PDA

View Full Version : Assassinations you'd like to see in AC: Unity or AC: Rogue

Dev_Anj
11-04-2014, 05:12 PM
We know that AC: Unity is going to have some unique assassinations, like the one in the confession booth, and hopefully AC: Rogue will have something similar for its main targets. What sort of assassinations would you like to see in these games?

I'd like to see this assassination in AC: Unity, but with a vintage rifle of course:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKPBWbNxaRo

JustPlainQuirky
11-04-2014, 05:15 PM
Anything that involves stabbing works for me.

DumbGamerTag94
11-04-2014, 05:28 PM
I really want to shoot Robespierre in the face(it's not really an assassination because he was later guillotined. But he was shot in the jaw(presumed attempted suicide))

But I doubt I'll get to do that because in one of the trailers you see Robespirre with his hands up being threatened by Arno and Elise. And Elise has a gun drawn. So I'm guessing right now that Elise shoots him. Since it's been confirmed Robespirre is a Templar.

VestigialLlama4
11-04-2014, 05:39 PM
I'd like an Assassination which is suitably dramatic, stylish and provides me an explosive exit. The secret of being an Asasiyun as in AC1 and History is not just to axe your target but to do it before an audience to show powerless that high-and-mighty guy is. So anything in the vein of gatecrashing Abul Nu'quod's party in AC1, killing the Doge at Carnevale, or jumping off the flagpole and smashing a Tomahawk into John Pitcairn's skull is okay with me.

I really don't get where people think being an Assassin is about being Hitman. A hitman is a criminal who kills for cash. An Assassin is by its very nature an Agent of History/Society. I don't think its about being a stealth technician. But as it comes closer and closer towards recorded history it will be that.

I expected an assassination mission with Emperor Leopold II of Austria. He died in 1792 at the Schonbrunn Palace, of rumoured poisoning and it was expected that his death might put the war on the backburner but no such luck. He was supposed to be an old-school Enlightened Monarch, so it would fit in the themes of the game.

VestigialLlama4
11-04-2014, 05:43 PM
I really want to shoot Robespierre in the face(it's not really an assassination because he was later guillotined. But he was shot in the jaw(presumed attempted suicide))

But I doubt I'll get to do that because in one of the trailers you see Robespirre with his hands up being threatened by Arno and Elise. And Elise has a gun drawn. So I'm guessing right now that Elise shoots him. Since it's been confirmed Robespirre is a Templar.

Well As per Bowden's book, you are most certainly correct, though Robespierre is not a Templar there(he's not really important to the story). Bear in mind that the books are different from the main game.

Megas_Doux
11-04-2014, 05:43 PM
Not an assassination per se, but I just want Napoleon to troll everybody

VestigialLlama4
11-04-2014, 05:54 PM
Napoleon did troll everyone. All of France saw him as their hero, but friends, critics and enemies soon learned to call him, "Robespierre on Horseback" as Madame de Stael declared.

Ideally the game should end with Napoleon having Arno imprisoned or deported to French Guiana, to show him the complete fool he's been made. Unless of course the game wants to be dark and make Arno and the remaining French Assassins actual collaborators to his rise to power. I mean Napoleon had a thing for Eagles, aside from being a racist and macho pig who brought back slavery, he wasn't all that bad.

Megas_Doux
11-04-2014, 05:59 PM
Use the spoilers tag.........

SpiritOfNevaeh
11-04-2014, 06:17 PM
Napoleon and his co-conspirators getting pwned :p

eagleforlife1
11-05-2014, 05:35 AM
AC Rogue: General James Wolfe -
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Wolfe

AC Unity: Jacques de Flesselles
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_de_Flesselles