PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILERS] ACU: Whistle?

I_am_Alive_
11-03-2014, 02:05 PM
So I was really worried when I saw all the trailers and leaks and nowhere I saw the word "whistle" in the HUD. I hope some Ubi Master can confirm this or does anybody have their opinion on this? In my opinion it was one of the best additions to the series. It was really missing out until AC3. It's a really really helpful feature, it'll be a shame if they'd not implement it.

strigoi1958
11-03-2014, 02:13 PM
yes it really helped to kill from a hiding place or to separate a guard from a group :D it would be nice to have that again.

DarkSolitudeX
11-03-2014, 03:25 PM
I really did like the whistle mechanic. However the whistle mechanic is not in Unity, it has been stripped out.

wichking
11-03-2014, 05:43 PM
For real ? is it truelly not implemented? That would be again a good feature which is deleted for no reason cuz ubisoft

strigoi1958
11-03-2014, 05:48 PM
I'm getting a little confused as to what constitutes "spoiler" The forum background shows a picture depicting a multi- barreled pistol and a hidden wrist crossbow (below... unless you see a different background)
There are Unity gameplay images from Moderators, the description from the limited editions show what extra weapons and bombs are included and all of these I might consider possible spoilers but the whistle ..... I'm not sure.
http://i60.tinypic.com/1nz2na.jpg

I'm sure it is just as much a headache for the mods as it is for us... it's not a black and white area

DarkSolitudeX
11-03-2014, 05:55 PM
I'm getting a little confused as to what constitutes "spoiler" The forum background shows a picture depicting a multi- barreled pistol and a hidden wrist crossbow (below... unless you see a different background)
There are Unity gameplay images from Moderators, the description from the limited editions show what extra weapons and bombs are included and all of these I might consider possible spoilers but the whistle ..... I'm not sure.
http://i60.tinypic.com/1nz2na.jpg

I'm sure it is just as much a headache for the mods as it is for us... it's not a black and white area

My assumption is: if it hasn't been said or posted by ubisoft, then it's a spoiler.

Fatal-Feit
11-03-2014, 09:16 PM
I haven't caught any whistle prompts in all of the captured gameplay I've seen the past few days. :confused:

Altair1789
11-03-2014, 09:21 PM
I think they also got rid of their loading screens, I'm pretty sure it's just a black screen now :(

For real ? is it truelly not implemented? That would be again a good feature which is deleted for no reason cuz ubisoft

Most of the changes have actually had a pretty decent reason, I really like how they're trying to go back to the roots of AC1 and 2

wichking
11-03-2014, 09:58 PM
and whats the "decent reason" of removing the whistle? For me the perfect experience is when i can act like in the real life and ym enemies aswell(the AI). when iam hiding and a guard is zoned out but i cant reach him i want to distract him with a whistle to lure him. Thats just fully natural. i actually hated that in ac 1 and in the ezio saga it wasnt implemented.
Ac3 made the whisle mechanic pretty good though but black flag made it worse since when you whistles only 1 guard moved to you not all like it was in ac 3

Altair1789
11-04-2014, 01:07 AM
and whats the "decent reason" of removing the whistle? For me the perfect experience is when i can act like in the real life and ym enemies aswell(the AI). when iam hiding and a guard is zoned out but i cant reach him i want to distract him with a whistle to lure him. Thats just fully natural. i actually hated that in ac 1 and in the ezio saga it wasnt implemented.
Ac3 made the whisle mechanic pretty good though but black flag made it worse since when you whistles only 1 guard moved to you not all like it was in ac 3

I guess they thought the whistle kinda wasn't needed since their was the stealth button. It might be because not many missions need the whistle in Unity, or to make it harder.

I also heard that there would be some way to play as certain assassins (including Alta´r, Ezio, Connor, Edward, Aveline etc.) in their own cities with a bunch of missions and side quests, I don't know if this is true but I sure hope it is. Amancio talked a while ago about how the modern day story makes endless possibilities, so he could be talking about rifts and the missions as different assassins

DarkSolitudeX
11-04-2014, 05:41 AM
I also heard that there would be some way to play as certain assassins (including Alta´r, Ezio, Connor, Edward, Aveline etc.) in their own cities with a bunch of missions and side quests, I don't know if this is true but I sure hope it is. Amancio talked a while ago about how the modern day story makes endless possibilities, so he could be talking about rifts and the missions as different assassins

That would be really cool, but I rather doubt it. Then again, with that time-lapse trailer on youtube, who knows.