PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Rogue - Stereoscopic 3D?

LeftistHominid
11-01-2014, 07:38 PM
Revelations and III had 3D on consoles, but Black Flag did not on any (which may have been due to the fact that the XBone and PS4 did support 3D yet).

Does anyone know if it will be enabled on Rogue?

JustPlainQuirky
11-01-2014, 07:45 PM
3D Haytham and Shay?!

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121130141431/gintama/pl/images/5/5a/Fangasm.gif

not rly. idc about 3d. but would be nice i guess

RinoTheBouncer
11-01-2014, 08:40 PM
I feel like 3D is dying as a technology. I mean it’ll never be the norm for viewing films and games like HD and the soon-to-be 4K. I wonder if they’ll somehow take it to another level. Maybe in 10 or 15 or even 20 years, it’ll be something that doesn’t even require glasses, but rather show like a hologram or God knows what they’ll come up with.

JustPlainQuirky
11-01-2014, 08:44 PM
I feel like 3D is dying as a technology. I mean it’ll never be the norm for viewing films and games like HD and the soon-to-be 4K. I wonder if they’ll somehow take it to another level. Maybe in 10 or 15 or even 20 years, it’ll be something that doesn’t even require glasses, but rather show like a hologram or God knows what they’ll come up with.

3D movie showings, 3DS and VR headsets disagree with you.

RinoTheBouncer
11-01-2014, 08:46 PM
3D movie showings, 3DS and VR headsets disagree with you.

VR is a new thing. It’s not like the 3D with glasses and I REALLY hope that they don’t end up being just another gadget like the PS Move, which I highly predict. I hope they become real Virtual Reality systems. I never really got to test the Oculus Rift nor Project Morpheus, but I think they’ll still be limited in their use. I mean how can you play a 3rd person game on such a device?

JustPlainQuirky
11-01-2014, 09:31 PM
you're not supposed to play 3rd person games on VR. that defeats the whole purpose.

it's you inside a simulation.

RinoTheBouncer
11-01-2014, 09:58 PM
you're not supposed to play 3rd person games on VR. that defeats the whole purpose.

it's you inside a simulation.

I know. And I also know that games like AC, Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, Mass Effect, Final Fantasy, Silent Hill are not gonna become FPS, so it’s still gonna be limited in use, just like the PS Move. The PS Move felt like an utter failure just like the PS Vita (I own both, btw). They’re VERY limited in use with barely any games or any innovative things to do with them.

GoldenBoy9999
11-01-2014, 11:14 PM
I know. And I also know that games like AC, Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, Mass Effect, Final Fantasy, Silent Hill are not gonna become FPS, so it’s still gonna be limited in use, just like the PS Move. The PS Move felt like an utter failure just like the PS Vita (I own both, btw). They’re VERY limited in use with barely any games or any innovative things to do with them.

I had an Xbox 360 kinect and the same applied to it.

I hope VR takes off but I don't see most people going out of their way to get one when all you really need is a TV, console, and controller. Everything else is just an accessory. Just like a headset which is amazing btw.

MnemonicSyntax
11-01-2014, 11:28 PM
VR is a new thing. It’s not like the 3D with glasses and I REALLY hope that they don’t end up being just another gadget like the PS Move, which I highly predict. I hope they become real Virtual Reality systems. I never really got to test the Oculus Rift nor Project Morpheus, but I think they’ll still be limited in their use. I mean how can you play a 3rd person game on such a device?

I got to play the original Legend of Zelda on an Oculus Rift and I was actually looking through Link's eyes. I've also messed with it on Second Life and the same applies, so I imagine you'd just be looking through Ezio or Shay's or any of the other characters you play as.

RinoTheBouncer
11-01-2014, 11:34 PM
I had an Xbox 360 kinect and the same applied to it.

I hope VR takes off but I don't see most people going out of their way to get one when all you really need is a TV, console, and controller. Everything else is just an accessory. Just like a headset which is amazing btw.

I totally agree with that.

I have a PS4 camera and it’s always connected but I rarely use it. It’s like a forgotten mic that I have behind my PS4. I don’t think any of those will ever be something so big or replace the standard T.V./Controller set, at least in the foreseeable future.

I got to play the original Legend of Zelda on an Oculus Rift and I was actually looking through Link's eyes. I've also messed with it on Second Life and the same applies, so I imagine you'd just be looking through Ezio or Shay's or any of the other characters you play as.

In that case, it would be amazing. Though I do believe it won’t replace the classic controller and T.V. mixture. But something like that would totally give a new approach to the games if game developers handle it right and make this ability to ‘see through the protagonist’s eyes” supported on their games and not a few indies and cartoony games or racing stuff.

MnemonicSyntax
11-01-2014, 11:41 PM
With Zelda, everything that wasn't normally textured, like the "sky" or the "ceiling" (as it's top down) was just black. However, on Second Life, it was as it was in whatever setting you were in because it's a 3D environment.

Zelda was weird though because everything felt... zoomy is the only word I can really use. Not "fast" but it was a bit stretched out (not much) and it gave you the impression you were moving faster than you really were.

My friend had gotten a dev kit before Facebook bought out Oculus, but I haven't seen him in a while since he moved after graduating college.

RinoTheBouncer
11-01-2014, 11:46 PM
With Zelda, everything that wasn't normally textured, like the "sky" or the "ceiling" (as it's top down) was just black. However, on Second Life, it was as it was in whatever setting you were in because it's a 3D environment.

Zelda was weird though because everything felt... zoomy is the only word I can really use. Not "fast" but it was a bit stretched out (not much) and it gave you the impression you were moving faster than you really were.

My friend had gotten a dev kit before Facebook bought out Oculus, but I haven't seen him in a while since he moved after graduating college.

The great part is that such thing is possible, to see through the protagonist’s eyes. See and hear everything in the beautiful cities of AC or Mass Effect or Tomb Raider. But the problem is with game developers. They either don’t bother enabling such features, or just make them too rushed and feel too “zoomey” as you said, and more like cropping the image than actually having a separate mode to see through the protagonists eyes in a realistic way.

PS Vita for example has a lot of potential, yet all we got so far is remastered versions of old games, indies and cartoony stuff. The developers didn’t bother investing into games for PS Vita. So if huge franchises like AC, TR, RE, ME, GTA, SH..etc. create something good for VR systems like Project Morpheus and Oculus Rift, I’d be game. Otherwise, it will be limited in use.

MnemonicSyntax
11-01-2014, 11:48 PM
I think it's an exciting concept, but like you, I don't believe it will ever replace the standard controller and TV. It's something for fun or a gimmick even, but... not how I'd want to play every single time.

RinoTheBouncer
11-01-2014, 11:50 PM
Yeah. I agree. I mean I’d still play AC using the normal controller/T.V. for the first time and finish it and then later, replay with VR. It’s indeed an exciting concept and I’m crossing my fingers to see it turn into something successful, not a substitute, but still an amazing extra not a forgotten one like the PS Move.

LeftistHominid
11-09-2014, 01:07 AM
I was wondering if anyone has any new information on the matter. I know reviewer and early copies are out there. A quick check of the game options can answer this.