PDA

View Full Version : AC Rogue - Soundtrack preview and composer

X_xWolverinEx_X
10-31-2014, 08:56 AM
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00P1JY650 and the composer is Elitsa Alexandrova

rrebe
10-31-2014, 09:15 AM
I'm not sure what I think about the main theme. I wish I could hear more of it, in the preview is sounds a bit bland :/

Fatal-Feit
10-31-2014, 09:38 AM
Damn, only 30 seconds each. So far, they're pretty darn movie like. Actually, it's exactly like something you would hear from a cinematic movie.

Farlander1991
10-31-2014, 09:41 AM
What's with people constantly calling short previews that are hard to judge bland? :p Lots of revered AC music can be called bland if you just listen to very short amounts of it.

It sounds ok, though it's hard to see if there's some concrete melodic tune like in other AC themes (because it feels like amazon just took snippets at random)

But apparently it's not a mix of AC3 and AC2 themes as one would judge from the music they used in trailers.

rrebe
10-31-2014, 09:48 AM
What's with people constantly calling short previews that are hard to judge bland? :p Lots of revered AC music can be called bland if you just listen to very short amounts of it.

It sounds ok, though it's hard to see if there's some concrete melodic tune like in other AC themes (because it feels like amazon just took snippets at random)

But apparently it's not a mix of AC3 and AC2 themes as one would judge from the music they used in trailers.

That's why I said I wish to hear more of it.

X_xWolverinEx_X
10-31-2014, 09:57 AM
there seems to be soundtracks called animus black and animus white hmmmm?

david and goliath so epic same with from the shadows

Ureh
10-31-2014, 10:10 AM
The main theme sounds familiar...

Anyway I'm loving what we can hear so far. Sorta like a mix between ac4 and something else.

Fatal-Feit
10-31-2014, 10:20 AM
I really like ''The Guardian'' so far.

ACfan443
10-31-2014, 11:00 AM
Agnus Dei, Mysterious North, The Guardian and the Main Theme sound amazing. It has quite a few bombastic movie-esque tracks (which I'll admit aren't to my liking), but the quieter ambient style ones with the glorious vocalisations make up for that, I absolutely adore them. I'll definitely be downloading the full thing when it's available.

The main theme sounds familiar...

http://youtu.be/lx0A_PG9dEc

oliacr
10-31-2014, 11:08 AM
The Guardian !

Ureh
10-31-2014, 11:33 AM
http://youtu.be/lx0A_PG9dEc

I must be deaf! I wish I could but I don't hear the similarity.

X_xWolverinEx_X
10-31-2014, 11:46 AM
I am shay Patrick Cormac
http://i.imgur.com/XcqLzW8.jpg

shingorengeki84
10-31-2014, 12:14 PM
Oh damn, what I´ve heard so far, was awesome. :D

And: ,,Run, Shay! Run!" ....what a great title for the track. XD

Farlander1991
10-31-2014, 12:18 PM
I must be deaf! I wish I could but I don't hear the similarity.

Because it's not the same, there is some similarity but ultimately it's a different theme.

LatinaC09
10-31-2014, 12:46 PM
Not bad. Again it's hard to tell because Amazon took really terrible, random snippets.

Namikaze_17
10-31-2014, 12:50 PM
Rogue's Soundtrack > Unity's Soundtrack

I like how each theme felt...different.

No repetitive sounds.

"David & Goliath" must be for when we fight Adewale. :(

ACfan443
10-31-2014, 01:13 PM
Because it's not the same, there is some similarity but ultimately it's a different theme.

Oh I wasn't implying that they were the same, I just found that the melody was slightly similar to the one that kicks in at around the 42 second mark in Brian Tyler's track. The composer seems to be a fan of both his and Jesper's so that's possibly where she drew inspiration from (I checked her Soundcloud account).

Farlander1991
10-31-2014, 01:19 PM
Oh I wasn't implying that they were the same, I just found that the melody was slightly similar to the one that kicks in at around the 42 second mark in Brian Tyler's track. The composer seems to be a fan of both his and Jesper's so that's possibly where she drew inspiration from (I checked her Soundcloud account).

Yeah, there's definitely some similarities :) Maybe Tyler's track was used as inspiration as Rogue is very British-focused and happens at around the same time period.

RinoTheBouncer
10-31-2014, 02:29 PM
God, why isn’t it on iTunes yet?!

m4r-k7
10-31-2014, 02:34 PM
The main theme tune sounds like the nice music you hear in medieval set films. Its nice.

Reptilis91
10-31-2014, 05:20 PM
Meh, nothing interesting musically speaking. We can hear that she is less experienced and imaginative than ACU composers, but it's still a good work.

MakimotoJin
10-31-2014, 05:36 PM
Some nice samples.Can't wait to see the full deal.

RinoTheBouncer
10-31-2014, 07:04 PM
Does anybody know when this were made available for Amazon and GooglePlay? I still can’t find it on the iTunes Store while Unity is there.

LeftistHominid
10-31-2014, 07:15 PM
Does anybody know when this were made available for Amazon and GooglePlay? I still can’t find it on the iTunes Store while Unity is there.

It will just be more expensive on iTunes (as things tend to be). Unity still isn't showing up Amazon yet either, so give it time. There is no actual benefit to preordering digital music anyways.

ACfan443
10-31-2014, 08:05 PM
AC Rogue Main Theme *longer preview, posted by Loomer.

http://youtu.be/6Rhe-NC3TXM

TheArcaneEagle
10-31-2014, 08:12 PM
AC Rogue Main Theme, posted by Loomer.

http://youtu.be/6Rhe-NC3TXM

http://tn.en.fishki.net/26/upload/en/201307/08/11845/250203130ff5cc2f9629672af027f49a.gif

Wow.

That main theme, is one of the best I've heard so far. My only gripe is that it sounds very Chinesey. Would have better suited maybe a future title for a game in China. 

ModernWaffle
10-31-2014, 08:18 PM
Soundtrack overall sounds really good, but I'm displeased about how the main theme isn't completely original to Rouge.

ACfan443
10-31-2014, 08:20 PM
http://tn.en.fishki.net/26/upload/en/201307/08/11845/250203130ff5cc2f9629672af027f49a.gif

Wow.

That main theme, is one of the best I've heard so far. My only gripe is that it sounds very Chinesey. Would have better suited maybe a future title for a game in China. 

Cause there's Ezio's Family in it :p
In all seriousness though, I like the idea behind the sampling of AC2's and AC3's themes but I wish there was less of it, the unique part of the track is seriously good and has the potential to carry this theme as one of the best and most memorable in the franchise. It could have also done with being a tad longer imo. (*ignore the last comment, just realised this isn't the full thing).

EDIT:
Also, looking at the comments, I knew I wasn't the only one who noticed the similarities between this and The British Empire
http://i.imgur.com/kmM07ZC.jpg

Alphacos007
10-31-2014, 08:58 PM
Pretty nice main theme.

Toa TAK
10-31-2014, 09:04 PM
I'm liking this a lot more than Unity's so far. Love the main theme.

Megas_Doux
10-31-2014, 09:07 PM
Main theme = Ezio´s family + British Empire. In regards of the other tracks, I am really digging the ambient ones: Animus black. animus white, Mysterious North, Streets, Northern Lights....

Reptilis91
10-31-2014, 09:11 PM
Yeah, this is just Ezio´s family + British Empire... don't understand the hype.

Megas_Doux
10-31-2014, 09:12 PM

Both are pretty good tracks....

Namikaze_17
10-31-2014, 09:17 PM

+1

Don't get me wrong, I like Ezio's family, but Rogue deserved it's own theme.

Ureh
10-31-2014, 10:04 PM
I really want to hear the full version for this theme. It sounded like at the end it was making a transition into something new (ie not inspired by previous songs) and awesome.

loomer979
10-31-2014, 10:21 PM
I really want to hear the full version for this theme. It sounded like at the end it was making a transition into something new (ie not inspired by previous songs) and awesome.

There's only about 30 seconds more of the theme and it's not toooo different from the rest. Some of the Ezio's Family vocals creep back in and the background goes back to that AC3 theme descending notes pattern.

SixKeys
10-31-2014, 10:56 PM
I really like the Rogue main theme. The only thing that ever so slightly bugs me is that the female singer sounds more autotuned than in Jesper's compositions, but it's a very minor complaint.

Ureh
10-31-2014, 11:25 PM
There's only about 30 seconds more of the theme and it's not toooo different from the rest. Some of the Ezio's Family vocals creep back in and the background goes back to that AC3 theme descending notes pattern.

Yeah it sounds like this'll go very well with the the breathtaking, panoramic cutscene that we find in every game. Wouldn't be surprised if it shows Shay and his bff standing on top of a cliff or tower and hugging each other.

SixKeys
11-01-2014, 12:14 AM
Yeah it sounds like this'll go very well with the the breathtaking, panoramic cutscene that we find in every game. Wouldn't be surprised if it shows Shay and his bff standing on top of a cliff or tower and hugging each other.

I initially read that as "Shay with his bf" and was a bit confused. But I guess with Haytham that works too.

Ureh
11-01-2014, 12:33 AM
I initially read that as "Shay with his bf" and was a bit confused. But I guess with Haytham that works too.

I was thinking this guy but yeah Haytham works just as well.

From the second story trailer.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/img/4/5/4/4/9/2/i/2/1/0/o/Assassin_s_Creed_Rogue_Screengrab_3.jpg

ze_topazio
11-01-2014, 01:22 AM
Someone on YT commented the main theme seems like a homage to all the ACs released this past gen, don't know if that was the real intention but it would be pretty cool if that was the idea.

SixKeys
11-01-2014, 06:07 AM
Not really. It doesn't include any musical cues from AC1, ACB or ACR.

pirate1802
11-01-2014, 07:44 AM
I'm loving the main theme, can already see Shay standing at a vantage point and surveying the distant horizon as the title screen comes up with this one playing at the background.

So far, Rogue > Unity.. as far as the tracks are concerned.

The_Kiwi_
11-01-2014, 08:37 AM
The Main Theme sounds like a cross between AC4 and Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit, I am loving it!! I'm so so tempted to just buy it now and listen, but I am getting it with the special edition so it might be a waste :rolleyes:
The beginning of it is Ezio's Family though...
I like the song, but it's just so stale now, it was just so damn popular that it was used everywhere
Got boring

Someone on YT commented the main theme seems like a homage to all the ACs released this past gen, don't know if that was the real intention but it would be pretty cool if that was the idea.

I can hear a dash of Ezio's Family inside the theme "I Am Shay Patrick Cormac"

God, why isn’t it on iTunes yet?!

Tell me if God answers, I'd like to know why too!

THE1TRUEGOD2014
11-01-2014, 09:14 AM
The Main Theme sounds like a cross between AC4 and Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit, I am loving it!! I'm so so tempted to just buy it now and listen, but I am getting it with the special edition so it might be a waste :rolleyes:
The beginning of it is Ezio's Family though...
I like the song, but it's just so stale now, it was just so damn popular that it was used everywhere
Got boring

I can hear a dash of Ezio's Family inside the theme "I Am Shay Patrick Cormac"

Tell me if God answers, I'd like to know why too!

Well I can answer that I wanted people not to use iTunes for once and have another website/program have its turn in the spot light . it will be up soon since you guys have now found it on amazon

ACfan443
11-01-2014, 11:56 AM
Got boring

It was only ever used in AC2 and ACB prior to its latest reintroduction, that's hardly "everywhere". And even then, it cropped up twice at most in both games - title screen and credits. The ACR main theme on the other hand was repeated numerously over the course of the main campaign and accompanied by a myriad of variations. I heard that theme far more than I did AC2's.

They're integrating the "Ezio's Family" motif into Unity and Rogue to "represent the Assassin Brotherhood", so it's not just some arbitrary homage. My only gripe is that the track is a little too personal to his story and journey which makes it somewhat unsuitable for any other purpose. But at the same time I really like hearing older songs return because it makes the franchise feel connected. I'd have loved it if AC1's "Access the Animus" was a recurring assassination theme, hearing each composer's spin on it would've been pretty awesome.

The_Kiwi_
11-01-2014, 12:12 PM
It was only ever used in AC2 and ACB prior to its latest reintroduction, that's hardly "everywhere". And even then, it cropped up twice at most in both games - title screen and credits. The ACR main theme on the other hand was repeated numerously over the course of the main campaign and accompanied by a myriad of variations. I heard that theme far more than I did AC2's.

They're integrating the "Ezio's Family" motif into Unity and Rogue to "represent the Assassin Brotherhood", so it's not just some arbitrary homage. My only gripe is that the track is a little too personal to his story and journey which makes it somewhat unsuitable for any other purpose. But at the same time I really like hearing older songs return because it makes the franchise feel connected. I'd have loved it AC1's "Access the Animus" was a recurring assassination theme, hearing each composer's spin on it would've been pretty awesome.

I wasn't meaning everywhere game-wise, it was also used in heaps of fan fiction, home-made AC videos and even some stuff that wasn't even AC related
I heard it everywhere

ACfan443
11-01-2014, 12:16 PM
I wasn't meaning everywhere game-wise, it was also used in heaps of fan fiction, home-made AC videos and even some stuff that wasn't even AC related
I heard it everywhere

Oh right, that.
Well, I personally don't read/watch any of that stuff so it didn't bother me (or presumably the majority of the fanbase).

MakimotoJin
11-01-2014, 03:31 PM
I don't know if someone posted this already,but this is Loomer's video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Rhe-NC3TXM
They took "using everything we loved from past ACs" too seriously.
but I actually liked it

JustPlainQuirky
11-01-2014, 04:26 PM
The main theme is terrible.

The Ezio theme doesnt fit the Templar context (and I hate ezio theme returning anyway) and the main part of the theme sounds like disinterested back and fourth tugs of a bow.

Layytez
11-01-2014, 05:09 PM
What is the main theme trying to do ? It takes the Ezio theme then adds an asian twist to it. Plus why are they using Ezios theme for a Templar based game ? Why ?

RinoTheBouncer
11-01-2014, 05:13 PM
I was highly disappointed by the theme that I listened to, today. I mean really? copying an exact tune for this? they might have used that as a track on Brotherhood or Revelations because it still relates to Ezio, his family and his games. But here? like what’s the connection? It’s a famous track in the AC universe, yes, but that doesn’t mean it can fit into any other game than that which it was intended for. I’m even less impressed by AC:Unity’s soundtrack, but this feels reductive.

JustPlainQuirky
11-01-2014, 05:28 PM
sucks that my potential fav AC game has the worst soundtrack thus far.

worse than Unity's

Namikaze_17
11-01-2014, 05:34 PM
....I think it's better than Unity's.

Unity's stuff just sounds like an ongoing loop of repetitive sounds.

Aside from the Main Theme, I think it's alright ( not the best) but alright.

JustPlainQuirky
11-01-2014, 05:37 PM
They're both bad.

Black Flag's theme sounds amazing in comparison and I hate blackflag's theme.

I prefer the main themes of Revelations, Liberation, AC3, Freedom Cry, and ToKW.

They did a good job of mixing atmosphere with nice unique instrumentals/voices.

Namikaze_17
11-01-2014, 05:41 PM
Yeah, they're both pretty bad...

I'll take AC3/ACR over this.

Though I did say people's nostalgia can cloud their judgment last night, so that's why I'm trying to keep an open mind about it.

RinoTheBouncer
11-01-2014, 05:41 PM
They're both bad.

Black Flag's theme sounds amazing in comparison and I hate blackflag's theme.

I prefer the main themes of Revelations, Liberation, AC3, Freedom Cry, and ToKW.

They did a good job of mixing atmosphere with nice unique instrumentals/voices.

Revelations is a masterpiece. The only soundtrack album from the AC franchise that you could actually listen to as a whole, as a standalone album and not just during the gameplay.

ACfan443
11-01-2014, 05:51 PM

worse than Unity's
It's infinitely better than Unity's (volume one of Unity to be specific), those tracks are just horribly bland and uninspiring. I haven't been compelled to go back and listen to Unity's V1 previews again, whereas I had AC4's on repeat last year. I've listened to Rogue's quite a few times as well.

Dev_Anj
11-01-2014, 06:08 PM
the main part of the theme sounds like disinterested back and fourth tugs of a bow.

Err...what? It's the Biritsh Empire from AC 4, only with different instruments.

worse than Unity's

Did you listen to all the previews?

JustPlainQuirky
11-01-2014, 06:10 PM
It is rly? link?

I never liked ACIV's music anyway

Dev_Anj
11-01-2014, 06:15 PM
I never liked ACIV's music anyway

I'm honestly not surprised. Besides, I know your tastes for music a bit. Let's just say you aren't a fine connoisseur of music.

Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx0A_PG9dEc

JustPlainQuirky
11-01-2014, 06:16 PM
Let's just say you aren't a fine connoisseur of music.

Wow. Ok.

Sure go ahead and just say I have bad taste.

Different opinions don't exist.

Namikaze_17
11-01-2014, 06:18 PM
"I never ever met you, but here's why your opinion is wrong or irrelevant."

Dev_Anj
11-01-2014, 06:19 PM
Wow. Ok.

Sure go ahead and just say I have bad taste.

Different opinions don't exist.

It's not a case of opinion, it's a case of how you were expressing them in regards of music. You are an average consumer of music, and that's fine, most of us are. But you acted like you were a great music critic and were very dismissive of others opinions on music in the past.

Anyway. let's not bring it up here. This can get very nasty.

aXce90
11-01-2014, 06:19 PM
Unity Osts are amazing. I listened to the preview 3-4 times and they get the exactly Baroque's atmosphere.

I like all AC music...maybe the AC3 music was a little bit meh...

JustPlainQuirky
11-01-2014, 06:20 PM
WOW so literally ALL the theme is recycled. Color me disappointed.

It's not a case of opinion, it's a case of how you were expressing them in regards of music. You are an average consumer of music, and that's fine, most of us are. But you acted like you were a great music critic and were very dismissive of others opinions on music in the past.

I have every right to critique music as any other person on earth.

Just because I'm not a professional critic doesn't mean I cant recognize what I deem is uninspiring, bland music.

Namikaze_17
11-01-2014, 06:22 PM

If you figured it could get nasty, why would you say it?

Megas_Doux
11-01-2014, 06:30 PM
I like all AC music...maybe the AC3 music was a little bit meh...

Everyone has it own opinion of course!!!!!

Tthing is I will NEVER understand how is that l someone could rate AC III´s soundtracl as the best considering the fact it DOES NOT have background music during freeroam....

Namikaze_17
11-01-2014, 06:36 PM
thing is I will NEVER understand how is that l someone could rate AC III´s soundtracl as the best considering the fact it DOES NOT have background music during freeroam....

Since when does that determine if a soundtrack is good or not? :rolleyes:

Dev_Anj
11-01-2014, 06:42 PM
If you figured it could get nasty, why would you say it?

As a warning.

I have every right to critique music as any other person on earth.

Just because I'm not a professional critic doesn't mean I cant recognize what I deem is uninspiring, bland music.

The problem with your posts about music is that too many of them are like this:

Jesper Kyd?

AC2 greatest soundtrack?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-G0Mept8su70/UIA2piqShlI/AAAAAAAAGdw/5xJPuAXFbyA/s1600/MittRomneyHugeLaugh.jpeg

See, that's not critiquing, that's not stating your opinion, that's being inflammatory for the sake of being inflammatory. When you started talking about music in a similar manner here, I was reminded of your past behaviour towards music, and after you continued that attitude, I got annoyed, and I said that.

So my point is, cut down on such posts. You already have been banned for bad posting on this forum several times, so it's for your good that you start thinking more about what you post.

Goodbye to you, have a nice day!

Megas_Doux
11-01-2014, 06:50 PM

I disagree with her opinion, but you cant diss her like that because of it.

JustPlainQuirky
11-01-2014, 07:09 PM
that's not critiquing, that's not stating your opinion, that's being inflammatory for the sake of being inflammatory. When you started talking about music in a similar manner here, I was reminded of your past behaviour towards music, and after you continued that attitude, I got annoyed, and I said that.

So my point is, cut down on such posts. You already have been banned for bad posting on this forum several times, so it's for your good that you start thinking more about what you post.

Goodbye to you, have a nice day!

I express my distaste for things in any manner I see fit. If you disagree, you are free to. Doesn't necessarily make my opinion any less 'right' than anyone else's.

And yes I've been banned but they were for completely unrelated reasons. I think the Rogue's music is terrible. My opinion m8.

Namikaze_17
11-01-2014, 07:14 PM
It's Music people...we're no different to the Assassins & Templars if you think we'll agree on everything. :rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
11-01-2014, 07:16 PM
It's Music people...we're no different to the Assassins & Templars if you think we'll agree on everything. :rolleyes:

Agreed.

I respect other people's opinions but I'm not going to sugarcoat mine in regards to AC.

I'm extremely disappointed with Rogue's soundtrack.

TheArcaneEagle
11-01-2014, 07:18 PM
I only like the main theme from what I've heard so far. I wanted Rogue to have a darker soundtrack but it doesn't sound that dark at all.

JustPlainQuirky
11-01-2014, 07:21 PM
True. The game was described to be the darkest game yet (aside from Dead Kings DLC)

Not exactly getting that from the soundtrack.

Namikaze_17
11-01-2014, 07:24 PM
True...I was really expecting a dark feel from the soundtrack.

But I guess not. :(

JustPlainQuirky
11-01-2014, 07:27 PM
I mean I wasn't too fond of the CGI trailer theme but it did sound dark at least.

Namikaze_17
11-01-2014, 07:33 PM
I'm disappointed Rogue didn't get another CGI.

I know they're not cheap, but one more representing what Rogue is about would've been great.

JustPlainQuirky
11-01-2014, 07:36 PM
We all know we just wanted another CGI trailer to see Haytham rendered in CGI gloryness. :rolleyes:

TheArcaneEagle
11-01-2014, 07:40 PM
I'm disappointed Rogue didn't get another CGI.

I know they're not cheap, but one more representing what Rogue is about would've been great.

I'm disappointed with the lack of marketing for Rogue in general. No cinematic trailers, only a story trailer and a gameplay trailer. Hopefully a launch trailer drops by soon.

We all know we just wanted another CGI trailer to see Haytham rendered in CGI gloryness. :rolleyes:

Yess, I wanna see that wet lip and taco hat.

JustPlainQuirky
11-01-2014, 07:43 PM
I'm disappointed with the lack of marketing for Rogue in general. No cinematic trailers, only a story trailer and a gameplay trailer. Hopefully a launch trailer drops by soon.

Yess, I wanna see that wet lip and taco hat.

Yeah and I havent seen a single promotional shay cosplayer or a screenshot of a shay mcfarlane figure or a book tie in announcement or anything. It's a shame.

Well at least Ubi isnt overselling it.

Namikaze_17
11-01-2014, 07:46 PM
It would be hilarious with this lack of marketing that Rogue ends up outshining Unity. :rolleyes:

Megas_Doux
11-01-2014, 07:54 PM
Or may be the lack of marketing serves the same purpose as when a sequel goes direct-to-video instead of theaters........

In regards of the music, some tracks in Rogue, even by their names, seem pretty ambient and that is good.

SpiritOfNevaeh
11-01-2014, 07:56 PM

I'm only hoping theres a good reason for them not giving as much marketing as Rogue.

Ureh
11-01-2014, 08:10 PM
This sounds weird but I think the lack of marketing for Rogue is kinda appropriate. Cause Shay is a shadow character... shrouded in mystery and intrigue. None of the characters in AC3 ever mentioned him by name.... almost as if they feared to utter it (or maybe they just forgot about him :p). As if some memories are best left buried lest they disturb the ghosts of the past.

Arrrrr!

The_Kiwi_
11-01-2014, 10:09 PM
This sounds weird but I think the lack of marketing for Rogue is kinda appropriate. Cause Shay is a shadow character... shrouded in mystery and intrigue. None of the characters in AC3 ever mentioned him by name.... almost as if they feared to utter it (or maybe they just forgot about him :p). As if some memories are best left buried lest they disturb the ghosts of the past.

Arrrrr!

It's official.
Shay is He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named
Someone photo shop his nose into Voldemort's, quick!

Locopells
11-02-2014, 01:19 AM
Lol...

Dev_Anj
11-02-2014, 02:06 AM
I disagree with her opinion, but you cant diss her like that because of it.

Considering her past behaviour, yes I can. It's a warning for her to post better.

I express my distaste for things in any manner I see fit. If you disagree, you are free to. Doesn't necessarily make my opinion any less 'right' than anyone else's.

I'm not asking you to change your opinion, I'm asking you to post more carefully, and with some maturity. This goes for all your posts, by the way.

JustPlainQuirky
11-02-2014, 02:28 AM
Considering her past behaviour, yes I can. It's a warning for her to post better.
I'm not asking you to change your opinion, I'm asking you to post more carefully, and with some maturity. This goes for all your posts, by the way.

I'm going to continue being myself, sorry.

Rogue's Main Theme is terrible. That's my opinion and I'm not sugar coating it.

MakimotoJin
11-02-2014, 04:38 PM
I'm going to continue being myself, sorry.

Rogue's Main Theme is terrible. That's my opinion and I'm not sugar coating it.

Ah well,I didn't really liked it as well.I understand that it's supposed to be nostalgic and a tribute to past ACs,but I would enjoy something dark,since Rogue seems to be "the darkest chapter yet".

JustPlainQuirky
11-02-2014, 04:47 PM
I just want it to have SOME sense of identity.

It's literally 2-3 songs meshed together.

It's like why did they even bother to hire a composer?

Such a disappointment IMO

bigbssbalrog
11-02-2014, 04:54 PM
Well everyone has an opinion. I personally think its one of the best themes.

bdodger
11-16-2014, 03:39 AM
Am I the only one who find the tracks too short?

Before each music could develop into a nice piece it is finished.
The pray, Morrigan, The hunter, The guardian, they all sound pretty good but I wish they be longer.

Sure I am spoiled by the AC2 and AC3 albums, my 2 most favorite Ac music perhaps I was expecting something similar quality but I am bit disappointed on the lack of length and I would not mind it a bit more dark in mood as Ubi claims Rogue to be a darkest of all Ac game. Wish Jesper Kyd or Lorne Balfe would of made this album. Would be a brilliant one.

Okay something positive. The ambient is nice, really nice and I do not mind the Ezio tune either.

Rugterwyper32
11-16-2014, 04:34 AM
Having listened to this soundtrack, I love it. I find the main theme great and this sort of thing is something I've been wanting for when it comes to soundtracks. The series would do well to have more of a "series-wide" theme, and Ezio's family frankly gets the job done, this version mixing in other stuff fits the tone from what I've seen of the game. I love composers bringing in their takes of other composer's works. I love it in Castlevania and I love it here. Make Ezio's Family this series' Vampire Killer.
As for other tracks, I'm a big fan of The Streets, Cityscape, The Prey and Northern Lights, personally. Good times.

HDinHB
03-03-2015, 01:53 AM
1. Why wasn't this song included in the soundtrack?

2. Why didn't I know about this song until I saw the Sprint commercial?

http://youtu.be/W3TtS1wkb7M

Sabutto
03-03-2015, 07:27 AM
I love the Hunter

Sorrosyss
03-03-2015, 09:04 AM
Elitsa did a fairly solid job in my opinion. Yeah, some stuff was recycled but I suspect that was at the request of Ubi, to give a sound off to the last gen of games. I do like that they have made Ezio's family kind of a motif for the series. It's appropriate, and iconic.

Rogue certainly had a far better soundtrack than Unity. There are a few stand out tracks, but The Hunter has to be my fave.

Frank9182011
03-04-2015, 10:59 PM
Does Rogue have ambient music during free-roam? If so, where? I know there are a few main areas.

To expand on this, I'm thinking of starting Rogue, but I've been playing Unity using the PS4's USB music player to add in my own ambient tracks from the Unity OST. I'm not sure I could go directly into a silent AC game akin to AC3. It would feel oddly jarring given the music I've been playing with.

Fatal-Feit
03-04-2015, 11:38 PM
^ It does, but it's subtle. You can hear Ezio's Family echo throughout New York.