PDA

View Full Version : Pick up dropped weapons

Reaper-59
11-03-2014, 07:09 PM
Does anyone know if you can still pick up the dropped weapons like the muskets, swords and that from the guards like in the previous AC games (except AC1) and is there still a disarm button while fighting or has that been removed as well?

Alphacos007
11-03-2014, 07:57 PM
Yes you can, to pick up dropped muskets, just walk over them and press the action button. I play on PC so I can't tell exactly what button is that. For me, it's E.
To disarm a guard, you should have no weapon equipped, then press the counter button (that for me is also E), and then while the game is in slow motion, instead of pressing the kill button to make the counter kill, press the one to disarm (In my case, the Space Bar).

Reaper-59
11-03-2014, 08:03 PM
Is that for Unity? Sorry I forgot to mention that.

Sushiglutton
11-03-2014, 08:09 PM
I don't think you can disarm guards anymore as you can't fistfight (you will always have precisely one melee weapon and the game will automatically switch to that in combat). I also don't think you can pick up weapons from what I have seen. Probably because it would mess with the new customization mechanics.

Just stressing this is based on what I have seen, could be off!

Alphacos007
11-03-2014, 08:13 PM
The game didn't release yet so it's very hard to tell, you might want to ask this after the game is out.

Reaper-59
11-03-2014, 08:14 PM
Yeah that's what I was worried about, I enjoyed it when you could pick up different weapons from time to time and use different ones. Also with the disarm I meant like while you have the sword in your hands you could make them drop theirs like you could in ACIII and ACBF.

The game didn't release yet so it's very hard to tell, you might want to ask this after the game is out.

I know, I just wasn't sure if it was show in a video or something that I have missed.

Sushiglutton
11-03-2014, 08:19 PM
Yeah that's what I was worried about, I enjoyed it when you could pick up different weapons from time to time and use different ones. Also with the disarm I meant like while you have the sword in your hands you could make them drop theirs like you could in ACIII and ACBF.

To be fair the average guard will have boring standard weapons and we will be able to get much more interesting ones. The pickup feature was also kind of annoying at times as the B-button was mapped to too many things in certain spots. Personally I prefer it removed.

I see what you meant about the disarm now. I haven't seen that feature, but it may be a skill that can be unlocked or something.