PDA

View Full Version : Can you turn off tagging/seeing through walls and visibility indicators?

Sejf
11-02-2014, 01:52 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know if we can turn off the tagging of enemies (and by that) seeing them trough walls? And can we turn off the indicators that inform us that enemies can see us?

I know there will be mods that will take care of it, like Ziggy's Mod for FC3. I just find these elements gamebreaking and if we can't turn them off by default then unfortunately I will need to wait until such mods come out.

Has anyone got any info on that?

GUN_SABOTUR
11-03-2014, 11:58 PM
I really hope so but I doubt there have been alot of changes in the way the SP mechanics work since FC3. Like you, I really don't want to be able to "see" where the enemy is when he is standing behind a 6 inch thick wall of iron. Kinda takes away the realism as well as making missions far too easy.

On the back of that I would like to suggest for future far cry's have a proper difficulty level. I recently played through FC3 SP on Master level and it was way way way way way way way too easy.

Compare it to Unchartered 2 or 3 on Crusher and FC just seems like its gifting you trophies for very little effort.

Having gotten the FC2 Platinum, and speaking with other platinum hunters, theres very few people in the world who have that platinum trophy and I feel honoured to have that in my collection. FC3 platinum was way too easy - so please Ubi - make a game thats tough to beat. If some newcomers want to play easy level thats fine - but at least make the Hard setting actually challenging.

GiveMeTactical
11-04-2014, 04:40 PM
Contrary to popular belief, even if the game is rate "R", the game is meant for 8 yr old in minds, if you can't keep them glue to the monitor you will loose them and if you make it hard enough for them to have to use their brains then they will call the game sucky because is hard and won't buy the next installment. UBI does not care to cater to you or me or anyone for that matter, they only care about making as much money as fast as possible.

Prince_Of_Persia
11-04-2014, 08:59 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know if we can turn off the tagging of enemies (and by that) seeing them trough walls? And can we turn off the indicators that inform us that enemies can see us?

I know there will be mods that will take care of it, like Ziggy's Mod for FC3. I just find these elements gamebreaking and if we can't turn them off by default then unfortunately I will need to wait until such mods come out.

Has anyone got any info on that?

This game is console port too, so unfortunately this game is developed for Console Kids, Console nabs & Console noobs. So we still will be able to see enemy's through walls... :(

GUN_SABOTUR
11-04-2014, 10:41 PM
Contrary to popular belief, even if the game is rate "R", the game is meant for 8 yr old in minds....

Contrary to popular belief but what is fact is that the average age of people buying videogames is now 35.

Fair enough - some of those typical 35 year olds are buying for their kids, but gotta understand theres a huge chuck of gamers who are well over the age of 25. In fact, the purchase demographics of inherently classic games such as Far Cry as constantly becoming older and older. Perhaps a survey should be carried out where you post your age when buying a game.

The problems come when - instead of creating a game for the existing demographics - you try to create a game for a younger audience. We see it every day with the likes of Mercedes and BMW who market to a younger and younger audience every year.

The problem I have with that is this - instead of beautifully constructed and well designed cars - you end up with something that looks like a burglars dog. The efforts to create a legendary game fall short because of the compromises in trying to attain an entirely different and parallel goal.

In short - Ubi - stick to making a legendary and memorable game based on the purest principle of gaming - listen to your hardcore fans who know what they are talking about - and dont bend your designs according to your Finance Department or Marketing Gurus. Believe that you have a great game and make sure you have the autonomy to take it forward as a beautiful and timeless game for the future.

GiveMeTactical
11-04-2014, 11:32 PM
Contrary to popular belief but what is fact is that the average age of people buying videogames is now 35.
You are preaching to the choir young man... I have been playing games since Atari Pong

I played Ghost Recon (the original) the one made by Red Storm and not the wannabes that UBI put in place when he got rid of the people who actually created Red Storm and Made the Tom Clancy franchise what it is (Ghost Recon & Rainbow Six)... when tactical meant just that, otherwise you would have to finish the map hopping on 1 leg or 1 arm. When Easy meant you could still go through the session but with a certain respect and carefulness. Hard meant, walk, recon, retrieve if necessary and attack only when you are ready and certain. The enemy got smarter and not just scripted bullets that kill you even when you are covered behind a concrete wall but you die anyway because the scripted code was programmed that way.

Since 2005 when UBI decided that money got in the way of Customer service and Greedy got in the way of doing what is right, ever since then we have been getting crappier and crappier titles and the funny and sad thing is... those so called smart people of 35 have kept buying the games sight unseen or just because my friend said the game was cool, or my favorite one... I spent 60 bucks on a dinner so throwing away on a game is no big deal... and then you wonder why UBI gets away with churning away bad/unfinished console ports?

Flanker1Six
11-07-2014, 04:52 PM
Contrary to popular belief, even if the game is rate "R", the game is meant for 8 yr old in minds, if you can't keep them glue to the monitor you will loose them and if you make it hard enough for them to have to use their brains then they will call the game sucky because is hard and won't buy the next installment. UBI does not care to cater to you or me or anyone for that matter, they only care about making as much money as fast as possible.

That's why consoles have aim assist. .)

Seriously...................I agree the tagging and wall hacking are really annoying and break immersion. If the game doesn't feature options to turn that bleep off, I'm sure the modder community will fix it shortly after release.

For that matter the vanilla GUI in FC3 was obtrusive--and looked great when the modders got done with it.

Difficulty level? Right your are! FC3s NPC visual and auditory horizons were ridiculously short (really quite amazing; when you consider that before FC3's release the Devs were touting how they'd cranked up those game aspects from FC2's). The vanilla guns were bad too. I've learned how to tweak the weapon (and other) stats; using a modder developed software tool, and now when a FC3 DsHK even fires NEAR me, I pee myself. Something else I found that really helped out immersion (and gameplay) was cranking up "encounters" with NPCs to 300% over what they were. A lot more friendly and enemy NPCs, along with resulting VCPs, fire fights, and quicker/more enemy reinforcements and such.

GiveMeTactical
11-07-2014, 07:23 PM
(really quite amazing; when you consider that before FC3's release the Devs were touting how they'd cranked up those game aspects from FC2's).

Therein lies the problem and the why I don't believe a word UBI, their Devs or Employees say... it is ALL part or a marketing Scam that because they have paid some corrupt politicial they can call it Legal but its a scam nonetheless. And also the why I wait for the game to get to the bargain bin price... this way, the patches are out, the modders have fixed what they can and buying a game for 8 bucks to play the campaign only is not a bad deal.:D

BWX232
11-15-2014, 12:06 AM
You'll probably have to wait till Ziggy mods FC4 to make it half way fun for us real gamers. Hopefully the tools will still work, or will be easy for someone to wrote new tools, so they can mod it quickly.

I don't think I will buy FC4 until it is able to be run on SLI and Ziggy has worked his magic on it. maybe if I see it at a good price I will before that though.

Xshadow455
11-15-2014, 05:29 AM
You'll probably have to wait till Ziggy mods FC4 to make it half way fun for us real gamers. Hopefully the tools will still work, or will be easy for someone to wrote new tools, so they can mod it quickly.

I don't think I will buy FC4 until it is able to be run on SLI and Ziggy has worked his magic on it. maybe if I see it at a good price I will before that though.

That is pretty sad when we have to wait for a mod to make the game more fun or challenging for some of us, I also bet we won't be able to put attachments on some weapons like on fc3 either, ziggys mod fixed that and allow you to put silencers and scopes/sights on almost all weapons.

Ironwoods56
11-15-2014, 07:29 AM

I've heard of Ziggy, he also did a mod for Left 4 Dead 2 that made the bots smarter.

On topic yeah that is pretty sad though, they should at least have an option to disable it by choice.