PDA

View Full Version : Unity graphics being trashed on Neogaf

rob1990312
11-01-2014, 11:46 PM
Recently saw unitys graphics being totally ripped apart on neogaf along with a lot of hate
I honestly think it looks fine and still better looking than previous acs having recently seen leaked footage of the game and it still looks great.
are people here worried about the graphics or do you just think the hate is just elitist pc gamer nonsense
Ipersonally think its just elitist nonsense

MnemonicSyntax
11-01-2014, 11:49 PM
Well it depends. Were they trashing PC graphics? Or Console graphics?

Also, in my experience NeoGaf is... biased. But that's just me.

rob1990312
11-01-2014, 11:52 PM
Console but comparing it to pc aswel. But they way they were going on you would swear ubisoft were going to release someting fit for a ps2

RinoTheBouncer
11-01-2014, 11:53 PM
Recently saw unitys graphics being totally ripped apart on neogaf along with a lot of hate
I honestly think it looks fine and still better looking than previous acs having recently seen leaked footage of the game and it still looks great.
are people here worried about the graphics or do you just think the hate is just elitist pc gamer nonsense

Well the graphics aren’t the best. They’re definitely better than all past ACs, but that’s to be expecting since it’s a next-gen exclusive. However, it’s not by any chance representative of true next-gen quality nor is it a marvel whether on its own or in comparison to Final Fantasy XV, for example. But it’s not bad, so far.

I personally find the gameplay we’re seeing now is not on the same level of the Sneak Peek trailer and perhaps not even the E3 demo, but however, I don’t think it’s like BAD bad.

rob1990312
11-01-2014, 11:55 PM
I own a next gen console and none of the graphics on any of the games differ much from unitys
The sneak peak isnt real gameplay

m4r-k7
11-01-2014, 11:56 PM
I've literally given up on this graphics thing. The way I see it is that all AC games have awesome graphics, Unity's looks great. People are way too reliant on graphics. I would much rather Unity being a game that fixes all the past games mistakes and have crap graphics, than be a graphical masterpiece which turns out the worst AC game.

MnemonicSyntax
11-01-2014, 11:56 PM
I will say that Ubisoft can't manage to get hair down, even hair colors. But at least the females don't look like fish anymore... Yes Rebecca and AC2 Lucy, you both looked like large mouth bass.

MnemonicSyntax
11-01-2014, 11:58 PM
I've literally given up on this graphics thing. The way I see it is that all AC games have awesome graphics, Unity's looks great. People are way too reliant on graphics. I would much rather Unity being a game that fixes all the past games mistakes and have crap graphics, than be a graphical masterpiece which turns out the worst AC game.

Pretty much. I have a pretty high end PC and I still love a good ol' game of Loderunner from time to time which has ****e graphics but is still so much fun to play.

Bigodon
11-02-2014, 12:04 AM
it's not only in gaf
or english speakers forums, just saying... it's getting bigger than a half of people *****ing on internet

but this is the most blurry game ps4 owners ever seen in their consoles, we like to have some good image quality without having a blast extreme computer hardware
whats the point? take this and sum with "we are doing parity to avoid debates and stuff"

OF COURSE people gonna rage, consider cancel pre orders and etc
nothing in the world will stop ps4 owners this could be better than we saw in these infamous screenshots

ACfan443
11-02-2014, 12:04 AM
Well it depends. Were they trashing PC graphics? Or Console graphics?

Also, in my experience NeoGaf is... biased. But that's just me.

Console graphics. Have a look for yourself, it's...not a pretty thread

EDIT: wrong link, fixed.

***Spoiler Removed: Link directs to leaked images

RinoTheBouncer
11-02-2014, 12:16 AM
Well the graphics look pretty decent so far, judging by the screenshots posted on that Neogaf thread. They’re not as bad as some make it sound like and I’m a cool-graphics junkie, myself.
Arno in white shirt looks SUPER HOT!

king-hailz
11-02-2014, 12:17 AM
They have no idea what they are talking about! They don't realise that ps4 share feature makes absolute cap screen shots! It's not a proper representation!

rob1990312
11-02-2014, 12:19 AM
Ya and if you check videos leaked in the last day especially french one there is some decent footage
Will i get into trouble for taking about leaks here

Layytez
11-02-2014, 12:34 AM
There is one particular screenshot that will make you cry.

wvstolzing
11-02-2014, 12:45 AM
They have no idea what they are talking about! They don't realise that ps4 share feature makes absolute cap screen shots! It's not a proper representation!

A person has to be either ill-intentioned, or completely stupid to ignore what video compression (not to mention downscaling resolution) does to an image.

That said, it's also true that we've reached a kind of plateau with this photo-realism business; it won't get *drastically* better for a long time to come; and that's not only because of hardware limitations, the economics of tuning everything for consoles, etc. either. Development times & costs are escalating exponentially, to a point where no one will be able even to *afford* developing 'photo-realistic' games.

That would seem to leave companies with two choices: They can either start channeling their resources into gameplay, interactive story-telling, and so on; or they can serialize & monetize 'more of the same' with tiny cosmetic changes on each iteration. It's obvious which path they've already started walking.

m4r-k7
11-02-2014, 12:47 AM
I personally don't want photo realism. I still want a game to look like a game.

Alphacos007
11-02-2014, 12:49 AM
Honestly, I don't see what people are raging about. It's nowhere good enough as the trailers, but it still looks awesome to me. People nowadays are too obcessed with graphics. I'd rather have another AC with AC1 graphics and awesome gameplay, than with Crysis graphics and a trash gameplay.

rob1990312
11-02-2014, 12:52 AM
A person has to be either ill-intentioned, or completely stupid to ignore what video compression (not to mention downscaling resolution) does to an image.

That said, it's also true that we've reached a kind of plateau with this photo-realism business; it won't get *drastically* better for a long time to come; and that's not only because of hardware limitations, the economics of tuning everything for consoles, etc. either. Development times & costs are escalating exponentially, to a point where no one will be able even to *afford* developing 'photo-realistic' games.

That would seem to leave companies with two choices: They can either start channeling their resources into gameplay, interactive story-telling, and so on; or they can serialize & monetize 'more of the same' with tiny cosmetic changes on each iteration. It's obvious which path they've already started walking.
I agree, also i think the problem is that people thought that graphic would improve immensly with next gen consoles but thats nt the case, sure its better but being realistic its not a huge difference

marvelfannumber
11-02-2014, 01:01 AM
I knew from the beginning that Unity would be more of a gameplay upgrade than a graphical upgrade so I am not too bothered with this honestly.

Bashilir
11-02-2014, 01:30 AM
I thought the graphics looked great.

mmac900
11-02-2014, 01:45 AM
PC version looks amaizng

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrVGKFPtNrw

Fatal-Feit
11-02-2014, 02:29 AM
PC version looks amaizng

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrVGKFPtNrw

Even the textures on the PC version looks a bit outdated (including the animations/clipping/etc from other videos). Graphically, this game doesn't look very impressive (it looks like AC:3), but it's the gameplay and aesthetics that matters.

Also, people shouldn't judge its graphics on consoles...

Honestly, I don't see what people are raging about. It's nowhere good enough as the trailers, but it still looks awesome to me. People nowadays are too obcessed with graphics. I'd rather have another AC with AC1 graphics and awesome gameplay, than with Crysis graphics and a trash gameplay.

I'd rather have both. :cool:

Alphacos007
11-02-2014, 02:54 AM
I agree, both would be awesome. But we all know that even the new consoles can't handle such thing.

HypeR.tgL
11-02-2014, 03:06 AM
I just feel a teeny bit sad for them, they feel like they're fighting for something bigger than themselves by trashing a video game.. playing video games is a great past time, with people or not with people, it's a form of entertainment, but spending your day ridiculing it opposed to constructive criticism is no way to enjoy video games.

What a world we live in..

OpticSpecs
11-02-2014, 03:30 AM
I think they will buy the game anyway.

Its a good idea that the graphics are at 900p because the game will run a lot smoother and it want overwork the consoles.

Jarek23
11-02-2014, 04:22 AM
They're not bashing the graphics, they're bashing the fact that the graphics look like crap compared to stage floor demo's that were "supposedly" running on an Xbox One when clearly (now) they were running on a high end PC.

Ubi has done it again, it started with Watch Dogs and people are just tired of being lied too, false advertising isn't cool and ubi is turning into a company that people can't trust.

rprkjj
11-02-2014, 04:25 AM
Even the textures on the PC version looks a bit outdated (including the animations/clipping/etc from other videos). Graphically, this game doesn't look very impressive (it looks like AC:3), but it's the gameplay and aesthetics that matters.

Also, people shouldn't judge its graphics on consoles...

I'd rather have both. :cool:

Really? Okay, it's not the end-all-be-all of graphics, but there is a stark contrast between Unity and AC3, the console versions at least. Seriously, if you want actually muddy textures and npcs, then you can't beat AC3.

MnemonicSyntax
11-02-2014, 05:02 AM
They're not bashing the graphics, they're bashing the fact that the graphics look like crap compared to stage floor demo's that were "supposedly" running on an Xbox One when clearly (now) they were running on a high end PC.

Ubi has done it again, it started with Watch Dogs and people are just tired of being lied too, false advertising isn't cool and ubi is turning into a company that people can't trust.

It's not just Ubisoft, it's pretty much every video game company. Rockstar has done it with GTA V too.

Fatal-Feit
11-02-2014, 06:04 AM
Really? Okay, it's not the end-all-be-all of graphics, but there is a stark contrast between Unity and AC3, the console versions at least. Seriously, if you want actually muddy textures and npcs, then you can't beat AC3.

AC:3 on last gen was atrocious, yes, but I was referring the PC version.

Between AC:3 on PC and the gameplay footage of Unity on the PS4, uncompressed by Gamersyde, they're about the same (''muddy textures and NPCs''), except Unity has 10x as much onscreen NPCs. If I didn't know any better, I would assume Unity is the direct sequel to AC:3 (which it kind of is). :p

iambladers
11-02-2014, 07:03 AM

this. not surprised this flew over everyone else head in this thread.
not surprising seeing this is a ubi forum.

RA503
11-02-2014, 07:12 AM
how important is neogaf to the industry ? they is parameter to something ?

Hans684
11-02-2014, 09:02 AM

1. Every company do it, nothing special about it.

2. E3 is just for show, the purpose is to show the game and how it might be. It's not a promise.

Take everything with a grain of salt.

Matt.mc
11-02-2014, 09:13 AM
1. Every company do it, nothing special about it.

2. E3 is just for show, the purpose is to show the game and how it might be. It's not a promise.

Take everything with a grain of salt.

this, seriously it's not a new thing guys, It's advertisement. Just looking at any ad, they always show the best out of their product. Not the "glitches" and what not.

HypeR.tgL
11-02-2014, 09:20 AM
>Walks into McDonalds
>Looks at the meal items available
>Sees something gorgeously delicious
>Gets order
>????
>"THIS IS NOT WHAT I ORDERED"

TheArcaneEagle
11-02-2014, 10:39 AM
>Walks into McDonalds
>Gets order
>????

What a terrible analogy.

Matt.mc
11-02-2014, 10:47 AM
What a terrible analogy.

Why?

HypeR.tgL
11-02-2014, 11:07 AM
Haha I know, when it comes to comparing E3 to the end product, this is what it reminds me of, stupid, but it makes sense to me; marketing can be deceiving.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-02-2014, 07:54 PM
I don't care too much about graphics. To me they've been fine ever since AC1. I think probably the developers of AC: Unity have had to dispense with some of the more flashy graphics (for example, the swaying bushes we saw in Black Flag) partly because Paris is a city and there just aren't any swaying bushes or palm trees, and partly because they need to conserve processor power for all the hundreds of people that are going to be milling about on the streets in many scenes.

Jarek23
11-02-2014, 08:02 PM
It's not just Ubisoft, it's pretty much every video game company. Rockstar has done it with GTA V too.

They have, and people are tired of it. It's as simple as that.

It used to be rare, think back to the Killzone PS3 reveal, Aliens, etc. versus the final products. But now it's a common practice and a crappy one at that.

People have a right to be angry when they're constantly being deceived, they just want a good game and honesty.

I can almost guarantee that if Watch Dogs revealed as it was in the final product then people would have praised the graphics, because they were great.

RinoTheBouncer
11-02-2014, 08:12 PM

It used to be rare, think back to the Killzone PS3 reveal, Aliens, etc. versus the final products. But now it's a common practice and a crappy one at that.

People have a right to be angry when they're constantly being deceived, they just want a good game and honesty.

I can almost guarantee that if Watch Dogs revealed as it was in the final product then people would have praised the graphics, because they were great.

Perfectly said.

This trend is exacerbating and spreading quite rapidly among video game advertising programs, showing screenshots that are well planned and take from angles you cannot possibly see in the game, and from PC versions in 4K resolution and then the final product is nowhere close to that. I’m not even talking about AC here. It’s a really bad practice that should be stopped because not every gamer knows how things go in the development process. Not every gamer follows every detail. People look up a game trailer, see the screenshots, pre-order the game and then when they get it, they get disappointed and no one can blame them.

Nakigara1985
11-02-2014, 08:13 PM
I don't give damn what those people at Neogaf have to say. Trolls will be trolls and PC gamers will always be PC Master Race elitists. ACU looks very sexy from my POV and once when I finally have the money for a PS4/XBone, Unity will be my first buy.

bitebug2003
11-02-2014, 08:41 PM
Please don't post links to the images.

Thanks

GH0STSoldier00
11-02-2014, 09:02 PM
Honestly after reading most of the comments posted there, I know for sure I wont be visiting Neogaf anytime soon.

TheArcaneEagle
11-02-2014, 09:18 PM
Honestly after reading most of the comments posted there, I know for sure I wont be visiting Neogaf anytime soon.

That would be a good idea, they killed my hype of the game even though they are pretentious experts on gaming with all their hyperboles and exaggerations.

SlyTrooper
11-02-2014, 10:32 PM
Nobody worry about what the haters are saying. They're only doing it to spite Ubi. The same is happening with Far Cry 4 (which looks brilliant).

DumbGamerTag94
11-02-2014, 10:34 PM
From what I've seen of ACU there is nothing to fear

Pr0metheus 1962
11-02-2014, 10:47 PM
Nobody worry about what the haters are saying. They're only doing it to spite Ubi. The same is happening with Far Cry 4 (which looks brilliant).

I wouldn't get your hopes up too high for Far Cry 4, unless you liked AC3. Far Cry 4 is being developed under the leadership of the guy who made AC3 (which also looked brilliant) into the disappointment it is.

SlyTrooper
11-02-2014, 10:49 PM
I wouldn't get your hopes up too high for Far Cry 4, unless you liked AC3. Far Cry 4 is being developed under the leadership of the guy who made AC3 (which also looked brilliant) into the disappointment it is.

You can't hold a grudge forever... Besides, I loved FC3 to death & this looks like the same but with some new awesome features.

Assassin_M
11-02-2014, 10:52 PM
lolgaf
i don't gaf

complaining about the Haystack not shaking when Arno does the leap of faith

I'm really proud of you guys, here. I realize now how this place is not so bad.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-02-2014, 10:59 PM
You can't hold a grudge forever... Besides, I loved FC3 to death & this looks like the same but with some new awesome features.

I'm not holding a grudge. I'm basing future potential on past results of the guy who's leading the team. FC3 was a great game, but that doesn't mean FC4 is going to be. Heck, if past success was proof of a new game's worth, Revelations would have been a work of genius and AC3 would have been the best game to ever grace a game store shelf. That didn't happen.

Patrick Plourde, the guy who led the AC: Brotherhood and Far Cry 3 teams (both games were successes) is not leading the Far Cry 4 team. Instead it's being led by Alex Hutchinson. This is a bad sign. It's bad because Hutchinson has only proven his ability to turn out what I consider to be junk (the embarrassing Army of Two, the truly appalling Spore, and the insulting AC3).

Still, I have FC4 and AC: Unity on pre-order, because I still don't believe that the two Alexes (Amancio and Hutchinson, who messed up Revelations and AC3 respectively) can screw up that badly again. But I just don't think that, based on their previous record, they're capable of pulling off a truly brilliant game. I may have to eat my words (and I'll happily do so if the games turn out to be great, because I'll get a great gaming experience out of it), but in my opinion, neither of them has anything like the ability of a Patrice Désilets or a Patrick Plourde. Hutchinson, in my opinion, shouldn't be leading any game development team after Spore and AC3, while Amancio may - just may - be able to get his act together for Unity.

RinoTheBouncer
11-02-2014, 11:05 PM
I don’t wanna come off like an ***hole here, and I don’t think AC:U looks bad or anything nor to just nag on simple things for the sake of nagging...etc. but isn’t it about time that we start seeing clothes that properly move, plans that don’t look like to intersecting planes with textures of leaves on them, circular shapes that look smooth without these weird flat edges, movements of mouth that doesn’t look like something is stuck, keeping it from closing properly, an environment that reacts to your moves and actions, clothes and weapons that don’t pass through your body in and out as you run?

Like I’m not even talking about a specific AC game, but rather all games in general. Are we ever getting close to that? It’s not like these ruin the gaming experience of me, but just because it doesn’t ruin the experience doesn’t mean we can’t evolve beyond it. Graphics aren’t the most important things in the games, yet they are still very important. When you buy a new console or upgrade your PC to play a new game, it gets disappointing to see that these games have only evolved a few simple baby steps forward and hear continuous justifications like “The generation only just started” or “we have thousands of NPCs” or “this is an open world experience”..etc.

Gameplay doesn’t change much with newer generations, as games from PS1 days are still pretty entertaining and have more original gameplay than most games we have today, and are much more challenging, it’s always the graphics and the realism of portraying characters and their moves, looks, lip synching, teeth, eyes, expressions of emotions, the trees, the glass, the walls, the lighting, the shadows..etc.

Assassin_M
11-02-2014, 11:16 PM
There's actually tessellation and SOME HBAO on the PS4? didnt expect that to be honest

RinoTheBouncer
11-02-2014, 11:25 PM
There's actually tessellation and SOME HBAO on the PS4? didnt expect that to be honest

I’m honestly disappointed that games like FF and MGS always manage to bring the best graphics, while other game developers only bring you excuses about how their games are too complex to bring good graphics and in the end, you neither find the complexity of the game, the beauty of the graphics nor the decent story. It actually bothers me cause maybe graphics aren’t everything, yet it’s just so lame to see everything evolving in baby steps or all the blame being put on consoles. Consoles aren’t as mediocre as Ubisoft and others makes them sound like.

Assassin_M
11-02-2014, 11:28 PM
I’m honestly disappointed that games like FF and MGS always manage to bring the best graphics, while other game developers only bring you excuses about how their games are too complex to bring good graphics and in the end, you neither find the complexity of the game, the beauty of the graphics nor the decent story. It actually bothers me cause maybe graphics aren’t everything, yet it’s just so lame to see everything evolving in baby steps or all the blame being put on consoles. Consoles aren’t as mediocre as Ubisoft and others makes them sound like.
Hey, I appreciate you replying to me and all but really, i'm not in the mood for this, to be honest. You're ma bruh and we can argue about this all day but it'll only give me a headache, so i'll concede:p

Pr0metheus 1962
11-02-2014, 11:28 PM
...these games have only evolved a few simple baby steps forward and hear continuous justifications like “The generation only just started” or “we have thousands of NPCs” or “this is an open world experience”..etc...

While I agree with your other points, it's not like thousands of NPCs is an excuse. You do realize that they draw processing power, right?

As I've said elsewhere, game developers always - ALWAYS - have to make compromises, and as you've said, graphics aren't everything. In a game that's set in a huge city, are properly moving clothes more important than presenting a massive crowd of people? I don't think so.

MnemonicSyntax
11-03-2014, 02:37 AM

It's not being "deceived" if the footage you first see of a game is Alpha footage, which is what it usually ends up being, especially at shows like E3.

Things change during Alpha to Beta and so on, because instances come up. For example in Watch Dogs, Aiden's controls for everything used to be HUD based. That wasn't very helpful when you're trying to change from Stoplight Jammers to Road Spikes while in hot pursuit.

I'm not defending game companies but as a programmer myself (not for games mind you) the beginning result and initial showing of your product or program to your customer isn't hardly ever going to match the end result and sacrifices must be made.

It's probably more time for gamers to realize that initial footage is always alpha footage (even in-game footage can be alpha footage) and should be taken with the honest realization that what the programmers want and what they need for the game to work correctly are two separate worlds.

If we look at Black Flag, and then to Rogue, the devs have already said they discovered ways to improve on previous games, so you get more realistic occurrences like being boarded by other ships instead of just having the only ship in the world that can board other people. I feel the same goes for Unity and it can only go up and up.

Again, I'm not defending the game studios but a lot of this stuff, especially programming, is trial and error. Having to accommodate for thousands of people at once on the screen take priority over other things, and ultimately it all adds up.

RinoTheBouncer
11-03-2014, 03:27 AM
Hey, I appreciate you replying to me and all but really, i'm not in the mood for this, to be honest. You're ma bruh and we can argue about this all day but it'll only give me a headache, so i'll concede:p

Oh it’s OK bruh. Wasn’t even willing to argue this hehe, just pointing out my frustration with some parts of the gaming industry. Hit me up on FB some time, it’s been a while since we last talked.

While I agree with your other points, it's not like thousands of NPCs is an excuse. You do realize that they draw processing power, right?

As I've said elsewhere, game developers always - ALWAYS - have to make compromises, and as you've said, graphics aren't everything. In a game that's set in a huge city, are properly moving clothes more important than presenting a massive crowd of people? I don't think so.

I don’t know, but I felt like every time you bring up any flaw about the game, the excuse is “we have 5000 NPC” for all we know, the game could lag, pop ins would occur and the framerate would drop (despite all the 'compromises') and they’ll say “you should be grateful, we put 5000 NPCs on screen”. It does require processing power, but it seems to be use as an excuse for every single drawback from frame rate to resolution to graphics to animations..etc.

I did say graphics aren’t the most important, yet they’re still very important. They can’t always just put the graphics as the last thing on their list every single time. I mean last year it was because we’re cross-gen, the year before, the game was obviously rushed and didn’t even need an explanation. All these bullshots and trailers reveled early, boasting CGI-like graphics gives fans a false idea about what the product will be and I’m sure you know that not every AC fan is sitting on the forums, tracking the development process and knowing what really goes on, all they know is that the game they got is not the same as the game in the sneak peek or E3 trailer and screenshots.

It’s true that they have to make compromises, but I still believe that if they’re given more time, the outcome would certainly be much better.

LoyalACFan
11-03-2014, 07:39 AM
I don’t wanna come off like an ***hole here, and I don’t think AC:U looks bad or anything nor to just nag on simple things for the sake of nagging...etc. but isn’t it about time that we start seeing clothes that properly move, plans that don’t look like to intersecting planes with textures of leaves on them, circular shapes that look smooth without these weird flat edges, movements of mouth that doesn’t look like something is stuck, keeping it from closing properly, an environment that reacts to your moves and actions, clothes and weapons that don’t pass through your body in and out as you run?

Like I’m not even talking about a specific AC game, but rather all games in general. Are we ever getting close to that? It’s not like these ruin the gaming experience of me, but just because it doesn’t ruin the experience doesn’t mean we can’t evolve beyond it. Graphics aren’t the most important things in the games, yet they are still very important. When you buy a new console or upgrade your PC to play a new game, it gets disappointing to see that these games have only evolved a few simple baby steps forward and hear continuous justifications like “The generation only just started” or “we have thousands of NPCs” or “this is an open world experience”..etc.

Gameplay doesn’t change much with newer generations, as games from PS1 days are still pretty entertaining and have more original gameplay than most games we have today, and are much more challenging, it’s always the graphics and the realism of portraying characters and their moves, looks, lip synching, teeth, eyes, expressions of emotions, the trees, the glass, the walls, the lighting, the shadows..etc.

... meanwhile I'm sitting here ogling at how beautifully Arno's coattails move

pirate1802
11-03-2014, 08:31 AM
lolgaf
i don't gaf

complaining about the Haystack not shaking when Arno does the leap of faith

I'm really proud of you guys, here. I realize now how this place is not so bad.

Now you realize. This place is not half as bad as other forums. Pretentious ******s are not that numerous here.

phoenix-force411
11-03-2014, 11:53 AM
Comparing PC made trailers to in-game PS4 graphics makes zero sense unless you were comparing both versions together. I believe it's obvious that the PC version is the better platform for graphics and framerate. So far, the game looks amazing and the lighting for night time is much better 'cause the darkness is much more heavier.

topeira1980
11-03-2014, 12:04 PM
help me understand something - initiates is a website into which i need to enter a code i get AFTER i buy the game?

UBI always said that there will always be a hood on arnos head but it seems there are two outfits that dont have a hood. i like not having a hood all the time. i just wish there were more hood-less outfits.

TJ_Wylde
11-03-2014, 07:20 PM
Man i haven't been on GAF in almost 10 years. Just went there to look around a bit and omg that place is just pure poison now. Really horrible. Makes me really appreciate this forum a LOT more :D.

But on the subject matter. I saw one thread with a lot of links to images of so called leaked gameplay. Really the more i look at them the more sure i believe that they are F'ing around on purpose. Just look at the image it seems to me like they are for 1. altered. And 2. screenshot taken -> compressed -> saved -> re-enlarged (makes the quality terrible) and a filter put over it. No matter how i look at it that feels like how they did it. Plus. I see no HUD anywhere to actually show any proof that it's really from a PS4 version. For all i know it's a PC version with everything possible turned down into oblivion.

Any which way. I ordered the Guillotine Edition a long time ago. And i'm still 100% happy with it and sure that i'll love and enjoy the game. And that's just how i'll keep looking at it. When i have it in MY hands on MY screen i'll see what it really looks like. But i'm 99.9% sure that i won't be disappointed :cool:

Fatal-Feit
11-03-2014, 09:31 PM
But on the subject matter. I saw one thread with a lot of links to images of so called leaked gameplay. Really the more i look at them the more sure i believe that they are F'ing around on purpose. Just look at the image it seems to me like they are for 1. altered. And 2. screenshot taken -> compressed -> saved -> re-enlarged (makes the quality terrible) and a filter put over it. No matter how i look at it that feels like how they did it. Plus. I see no HUD anywhere to actually show any proof that it's really from a PS4 version. For all i know it's a PC version with everything possible turned down into oblivion.

They're the PS4 version, my man. The screenshots of his physical PS4 copy and in-game puppeteer controls on the top right proves it.

TJ_Wylde
11-03-2014, 10:27 PM
They're the PS4 version, my man. The screenshots of his physical PS4 copy and in-game puppeteer controls on the top right proves it.

We are talking about 2 different posts. I do know which one you are talking about (at least i think that one made by Crossing Eden). I've seen it. But that's not the one i'm talking about. The one with the pics of his actual disk are good to me. It's still very compressed as that just happens with video. But the one i mean is very different and extremely terrible. Valkyre is the thread maker if you wanna see what i was talking about. Not going to link to it here :).

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-03-2014, 10:44 PM
Elitist nonsense.

Unity looks really gorgeous. It may not be representative of true next gen stuff but it's also this gen's infancy still. We'll be getting games better and better and I wouldn't be surprised if both consoles start making improvements that will allow devs to get more out of the system -- more reliable/stable 60fps, 1080p, whatever.

As it stands, the PS4 is more capable of getting 1080p than the Xbox One but neither console has really had many games getting 60fps AND 1080p but perhaps that will change when devs get better with the hardware.

...or maybe it won't. And who cares? I'm sure 60fps is fantastic but 30fps is just fine. The difference between 1080p and 900p is negligible. You can only really tell the difference in side by side comparisons.

Dazfeeder
11-03-2014, 11:56 PM
I have all 3 systems and im torn between which version to get, I have a PC that can easily run the game but Im worried that its gonna be another watchdogs in terms of optimisiation, so do I get it for PS4 or PC :s

Alphacos007
11-04-2014, 12:03 AM
I'm getting it for PC because I'm a PC lover, but if you're worried, I suppose you should go for PS4, there is no mistake there other than the somewhat worse graphics.

Fatal-Feit
11-04-2014, 12:35 AM
Go for the PC version. No online fee/restriction and you can always upgrade your PC in the future.

Watch_Dogs' port wasn't too bad, only the high-end PC suffers because ultra settings caused stuttering.

Dazfeeder
11-04-2014, 12:50 AM
yeah it was bad on ultra mate, i have an I7-4790 and a GTX 780 6gb so im hoping I wont run into any trouble, so excited to play this game.

Fatal-Feit
11-04-2014, 01:02 AM
With a rig like that (you lucky mofo :(), worse case scenario is running the game with mostly console settings at higher res. There's no reason for you to get Unity on the PS4, unless you have friends on there.

Dazfeeder
11-04-2014, 01:53 AM
With a rig like that (you lucky mofo :(), worse case scenario is running the game with mostly console settings at higher res. There's no reason for you to get Unity on the PS4, unless you have friends on there.

ok cheers mate, PC it is then, cheaper too.

pirate1802
11-04-2014, 05:38 AM
Man i haven't been on GAF in almost 10 years. Just went there to look around a bit and omg that place is just pure poison now. Really horrible. Makes me really appreciate this forum a LOT more :D.

Any which way. I ordered the Guillotine Edition a long time ago. And i'm still 100% happy with it and sure that i'll love and enjoy the game. And that's just how i'll keep looking at it. When i have it in MY hands on MY screen i'll see what it really looks like. But i'm 99.9% sure that i won't be disappointed :cool:

Yeah, I had a look at the screens and my first thought was... no way it could be that bad. I mean yes, Ubi is known for downgrading and all, but come on, this looks worse than AC1 :o Something's gotta be off.

I'd place my bets on someone intentionally ****ing too, given how many people posted there they actually want the game to fail and the general ball they're having with the screens.

Dev_Anj
11-04-2014, 06:29 AM
I'd place my bets on someone intentionally ****ing too, given how many people posted there they actually want the game to fail and the general ball they're having with the screens.

Honestly, there are a lot of people who'd want huge franchises like AC and Halo to fail, simply because they're popular inspite of their flaws. It's really stupid, but unfortunately true.

marvelfannumber
11-04-2014, 06:34 AM

Let's just wait until the game comes out rather than make conspiracy theories eh guys?

There is just a week left until it comes out in the states after all.

RinoTheBouncer
11-04-2014, 02:13 PM
... meanwhile I'm sitting here ogling at how beautifully Arno's coattails move

Good for you.

topeira1980
11-04-2014, 02:22 PM
i just dont get the fuss. yeah, there is a batch of really ugly screenshots but there are TONS of trailers and quit a few leaked gameplay videos that show how the game look, and it looks just fine. kind of pretty, if u ask me. no doubt the best looking AC game to date. it might lack the sharpness of ACBF but everything else is looking really good. much better than ACBF, which is the pretties AC released.

i dont get the complaints. judging a game by static screenshots when there are SO MANY videos that represent the game much more faithfully.

uplaydawg
11-04-2014, 04:19 PM
The problem, as I see it, isn't the graphics comparison... it's the artificial limiting by Ubisoft of graphics to the lowest common denominator in order to provide a "unified" gaming experience and avoid all that "console comparison" stuff. They should be developing the game to the strengths of each individual platform. Many other publishers do just that. I'm not going to get into the conspiracy theories behind it, as those have been hashed about a million times on the web. But this is NOT a practice that gamers should support.

As a result, I have cancelled my ACU preorder. It will be the first in the AC series that I will have missed, and I will miss playing it... but I won't support such practices.

topeira1980
11-04-2014, 06:10 PM
The problem, as I see it, isn't the graphics comparison... it's the artificial limiting by Ubisoft of graphics to the lowest common denominator in order to provide a "unified" gaming experience and avoid all that "console comparison" stuff. They should be developing the game to the strengths of each individual platform. Many other publishers do just that. I'm not going to get into the conspiracy theories behind it, as those have been hashed about a million times on the web. But this is NOT a practice that gamers should support.

As a result, I have cancelled my ACU preorder. It will be the first in the AC series that I will have missed, and I will miss playing it... but I won't support such practices.

and you believe them?

please. it makes absolutely no sense if they limited the PS4 for parity's sake. they are pushing the PS4 so hard, why would they limit it?
UBI also stated that the game is CPU bound and not GPU, which means that since the PS4 and XB1 have nearly the same power in the CPU, that the game cant run on PS4 on higher res and frame rate no matter what GPU it has. at least not now. maybe with a patch later. it isnt unlikely to believe that the CPU of both consoles is the bottleneck.

UBI also said that 30 FPS is the most cinematic so they picked 30fps over 60fps . you believe them with this as well? B%tch please :) they just couldnt squeeze more FPS out of the game and they probably dont want to sound incompetent so they pretend its on purpose. if they COULD make the game on higher FPS than you wouldnt hear so many complaints about the older XB1 version deeping below 30 often in game show demos.

it's all PR talk. not true business practices.

rob1990312
11-04-2014, 06:15 PM

that is just ridiculous the game will be grand and the graphics will still be good. to be honest the downgrade is small and makes barely any difference to the game, people are just overreacting now
although thats not to say the game couldnt be bad with or without good graphics but only time will reveal that

jayjay275
11-04-2014, 06:50 PM
It is truly sad that people are cancelling pre-orders or simply not buying a game, over it's graphics.

marvelfannumber
11-04-2014, 07:18 PM
It is truly sad that people are cancelling pre-orders or simply not buying a game, other it's graphics.

I'm glad they are speaking with their wallets instead of going "Arghh I hate Ubisoft and their stupid practices, oh well time to buy Unity and all dem DLCs".

Put your tounge in your wallets guys, if you don't want to support something you don't have to and I commend that you have the ****s to do so.

(as a reminder I don't care about the graphics thing personally, it's just Ubi's terrible PR at work again if you ask me)

mmac900
11-04-2014, 07:45 PM
If these screenshots have been modified (which I believe they have been) now is the time for ubisoft to release some screens of their own to disprove that.

topeira1980
11-04-2014, 08:53 PM
If these screenshots have been modified (which I believe they have been) now is the time for ubisoft to release some screens of their own to disprove that.

who needs screens?? there are many many trailers (and leaked gameplay) out already with the final version of the game. we already KNOW how it looks like. screw the screenshots. i dont know how they got to be so ugly or how the game looks kinda bad when its standing still or what's wrong with the game+the PS4's capture software. it doesnt matter. gameplay looks great. i love it. if i had a console i'd still be getting it.

true SSs of games always look worse than the moving thing for simple technical and psychological reasons. ppl need to let it go.

pirate1802
11-05-2014, 08:06 AM

Lol, if I thought like that I'd be sitting on my bum playing absolutely no games whatsoever, save for Crysis and a few other games designed to take full advantage of my console of choice.

Fortunately, I don't. I think graphics is an insanely trivial issue to cancel my preorder on, but that's just me being illogical.

Sesheenku
11-05-2014, 09:03 AM
Let me start this by saying that what follows after is a rant, this is not aimed at anyone specific (except that one part aimed at the OP) and I decided to vent some steam since this topic is related.

I personally don't think the graphics bad.

rant start\\\\\\Let me be clear about one thing and this is something all gamers should reflect on...

You guys need to stop invalidating criticism with your opinions as in, when someone says this isn't good enough a valid argument isn't "oh you're entitled" or "oh I think it looks fine, what did you expect?"

Those kind of arguments are nonsense and are worth jack squat in a proper debate.

@OP

Your PC elitist comment is childish.

Accept that console and PC are different and respect opinions and offer more to a debate than "stupid elitists" you're part of the problem and part of the group I mentioned. They're not stupid, PC players are used to more and PAY for more, and yes that means they have the right to criticize when they feel something isn't up to par. You saying they're elitists or that it looks fine does nothing useful.

Honestly, I'm sick and tired of seeing it, I purchased FF13 on steam which ended up being a horrible port and now gamers are telling other gamers to be quiet, that at least SE brought it to the store or at least it's playable, what more did you expect? Just because in your OPINION 720p is okay doesn't mean it's acceptable for a PC game. You don't invalidate arguments by saying, it was 15 dollars so 720p is fine, stop whining.

I'm seeing these types of arguments in gamers and I'm convinced there's some sort of collective IQ drop where nobody knows how to offer a valid argument in a debate anymore or that because it's okay for them it should be okay for everybody. There's only ever "shut up you're whining" or "shut up this company is filth"

Stop it. Anyone who's making arguments like that, stop it.\\\\\\\\rant end

topeira1980
11-05-2014, 11:06 AM
Let me start this by saying that what follows after is a rant, this is not aimed at anyone specific (except that one part aimed at the OP) and I decided to vent some steam since this topic is related.

rant start\\\\\\Let me be clear about one thing and this is something all gamers should reflect on...

You guys need to stop invalidating criticism with your opinions as in, when someone says this isn't good enough a valid argument isn't "oh you're entitled" or "oh I think it looks fine, what did you expect?"

Those kind of arguments are nonsense and are worth jack squat in a proper debate.

@OP

Accept that console and PC are different and respect opinions and offer more to a debate than "stupid elitists" you're part of the problem and part of the group I mentioned. They're not stupid, PC players are used to more and PAY for more, and yes that means they have the right to criticize when they feel something isn't up to par. You saying they're elitists or that it looks fine does nothing useful.

Honestly, I'm sick and tired of seeing it, I purchased FF13 on steam which ended up being a horrible port and now gamers are telling other gamers to be quiet, that at least SE brought it to the store or at least it's playable, what more did you expect? Just because in your OPINION 720p is okay doesn't mean it's acceptable for a PC game. You don't invalidate arguments by saying, it was 15 dollars so 720p is fine, stop whining.

I'm seeing these types of arguments in gamers and I'm convinced there's some sort of collective IQ drop where nobody knows how to offer a valid argument in a debate anymore or that because it's okay for them it should be okay for everybody. There's only ever "shut up you're whining" or "shut up this company is filth"

i agree with a lot of what you said. bad ports are bad ports. there is a certain standard that ports need to match to be considered good and if a standard is set than any product that falls below it (not just in gaming) is scrutinized and criticized and rightfully so.

however there is such a thing as cost and value. something of low cost can be of lesser value and its understandable. for example - about 3 weeks ago my friends wanted to go to the new dracula movie. another friend of mine said he saw it and it isnt good. i value his opinion and decided not to pay about 12$ to see this movie since it isnt worth it.
however 2 weeks ago we had a "cinema day" in my country - all movies for 2$ everywhere in the country. for THAT value i was willing to see the movie, even if it's bad.
same goes for games - if i pay about 10$ for a game i expect to get less than for a game i pay 50$ or 60$ for. if i buy ACU for 60$ i expect a really bloody good port that looks great and runs great and i will be pi$$ed if it isnt.
but if i wait a year and the price goes down to 15$ i will still be annoyed if the game is a pretty bad port but playable, but i wouldnt consider it a bad investment because for 15$ im willing to except a mediocre experience since im paying for such. what makes it feel like a bigger loss than it is, to me, is the potential. is the fact that once that game was once a AAA title that i expect more of. i dont just expect the game feel like a 15$ game because i know it isnt.
but subjectively i should expect a certain amount of entertainment that is equivalent to the amount of capital i invested in the product. this is a subjective matter that can only become OBjective if a certain standard is share among us all... but still...

i hope i got my point across. its ambiguous, but i think you know what i was trying to say.... even if english isnt my native tongue....

rob1990312
11-05-2014, 08:12 PM

@OP

You should practice what you preach , you just aimed a huge rant at me because you didnt like my opinion
Now stop whining : )

dandins
11-05-2014, 09:51 PM
Assassins Creed was never a game of beautiful tiny details that are still suprising when playing after 50hours.
The "overwhelming factor" allways went straight down - so far. Think its owed to the short development timg (for a open world game).

As long as they succeed creating this "warm" feeling when the sun goes down and the last few rays of light come along - I would call it a good new gen job. its simply because this was the only thing that impressed me in the trailers - everything else was just not new. But Im afraid they had a real hard time to make it run smoothly and the short time of realizing this only allows to cut effects, details and so on...

Making a game impressive on a console is a much higher challenge because you can directly compare the level of graphic to other games. Making a good game for pc is no challenge at all because you can simply use unlimited hardware power.

In other words: You can see the talent and ambition of game developers in their console versions.

(ps4/xboxone comment)

Sesheenku
11-05-2014, 11:01 PM
You should practice what you preach , you just aimed a huge rant at me because you didnt like my opinion
Now stop whining : )

You should develop some reading comprehension.

The part of my rant aimed at you mocked your inability to make a good argument, I not only told you why your post was stupid but I gave you reasons why it was stupid. Unlike you who just gave your opinion with nothing to back it up.

Don't waste my time if you're not going to engage my points, I don't need a post a troll or a simpleton could write. Those are easy to find.

Let me break it down though in case it was too difficult for you dear..

1 -> You claim PC users are elitist for complaining about graphics

2 -> I tell you they're not because they pay more for their experience and it's expected in all PC games. You don't pay for lobster and then shut up and be quiet when they bring you cheap crab, you're entitled to your lobster yes ENTITLED. You paid for the bloody lobster.

That clear enough?

This post was pointless too because instead of addressing my points you got agitated that I mentioned your post was childish and tried to ad hominem your way through.

When you're done being salty, let me know so I can read a post from you that's hopefully calm and sensible.

rob1990312
11-05-2014, 11:23 PM
i dont care about debating with you, i think a lot of it is elitist nonsense because pc gamers think they are better or smarter than console gamers( just like right now when you are talking to me like a child). a lot of them havent a clue wat they are talking about, not all of them but a lot. also i think a lot of pc gamers are suckers for pay so much money for expensive gaming pcs wen all you are going to get is mostly ****ty ports of games that are mainly made for consoles such as ac and then ye complain. The point of this thread was what did people thing about the massive over reaction on neogaf and where they worried them selves about the game, just stay on topic
this thread is aimed at people playing it on either ps4 or xbox one

Assassin_M
11-05-2014, 11:37 PM
Both of you, naughty corner. NOW, misters.

rob1990312
11-05-2014, 11:42 PM
what do u reckon m do you think it will still look good on ps4 or xbox when it comes out

Assassin_M
11-05-2014, 11:44 PM
what do u reckon m do you think it will still look good on ps4 when it comes out
It already looks good. Unity has had no downgrade whatsoever(it'll look the best on PC, of course) it's the rad thing to hate on Ubi these days. The PS4 version looks gorgeous and very close to the reveal trailer from back in April. Only differences are some textures here and there. Heck, I didnt think PS4 would have tessellation. I marked the F out when I saw tessellation.

But hey, Seesh is a cool guy. He's just pretty argumentative, don't take his words too personally.

rob1990312
11-05-2014, 11:48 PM
hopefully the rest is just as good

iambladers
11-05-2014, 11:48 PM
its an absolute joke of a downgrade.
Ubi, you have outdone yourself this time around.
unfreaking believeable.

http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_assassin_s_creed_unity_e3_coop_demo_micro soft-32262_en.html
i'm mean look at this e3 footage, look at it. ppl would you look at it!!!!

Now its an average subpar 25fps 900p downgraded mess.this game is in shambles ppl.

101 trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rd2bFfwBg0

"ACU is the most innovative leap forward for next-gen gaming"

"technological advancement"

"power of next gen engineering"

"we've pushed your new hardware to the absolute limit'

"the next gen experience you've been waiting for"

haha its funny at best now. what a fraud company.

the entire marketing team should be jailed!

rob1990312
11-05-2014, 11:51 PM
ya but in fairness the city is huge with another small city nearly the size of boston, its to scale,, its seamless and has Massive crowds and good graphics, wat other next gen can boast that

Assassin_M
11-05-2014, 11:56 PM
unfreaking believeable.

http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_assassin_s_creed_unity_e3_coop_demo_micro soft-32262_en.html

Now its an average subpar 25fps 900p downgraded mess.this game is in shambles ppl.

101 trailer

http://memecrunch.com/image/5072128dafa96f3ee70004c4.jpg?w=400
there, there

Sesheenku
11-05-2014, 11:57 PM
i dont care about debating with you, i think a lot of it is elitist nonsense because pc gamers think they are better or smarter than console gamers

This is something that you've fabricated and is all in your head. Perhaps you shouldn't make assumptions about a group of people. Generalizations and absolutes are for fools. I don't automatically have any perception on any given gamer, I give them a chance to speak before I develop an opinion and don't make fun of them just because they don't know some techno babble.

( just like right now when you are talking to me like a child).

"All pc gamers are elitists"

If you argue like a child, I'll treat you like a child.

If you argue with me like you've seen Assassin M argue with me, I will give you the utmost respect and consider reasonable points. "All gamers of this group are x" is not a reasonable point.

a lot of them havent a clue wat they are talking about, not all of them but a lot. also i think a lot of pc gamers are suckers for pay so much money for expensive gaming pcs wen all you are going to get is mostly ****ty ports of games that are mainly made for consoles such as ac and then ye complain.

This point seems like another ignorant generalization, please understand that I'm not trying to be offensive or mean to you, simply calling you out on flimsy arguments that are nasty generalizations.

Generalizations make you look dumb because they are dumb. Not everyone of a group is the same.

Finally it's clear you're either exaggerating or know nothing of the PC gaming market if you're saying it's mostly ****ty ports. That's entirely false and I can provide proof if need be.

The point of this thread was what did people thing about the massive over reaction on neogaf and where they worried them selves about the game, just stay on topic

An over reaction is subjective. I'm not here to debate about subjective points, only show you objective reasoning to validate why I think it's okay not to be entirely happy with the current state of Unity.

So because I'm not in a specific group you like my opinion is not welcome?

Please tell me you have more dignity for yourself then that.

Both of you, naughty corner. NOW, misters.

But M :(, the argument in his OP is unacceptable!

rob1990312
11-05-2014, 11:57 PM
ha anyone who works in marketing is just evil anyway

Pr0metheus 1962
11-05-2014, 11:58 PM
The bottom line is that people are going to buy what they want to buy. Heck, I just cancelled my pre-order of AC: Rogue because I'm concerned that it might be a glorified DLC. I'll wait for the reviews and buy it later if my fears are unfounded. Anyway, I can't play two games at once, so I may as well buy Unity first.

Regarding the graphics issue, I grew up in the 1960s and '70s and didn't get my hands on a video game console until 1980. the graphics were crap, but the gameplay was good for the time. We didn't demand much because it was the start of video gaming. In my view, graphics got as good as I ever need them to be when the last generation of consoles hit the shelves, so you'll never find me whining about graphics quality, because I think that's a superficial issue. But younger gamers may disagree. If Unity turns out to be great, it's their loss if they don't get the game, as far as I'm concerned. On the other hand, if the game sucks, they win and I lose. But it's not exactly a big deal either way.

People are going to buy what they want to buy, and some folks aren't as excited by AC as I am, so my attitude is, there's no point in getting all upset if someone cancels his order. That's his right, and it certainly won't impact my enjoyment of the game.

Alphacos007
11-06-2014, 12:01 AM
The bottom line is that people are going to buy what they want to buy. Heck, I just cancelled my pre-order of AC: Rogue because I'm concerned that it might be a glorified DLC. I'll wait for the reviews and buy it later if my fears are unfounded. Anyway, I can't play two games at once, so I may as well buy Unity first.

Regarding the graphics issue, I grew up in the 1960s and '70s and didn't get my hands on a video game console until 1980. the graphics were crap, but the gameplay was good for the time. We didn't demand much because it was the start of video gaming. In my view, graphics got as good as I ever need them to be when the last generation of consoles hit the shelves, so you'll never find me whining about graphics quality, because I think that's a superficial issue. But younger gamers may disagree. If Unity turns out to be great, it's their loss if they don't get the game, as far as I'm concerned. On the other hand, if the game sucks, they win and I lose.

People are going to buy what they want to buy, and some folks aren't as excited by AC as I am, so my attitude is, there's no point in getting all upset if someone cancels his order. That's his right, and it certainly won't impact my enjoyment of the game.

200% agreed, I have the exact same vision than you. Except for the part "If Unity turns out to be great, it's their loss if they don't get the game, as far as I'm concerned. On the other hand, if the game sucks, they win and I lose.", because for me, even if it's worse than AC3, it'll still be good.

rob1990312
11-06-2014, 12:01 AM
look im keeping this casual if i was interested in wat u are saying to me i could debate it but im not

Assassin_M
11-06-2014, 12:02 AM
But M :(, the argument in his OP is unacceptable!
You should kiss and make up first. Then start arguing again, see where it goes.

rob1990312
11-06-2014, 12:04 AM
200% agreed, I have the exact same vision than you. Except for the part "If Unity turns out to be great, it's their loss if they don't get the game, as far as I'm concerned. On the other hand, if the game sucks, they win and I lose.", because for me, even if it's worse than AC3, it'll still be good.

+1

Sesheenku
11-06-2014, 12:07 AM
look im keeping this casual if i was interested in wat u are saying to me i could debate it but im not

That's fine if you don't want to debate, I simply said it's nearly impossible to take people seriously when they generalize.

I do apologize if any parts of my posts could have been interpreted as rude, I simply greatly dislike generalizations of any group. If someone came in here right now and used the word "console kiddies" and then proceeded to tack on a bunch of traits supposedly held by a group of some hundreds of thousands of people I would also argue them as I did you.

I have no tolerance for generalizations of any kind.

I'm not just a PC gamer btw, I game on any device that has a game I like. I respect all manner of gamers. Perhaps I haven't always but I've learned from my mistakes.

You should kiss and make up first. Then start arguing again, see where it goes.

I suppose I could apologize.

Liamxx7
11-06-2014, 12:08 AM
It baffles me how sensitive you people are about graphics. They don't even look bad! That's what I don't understand about graphic hungry clowns, they won't accept that the game looks gorgeous. Apparently the game needs to be notched the **** up in every way 10times over for the graphics to be even a little acceptable for you nerds. And yea I own a gaming pc. 30 fps is fine. If you can't accept that then you have OCD over video games.

Sesheenku
11-06-2014, 12:10 AM
It baffles me how sensitive you people are about graphics. They don't even look bad! That's what I don't understand about graphic hungry clowns, they won't accept that the game looks gorgeous. Apparently the game needs to be notched the **** up in every way 10times over for the graphics to be even a little acceptable for you nerds. And yea I own a gaming pc. 30 fps is fine. If you can't accept that then you have OCD over video games.

The graphics are fine and 30 fps is fine, I do take issue with Amancio telling us that 30 fps is better though. I take issue with his treatment of the consumer base rather than the resolution, performance, and overall graphical quality of the game.

However I don't discredit any arguments complaining about it, if you intend to pay for a product then you have a right to complain. You also have a right to be satisfied.

What's baffling to me is the two camps of gamers yelling at each other saying it's wrong to be satisfied or it's wrong to complain when both are actually right. Everyone has a right to do either and nobody can take that right away.

Megas_Doux
11-06-2014, 12:14 AM
The graphics are fine and 30 fps is fine, I do take issue with Amancio telling us that 30 fps is better though. I take issue with his treatment of the consumer base rather than the resolution, performance, and overall graphical quality of the game.

However I don't discredit any arguments complaining about it, if you intend to pay for a product then you have a right to complain. You also have a right to be satisfied.

What's baffling to me is the two camps of gamers yelling at each other saying it's wrong to be satisfied or it's wrong to complain when both are actually right. Everyone has a right to do either and nobody can take that right away.

I dont take an issue with the 900 and 30 fps per se, but the entire PR debacle instead.

Sesheenku
11-06-2014, 12:18 AM
I dont take an issue with the 900 and 30 fps per se, but the entire PR debacle instead.

Precisely what I'm saying.

I think Mr.Amancio's words to us were nothing short of insulting and belittling. I don't personally think the difference between 30 and 60 is a big deal but I do take issue with them trying to say 30 is definitely better, it's most certainly not.

60 is still smoother.

From the start I never expected them to hit 1080p and 60 but their words upset me greatly. All they needed to say was sorry guys, we're not yet capable enough with the new consoles to do this or we don't want to sacrifice graphical fidelity for performance or resolution.

That's all they needed to say. Be honest rather than giving us intelligence insulting excuses.

Fatal-Feit
11-06-2014, 12:22 AM
...This post. I'll take the bait. :p

You're ridiculous. They're complaining about the PS4 version, not PC. We've only gotten a glimpse of the PC version in a short trailer.

This isn't ''PC elitist nonsense'', it's ''console elitist nonsense''. Just like the outrage from the 900p, 30fps debacle.

i dont care about debating with you, i think a lot of it is elitist nonsense because pc gamers think they are better or smarter than console gamers( just like right now when you are talking to me like a child).

PC gamers don't think they're smarter, or better, that's your insecurity talking. ;)

a lot of them havent a clue wat they are talking about, not all of them but a lot.

The majority of PC gamers wouldn't be PC gamers if they didn't have any iota about what they're talking about. It's proof of their understanding of how the basics of graphics work. They're the ones who will be playing and tweaking with the graphical settings of Unity.

also i think a lot of pc gamers are suckers for pay so much money for expensive gaming pcs wen all you are going to get is mostly ****ty ports of games that are mainly made for consoles such as ac and then ye complain.

People uses ''****ty'' ports too loosely. Yes, the port is bad, but that doesn't mean said expensive rigs won't render the game better than the console counterparts. They're still getting a better experience, the definitive experience, just not the quality they're entitled too.

The point of this thread was what did people thing about the massive over reaction on neogaf and where they worried them selves about the game, just stay on topic

Contradiction much? This is just like the other thread. People brought PC into the discussion, ridiculed it, and now that you've been lectured, you're saying it's ''off topic'', despite it's still addressing the topic, which quote '' do you just think the hate is just elitist pc gamer nonsense. Ipersonally think its just elitist nonsense.'' Okay, mate. Whatever you say. ;)

It's clearly not aimed at PS4 or X1 owners, but if it is, it's an insult towards PC gamers, which they can report.

Just Super Saiyan.

[EDIT] **** me, I'm a few pages late. :(

Sesheenku
11-06-2014, 12:24 AM
...This post. I'll take the bait. :p

You're ridiculous. They're complaining about the PS4 version, not PC. We've only gotten a glimpse of the PC version in a short trailer.

This isn't ''PC elitist nonsense'', it's ''console elitist nonsense''. Just like the outrage from the 900p, 30fps debacle.

PC gamers don't think they're smarter, or better, that's your insecurity talking. ;)

The majority of PC gamers wouldn't be PC gamers if they didn't have any iota about what they're talking about. It's proof of their understanding of how the basics of graphics work. They're the ones who will be playing and tweaking with the graphical settings of Unity.

People uses ''****ty'' ports too loosely. Yes, the port is bad, but that doesn't mean said expensive rigs won't render the game better than the console counterparts. They're still getting a better experience, the definitive experience, just not the quality they're entitled too.

Contradiction much? This is just like the other thread. People brought PC into the discussion, ridiculed it, and now that you've been lectured, you're saying it's ''off topic'', despite it's still addressing the topic, which quote '' do you just think the hate is just elitist pc gamer nonsense. Ipersonally think its just elitist nonsense.'' Okay, mate. Whatever you say. ;)

It's clearly not aimed at PS4 or X1 owners, but if it is, it's an insult towards PC gamers, which they can report.

Just Super Saiyan.

I think I wanna be the animu girl to your llama now.

iambladers
11-06-2014, 12:27 AM
ya but in fairness the city is huge with another small city nearly the size of boston, its to scale,, its seamless and has Massive crowds and good graphics, wat other next gen can boast that

GTA V, 1080p, locked 30fps. Bigger City, Denser City, More Traffic, 32 players, Realistic Ocean, Insane LOD & Draw Distance Seamless, Endless Activities, First Person View, Hundreds of Fully Functional Vehicle Interior, Fully Dynamic Time Of Day, Weather, Graphix 50x better, Attention to detail. Innovation is night and day.

And this is just to name a few.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idA9BEA4Hxs

please end this now and don't embarrass yourself any further. ubi deserves everything coming to them and then some.

Assassin_M
11-06-2014, 12:30 AM
GTA V
GTA V sucks. It's a subpar product tailored for hungry little fanboys. R* spurts out ****ty ports on PC and uses micro-transactions, they're a turd company.

My Digimon Adventure on the PSP looks better than that cash grab of a next gen port.

rob1990312
11-06-2014, 12:31 AM
my god lads ye have too much time on yer hands my opinion on pc gamers isnt going to change wether its right or wrong and ye wont change that. if you take offence report it and if the mods feel that it should be changed ill change it

rob1990312
11-06-2014, 12:33 AM
GTA V, 1080p, locked 30fps. Bigger City, Denser City, More Traffic, 32 players, Realistic Ocean, Insane LOD & Draw Distance Seamless, Endless Activities, First Person View, Hundreds of Fully Functional Vehicle Interior, Fully Dynamic Time Of Day, Weather, Graphix 50x better, Attention to detail. Innovation is night and day.

And this is just to name a few.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idA9BEA4Hxs

please end this now and don't embarrass yourself any further. ubi deserves everything coming to them and then some.

fair enough but rockstar are in a league of their own

Sesheenku
11-06-2014, 12:35 AM
my god lads ye have too much time on yer hands my opinion on pc gamers isnt going to change wether its right or wrong and ye wont change that if you take offence report it and if the mods feel that it should be changed ill change it

You refusal to admit when you're wrong is disappointing and shows you lack maturity.

Next time you blatantly insult any group with a ridiculous generalization I will most certainly report you. If that's the only way to get through to you then so be it. Don't say I didn't try diplomacy.

rob1990312
11-06-2014, 12:38 AM
but im not wrong

Sesheenku
11-06-2014, 12:41 AM
but im not wrong

Anything that starts with

"All people of this group are x" is wrong.

If you deny it's wrong than there are only two conclusions that can be made. You're young and your intelligence has not yet fully matured or you have a dangerously bad set of ideologies.

The other types of people that lump people into groups are

extremists

racists

homophobes

and other such detestable people.

Even if you aren't any of those things, you think like they do. Racists say all black people are scum, homophobes say all gay people are filth and extremists say all of one group of people should be eradicated or are beneath them.

iambladers
11-06-2014, 12:44 AM
fair enough but rockstar are in a league of their own

But R* doesn't do bait and switch and they certainly don't lie about how their game is the best thing since sliced bread.

rob1990312
11-06-2014, 12:45 AM
haha now who is generalising, i could report you for that comment i reckon theyre not nice accusations to make against a person but i wont cuz i dnt care
i just want to discuss the game stop derailing the thread

rob1990312
11-06-2014, 12:48 AM
But R* doesn't do bait and switch and they certainly don't lie about how their game is the best thing since sliced bread.

actually there marketing is a lot more low key compared to ubisofts and they nearly always deliver

iambladers
11-06-2014, 12:50 AM
GTA V sucks. It's a subpar product tailored for hungry little fanboys. R* spurts out ****ty ports on PC and uses micro-transactions, they're a turd company.

My Digimon Adventure on the PSP looks better than that cash grab of a next gen port.

Dat last gen ether.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmIgFtLa00Y

Sesheenku
11-06-2014, 12:50 AM
haha now who is generalising, i could report you for that comment i reckon they not nice accusations to make against a person but i wont cuz i dnt care
i just want to discuss the game stop derailing the thread

You could report but it would do nothing because it wasn't an insult.

Merely me telling you what other groups of people generalize foolishly.

Unfortunately you fail to see my posts are entirely on topic, you're just avoiding my arguments because there's no way to counter them and then providing excuses on why you won't counter them.

I'm not sure if you're trolling or not cause this is getting truly nonsensical.

Assassin_M
11-06-2014, 12:52 AM
http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/2871/vsfd.jpg
Just.......don't even talk to me anymore, you're so confused.

http://gamingbolt.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/GTA-5-Comparison.jpg

And nah, they do say their game is the best thing since sliced bread.

Alphacos007
11-06-2014, 12:52 AM
Sesheenku, you should really stop wasting your time. Everyone except him knows you're right, and everyone knows he won't accept that, so why even bother?

rob1990312
11-06-2014, 12:53 AM
yes you are absolutely right are you happy now
guys and gals ye need to lighten up a bit

Assassin_M
11-06-2014, 12:53 AM
Dat last gen ether.
Ooh, very good point. I'm very convinced. That video said so much. such revelation.

Sesheenku
11-06-2014, 12:56 AM
Sesheenku, you should really stop wasting your time. Everyone except him knows you're right, and everyone knows he won't accept that, so why even bother?

Sigh- It's somewhat of a pet peeve of mine, especially lately where these types of people seem to be at the fore-front of gaming.

Fine, I'll move on for now, can't promise I'll be able to control myself the next time something like that is said though..

Pr0metheus 1962
11-06-2014, 12:58 AM
Maybe I'm mistaken, but Watch Dogs doesn't seem all that big compared to the recent AC games. Maybe it's just because travel is faster. Which is actually a point in AC's favor - if it takes longer to get from one side of the AC map to the other than it does to do the same in Watch Dogs, AC's map is in effect bigger.

And Watch Dogs doesn't give us a historical playground to play in. It's a modern day shooter like any number of modern day shooters. It's good for what it is, as is GTA V, but playing these games is like flogging a dead horse - I can't get excited about the latest GTA clone because we've seen the same thing in 20 other games. Since Rockstar hasn't put out a Red Dead Redemption sequel or prequel, AC is the only franchise doing anything interesting with pre-20th Century storylines, so even if Unity was on an original Xbox, I'd still be playing it rather than anything that Rockstar have put out recently.

rob1990312
11-06-2014, 12:58 AM
Sigh- It's somewhat of a pet peeve of mine, especially lately where these types of people seem to be at the fore-front of gaming.

Fine, I'll move on for now, can't promise I'll be able to control myself the next time something like that is said though..

again generalising

rob1990312
11-06-2014, 01:01 AM
Maybe I'm mistaken, but Watch Dogs doesn't seem all that big compared to the recent AC games.

it would feel bigger if you couldnt drive in the game

Sesheenku
11-06-2014, 01:02 AM
again generalising

>Says type of people

>Generalizing

You realize that makes no sense right? "Types of people" is not a generalization, you aren't part of a group.

I was merely referring to any individuals that are like minded which isn't a generalization.

It's not that everyone doesn't already see it but you're showing a basic lack of comprehension skill.

rob1990312
11-06-2014, 01:04 AM
actually you said these type of people refferring to me
does no one want to discuss the game anymore or is it just attack the op night ;)

Assassin_M
11-06-2014, 01:06 AM
Maybe you two should just be on each other's ignore lists.

Sesheenku
11-06-2014, 01:10 AM
Maybe you two should just be on each other's ignore lists.

Nah I got this... I'm done, can't speak about logical things to the illogical.

iambladers
11-06-2014, 01:11 AM
http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/2871/vsfd.jpg
Just.......don't even talk to me anymore, you're so confused.

http://gamingbolt.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/GTA-5-Comparison.jpg

And nah, they do say their game is the best thing since sliced bread.

bhahahaha. how naive. GTA V has always been a two gen development.
And what they showed on the initial trailer was the next gen which look even better now than it did in the initial trailer.
Nice try though!!!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/05/grand-theft-auto-5-leaping-the-generation-gap

Now find me where you see this quotes in any Rock-star video.
But they are filled in almost all of the GTA V last gen review articles.

Watchdogs - "Your next gen experience starts here"
The Crew - "will define next gen racing"

Assassin Creed Unity

bahahahaahhaha pls stop.

rob1990312
11-06-2014, 01:12 AM
i think this is probably the end for this thread although it got more notice than i thought

iambladers
11-06-2014, 01:18 AM
i think this is probably the end for this thread although it got more notice than i thought

not yet. it ends on the 11th after the side by side comparison is uploaded and the entire dev team is shamed with open disgrace!
i know a few ubi apologists in real life that's gonna have to be placed on suicide watch shortly after.

rob1990312
11-06-2014, 01:21 AM
i should have put a poll in this thread

Assassin_M
11-06-2014, 01:28 AM
bhahahaha. how naive. GTA V has always been a two gen development.
And what they showed on the initial trailer was the next gen which look even better now than it did in the initial trailer.
Nice try though!!!

Now find me where you see this quotes in any Rock-star video.
Selling the current gen (back then next gen) version as the last gen (back then current gen) is bait and switch, buddy. No one knew if GTA V was even going to be on next gen in 2013. "Oh sorry, for the graphics we showed earlier, you just have to pay an extra $60...sorry" Do you realize how apologetic you sound? Just please....stop...no more. i'm starting to feel sorry for you, please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-xHcvug3WI&list=UU6VcWc1rAoWdBCM0JxrRQ3A
"With Grand Theft Auto 5, R* have tried to reimagine the open world game"
"The world is not only huge, it's filled with a vast array of things to see and do" (lol, still less than San Andreas)
"Everything feels fun and responsive" (it's a presupposed fantasy to them, that's how much you lick their feet)
and then there's the biggest lie of all. implying that we can buy apartments in SP.
this is not mentioning any of the interviews and previews on articles.

bahahahaahhaha pls stop.
Okay:)

Assassin_M
11-06-2014, 01:29 AM
i know a few ubi apologists in real life that's gonna have to be placed on suicide watch shortly after.
Not everyone is like you, you know.

rob1990312
11-06-2014, 01:39 AM
it looks like a lot of the gameplay leaks have dried up

iambladers
11-06-2014, 01:43 AM
Selling the current gen (back then next gen) version as the last gen (back then current gen) is bait and switch, buddy. No one knew if GTA V was even going to be on next gen in 2013. "Oh sorry, for the graphics we showed earlier, you just have to pay an extra $60...sorry" Do you realize how apologetic you sound? Just please....stop...no more. i'm starting to feel sorry for you, please.

2012 edition: http://a.pomf.se/faufuj.webm

where can i buy the 2012 edition guys?

http://i.picpar.com/7LK.jpg

"With Grand Theft Auto 5, R* have tried to reimagine the open world game"
"The world is not only huge, it's filled with a vast array of things to see and do" (lol, still less than San Andreas)
"Everything feels fun and responsive" (it's a presupposed fantasy to them, that's how much you lick their feet)

Okay:)

i see you are grasping a straws here.
where is the tech speak in this? where is the slice bread references? where is the lie?

you are pretty much comparing:

"this game is fun and exciting with alot of side contest that we made that you would find to be much fun"

to

"this is the greatest game ever developed, we had 10 studios work on it, thats how awesome it is, we literally pushed your new toys to its absolute limit, during our tests one of the system even exploded because of the sheer visuals we crammed in it, games will never look like this again because we hit its limit. this is the next gen game you have waiting for. this game is better than every other game ever released because we used the magical next gen engineering techniques. this is the most innovative leap over every game ever made. this is hands down the great visual display in a game EVER!"

seriously? stop. its not even funny anymore.

Assassin_M
11-06-2014, 01:48 AM
2012 edition: http://a.pomf.se/faufuj.webm

where can i buy the 2012 edition guys?

lol, apparently you're on a roll today. What with your beating me with your irrelevant videos and images. You're an argumentative (apologetic) master

Also, you can at least come up with your own "witty" retorts. using retorts that tickled your fancy from your internet wont do you any favors.

i see you are grasping a straws here.
where is the tech speak in this? where is the slice bread references? where is the lie?

you are pretty much comparing:

"this game is fun and exciting with alot of side contest that we made that you would find to be much fun"

to

"this is the greatest game ever developed, we had 10 studios work on it, thats how awesome it is, we literally push your new toy to its absolute limit, during our tests one of the system exploded, games will never look like this again because we hit its limit. this is the next gen game you have waiting for. this game is better than every other game ever released because we used the magical next gen engineering techniques. this is the most innovative leap over every game ever made. this is hands down the great visual display in a game EVER!"

seriously? stop. its not even funny anymore.
Goshdarnit, i just knew you'd say that.Yeah, i'm done here, mate. I have more interesting stuff to be doing. Don't leave that suicide watch now. Take care

Megas_Doux
11-06-2014, 02:02 AM
Nobody is making up excuses for Ubisoft:

Thing is that some companies get away with it in the public eye, and Ubi is not one of them.....

Skyrim was basically UNPLAYABLE on consoles for MONTHS and the amount of game breaking glitches was neverending, even on PC takes dozens of patches to make it work, yet the praise was universal. The first "screenshots" of GTA V were pretty obvious bullshots that resembled its incoming Next gen incarnations instead of PS3 and XBOX 360 stuff and dont get me started on the multiplayer issues..... And again, the reception could not have been better.

Dont get me wrong, Ubi is in part to blame, the annualization of AC and the overall poor job of their PR department annoy tons of people. But truth is they dont "operate" that different from other big gaming companies, yet the amount hate is way bigger though.

And lets not talk about the whole race/gender issue....

Ubi is been called racist and misogynist, despite the fact Connor, Aveline, Altair and Adewale exist... Whereas Rockstar´s only non "white male" leading character in a blockbuster game has been a rather stereotypical african american gang member, and yet nothing happens. You dont see people burning down the internet about it.

Landruner
11-06-2014, 02:05 AM
May be we should start a camp fire and start singing together some cool peaceful songs around it...
just trying to feel some Unity among us for once?

Assassin_M
11-06-2014, 02:07 AM

Thing is that some companies get away with it in the public eye, and Ubi is not one of them.....

Skyrim was basically UNPLAYABLE on consoles for MONTHS and the amount of game breaking glitches was neverending, even on PC takes dozens of patches to make it work, yet the praise was universal. The first "screenshots" of GTA V were pretty obvious bullshots that resembled its incoming Next gen incarnations instead of PS3 and XBOX 360 stuff and dont gent me started on the multiplayer issues..... And again, the reception could not have been better.

Dont get me wrong, Ubi is in part to blame, the annualization of AC and the overall poor job of their PR department. But truth is they dont "operate" that different from other big gaming companies, yet the amount hate is way bigger though.

Ubi is been called racist and misogynist, despite the fact Connor, Aveline, Altair and Adewale exist... Whereas Rockstar´s only non "white male" leading character in a blockbuster game has been a rather stereotypical african american gang member, and yet nothing happens. You dont see people burning down the internet about it.
So much this.

The thing is, we realize Ubi's PR sucks and that it downgraded Watch Dogs but we don't make up excuses for that to help us sleep tight and warm at night, unlike some R* fanboys. It's just so cool and rad to hate on Ubisoft these days, while other companies can do no evil.

Fatal-Feit
11-06-2014, 02:17 AM
So much this.

The thing is, we realize Ubi's PR sucks and that it downgraded Watch Dogs but we don't make up excuses for that to help us sleep tight and warm at night, unlike some R* fanboys. It's just so cool and rad to hate on Ubisoft these days, while other companies can do no evil.

To be fair, Ubisoft seem to be the only company who keeps on digging its own grave.

MnemonicSyntax
11-06-2014, 02:19 AM
It seems someone doesn't understand the concept of "Alpha Footage." Whoops!

Assassin_M
11-06-2014, 02:20 AM
To be fair, Ubisoft seem to be the only company who keeps on digging its own grave.
What with their stupid PR.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-06-2014, 02:25 AM

Yeah, they're doing REALLY badly, 'cos every company "digging its own grave" has developers on multiple continents and has a franchise that's considered the top franchise on the last gen console and is releasing a game per year with two games coming out the same day for two generations of consoles. It's at fricken death's door.

Yeah, that was sarcasm again.

Landruner
11-06-2014, 02:34 AM

Skyrim was basically UNPLAYABLE on consoles for MONTHS and the amount of game breaking glitches was neverending, even on PC takes dozens of patches to make it work, yet the praise was universal. The first "screenshots" of GTA V were pretty obvious bullshots that resembled its incoming Next gen incarnations instead of PS3 and XBOX 360 stuff and dont get me started on the multiplayer issues..... And again, the reception could not have been better.

Dont get me wrong, Ubi is in part to blame, the annualization of AC and the overall poor job of their PR department annoy tons of people. But truth is they dont "operate" that different from other big gaming companies, yet the amount hate is way bigger though.

I first won't call Ubisoft racist, and BTW you forgot about Altair, but honestly what you point about Connor, Aveline, and Adewale existences is what most people reproach to Ubisoft to do with that gave that image.
Except Altair (and still I wonder and wanted to see more of him), look at the 3 other heroes and their presence and participation in the franchise. None of the 3 had really a chance to prevail in the franchise. Connor creat dude that did not get a great game, and won't ever a second chance and have a proper ending, Aveline great female character that is stuck in the middle of exclusive DLC and digital version of her adventures, and Adewale get a chance in somew too small freedom cry story and he will appear as a guest in AC Rogue that not so many really cares about.

So yep, for a lot of people it seems very a very shallow way to introduce no white main characters and even female characters.

Don't forget that Ubisoft use also ruses in creating strategic polemic and they adopted some no orthodox ways for marketing their products (Especially the AC franchise) - A bit like some famous rock stars (no pun intended) do, they do not care about their image they just care about the media attention, they just do not want to be ignored, and they want people talk about them.

Regarding SKYRIM, I played it on XB360 for the game and PC (for modding)and I could really play the game on console, so I do not know why it was unplayable for you.

Fatal-Feit
11-06-2014, 02:36 AM
Yeah, they're doing REALLY badly, 'cos every company "digging its own grave" has developers on multiple continents and has a franchise that's considered the top franchise on the last gen console and is releasing a game per year with two games coming out the same day for two generations of consoles. It's at fricken death's door.

Yeah, that was sarcasm again.

(never said they were doing poorly)

It doesn't matter what's actually happening or not, but what's on the front page. On websites, forums, videos, etc, Ubisoft can't keep itself away from being a topic of controversy.

MnemonicSyntax
11-06-2014, 02:43 AM
Except Altair (and still I wonder and wanted to see more of him), look at the 3 other heroes and their presence and participation in the franchise. None of the 3 had really a chance to prevail in the franchise. Connor won't have a proper ending, Aveline is stuck in the middle of exclusive DLC and digital version of her adventures, and Adewale will appear as a guest in AC Rogue that not so many really cares about.

He also had Freedom Cry.

That being said though, many people care about Rogue, even on these forums. In fact, I'm more interested in Rogue more because of it's story. I wanted to play Rogue first but it won't come out on PC until later on.

In fact, I know a lot of people found Adewale to be more of an Assassin than Edward and tend to lean toward him more, wishing Black Flag was more like Freedom Cry instead.

Landruner
11-06-2014, 02:54 AM
He also had Freedom Cry.

That being said though, many people care about Rogue, even on these forums. In fact, I'm more interested in Rogue more because of it's story. I wanted to play Rogue first but it won't come out on PC until later on.

In fact, I know a lot of people found Adewale to be more of an Assassin than Edward and tend to lean toward him more, wishing Black Flag was more like Freedom Cry instead.

I did mention Freedom cry as being too small (you certainly got my first post post before I edited it and mentioned it?)

Megas_Doux
11-06-2014, 02:55 AM
I first won't call Ubisoft racist, and BTW you forgot about Altair, but honestly what you point about Connor, Aveline, and Adewale existences is what most people reproach to Ubisoft to do with that gave that image.
Except Altair (and still I wonder and wanted to see more of him), look at the 3 other heroes and their presence and participation in the franchise. None of the 3 had really a chance to prevail in the franchise. Connor creat dude that did not get a great game, and won't ever a second chance and have a proper ending, Aveline great female character that is stuck in the middle of exclusive DLC and digital version of her adventures, and Adewale get a chance in somew too small freedom cry story and he will appear as a guest in AC Rogue that not so many really cares about.

So yep, for a lot of people it seems very a very shallow way to introduce no white main characters and even female characters.

Don't forget that Ubisoft use also ruses in creating strategic polemic and they adopted some no orthodox ways for marketing their products (Especially the AC franchise) - A bit like some famous rock stars (no pun intended) do, they do not care about their image they just care about the media attention, they just do not want to be ignored, and they want people talk about them.

Regarding SKYRIM, I played it on XB360 for the game and PC (for modding)and I could really play the game on console, so I do not know why it was unplayable for you.

I did not write that directly at you and I named Altair first :p

I play Skyrim on PC, but MANY of my console friends told the game was FULL of game breaking bugs, or even annoying bugs like having an arrow stuck no matter what you do. In regards of the race/gender, Ubi has been way more diverse than Rockstar, and yet Rockstar does not get torched because of that.

Alphacos007
11-06-2014, 02:58 AM

I play Skyrim on PC, but MANY of my console friends told the game was FULL of game breaking bugs, or even annoying bugs like having a arrow stuck no matter what you do. In regards of the race/gender, I dont disagree with you, but again Ubi is been way more diverse than Rockstar, and Rockstar does not get torched because of that.

Even today the game still has tons of game-breaking bugs. I was lucky to only find one, and one that could be fixed through console commands. Some friends who played on Xbox360 had to do 3 or 4 playthroughs before managing to complete the game.

Sesheenku
11-06-2014, 03:03 AM
Yeah all versions of Skyrim have bugs PC is a bit more stable only due to mods...

Love Bethesdas concepts but their executuion is shoddy at best, the nicest thing that can be said about them is they allow players to mod their broken mess to make it not only playable but make it surpass its previous potential.

pirate1802
11-06-2014, 08:29 AM
unfreaking believeable.

101 trailer

Nah not seeing it I'm afraid. Are you sure you're not suffering from downgradephobiaitis?

Right? I've lost count how many times people say 'This game sucks! The amount of pop-ins are insane!"

1) Like almost everything on the internet it is probably an exaggeration, I'm willing to bet they are nowhere near "insane" (like the actual literal meaning of the word) levels.

2) Serious, that's the number one negative thing you can think about the game? Is that what the world has come to? Do you apply this same standard to other games or are you babbling some techno jargon just to look cool and in-sync with the happenings?

On the flip side, if that's the worst they can think about the game then it probably mean for us (the non graphics-nazi peeps) the game is actually pretty darn good.

like having an arrow stuck no matter what you do..

Hah! That happened to me. My character had to undergo a sexchange operation twice to get rid of it. :O

Anykeyer
11-06-2014, 09:17 AM
ACU looks great if you care to look beyond youtube's awfull video compression.

Landruner
11-06-2014, 11:30 AM

I play Skyrim on PC, but MANY of my console friends told the game was FULL of game breaking bugs, or even annoying bugs like having an arrow stuck no matter what you do. In regards of the race/gender, Ubi has been way more diverse than Rockstar, and yet Rockstar does not get torched because of that.

You sure did mention Altair in your first post, and I missed it (my bad)! - I did not take your post for me, I just tried to mention that the PRs are just doing that job in order to generate mass reactions. That is an unothordox way to promote product, but that is proven efficient. Ubisoft does not care about negativity regarding their image, they just care for their standing and presence in the media and social discussion. A bit like some famous "Rockstar" did between albums releases
In response to that strategy,t he worse that the press just ignore them, their they will adopt a different attitude....

DeafAtheist
11-06-2014, 05:13 PM
http://www.vg247.com/2014/10/29/assassins-creed-unity-and-the-stupidity-of-resolutiongate/

DeafAtheist
11-06-2014, 05:36 PM
>Walks into McDonalds
>Gets order
>????

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PdOD_C7bKo0

dandins
11-06-2014, 08:25 PM
just saw the final ps4 version and it looks much better than i thought (much better than the screenshots) - I was really stunned. Didnt watched very long but I still think
the devs used the additional ps4 power for better effects instead of just giving a higher resolution than xboxone - if its true ps4 can players can be really happy.

the game was very warm and it felt really pleasent warming and natural. the 900p are really awesome. 1080p would just look to sharp and cold. but you really need to play it before making an opinion.

Liamxx7
11-06-2014, 08:49 PM
just saw the final ps4 version and it looks much better than i thought (much better than the screenshots) - I was really stunned. Didnt watched very long but I still think
the devs used the additional ps4 power for better effects instead of just giving a higher resolution than xboxone - if its true ps4 can players can be really happy.

the game was very warm and it felt really pleasent warming and natural. the 900p are really awesome. 1080p would just look to sharp and cold. but you really need to play it before making an opinion.

I cant wait till tuesday :P

Liamxx7
11-06-2014, 08:52 PM
ACU looks great if you care to look beyond youtube's awfull video compression.

People that judge a game with youtube videos are stupid. you gotta play it in real life.

Voyager456
11-06-2014, 09:15 PM
1080p would just look to sharp and cold

http://eagletotem.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Triple-facepalm.jpg

dandins
11-06-2014, 10:49 PM
well in others word: I prefers 900p and some sort of post processing instead of just 1080p. But you right the higher the resolution the higher the definition. Sadly higher resolution cost performance.

bitebug2003
11-06-2014, 11:02 PM
Silly regional release dates - we have to wait until Friday (for both games) :(