?

I have 3 Ubisoft accounts. One with most of the games, another one with some and one account with one game. It's painful to figure out which game is on which account but Ubi doesn't want to merge them, anyway:(
Every game was bought and is linked to a unique Steam account and associated with each of the mentioned Uplay accounts.
Reading this announcement, I have no idea what it does and what I'm linking to what? Do I link anything?

What happens:
- Login To Uplay Account 1 + Steam Account
- Login afterwards to Uplay 2 + Same Steam Account
- and so on..

Hi moormann,

Don't worry, you won't mess up your accounts. Once the accounts are linked you won't break them by trying to link them again.

I'm sorry to hear that we can't merge the accounts, but given the amount of data involved it's not unwarranted. We'd rather not merge the accounts just yet than break them attempting something the system is not yet designed for and then risk not being able to fix it for you. Perhaps some time in the future you may get your wish though.

If you're using multiple Uplay accounts and a single Steam account then you're only going to be able to have one Uplay account associated with that Steam account. If you have multiple Steam accounts then you should be able to associate those with individual Uplay accounts.

If you're juggling multiple accounts on a regular basis however then I'd recommend not using account linking for the time being and instead log-in to Uplay when launching your games. Perhaps also keep a list nearby of what games are on which account too. It will likely become second nature for you and could perhaps save you a little frustration.

/Cain

UTAVATU
11-10-2014, 12:33 PM
Dear Ubisoft

Why after newest update Uplay starts to window mode not as always as maximized window? Is there any chance you will add possibility to launch Uplay in silent mode to system tray or as maximized window like before update? Uplay still haven't got an option to start with Windows? Steam and Origin has got an option to start their clients automaticaly with Windows to system tray (minimized), please don't be worse then them.

How and where may I check, if my Uplay account is linked with Steam?

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely

Ubi-Cain
11-10-2014, 01:36 PM
Dear Ubisoft

Why after newest update Uplay starts to window mode not as always as maximized window? Is there any chance you will add possibility to launch Uplay in silent mode to system tray or as maximized window like before update? Uplay still haven't got an option to start with Windows? Steam and Origin has got an option to start their clients automaticaly with Windows to system tray (minimized), please don't be worse then them.

How and where may I check, if my Uplay account is linked with Steam?

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely

Hi UTAVATU,

Thanks for the feedback :)

I'm not sure why Uplay won't start in full screen for you, but I can pass the information on to see if it's an issue with this release.

I'll also pass on your suggestions to allow the application to be launched minimized and to launch on system start up. The minimize to tray feature we added is but the first iteration, so it's likely we'll be looking into this option in the future.

On that note, you can already launch Uplay on windows start up in the interim quite easily if you wanted to.
If you click the Start Menu button then go to "Programs" you should see a folder called "Startup". If you create a shortcut to the Uplay client in that folder then Uplay should launch when you start windows. For future reference... any shortcuts or files that you put in that folder will launch of startup so you can put other things in there too :)

And last but not least, if you want to check if you have a Steam account linked to your Uplay account you just need to log-in on the Uplay website and view your account information. :)

Hope that helps :)

/Cain

UTAVATU
11-10-2014, 02:41 PM
Dear Ubi-Cain

I'm not sure why Uplay won't start in full screen for you, but I can pass the information on to see if it's an issue with this release.

It just happens from the last update. Earlier versions haven't got this issue.

I'll also pass on your suggestions to allow the application to be launched minimized and to launch on system start up. The minimize to tray feature we added is but the first iteration, so it's likely we'll be looking into this option in the future.

At the moment I have got launched Origin and Steam such way, they just starts with Windows automaticaly to the system tray minimized. It's great feature and I would be glad to see it in the new update of Uplay.

On that note, you can already launch Uplay on windows start up in the interim quite easily if you wanted to. If you click the Start Menu button then go to "Programs" you should see a folder called "Startup". If you create a shortcut to the Uplay client in that folder then Uplay should launch when you start windows. For future reference... any shortcuts or files that you put in that folder will launch of startup so you can put other things in there too :)

Ubi-Cain :) Thank you very much for your solution, but I have already known this kind of trick ;) I am only asking you to add such option to your Uplay client, because there are only few applications which has lack of such option in XXI century and it looks strange. Of course I have already used this trick adding a proper registry key instead of using Startup folder, but Uplay hasn't got option to start to system tray minimized and I like to have aranged my desktop after Windows starts and Uplay is still visible as a windowed application. Please, just add an option Start Uplay automaticaly with Windows minimized to System Tray and I will be using it every day. At the moment adding Uplay to Startup folder or adding a proper registry entry is pointless.

And last but not least, if you want to check if you have a Steam account linked to your Uplay account you just need to log-in on the Uplay website and view your account information. :)

I have already been to my account information: https://account-uplay.ubi.com/ and there is only information about linked account for XBOX Live and PSN, which I have already linked and below it, there is one unlinked account, which is Facebook. There is no possibility to link Steam from my Uplay account. May you provide a direct link to link my Steam account with Uplay?

EDIT

Thank you very much for your support.

Sincerely

Anykeyer
11-10-2014, 02:58 PM
A small wishlist for future patches:
1. add sound notifications. seriously, its way too easy to miss a new message just bc you play a non-uplay game in full screen
2. implement searching for players by their legacy names and show legacy name somewhere in public profile. example: you played WD with 'noobpwner1997", you want to add that player but you cant, he already changed his name to "lovemuffin" so you'lll get no results if you try to search for 'noobpwner1997'

Ubi-Leorthian
11-10-2014, 03:05 PM
Hello UTAVATU,

The option to link your Steam account isn't found on the website. Linking a Uplay account is done like this:

1 - Log out of Uplay and close the launcher.
2 - Launch a Uplay enabled game from Steam.
3 - A special version of the Uplay client will appear that has an additional option by the account detail entry fields. This option is a check box that will allow you to link your Steam account to the Uplay account you log into.

You won't be able to select this option if Uplay is already set to remember your details and log in automatically, which is why you need to log out and close the client first.

Hello AC_Mako,

Thank you for your feedback.

UTAVATU
11-10-2014, 03:27 PM
Dear Ubi-Leorthian

Hello UTAVATU,

The option to link your Steam account isn't found on the website. Linking a Uplay account is done like this:

1 - Log out of Uplay and close the launcher.
2 - Launch a Uplay enabled game from Steam.
3 - A special version of the Uplay client will appear that has an additional option by the account detail entry fields. This option is a check box that will allow you to link your Steam account to the Uplay account you log into.

You won't be able to select this option if Uplay is already set to remember your details and log in automatically, which is why you need to log out and close the client first.

It's working now. It's also visible in my Uplay account too.

Thank you for your support.

Sincerely

himmatsj
11-10-2014, 04:49 PM
Yes, after the previous update, Uplay launches as a small window, instead of full screen.

Anyways, I just got a brand new update. Any idea what that one is about?

Thanks!

UTAVATU
11-10-2014, 06:00 PM
Dear himmatsj

Yes, after the previous update, Uplay launches as a small window, instead of full screen.

Yes, I can confirm. Like I said before in my earlier posts Uplay starts only in small window.

Anyways, I just got a brand new update. Any idea what that one is about?

Various Bug Fixes, nothing special...

Sincerely

Anykeyer
11-11-2014, 08:36 AM
Great. Apparently 4.9.1 hides Uplay shop for those who have at least one game from Steam. Fix this.

MaXeLL01x
11-12-2014, 07:04 PM
Great. Apparently 4.9.1 hides Uplay shop for those who have at least one game from Steam. Fix this.

I can confirm, same problem!

Ubi-Leorthian
11-12-2014, 07:38 PM
Hello,

We are aware of the issue with the Uplay shop, it's a complex matter that is being looked into, but I don't have an eta on a resolution at this point.

FSierra
11-13-2014, 09:41 PM
If Uplay is launched from an account without administrative privileges, it's shows a UAC message. Please, fix this. A computer for gaming in the living room must don't run with an administrator account only to play games...

Ubi-Leorthian
11-14-2014, 04:37 PM
Hello FSierra,

In most cases (as long as Uplay doesn't need to download an update) you should be able to deny administrator access and still be able to play your games. I will however pass on your request that the client run games without requesting administrator access.

Josurf
11-14-2014, 08:12 PM
According to me, this is when my problems started, when installing the new launcher. I think I am not alone with this problem. Still no solution ?
FC 4 is coming out soon and I'd like to be able to download and play it !!!
Please,
pretty please with a cherry on top ?

FIDLAR75
11-15-2014, 05:52 PM
Hey guys.
Me, and some other users experienced, the Assassin's Creed 3 multiplayer doesn't work after the latest update.
If any of you could try connecting to a training mission or online mission on the multiplayer version, and it works, inform me :)

Regards

theonetruetom
11-30-2014, 12:23 PM
>background updates ENABLE

*checks date*

This isn't 1914, Ubi. Learn from EA's fail and /just/ /use/ /steam/.

Anykeyer
12-01-2014, 07:29 AM
/just/ /use/ /steam/.

go away

Korovany
12-04-2014, 04:46 PM
Today's (4th of December) update does not let me use Tridef with AC2, Revelations, and I guess any other Uplay game anymore, yet yesterday everything was working.

s3bsta
12-05-2014, 09:16 AM
Thanks a lot!

But when is the next very important step to interact Steam and Uplay - synchronization of achievements? I know that not all players need achievements. But many players needs Steam achievements. And for some (like me) the presence of the achievements in Steam is one of the important factors in order to buy the game. (At least, for the full price at the beginning of sales.)

I second this. It would probably help minimise complaints of uplay being on top of steam if it appeared to almost work like a steam version with synchronised achievements. If anything those achievements help promote UBIsoft games on the steam side which most other steam games have.

I don't mind uplay as long as it works with Steam and can only see it helping both uplay and steam for them to have synchronised achievements.

Thanks for also respecting Ubisoft customers who prefer Steam unlike EA who I now hate with a vengeance.

Javsp
12-05-2014, 10:50 PM
I'm having a problem since the latest Uplay update. If I try to launch a Uplay pursached game from Steam, it only launches Uplay and then I have to select the game manually.It's annoying because before the update I could launch the game from Steam with 1 click.

Moreover, Steam is no longer showing the game I'm actually playing if this game is pursached on Uplay.

Are Uplay devs aware of this issue? Any way to fix it?

nez1rus
02-17-2015, 05:01 PM
Since the last update i can't start any of Assassin's Creed. Uplay goes in processess but never start. ?!?

Marnimans
02-17-2015, 05:14 PM
Since the last update i can't start any of Assassin's Creed. Uplay goes in processess but never start. ?!?

Same here.

since the update Uplay wont start anymore. it shows up in my taskmanager but nothing helps.

- started u play as admin
- reinstalled uplay
- restarted my computer

Could anyone help me out?

MiahiM
02-17-2015, 05:26 PM
Same here.

since the update Uplay wont start anymore. it shows up in my taskmanager but nothing helps.

- started u play as admin
- reinstalled uplay
- restarted my computer

Could anyone help me out?

Same here ... seems like you have a really nice QA team there ...

Marnimans
02-17-2015, 05:40 PM
Same here ... seems like you have a really nice QA team there ...

sucks man,

Tried another reinstall, also deleted all the crap uplay leaves behind after uninstall.
still no result. It just pops up in my taskmanager using 17% of my CPU but it won't start anything.

I am running windows 8.1

Ubi-Leorthian
02-17-2015, 05:46 PM
The update applied to my Windows 7 system without issue, but it also looks like it's now been rolled back. Have you tried restarting Uplay again recently (make sure you run Uplay as administrator) as for me at least it updated again and removed version 5, going back to version 4.9.6

MiahiM
02-17-2015, 05:48 PM
sucks man,

Tried another reinstall, also deleted all the crap uplay leaves behind after uninstall.
still no result. It just pops up in my taskmanager using 17% of my CPU but it won't start anything.

I am running windows 8.1

I have tried the following procedure:

- Unistall
- Download the client from Uplay.com
- Install
- Modify the file version.txt from the Ubisoft Uplay Folder
- Change the value from current (3877) to a random higher one (9877)
- It seems it worked

- I do not know if Ubisoft pulled the update or the above modification worked , but know I can run the games.

M.

roberto7070
02-17-2015, 05:50 PM
Dopo aver cliccato su Uplay mi scarica gli aggiornamenti e poi non dą pił nessun segno di vita. Ho provato anche a disinstallarlo e installarlo di nuovo ma continua a non aprirsi pił. Che caspita avete combinato con gli aggiornamenti?

nez1rus
02-17-2015, 05:52 PM

- Unistall
- Install
- It seems it worked

- I do not know if Ubisoft pulled the update or the above modification worked , but know I can run the games.

M.

Worked for me too. Thank you!

Marnimans
02-17-2015, 06:25 PM

- Unistall
- Install
- It seems it worked

M.

This worked for me, thanks!

Sigh.. now i have to download Unity agian

zarraf12
04-03-2015, 02:23 PM
I just installed assassins creed II and it is in uplay. When I open the uplay and click on assassins creed II it says that it needs activation code and it is in my google mail ( *Deleted* ) and it will be there forever. When I checked on my google mail. there was no activation code of assassins Creed II. Now, how can I play assassins creed II? :mad:

Ubi-Leorthian
04-06-2015, 01:27 PM
Hello zarraf12,

Thank you for contacting us with your issue. I removed your email address from the post above, we suggest that personal contact information be kept private. With regards to your issue itself, is Assassin's Creed 2 a game you just bought? If so, the retailer you purchased the game from should have provided you with an activation code when you purchased the game. If you don't have an activation code, please contact the retailer and ask them for assistance.

If the shop you purchased Assassin's Creed 2 from was the Uplay shop, then please contact the Uplay Shop customer service team for assistance. If you go to http://shop.ubi.com/ and scroll to the bottom you will see a link marked "CUSTOMER SUPPORT" under the heading "STORE". Clicking this link will take you to the support section where you can contact the shop customer service team for more information.

hun_geoff
04-13-2015, 07:31 PM
I know I won't make any difference, but Uplay is very annoying for me. I'd like to use Steam and steam only when I am playing with games, and not wasting resources, installing multiple application for the same purpose with much more limited functionality.

I've bought almost all Assassins Creed so far, but I am afraid this was the last one. I won't buy any more games where Uplay is mandatory and it looks like that will be true for all games going forward. I liked Ubisoft, but looks like this came to the end. No worries there are plenty of other games on Steam where I don't have to run an other installer on top of that. (The auto login and autostart is not working for me anyway, but even if would it'd be still redundant and annoying - so this post is not about particular issues)

The last Ubi game I bought online was only added to Uplay instead of steam, so I had to revert back and ask for a refund.

All the best,
geoff