PDA

View Full Version : Whispers in Rogue?

DeafAtheist
11-04-2014, 01:46 AM
Some incompetent idiots at Game Informer couldn't figure out how to continue sending a magazine to the same address they've been sending it to for over a year prior to renewal so I missed a few issues that I ended up buying digital versions of on my tablet. The missed issues included September's Assassin's Creed cover issue which I finally read today.

The Rogue article mentioned that whispers from multiplayer have been included in Rogue's single player to warn the player of the presence of stalker enemy types. As a deaf player this greatly concerns me because those whispers have put me at a disadvantage in multiplayer matches which was detrimental to my enjoyment of competitive multiplayer for years. Now I fear Rogue will be equally frustrating for me to play if I have no other method of warning of the presence of this enemy class when I play the game. Can anyone (Escoblades perhaps?(congrats on your new position at Ubi as ComDev BTW) shed some light on my concern here? Is there possibly a rumble or visual cue short of activating eagle vision to be warned or is it just an audio cue as I fear it is?

Alphacos007
11-04-2014, 01:49 AM
There is also some kind of screen warning, I'm not sure how to explain exactly but the borders of the screens turn orange. Still, you can easily see the Stalkers with Eagle Vision, even if you can't hear the whispers.

cawatrooper9
11-04-2014, 02:22 AM
As Alphacos007 pointed out, there is a hazing that occurs around the edges of the screen. You can see it around 1:15 in this video. It's kind of subtle, but it will help at least. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is26o5ApdOY

The_Kiwi_
11-04-2014, 07:58 AM
Yes there is hazing around the screen and also eagle vision
Plus there is a compass which points in the direction of the stalker(s)
I'm not sure about rumble, there wasn't rumble in multiplayer, but now there might be

DeafAtheist
11-04-2014, 12:54 PM
Thanks. That video helped I hadn't seen that one before. That hazing is pretty obvious so that'll work for me. I wish they did something like that for multiplayer... Actually I wish they didn't have the whispers in multiplayer at all because the element of surprise is what made the game fun. It just wasn't fun for me that everyone else had a heads up that I didn't have.

The_Kiwi_
11-04-2014, 01:26 PM
I have my TV volume down so low, can't hear whispers anyway :rolleyes:

Funkinhouser
11-06-2014, 09:30 AM
I have my TV volume down so low, can't hear whispers anyway :rolleyes:

Hi Shane, a fellow Kiwi I see? Good shirt ;)

have you played the demo mate?

Anyone wanna add me via PSN plse feel free

psn: funkinhouser

would be good for future mp co-op yeah.