PDA

View Full Version : Unity release date

nultma
11-05-2014, 08:02 AM
Hey guys,

Just making this thread to check that everything is correct with this. I'm Australian, so I am well aware that Unity is releasing on the 13th of November. Anticipating a preload prior so I could get the game on release, I pre-purchased it on steam and everything was great. I checked the store page today to check exactly what time it would come out on Steam and found this:

http://i.imgur.com/ozeTxbw.jpg

I included the current time and date in the screen cap as I feel it's important in emphasizing the point. With some simple maths, you'll discover that the game unlocks on Friday the 14th of November at 4AM, a full day after the European release (which is 2 days after the NA release). I understand how time zones work, but it doesn't really apply when it says it's released on the 13th of November, and there is regonalized (that's not even a word) pricing for Australia. Would someone be able to clear this up for me? It doesn't happen with any other games on Steam.

strigoi1958
11-05-2014, 10:27 AM
I believe it is released on the 13th in Australia so it might be a steam error. I've had 2 games download and play before the time and 1 game (Ethan Carter) was almost a day late so it's a coin toss.

On Steam...

UbiVolfbane
11-05-2014, 05:07 PM
After the game is released, it is each vendor's task to deliver promptly. However, this happens when placeholders are for when games released. I would suggest checking back on the day of release. Meanwhile, I will also pass this along to the team as you may want to reach out to steam as well.

nultma
11-05-2014, 10:22 PM
After the game is released, it is each vendor's task to deliver promptly. However, this happens when placeholders are for when games released. I would suggest checking back on the day of release. Meanwhile, I will also pass this along to the team as you may want to reach out to steam as well.

Great, thank you for the follow up. I tried to send a ticket through to steam support but I think it won't let me because the game isn't released yet. I'll try again closer to release though if its not fixed!

Alphacos007
11-05-2014, 11:06 PM
It shows up with the correct time here, but I'm not in Australia so I can't really help ya.

Anykeyer
11-06-2014, 01:14 PM
Usually steam releases content globally at the same moment. It could be nov 14 for you bc of the time zone. But its still exactly the same moment. Europe often gets steam releases at evenings, dont assume we get new stuff as soon as 00:00 ticks.