harsab
10-30-2014, 05:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW_-exDp3CE#t=26
JUMP ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!!!!!!!!

with more details

http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-unity-time-anomalies/

Megas_Doux
10-30-2014, 05:04 PM
What the F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rrebe
10-30-2014, 05:06 PM
I don't know what I just saw, but it looked fun :D

harsab
10-30-2014, 05:06 PM
what the f!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i know omg. Ubisoft really have some huge surprises up their sleeve!

m4r-k7
10-30-2014, 05:07 PM
HDFHDHFHDHFHGHHGIGHKYOJK

WHAT THE..........

KNEW THEY WOULD FIND SOMEWHERE TO PUT THE EIFFEL TOWER IN. HYPE JUST INCREASED 10000000000x
ARNO IN MODERN DAY / ANIMUS TRICKS... FINALLY SOME INTERESTING MODERN DAY SHIZ

Alphacos007
10-30-2014, 05:10 PM
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaat??????

oliacr
10-30-2014, 05:10 PM
meh

ACfan443
10-30-2014, 05:11 PM
What the ****

I'm, I'm dumbfounded

harsab
EIFFEL TOWER CLIMBING WOW. I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY THIS GAME.

now i know why they are being so secretive about MD

MakimotoJin
I don't know if it makes sense,but it doesn't matter.I'm definitely stealing a current-gen console.

ModernWaffle
10-30-2014, 05:12 PM
Wow, didn't expect that at all, but looks great. I imagine this is the closest we'll ever have of an AC game set in WW2 ;)

pineal_gland
10-30-2014, 05:12 PM
ok, now that's awesome.

Let's hope a time anomaly will bring us to a first civ setting. I would really like that.

harsab
10-30-2014, 05:13 PM
I don't know if it makes sense,but it doesn't matter.I'm definitely stealing a current-gen console.

it will definitely make sense with the modern day aspect.

The power of the Animus!

zainzombie
10-30-2014, 05:14 PM
I wish they would have let us experience that in the game. I

m4r-k7
10-30-2014, 05:14 PM
It looks like WW2 era France due to the sirens and the zeppelins and the plane so I don't think its modern day. Whatever this witchcraft is, I am very intrigued! Arno some how time travels? But how?

This might be one of the coolest AC in game trailers yet, purely due to its mysterious nature... we have never had anything like this before! WTH is going on?!

harsab
10-30-2014, 05:15 PM
It looks like WW2 era France due to the sirens and the zeppelins and the plane so I don't think its modern day. Whatever this witchcraft is, I am very intrigued! Arno some how time travels? But how?

Maybe the POCKET WATCH ARNO HAS IS A PIECE OF EDEN THAT ALLOWS US TO TIME TRAVEL.

lol it could be possible!

Farlander1991
10-30-2014, 05:16 PM
Holy ****.

Arno some how time travels? But how?

Not Arno as far as I understand. It's a glitch in the memory simulation (or maybe it was hacked) and throws the user into different memories.

MakimotoJin
10-30-2014, 05:17 PM
it will definitely make sense with the modern day aspect.

The power of the Animus!

Not the Animus btw,it's now called Helix.But yeah,Arno shooting a machine gun definitely has something to do with modern day.

Maybe the POCKET WATCH ARNO HAS IS A PIECE OF EDEN THAT ALLOWS US TO TIME TRAVEL.

lol it could be possible!

The Pocket Watch of Eden,lol

naumaan
10-30-2014, 05:18 PM
wooooohooooo :D

m4r-k7
10-30-2014, 05:18 PM
Wait don't tell me this is preparing us for different time periods within future games. " Get your first look at Unity’s time anomalies, a brand new feature in the Assassin’s Creed universe. "

I reckon future games will have multiple time periods which they are introducing in Unity.

I know this is incredibly incredibly unlikely but what if Ubisoft have been secretly hiding a WW2 era France as well in the game? Doubt it but Ubisoft definitely have suprises up their sleeves.

ACfan443
10-30-2014, 05:20 PM
They always manage to ruin the surprises towards the end, God I wish this was kept under wraps. I'm actually more annoyed with myself for watching the trailer.

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-30-2014, 05:21 PM
Wow, looks interesting, but I kinda wished they had left it a surprise in-game.

harsab
10-30-2014, 05:21 PM
They always manage to ruin the surprises towards the end, God I wish this was kept under wraps. I'm actually more annoyed with myself for watching the trailer.

Even though they just revealed a huge surprise I'm sure there might be even bigger surprises ahead of us.

Ubisoft wouldn't just spoil the game for us like that.

ACfan443
10-30-2014, 05:25 PM
Even though they just revealed a huge surprise I'm sure there might be even bigger surprises ahead of us.

Well, Alex Hutchinson wanted to keep AC3's naval component a secret but marketing was having non of it.

Alphacos007
10-30-2014, 05:25 PM

I sure hope so. I'd probably have a heart attack and would have to pause the game to take a breath if this happened to me in-game by surprise, which I honestly wish it did.

reddragonhrcro
10-30-2014, 05:26 PM
So we are jumping into WW2 now?
Interesting...

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-30-2014, 05:26 PM

Very true.

harsab
10-30-2014, 05:27 PM
But ******* Arno shooting a machine gun? planes? Trains? is this really gonna be the best AC ever? i think it will.

Mr_Shade
10-30-2014, 05:27 PM
Re-added the spoiler warning to the thread title..

Lets not remove it again please ;)

Layytez
10-30-2014, 05:29 PM
Now there has to be a modern day reasoning for why the animus is doing that. Could be Juno's doing or an effect from us hacking the animus.

UbiJustin
10-30-2014, 05:32 PM
A little peek under our hoods. ;)

harsab
10-30-2014, 05:34 PM
Now there has to be a modern day reasoning for why the animus is doing that. Could be Juno's doing or an effect from us hacking the animus.

hmm i wonder what that Shiny gold ball on top of the Eiffel tower is?

Defo something to do with Juno.

dimbismp
10-30-2014, 05:35 PM
I wish Ubi didn't revwal this.It would be really cool to be surprised by this.Anyway,his must be the Rift missions.The leaked footage must have taken place in Medieval Paris...

DumbGamerTag94
10-30-2014, 05:41 PM
Haha I love how everyone on here is always griping "they better not go past the 18th century" "guns would ruin AC" "AC can never be a shooter" yadda yadda yadda. Yet here we are and they just revealed that Arno(anachronistically btw) will randomly be shooting machine guns at airplanes in WW2(which makes 0 sense whatsoever). And everyone's just "OMG Kewlllll". Seriously? Whattttt????? That level of weirdness plot wise and excess of guns(machine guns/WW2) is somehow ok???? Yet at the same time the forums explode when someone suggests anything post 1800. Hell people even blow a gasket when I try to explain how WW1 would work as an AC. Yet now this??? And that's ok??

Is it just that people are too bad at conceptualizing how awesome these kinds of things are without actually seeing it first????

I just think it's really odd that so so many can be so strongly opposed to something as a concept. But then when it's given to them they praise it from the mountaintops. Whatttt?????? Haha

Megas_Doux
10-30-2014, 05:43 PM
Because it is not an entire game, but an anomaly, pretty much like The Tyranny.....

Layytez
10-30-2014, 05:45 PM
The statue of liberty....

shatzlan
10-30-2014, 05:46 PM
So that's the first time I'm posting anything in these forums, but that's coz I just had to say:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

WHAT THE ACTUAL ***K?!?!
I honestly haven't been shocked by this series that much since Ezio met Minerva. DAMN

SHADOWGARVIN
10-30-2014, 05:48 PM
That was amazing!!

DumbGamerTag94
10-30-2014, 05:51 PM
Because it is not an entire game, but an anomaly, pretty much like The Tyranny.....

But it only serves to prove that AC works in those eras(which was their primary argument for no post-1800 games) weather people like it or not.

I just feel like those who normally gripe about this and then jump on board with this a basically saying...."I hold very strong convictions.....at least until Ubisoft tells me I don't....if they do it I'm totally fine with that"

I just find it very ironic is all and rather funny.

Layytez
10-30-2014, 05:51 PM
I'm betting £1000 we will see the statue of liberty being built.

Pandassin
10-30-2014, 05:52 PM
This game keeps getting better and better! However I will admit I wish this caught me by surprise in the actual game rather than in a trailer, but it has made my hype for this game go even higher (which I didn't even know was possible until now).

Locopells
10-30-2014, 05:55 PM
I'm betting £1000 we will see the Statue of Liberty being built.

Which one?!

DumbGamerTag94
10-30-2014, 05:55 PM
So are these the "Rift Missions" then?????

Because there were ones centered around Jaques de Moley, Haytham Kenway, Edward, Shao Jun, Even ones in the "Jazz Age", and other locations and characters we've never seen

Megas_Doux
10-30-2014, 06:01 PM
Interesting:

This is not only about WW2, but also other eras like the Belle Epoque - later years in the XIX and the first of the XX-

Layytez
10-30-2014, 06:03 PM
Which one?!
Which one ? The 1885/6 one ?

jayjay275
10-30-2014, 06:05 PM
This looks pretty darn cool.

KG_NOx
10-30-2014, 06:05 PM
what is that????????????

jayjay275
10-30-2014, 06:08 PM
Eiffel Tower built 1:1 scale? :D

ArabianFrost
10-30-2014, 06:09 PM
Logged in just to say wow.
Also, the animus never glitches us to a whole different timeline. This seems like Revelations (oh alex!) whereby there's device that causes this. We're either seeing one of Arno's grandchildren or Arno is Doctor Who. If this is just aesthetic and you just do all of the missions in a Paris with a new coating, then **** you Ubi.

Layytez
10-30-2014, 06:11 PM
Logged in just to say wow.
Also, the animus never glitches us to a whole different timeline. This seems like Revelations (oh alex!) whereby there's device that causes this. We're either seeing one of Arno's grandchildren or Arno is Doctor Who. If this is just aesthetic and you just do all of the missions in a Paris with a new coating, then **** you Ubi.
Well this is the Helix so who knows what it can do now.

Locopells
10-30-2014, 06:12 PM
Which one ? The 1885/6 one ?

Don't worry, I was just messing with ya (!) - there are three, but I assumed you meant the NY one?

jayjay275
10-30-2014, 06:12 PM
The word anomalies suggests that there will be multiple missions of these. So is it going to be in the future only, or will we get to go back. (Iknow it is a glitch in the animus,so I'm not talking about time travel).

Layytez
10-30-2014, 06:13 PM
Don't worry, I was just messing with ya (!) - there are three, but I assumed you meant the NY one?
I believe so yeah. The first one made ?

Megas_Doux
10-30-2014, 06:15 PM
More pictures:

[removed]

WW2

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1NQ07DCYAAFSmq.jpg:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1NP6IoCMAA3tS_.jpg:large

Locopells
10-30-2014, 06:15 PM
I believe so yeah. The first one made ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replicas_of_the_Statue_of_Liberty#Jardin_du_Luxemb ourg

Looking at the pics above, it would seem you're right...

jayjay275
10-30-2014, 06:16 PM
So I'm going to assume that it's Paris when Germany occupied it in WW2 (June 14th 1940), because of the zepplins...

Locopells
10-30-2014, 06:18 PM
And the Nazi eagle...

Layytez
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replicas_of_the_Statue_of_Liberty#Jardin_du_Luxemb ourg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/7ebf1526575a974450678dfc38b5c9b6/tumblr_msoyp55A9S1rq0pvmo1_250.gif

TheArcaneEagle

Coincidence that one of them in is the Jardin de Luxembourg which is one of of the many places we will visit in Unity? And also now that we know that the statue will be climbable in a Time Anomaly?

ArabianFrost
Well this is the Helix so who knows what it can do now.

Still. The animus technology reads the memories of your ancestors, nothing else. If this isn't in Arno's memories, then it wouldn't have appeared.

LatinaC09
Wow that was amazing!!! I hope that was a glimpse of WW2 because I've always wanted to see that incorporated in this game. Omg I'm so pumped for this game now. Nov 11 needs to get here now!!!

Layytez
10-30-2014, 06:19 PM
Still. The animus technology reads the memories of your ancestors, nothing else. If this isn't in Arno's memories, then it wouldn't have appeared.
The simulation was collapsing though. With Helix they have probably integrated various time periods that players can explore in since this is a entertainment device.

Sushiglutton
10-30-2014, 06:20 PM
I think this is a much better idea than Modern Day ever was for a couple of reasons (my assumption is that this will replay any MD gameplay content). First off you still play as Arno, which means you have all your abilities and you can do cool stuff as opposed to walking around an office. In other words it's consistent with the rest of the game in terms of gameplay. Secondly it ties in really well with the Paris stories type of content, so it's consistent in terms of narrative

Besides it looks visually really cool (is that a turret sequence though lol?)

TheArcaneEagle
10-30-2014, 06:20 PM
First machine guns ever to be used in an AC game.

And also, since its the Animus failing to load the French Revolution Simulation, is it possible that Arno won't even realize hes in that time period? So he won't even have a reaction to the chaos that ensues around him.

m4r-k7
10-30-2014, 06:39 PM
More pictures:

[removed]

WW2

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1NQ07DCYAAFSmq.jpg:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1NP6IoCMAA3tS_.jpg:large

What the........

So can we free roam in these alternate timelines?

Megas_Doux
10-30-2014, 06:41 PM
What the........

Welll...

Probably those will be linear sequences though.

jayjay275
10-30-2014, 06:42 PM
What the........

I doubt it.

m4r-k7
10-30-2014, 06:45 PM
I think this is setting up multiple time periods for future games. Now that there are these glitches in Helix or whatever, it gives Ubisoft a chance to give us 2 or 3 time periods to explore in later games. Its the way they said that they have introduced these "anomolies" into the AC universe.

This is what they say on the blog:

"All of Paris is your playground in Assassin’s Creed Unity. All of it. We can’t tell you exactly what you’re seeing in the trailer below (we want to leave you with some big surprises), but we can tell you it’s going to blow your mind. Get your first look at Unity’s time anomaly, a brand new feature in the Assassin’s Creed universe."

But what does it mean!?!

Reaper-59
10-30-2014, 06:51 PM
What the . . . . . . .
Is that the erm Chemical revolution bonus mission?
That looked amazing and so much fun. This is what I wanted modern day to be like with Desmond.

TheArcaneEagle
10-30-2014, 06:52 PM
I think this is setting up multiple time periods for future games. Now that there are these glitches in Helix or whatever, it gives Ubisoft a chance to give us 2 or 3 time periods to explore in later games. Its the way they said that they have introduced these "anomolies" into the AC universe.

And perhaps they can take it a step further and use 'Ancestor Anomalies' in which certain assassins (such as Connor in the French Revolution) appear in different timelines or even the same timeline which the game is set but with a completely different assassin from another time period.

MnemonicSyntax
10-30-2014, 06:55 PM
One of the bigger problems I had with Bioshock Infinite is that we really didn't get a chance to explore all those tears that Elizabeth was able to peer into. So based on the images, I'm loving this idea. Especially Belle Epoque, which gives me Columbia vibes.

"There's always a lighthouse. There's always a man. There's always a city."

Megas_Doux
10-30-2014, 06:57 PM
London during various eras is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHADOWGARVIN
10-30-2014, 07:05 PM
Haha I love how everyone on here is always griping "they better not go past the 18th century" "guns would ruin AC" "AC can never be a shooter" yadda yadda yadda.

Turning AC into a shooter would ruin the game for me. I have never been a fan of shooters and never will be.

m4r-k7
^That would be epic to see Roman occupied England, then Medieval / Elizabethan England and then Victorian England all in one game. Make it happen Ubi!

dxsxhxcx

the animus is just reading and emulating the memories of others user's ancestors without changing his avatar..

I have a feeling that this is a way they created show eras they don't have the intention to fully explore in a main game, if that's the case I really hope we don't see Egypt on it.. :p

one thing I would like to see (and play, of course) are the assassinations that made the legendary Assassins who have statues in the Sanctuary famous...

this is an interesting concept but I hope they don't overuse it in the next releases...

m4r-k7
10-30-2014, 07:08 PM
When they said on the blog that we will see "all of Paris. All of it." I think its referring to the fact that we will visit Paris at different time periods, such as Medieval, WW2 etc in these rift missions - Thats awesome!

EDIT: Interesting Kotaku said "A late-2013 Ubisoft survey about the future of Assassin's Creed had floated the idea of an AC game letting players explore a city through different era. "

king-hailz
10-30-2014, 07:15 PM
Wow this is the best news I have heard all year! I am now hyped! Wow... its ww2 and I'm sure we will see medieval since I saw a mission there from leaked game play!

TheHumanTowel
10-30-2014, 07:19 PM
This trailer kind of spoils what could've been a really impressive and surprising moment. If Ubi was only releasing AC1 now they'd have already released four Desmond trailers and "Everything you need to know about the modern day plot twist" trailer.

king-hailz
10-30-2014, 07:21 PM
This trailer kind of spoils what could've been a really impressive and surprising moment. If Ubi was only releasing AC1 now they'd have already released four Desmond trailers and "Everything you need to know about the modern day plot twist" trailer.

Yeah although I'm so hyped... I actually wish I never saw it... I hope there is another massive surprise!

m4r-k7
10-30-2014, 07:22 PM

Well they know that us hardcore fans are going to buy the game so they don't really care about spoiling some stuff. I am sure this trailer has persuaded many less hardcore games to pre order the game. Its good marketing from a business standpoint. But yes, they definitely over market their games.

Alphacos007
10-30-2014, 07:28 PM
Well they know that us hardcore fans are going to buy the game so they don't really care about spoiling some stuff. I am sure this trailer has persuaded many less hardcore games to pre order the game. Its good marketing from a business standpoint. But yes, they definitely over market their games.

Totally agreed. I've seen more than one person saying "omg ww2 i'm totally buying this game now" after this trailer, it was a really good market play. I still wish I had never seen it haha

Bashilir
10-30-2014, 07:31 PM
Very interesting. Would've been cooler for it to be a completely new assassin but nonetheless, quite surprising.

SixKeys
10-30-2014, 07:35 PM
My first thought: Ho. Lee. Sh*******ttt!!

I've always resisted the idea of an entire game taking place in WW2, but this time anomaly thing is actually a brilliant excuse to allow us to visit multiple eras without having to try to work an entire plot in there.

Hype level just went through the roof. :D :D

Also, guys! Remember in the Elise trailer when Arno's pocket watch skipped a beat?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-42VrQ1lTxE0/U9i6a_Or2WI/AAAAAAAAHs0/RJNSaphboQk/s576/Screenshot_2014-07-30-10-26-56.png

Maybe this really is proof of some kind of Piece of Eden shenanigans. Maybe Abstergo or Juno have got their hands on a PoE that manipulates time and are trying to mess with the assassins that way?

Hans684
10-30-2014, 07:40 PM

I've always resisted the idea of an entire game taking place in WW2, but this time anomaly thing is actually a brilliant excuse to allow us to visit multiple eras without having to try to work an entire plot in there.

Also, guys! Remember in the Elise trailer when Arno's pocket watch skipped a beat?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-42VrQ1lTxE0/U9i6a_Or2WI/AAAAAAAAHs0/RJNSaphboQk/s576/Screenshot_2014-07-30-10-26-56.png

Maybe this really is proof of some kind of Piece of Eden shenanigans. Maybe Abstergo or Juno have got their hands on a PoE that manipulates time and are trying to mess with the assassins that way?

Abstero has one kind of POE that manipulates time but they locked it away.

ACfan443
10-30-2014, 07:42 PM

-cut-

I recall Doubleclick pointing this out but it being left largely ignored, looks like it may have some significance after all.
But, the first thought that came to my mind was that these could possibly be short 15-20 minute linear side sequences that have no relevance to the main campaign.

Megas_Doux
10-30-2014, 07:43 PM

[removed]

GunnerGalactico
10-30-2014, 07:44 PM
My gosh! I'm actually speechless. Apart from climbing the Eiffel Tower, it would be nice if we got to parkour on a moving train.

MakimotoJin
10-30-2014, 07:49 PM
[Removed]

So close to a Nikolai....

UbiJustin
10-30-2014, 07:50 PM
Reminder, please do not post leaks. A leak is still considered a leak even this close to launch. There is enough in the trailer to discuss the time anomalies.

SixKeys
10-30-2014, 07:52 PM
Abstero has one kind of POE that manipulates time but they locked it away.

Maybe they busted it out since Juno is now at large? Or because they're worried the assassins are gaining the upper hand? Or there may be another PoE that manipulates time that Abstergo doesn't have but the assassins do.

MakimotoJin
10-30-2014, 07:53 PM
But isn't this time thing happening in the Helix/Animus?I don't think it's related to a PoE,since it's inside the simulation.

SixKeys
10-30-2014, 07:58 PM
But isn't this time thing happening in the Helix/Animus?I don't think it's related to a PoE,since it's inside the simulation.

Good point. Could be Erudito? (Since they're apparently working for Abstergo now.)

Namikaze_17
10-30-2014, 08:00 PM
I'm speechless...

Really am speechless.

king-hailz
10-30-2014, 08:06 PM
I hope they have a story and are relevant to the main ongoing story! It would be a shame if we just have missions there to collect something that will help us unlock armor or something...

Wolfmeister1010
10-30-2014, 08:12 PM
Saw an eifel tower being built screen.....

that means parts take place before ww1 as well

HiddenKiller612
10-30-2014, 08:15 PM
The helix could simply be defective, or has more glitches than normal when dealing with an ancestor's memories.

HoIcon
10-30-2014, 08:19 PM
wish YouTube videos had spoiler tags

Namikaze_17
10-30-2014, 08:21 PM
Saw an eifel tower being built screen.....

that means parts take place before ww1 as well

Hmm...That's interesting. It also looked as if "Arno" was being chased for some unknown reason with a strange aura coming from above.

Can't be Juno since she's still in the Temple, or what if it is?

ze_topazio
10-30-2014, 08:28 PM
I can imagine next year Napoleon's invasion of Egypt with a time anomaly in ancient Egypt.

Mr_Stunner
10-30-2014, 09:02 PM
Now I'm really considering to buy this game before Rogue comes on PS4 :O

Hans684
10-30-2014, 09:03 PM
Maybe they busted it out since Juno is now at large?

No, they locked it away becouse it can create paradoxes. It's uncontrollable, it's to much of a risk.

Or because they're worried the assassins are gaining the upper hand?

The Assassins is is hardly able to survive, they'd be dead if it wasn't for their deal with Initiates. So the Assassins isn't close t getting the upper hand.

Or there may be another PoE that manipulates time that Abstergo doesn't have but the assassins do.

That is possible but that doesn't impact the Animus itself, it doesn't explain Arno is in the WW.

Anyway Arno himself might not be in the WW(it failed to recreate Paris in his time) meaning that it's actually the time period of another Assassin during the time but the Animus kept his avatar. Arno himself isn't traveling trough time.

True_Assassin92
10-30-2014, 09:05 PM
I think the reveal of this is only the tip of the iceberg. They have a lot more to offer which we'll have to discover ourselves. On one hand this is amazing on the other it might be an excuse to not develop a story in certain time periode like china, ancient rome...etc

Hans684
10-30-2014, 09:05 PM
Now I'm really considering to buy this game before Rogue comes on PS4 :O

Sadly Rogue won't but for some reason it will be on PC, so it's no longer a last gen exclusive.

m4r-k7
10-30-2014, 09:10 PM
My take on this:

I don't think it has anything to do with a piece of eden. The lady narrator says "Assassin [so we are playing as a modern day assassin?] the French Revolution simulation is collapsing, I don't know what time period you will land in [different time periods of just France], but you need to get out of there"

Seems like this new system [Helix] has some glitches [which are the time anomolies?] and so we are getting pushed forward in time to other assassins in France [however they have the avatar of Arno]

Thats what me thinks :)

souNdwAve89
10-30-2014, 09:12 PM
This is very wtf, but in a good way. Then again, I can't say I'm too surprised before of the leaks that came out about two or three months ago.

TheIronLotus420
10-30-2014, 09:36 PM
Initial impression...OH. MY. F****ING. GOD.

This looks fahkin amazing! Should be the perfect plot device to replace/improve MD (and it pleases both those who liked and didn't like MD, I believe).

The only concern I have after seeing this, and I foresee this being a VERY legitimate concern, is Ubisoft using this as a scapegoat to half-assedly touch on other time periods, strictly because some fans clamor for it. For the MOST part (and I have to stress most, not ALL of the time) I trust UBI to show us what we want, instead of us telling them what we THINK we want. For example, before Unity was announced, personally I did not want to see a location and time period so similar to the Ezio trilogy. BUT...since then they sure have convinced me on Paris. Not to mention the example someone earlier alluded to, the fact that most of us hooligans absolutely resented the idea of AC in WWII (myself included), but are chomping at the bit after seeing this trailer.

As amazing as this anomaly mumbo-jumbo looks and sounds, I just hope it doesn't turn out to be a big f*ck you to fans...

Mr_Stunner
10-30-2014, 09:39 PM
Sadly Rogue won't but for some reason it will be on PC, so it's no longer a last gen exclusive.

I'm pretty positive it will eventually. I just hope they make a physical version of the game as well so it won't ruin my collection ^^

dxsxhxcx
10-30-2014, 09:42 PM
Not to mention the example someone earlier alluded to, the fact that most of us hooligans absolutely resented the idea of AC in WWII (myself included), but are chomping at the bit after seeing this trailer.

I think people are more excited about the potential this feature has than the setting in question (WW2)

Farlander1991
10-30-2014, 09:42 PM

It still is a last-gen exclusive, PC transcends console generations, it's not a part of that cycle :p

Hans684
10-30-2014, 09:46 PM
I'm pretty positive it will eventually. I just hope they make a physical version of the game as well so it won't ruin my collection ^^

The hope will destroy you child.

cawatrooper9
10-30-2014, 09:55 PM
See, this is why (even though I'm really excited for BOTH games) I think it's silly to say that Rogue has a better story than Unity. We have but the slightest idea what is in these games, we really only know the basic gameplay mechanics and a premise for each game's plot. I think we're in store for even more surprises in the next week and a half.

MnemonicSyntax
10-30-2014, 10:07 PM
See, this is why (even though I'm really excited for BOTH games) I think it's silly to say that Rogue has a better story than Unity. We have but the slightest idea what is in these games, we really only know the basic gameplay mechanics and a premise for each game's plot. I think we're in store for even more surprises in the next week and a half.

I don't know if it has a better story, but I do know it fills in the blanks for a large part of 3/4. Which is why I think those that are excited for Rogue more than Unity because they want to know.

MakimotoJin
10-30-2014, 10:09 PM
I don't know if it has a better story, but I do know it fills in the blanks for a large part of 3/4. Which is why I think those that are excited for Rogue more than Unity because they want to know.

Also because of Haytham.

Hans684
10-30-2014, 10:15 PM

More interesting than Assassin's Duty 101.

That was not a COD comparison or whatever you call it, but because we have only played Assassins so far(expect Haytham). It's been a duty for seven years.

GoldenBoy9999
10-30-2014, 10:37 PM
Okay, wow that was awesome. I didn't expect this AT all.

EmbodyingSeven5
10-30-2014, 10:53 PM
please god tell me that was a WW2 clip we just saw!

have no idea how this will make sense because you are still playing as Arno when you go to another time period. this better be in main game ubi..................
NO MORE DLC OR SPECIAL EDITION DLC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Farlander1991
10-30-2014, 11:06 PM
have no idea how this will make sense because you are still playing as Arno when you go to another time period. this better be in main game ubi..................

Glitch or hack in the Animus/Helix that puts our FR avatar in memories from a different ancestor (possibly even different bloodline if Helix is a collection of tons of DNA files), most likely.

MakimotoJin
10-30-2014, 11:39 PM
Glitch or hack in the Animus/Helix that puts our FR avatar in memories from a different ancestor (possibly even different bloodline if Helix is a collection of tons of DNA files), most likely.

Yup,I think I heard Amancio say that Helix's something about a collection of DNA.

wvstolzing
10-30-2014, 11:50 PM
I think the reveal of this is only the tip of the iceberg.

It has to be that, right? Otherwise they wouldn't make a trailer out of it....

Those rascals know how to make a seasoned veteran excited like he'd never played the series before. :P

cawatrooper9
10-31-2014, 12:29 AM
It has to be that, right? Otherwise they wouldn't make a trailer out of it....

Those rascals know how to make a seasoned veteran excited like he'd never played the series before. :P

Exactly. I like the balance of Rogue focusing on wrapping up the familiar while Unity looks like it's going to throw us into uncharted waters.

RA503
10-31-2014, 01:20 AM
''Do not allow your concept of time to act as a paralyzing veil when the fate of all you hold dear rests in your hands.'' Durga AC brahman.

The girl voice in the trailer is too human to be only the voice of animus, I'm the only one thinking that sounds a lot like Lucy ?

Namikaze_17
10-31-2014, 01:25 AM
You know, she does actually...

Which is strange.

wvstolzing
10-31-2014, 01:28 AM
''Do not allow your concept of time to act as a paralyzing veil when the fate of all you hold dear rests in your hands.'' Durga AC brahman.

The girl voice in the trailer is too human to be only the voice of animus, I'm the only one thinking that sounds a lot like Lucy ?

She's most likely an Assassin who hacks into our 'Animus console'.
I was thinking she might be Rebecca; but I haven't played the games in English so I wouldn't know.

RA503
10-31-2014, 01:40 AM
She's most likely an Assassin who hacks into our 'Animus console'.
I was thinking she might be Rebecca; but I haven't played the games in English so I wouldn't know.

the voice in the trailer is different from rebecca unless they change the actress, she can be one of the girls from initiates.(galina veronina,or the asian girl that uplod information to the site,I don't know if they will put the characters extra game like they did with daniel cross...)

Acrimonious_Nin
10-31-2014, 02:51 AM
Actually, I may not know much, but...She says, in the new trailer, "...French Revolution Simulation is collapsing..." and It seems that the whole "moving through different time periods" part sounds all fun and stuff...but isn't that the same way Clay got into a Bleeding effect? I mean Desmond only made it through the beginning of Ezio's life before he started feeling anything. Clay went completely nuts after going through multiple "time points" without time to rest.

Could this mean that the protagonist may find themselves in a bleeding effect early on ?

And why is it the French Revolution "Simulation"...If the original Animus rendered genetic memory in 3 dimensions, then it was no "simulation" it was "translation" of code into real time genetic memory. If it is using the Animus style system then, it should be called the "French Revolution Simulacra" and not "simulation"...

If this is going to be called "Simulation" then, this program should be similar to the Omega system which is similar to the DDS system which was first started by that Subject 0 lady. Mind you that was reliving WWII point in genetic memory via her husband's mother's genetic material that they got from Subject 0's son...

So it is safe to say that whatever this "Assassin" is using as tech could be likened to an Assassin version of the Omega system...

Reverse Engineering anyone ?
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131220060543/assassinscreed/images/thumb/8/84/GOG_ANewKindOfWar_L.jpg/185px-GOG_ANewKindOfWar_L.webp

Or is it just the Animus 4.0 or whatnot ?!

wvstolzing
10-31-2014, 03:15 AM
Could this mean that the protagonist may find themselves in a bleeding effect early on ?

Not sure if this is at all relevant, but in the recent character intro trailer, where we catch a glimpse of Clay's double-spiral glyph, it's **Arno** actually looking at the glyphs, before the older guy (can't remember the name right now, the rooftop mentor) interrupts him. That's strange, to say the least, because those are supposed to be visible only to the Animus user.

Or maybe I'm just making things up. Luckily that scene seems to take place earlier in the game, so we won't have to wait too long to see what it's all about.

Mr.Black24
10-31-2014, 03:30 AM
This is the kind of stuff that will make me love this series forever. its like the Tyranny of King Washington, so good!

If they can do this, maybe a Connor DLC please? I mean you just threw Arno into WW2, you can do it!

Acrimonious_Nin
10-31-2014, 03:54 AM
Not sure if this is at all relevant, but in the recent character intro trailer, where we catch a glimpse of Clay's double-spiral glyph, it's **Arno** actually looking at the glyphs, before the older guy (can't remember the name right now, the rooftop mentor) interrupts him. That's strange, to say the least, because those are supposed to be visible only to the Animus user.

Or maybe I'm just making things up. Luckily that scene seems to take place earlier in the game, so we won't have to wait too long to see what it's all about.

Actually...I think I have stated this before somewhere...Edward Norton Lorenz, who made that "chaos theory" that, Clay wrote in blood in 2012, was born in 1917 in America (his Chaos Theory was actualized mathematically around 1963 )...How in the world is Arno seeing this if Edward N. Lorenz and Clay happened 170+ years after the french revolution ?!?! How is Arno in a cell that belonged to a man that wrote the chaos theory before the man who wrote the chaos theory ?

I think that DLC about the time anomaly could be the missing piece too this question...The event, in the trailer, when Arno is Climbing the Eiffel Tower is in 1940 when the Germans raised that, "V" over the Eiffel to imitate the allied forces campaign, "V for Victory" campaign...So I wonder how the chaos theory(1963) is showing up in his cell around the 1790's...

And the Yonaguni islands of Japan and the 3 pyramids also show up...>_> Could he relive Japan, Egypt, and the US ?

BTW 1963...Assassination of JFK...Is Arno really Desmond's bloodline or is it Clay's ? It almost looks like we are looking into Sample16's bloodline... everything sounds like Clay to me...

Then again Clay did do something to Desmond before 'saving' him lol

zainzombie
10-31-2014, 04:16 AM
I still wish it was kept under wraps until the game released!...... It would have been amazing to experience that yourself for the first time.

rprkjj
10-31-2014, 04:43 AM
This is amazing. I just wonder if this will close some doors for other time periods/settings.

I-Like-Pie45
10-31-2014, 04:50 AM
will there be any settings with feet like the Caribbean

twenty_glyphs
10-31-2014, 06:02 AM
Actually...I think I have stated this before somewhere...Edward Norton Lorenz, who made that "chaos theory" that, Clay wrote in blood in 2012, was born in 1917 in America (his Chaos Theory was actualized mathematically around 1963 )...How in the world is Arno seeing this if Edward N. Lorenz and Clay happened 170+ years after the french revolution ?!?! How is Arno in a cell that belonged to a man that wrote the chaos theory before the man who wrote the chaos theory ?

The Lorenz Attractor symbol from the center of Subject 16's wall and from the Unity trailer is a 3-dimensional graph of the solution to a set of Lorenz's equations. It's very likely that the First Civilization discovered the same equations long before their own civilization disappeared. I doubt time travel has anything to do with those symbols being in the past. We even know that Minerva could look into possible futures to come, so any symbols that they show to humans that didn't exist in the past could have been seen when they calculated possible future outcomes.

As for the new trailer, it looks interesting. The lightning above the Eiffel Tower reminds me of the electricity that Tesla used to destroy the Staff of Eden and set off the Tunguska explosion, though it may be unrelated. There looks like there might be an orange glow above the Eiffel Tower that looks sort of like the light that Arno runs into at the beginning of the trailer. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the exit to a rather linear level, and the whole reason for climbing the Eiffel Tower is just to reach the exit from the level.

pirate1802
10-31-2014, 06:24 AM
Holy ********ing mother****ing shiet!!

This singlehandedly raised my hype level for Unity through the roof!
Whoever thought this up is a genius in my books, he found the perfect solution to MD's problems (Desmond using Connor's movesets and weapons etc.)

wvstolzing
10-31-2014, 07:21 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if that is the exit to a rather linear level, and the whole reason for climbing the Eiffel Tower is just to reach the exit from the level.

That reminds me of the Assassin Tombs, Romulus Lairs, Memory Disc locations, etc. Maybe this time that kind of 'linear' quest is part of the MD, and can take place in various time periods, due to 'glitches' in the Animus or whatever.

And I'm sure there will be an interesting reason as to *why* it glitches, the simulation fails, etc. The theory that Clay or Desmond might be in there as a virus appeals to me a lot (yeah I know it sounds silly); though I'm not too hopeful that that will turn out to be the case.

Ureh
10-31-2014, 10:23 AM
Before you know it we start seeing all the buildings flipping and spinning and turning inside-out. Then this music starts playing while a giant Juno is chasing us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imamcajBEJs

GoldenBoy9999
10-31-2014, 01:54 PM
I hope this level is open enough that we can actually spend some time in it. I know for sure I'll be walking slowly through it like I did with AC3's Mayan level in preparation for AC4.

This may be the only time we get an assassin's creed game this far in history(besides modern day of course) so I'm going to be examining all the little details of World War 2 Paris.

TheArcaneEagle
10-31-2014, 01:57 PM
I hope this level is open enough that we can actually spend some time in it. I know for sure I'll be walking slowly through it like I did with AC3's Mayan level in preparation for AC4.

This may be the only time we get an assassin's creed game this far in history(besides modern day of course) so I'm going to be examining all the little details of World War 2 Paris.

Won't Arno be looked upon for looking so different, not to mention the sword and that huge musket on his back?

m4r-k7
10-31-2014, 02:07 PM
Won't Arno be looked upon for looking so different, not to mention the sword and that huge musket on his back?

I don't think Arno actually time travels. I think you go forward in the animus to a WW2 French Assassin and the Animus is glitched and is using Arno's avatar.

RinoTheBouncer
10-31-2014, 02:07 PM
Last night, I was at the mall and I saw this and I swear I jumped in my place, my heart was racing. OMG this is so damn epic!
This exceeded my expectations. I mean I know I want a REAL modern day segment, but this a hell of a lot better than the leaked Rift gameplay, the floating iPad of ACIV and what we presumed to be an AC:Liberation like game with just emails and hacks happening every now and then. I’m so happy!

This could be:

1. An Animus/Helix glitch: we don’t know how the Helix works, so it could be anything from something similar to AC:R’s Lost Archive and Desmond’s Journey kinda environment showing various parts of history all merged in one time or just a random simulator created in the Helix gaming console.

2. An interaction with a P.O.E. caused this: from the looks of the final parts with all the balloons and stuff, it feels like an alternate universe, an alternate reality, a what-if story, something like ToKW.

3. Juno is everywhere: she’s basically in the “nervous system of the world” so her knowledge of the different possibilities in history could’ve resulted in this anomaly.

What I hope for is that this is given more depth than just a mere glitch or a “game” within the animus, because from the looks of it, the possibilities are endless.

GoldenBoy9999
10-31-2014, 02:24 PM
Last night, I was at the mall and I saw this and I swear I jumped in my place, my heart was racing.

Where were you in a mall that you were able to see this? The only place I can think is in a game store.

I get super excited when I see a game related trailer on TV even though I've seen the same one a thousand times...

RinoTheBouncer
10-31-2014, 02:26 PM
Where were you in a mall that you were able to see this? The only place I can think is in a game store.

I get super excited when I see a game related trailer on TV even though I've seen the same one a thousand times...

Actually, I was texting and the Tweet notification appeared and I was like “Oh is this gonna be another footage around Notre Dame?” then I was like “OMG OMG OMG!”.

And yeah, seeing trailers and music videos on T.V. or songs on the radio feels a lot more different and special even when you’ve repeated that trailer/song/movie a million times on your computer or tablet. Haha!

Namikaze_17
10-31-2014, 02:29 PM
Ah, so it is WW2 Paris.

Great. :)

It'll be very interesting to see how this plays out.

SteelCity999
10-31-2014, 02:52 PM
All I got to say is that I better be listed in the credits......

After ACR came out, I commented on how Desmond's animus journey (coma) could've been handled differently. I suggested that the animus could have "glitched" into different time periods and different assassins, whereby Desmond would have to successfully navigate through the glitched memories in order to come out of the coma. It was part of the animus being jumbled and him trying to put himself back together. Oddly enough, I mentioned doing missions in where you'd be playing as an assassin trying to take down Hitler in WW2...among other periods.

Funny how that was feedback on Alex's last game.....Just sayin....

m4r-k7
10-31-2014, 03:23 PM
I just thought of something. Perhaps there won't be a Napoleonic game after all as I am pretty sure one of the time anomolies will be during Napoleonic France.

Acrimonious_Nin
10-31-2014, 03:30 PM
The Lorenz Attractor symbol from the center of Subject 16's wall and from the Unity trailer is a 3-dimensional graph of the solution to a set of Lorenz's equations. It's very likely that the First Civilization discovered the same equations long before their own civilization disappeared. I doubt time travel has anything to do with those symbols being in the past. We even know that Minerva could look into possible futures to come, so any symbols that they show to humans that didn't exist in the past could have been seen when they calculated possible future outcomes.
Makes sense O.o

Jarek23
10-31-2014, 03:32 PM
I kinda wish they didn't release this trailer, I saw it yesterday on youtube.

It would have been a nice surprise if it happened as you were playing.

SlyTrooper
10-31-2014, 04:18 PM
Why are some people on youtube super hyped about this, but others are saying that they're done with the series because of it? What a strange world we live in. Anyone who says that they're done with the series just proves my point about how people ask for change but reject it when it is given. This is such a change, but the very people who say they want it don't like it because it's different... I hate humans sometimes.

Kaschra
10-31-2014, 05:03 PM
I'm definitely interested in these time anomalies. They could end up being pretty cool.

So, we got WW2 Paris, Belle Epoque Paris and
I'm REALLY sure we will get one during the time when Jaques de Molay lived. He was the last official Templar Grand Master before the Templars went into hiding, and he died in 1314 in Paris. There's like no way they'd omit that.

wvstolzing
10-31-2014, 06:01 PM
The Lorenz Attractor symbol from the center of Subject 16's wall and from the Unity trailer is a 3-dimensional graph of the solution to a set of Lorenz's equations. It's very likely that the First Civilization discovered the same equations long before their own civilization disappeared.

Sure; but the question here is not whether the symbol existed as such; it's that it's the same *glowy-red* glyph that Clay wrote with his blood, exactly as it looked in AC1 & 2. First-Civ has a predilection for glowing amber/gold inscriptions on surfaces that look like marble or emerald.

Yet, *Clay*'s glyph might have something to do with First-Civ mathematics, and Minerva's calculations. Maybe he caught a glimpse of how it was done?

(as a side note: anyone else notice that they drew inspiration from Asimov's Foundation, with that whole 'future possibility calculation', and even 'time vault' thingies?)

MnemonicSyntax
10-31-2014, 06:10 PM
Sure; but the question here is not whether the symbol existed as such; it's that it's the same *glowy-red* glyph that Clay wrote with his blood, exactly as it looked in AC1 & 2. First-Civ has a predilection for glowing amber/gold inscriptions on surfaces that look like marble or emerald.

Yet, *Clay*'s glyph might have something to do with First-Civ mathematics, and Minerva's calculations. Maybe he caught a glimpse of how it was done?

(as a side note: anyone else notice that they drew inspiration from Asimov's Foundation, with that whole 'future possibility calculation', and even 'time vault' thingies?)

Or it could be that whoever put that on the wall, is an ancestor of Thom Kavanaugh, or Arno is part of the line himself.

Namikaze_17
10-31-2014, 06:20 PM
I'm definitely interested in these time anomalies. They could end up being pretty cool.

I'm REALLY sure we will get one during the time when Jaques de Molay lived. He was the last official Templar Grand Master before the Templars went into hiding, and he died in 1314 in Paris. There's like no way they'd omit that.

Hmm...interesting theory, Kas.

GunnerGalactico
10-31-2014, 07:58 PM

You never know. We might catch a glimpse of Jacque de Molay being burned at the stake.

roostersrule2
10-31-2014, 10:43 PM
Hmm...interesting theory, Kas.I'd say it's a tad more then a theory...

Also this is the sickest thing AC has ever done.

Namikaze_17
10-31-2014, 10:46 PM
I'd say it's a tad more then a theory...

Also this is the sickest thing AC has ever done.

True, I'll give you that.

ze_topazio
11-01-2014, 12:27 AM
Lutetia Parisiorum, the Roman Paris, do it Ubisoft.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-eaD_5DhDeo0/U6Z_awF_TXI/AAAAAAAAFGo/EFrumDolCOU/s1600/gypsum+Roman+Paris+2.jpg

OpticSpecs
11-01-2014, 12:55 AM
What do you guys think of the video?

SHADOWGARVIN
11-01-2014, 01:10 AM
This already has it's own thread.

I-Like-Pie45
11-01-2014, 01:29 AM
Ubisoft would be very remiss to pass up the chance to recreate the ultimate confrontation between Assassins and dastardly Templar wolves (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolves_of_Paris)

RA503
11-01-2014, 01:59 AM
Ubisoft would be very remiss to pass up the chance to recreate the ultimate confrontation between Assassins and dastardly Templar wolves (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolves_of_Paris)

in the novel elise is atacked by a wolf in the beginning but she is saved by his mother...

Namikaze_17
11-01-2014, 02:07 AM
in the novel elise is atacked by a wolf in the beginning but she is saved by his mother...

The Novel is out?

RA503
11-01-2014, 02:59 AM
The Novel is out?

only the first chapters, in portuguese, I made a tread about it but the moderation delete,probably because it don't have the spoiler tag in the title(I made it before the change in the rules for spoilers).

Namikaze_17
11-01-2014, 03:31 AM
only the first chapters, in portuguese, I made a tread about it but the moderation delete,probably because it don't have the spoiler tag in the title(I made it before the change in the rules for spoilers).

Oh, ok...

RA503
11-01-2014, 06:07 AM
I thinking now,if we explore the paris of all times is because paris will never return in the series after unity,ubsoft have the obligation to include some mention of nicholas flamel,joan of arc, the sword of eden and the philosofer stone,and solve one of project legacy open ends that is giovanni borgia and maria found the tomb of flamel mysterious empty.

SixKeys
11-01-2014, 06:11 AM
Lutetia Parisiorum, the Roman Paris, do it Ubisoft.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-eaD_5DhDeo0/U6Z_awF_TXI/AAAAAAAAFGo/EFrumDolCOU/s1600/gypsum+Roman+Paris+2.jpg

They had two Colosseums? O_o

pirate1802
11-01-2014, 06:29 AM
Isn't that just the generic arena?

king-hailz
11-01-2014, 08:46 AM
Is anyone else thinking this is starting to get too much for them to handle... I mean there is just so much now... I am kinda worried but excited at the same time obviously!

king-hailz
11-01-2014, 09:23 AM
Is anyone else thinking this is starting to get too much for them to handle... I mean there is just so much now... I am kinda worried but excited at the same time obviously!

LoyalACFan
11-01-2014, 10:26 AM

In the back of my mind, yeah... AC3 had a TON of content but a huge chunk of it sucked. At least everything they've shown so far looks like it wasn't halfassed.

As for the time anomalies thing... eh. I really don't know what to think. If they're one-off missions it could be cool (kinda like digital trips) but they're toeing a very thin line IMO. I detested the Tyranny of King Washington, with all of its ridiculous spirit animal powers and cheesy alternate reality mumbo jumbo, and this seems to be its distant cousin.

Farlander1991
11-01-2014, 10:49 AM
In the back of my mind, yeah... AC3 had a TON of content but a huge chunk of it sucked. At least everything they've shown so far looks like it wasn't halfassed.

As for the time anomalies thing... eh. I really don't know what to think. If they're one-off missions it could be cool (kinda like digital trips) but they're toeing a very thin line IMO. I detested the Tyranny of King Washington, with all of its ridiculous spirit animal powers and cheesy alternate reality mumbo jumbo, and this seems to be its distant cousin.

A VERY distant cousin at most.

Unlike ToKW, there's no superpowers or anything supernatural going on, everything that's happening is still grounded in reality (as much as you can ground in reality a leap of faith from a tall building :p ). If anything, I would say it's the cousin of ACR memory seals - where we are put into the memories of a different ancestor in a different time period (only since all of this is caused by a faulty simulation, we keep our old avatar who hasn't actually seen or experienced those memories)

ze_topazio
11-01-2014, 01:12 PM
They had two Colosseums? O_o

The one inside the city was a theater, only the one outside was a gladiator arena.

marvelfannumber
11-01-2014, 01:18 PM
I really hope we have an anomaly in medieval Paris too, because I always wanted to climb the medieval Louvre sooo bad!

http://i.imgur.com/TpymGJd.jpg

pirate1802
11-01-2014, 01:18 PM
with all of its ridiculous spirit animal powers and cheesy alternate reality mumbo jumbo

haha, I remember a time in the forums when you couldn't have said that without being accused of being insensitive to native american's religious beliefs.. :rolleyes:

SHADOWGARVIN
11-01-2014, 01:36 PM
I really hope we have an anomaly in medieval Paris too, because I always wanted to climb the medieval Louvre sooo bad!

http://i.imgur.com/TpymGJd.jpg

That would be amazing to climb!

RinoTheBouncer
11-01-2014, 04:59 PM
Yeah, the idea that the Helix or whatever caused these Time Anomalies can actually show any period of time gives endless possibilities to visit locations and monuments that are not worth making a whole new game about but at the same time, really worth seeing in an AC game.

JustPlainQuirky
11-01-2014, 05:01 PM
This trailer has such mixed reviews.

IGN and youtube hates it. And people here generally like it.

TheHumanTowel
11-01-2014, 05:14 PM
This trailer has such mixed reviews.

IGN and youtube hates it. And people here generally like it.
It's got 4,400 likes to about 200 dislikes.....That's a pretty overwhelming positive response. I don't go on IGN.

JustPlainQuirky
11-01-2014, 05:25 PM
Referring to the comments.

But youtube and IGN commentors often have a seething hate for AC so...

I've seen some mixed reviews on twitter but most were generally positive.

TheHumanTowel
11-01-2014, 05:28 PM
Referring to the comments.

But youtube and IGN commentors often have a seething hate for AC so...

I've seen some mixed reviews on twitter but most were generally positive.
Comments are an incredibly small minority of the people who watch videos and even I can only see a couple of negative ones in the top comments.

JustPlainQuirky
11-01-2014, 05:34 PM
tr00

Acrimonious_Nin
11-01-2014, 06:18 PM
So...The Time Anomaly trailer shows the Temporal error in the software. But did it ever make mention or imply, in anyway that, the error could also be Geographical ? Because if it is only Temporal, then, would that not mean that, the user is going to be thrown around different time periods it France ?

She states,"Assassin, watch out! The French Revolution Simulation is collapsing I don't know what time period you will land it but you need to get out of there ! "

I think it is safe to say that, Being that there is a theory that was going around, for a time, that posited the probability of revisiting France when the Romans had taken over around the 2nd century A.D and built the temple of Jupiter, which is right now under the Notre Dame, would be visited because in almost all cases in trailers the Notre Dame was in almost every shot. Arno could potentially learn about the Temple of Jupiter from one of these Temporal errors the machine is experiencing. And then WWII >_>

BTW why are people calling the software "Helix" ? Where was it mentioned ? Thanks

offTopic
----------
In regards to the Templar Order around the time of the crusades in France, which could have made use of Mont Blanc in some way shape or form for their operations, And Arno's time Anomaly sequences. Story goes that the Templars were given some part of the land of Languedoc, South Eastern France, which is relatively close to the general area where Mont Blanc is located...Why is this important ? Because it might just be something connected to the DIA incident which is the last known use of the AoE #2 which was destroyed. The DIA has a roof that is called Mont Blanc which was created by Freemasons which some speculate would have some connections with Templars of France that lived near Mont Blanc and created the DIA in the image of Mont Blanc of the French Templars of old...Lucy once stated that there were 3 possible locations for their satellite launch and those were America, Russia or China. Being that DIA could be a highly suspected location due to it's history and recent events, The DIA could be the location of this satellite launch that, maybe the Initiates could exploit for their own reasons ? maybe ?

GoldenBoy9999
11-01-2014, 06:26 PM
Mayrice what do you think about this Time Anomaly?

---------------------------------------

Also, what if they've just been advertising French Revolution era Paris this whole time but the big surprise is that both the medieval and WWII era Paris have equally large worlds. :rolleyes:

cawatrooper9
11-01-2014, 06:27 PM
I wonder how far forward you can go in time? Do you think it will be possible to somehow to somehow meet some modern day assassins in Paris? Still virtual representations, but still in real time (actually, doesn't sound too far removed from "the eye" and the projections of Juno and Minerva...)

JustPlainQuirky
11-01-2014, 06:29 PM
Conceptually, I've always been a fan of mixing time periods through a glitch or hack in the animus.

And even tho this pretty much guarantees there's no Modern Day, it's a lot better than hacking minigames and reading paragraphs worth of text.

Just makes me sad we wont be able to fight Juno in the REAL WORLD. or see anything in the real world for that matter...

and I dislike being called an 'assassin'. I'm a templar, damn it!

overall I do like it though.

Megas_Doux
11-01-2014, 06:34 PM
Paris is one the best cites to held an AC game, in ANY period, so I´m fine with this.

In regards of this thing being the "new" modern gameplay, I already accepted that AC III ruined the modern story, so.....

JustPlainQuirky
11-01-2014, 06:35 PM
are people actually calling this the Modern Day? Wat?

It literally takes place in the past.

m4r-k7
11-01-2014, 06:43 PM
This isn't the modern day I dont think.... they are the rift missions. I am pretty sure there is a modern day part as well.

Namikaze_17
11-01-2014, 07:05 PM
Paris is one the best cites to held an AC game, in ANY period, so I´m fine with this.

In regards of this thing being the "new" modern gameplay, I already accepted that AC III ruined the modern story, so.....

MD stopped being interesting when Minerva was revealed...just broke all suspense imo.

Hans684
11-01-2014, 07:08 PM
MD stopped being interesting when Minerva was revealed...just broke all suspense imo.

"It is sometimes hard to remember how easy life was, before the world changed..."

Megas_Doux
11-01-2014, 07:13 PM

Well:

I would not go that far as AC 2, however:

1 I hated the fact that Lucy´s betrayal was that poorly explained.
2 The whole execution of AC III modern day: killing Vidic was cringeworthy to see, and those two deus ex machinas of Cross suffering bleeding effect just in the right moment without build up, and minerva´s Presence to cause the climax were pretty bad, imo.
3 After that Ubi just ran out of ideas.

TheArcaneEagle
11-01-2014, 07:15 PM
My only gripe and perhaps a missed opportunity.

I would like to see it taking us back in time to Roman Gaul. I think the avatar being simulated in that time period would stand a better chance against guards with swords and spears rather than Wehrmahct soldiers with rifles and sub-machine guns.

Also, imagine with Unity's crowds in the old Arles Amphitheater (I know it isn't actually in Paris but you know) that would be insane.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8e/Arles_amphitheater.jpg

Other than that I am extremely happy that they went ahead and decided to do these time anomalies - I just hope theres more.

Namikaze_17
11-01-2014, 07:20 PM
"It is sometimes hard to remember how easy life was, before the world changed..."

Touché... :cool:

@Mega

Yeah, that stuff ruined it too...

wvstolzing
11-01-2014, 09:41 PM
BTW why are people calling the software "Helix" ? Where was it mentioned ? Thanks

It's on several official screenshots of the in-game UI that have been coming out (e.g. the costume customization screens). (It says: "The Helix Database")

One of the devs also said outright in an interview that this is what the machine is called; though I don't remember which interview. One of the ones that came out during all the trade shows.

RinoTheBouncer
11-01-2014, 09:46 PM
Yeah, Gabe said it himself to me, personally at Gamescom, that the device we’re using is called The Helix.

SlyTrooper
11-01-2014, 11:47 PM
I think that this is similar to what happened with Haytham, except maybe on a larger scale. If Ubi have done what I am about to suggest, I will be very impressed with them.
I believe that they are trying to distract us from what the game is actually all about. I'm willing to bet that the French Revolution is only about 75% or less of the game at most. It's possible that it isn't even that. We might play 4 different time periods of Paris for 25% of the game per period e.g. WW2 Paris, Medieval Paris (when the Templar guy was burned on the stake) etc... It's possible because they don't need to completely make a new Paris to do it, so they can just change things a little bit.

Namikaze_17
11-01-2014, 11:50 PM
I think that this is similar to what happened with Haytham, except maybe on a larger scale. If Ubi have done what I am about to suggest, I will be very impressed with them.
I believe that they are trying to distract us from what the game is actually all about. I'm willing to bet that the French Revolution is only about 75% or less of the game at most. It's possible that it isn't even that. We might play 4 different time periods of Paris for 25% of the game per period e.g. WW2 Paris, Medieval Paris (when the Templar guy was burned on the stake) etc... It's possible because they don't need to completely make a new Paris to do it, so they can just change things a little bit.

I could dig it...They say it's their playground, what's a better way than this?

GoldenBoy9999
11-02-2014, 12:12 AM

Exactly!!! When I said this earlier,

Also, what if they've just been advertising French Revolution era Paris this whole time but the big surprise is that both the medieval and WWII era Paris have equally large worlds.
that was exactly what I was talking about. A Haytham like thing. I was also considering the idea of switching at either a button press or something a little slower than that. It'd go from 18th century Paris to a 1940's one with the style of architecture being changed some.

If this was true, it'd surely be GOTY and considered the best AC by fans and would be a HUGE surprise.

SlyTrooper
11-02-2014, 03:03 AM
Exactly!!! When I said this earlier,

that was exactly what I was talking about. A Haytham like thing. I was also considering the idea of switching at either a button press or something a little slower than that. It'd go from 18th century Paris to a 1940's one with the style of architecture being changed some.

If this was true, it'd surely be GOTY and considered the best AC by fans and would be a HUGE surprise.

Oh, sorry, I didn't read that. I like the idea of switching when we want. However, maybe there are just portals (like the thing Arno jumped through in the trailer) that allow us to switch. It would make more sense within the lore & wouldn't take up a button.

GoldenBoy9999
11-02-2014, 03:21 AM
Oh, sorry, I didn't read that. I like the idea of switching when we want. However, maybe there are just portals (like the thing Arno jumped through in the trailer) that allow us to switch. It would make more sense within the lore & wouldn't take up a button.

We think alike. When I said "slower" I meant that very thing. You'd have to find one of the glitches in the map. I was just typing lazily.

OpticSpecs
11-02-2014, 03:21 AM
GoldenBoy9999 and SlyTrooper, I hope your theory will be true.

It would be epic if they put co-op in medieval Paris and World War 2.
These are the two eras I wanted most in AC. :)

Acrimonious_Nin
11-02-2014, 04:11 AM
It's on several official screenshots of the in-game UI that have been coming out (e.g. the costume customization screens). (It says: "The Helix Database")

One of the devs also said outright in an interview that this is what the machine is called; though I don't remember which interview. One of the ones that came out during all the trade shows.

Yeah, Gabe said it himself to me, personally at Gamescom, that the device we’re using is called The Helix.

Thanks a bunch for that bit of info...I had missed that >_> So the new DNA sequencing machine thing is called "The Helix" some how it's proper...

Alphacos007
11-02-2014, 04:14 AM
On E3, when they showed the first trailers, there was a glipse where it said Helix Database, so people started asking Amancio about that, and then he said that it was indeed the new machine that was going to be used instead of the animus.

HiddenKiller612
11-02-2014, 04:45 AM
I think these anomalies will simply be a few missions, no way they'd make them a third of the entire game.

Legendz54
11-02-2014, 09:51 AM
Haven't been here in ages, This is awesome, Anyone else seeing all the leaked gameplay on youtube?

TheArcaneEagle
11-02-2014, 10:22 AM
Haven't been here in ages, This is awesome, Anyone else seeing all the leaked gameplay on youtube?

Just watched one. And oh my bloody god do those crowds look so good. There are so many people in one spot I wish I could post it here but if you stumble across it you'll know what I mean. The only issue I see is those pop-ins and crowd morphing which is so hard to ignore but hopefully these 2 weeks have been spent fixing that.

RinoTheBouncer
11-02-2014, 04:26 PM
Thanks a bunch for that bit of info...I had missed that >_> So the new DNA sequencing machine thing is called "The Helix" some how it's proper...

You’re welcome, buddy!

SlyTrooper
11-02-2014, 05:09 PM
Just watched one. And oh my bloody god do those crowds look so good. There are so many people in one spot I wish I could post it here but if you stumble across it you'll know what I mean. The only issue I see is those pop-ins and crowd morphing which is so hard to ignore but hopefully these 2 weeks have been spent fixing that.

Honestly, in the leaked gameplay I've seen it looks really good. Yes, there are a few small bugs, but it looks much better than I was expecting.

LatinaC09
11-03-2014, 01:15 AM
I'm assuming those blimps are Zeppelins. I thought those were used in WW1 mostly.

Ok yes I did a little research. Zeppelins were really only used in WW1. By WW2 they would have been considered too slow. Here's a few articles I found on this.

http://spot.colorado.edu/~dziadeck/zf/historical.htm

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/656592/zeppelin

Ureh
11-03-2014, 01:42 AM
What's that big "V" doing on the Eiffel tower? V for vendetta? V for Victor Dorian? he traveled forward in time and took over Paris?!

@LatinaC09
Yea I'm curious too. At first I guessed they were barrage balloons but that wouldn't make any sense! *facepalm*

cawatrooper9
11-03-2014, 01:49 AM
What's that big "V" doing on the Eiffel tower? V for vendetta? V for Victor Dorian? he traveled forward in time and took over Paris?!

@LatinaC09
Yea I'm curious too. At first I guessed they were barrage balloons but that wouldn't make any sense! *facepalm*

The Allies used a "V for Victory" propaganda campaign during the war. Eventually, the Nazis saw that it was pretty effective so they put a big "V" on the Eiffel Tower for their own propaganda.

Ureh
11-03-2014, 01:56 AM
The Allies used a "V for Victory" propaganda campaign during the war. Eventually, the Nazis saw that it was pretty effective so they put a big "V" on the Eiffel Tower for their own propaganda.

Thank you for the info! That's what I guessed but now I know for sure.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-9Y3gM48YhTc/UWCDjkkXoeI/AAAAAAAAD5s/qEaBGkYf3uk/s1600/The+Eiffel+Tower+during+the+Nazi+occupation,+1940. jpg
http://rarehistoricalphotos.com/eiffel-tower-nazi-occupation-1940/

GoldenBoy9999
11-03-2014, 03:54 AM
Zeppelins used to be one of my only fears and still kinda is. Now I'm extremely fascinated by them though.

I started to think of when I saw zeppelins in a WW and I could only think of Flyboys. That movie was during WW1 so that goes along with what Latina said. Thanks for the info!

I would like to know why there are so many right around the Eiffel tower, but I figure I'll have to wait for the game. :)

SlyTrooper
11-03-2014, 06:16 PM
Zeppelins used to be one of my only fears and still kinda is. Now I'm extremely fascinated by them though.

I started to think of when I saw zeppelins in a WW and I could only think of Flyboys. That movie was during WW1 so that goes along with what Latina said. Thanks for the info!

I would like to know why there are so many right around the Eiffel tower, but I figure I'll have to wait for the game. :)

I used to really hate hearing about WW2, but as I have aged I'm now really interested in it.

TheArcaneEagle
11-03-2014, 06:19 PM
Ww1 > ww2

Not sure, but it would probably be broadcasted on the news at that time, so seeing that massive 'V' that was constructed on the Tower and all those zepplins were a way for Germany to show off their conquest in France. Just a guess.

SlyTrooper
11-03-2014, 08:05 PM
Am I the only one surprised that this hasn't come up in all the leaks? At least not that I know of. I think that's a good thing. It saves me the trouble of being spoilt.

ze_topazio
11-03-2014, 08:06 PM
I have seen a leak about it actually.

marvelfannumber
11-03-2014, 08:07 PM
Am I the only one surprised that this hasn't come up in all the leaks? At least not that I know of. I think that's a good thing. It saves me the trouble of being spoilt.

Well there was that wierd Rfit Mission leak, which I think is what these are (I surely hope they aren't cause that initial Rift Mission looked incredibly boring).

RinoTheBouncer
11-03-2014, 08:12 PM
Well there was that wierd Rfit Mission leak, which I think is what these are (I surely hope they aren't cause that initial Rift Mission looked incredibly boring).

They were a DISASTER. Thank God they were changed to this and I hope that style was ditched, completely.

killzab
11-03-2014, 08:15 PM
They were a DISASTER. Thank God they were changed to this and I hope that style was ditched, completely.

They're still in the game ... I saw a leaked video with one of these rift missions.

RinoTheBouncer
11-03-2014, 08:24 PM
They're still in the game ... I saw a leaked video with one of these rift missions.

I saw it too, like a month or two before, since the leak of that video that showed the disguise feature. However, I don’t know what became of that and whether those will make it to the final product or not and where the Time Anomaly stands from all this.

Alphacos007
11-03-2014, 08:31 PM
I saw it too, like a month or two before, since the leak of that video that showed the disguise feature. However, I don’t know what became of that and whether those will make it to the final product or not and where the Time Anomaly stands from all this.

I saw one of those missions in a livestream yesterday, so they are still present in the game.

killzab
11-03-2014, 08:32 PM

I'm talking about one of yesterday's leaks ....:nonchalance:

RinoTheBouncer
11-03-2014, 08:35 PM
I saw one of those missions in a livestream yesterday, so they are still present in the game.

I just hope that those aren’t the Time Anomalies, but rather something totally different and I hope the Time Anomalies will have actually gameplay not collecting data fragments like PacMan or Crash Bandicoot.

GoldenBoy9999
11-03-2014, 11:03 PM
I just hope that those aren’t the Time Anomalies, but rather something totally different and I hope the Time Anomalies will have actually gameplay not collecting data fragments like PacMan or Crash Bandicoot.

Me too. After one go at that rift mission I would get really bored. This Time Anomaly has more potential than that.

Synchrossassin
11-04-2014, 03:00 AM

However I freakin Loved Crash B, I always wish they'd bring it back with the same gameplay but of course not the exact same everything, you gotta change it a little..only problem is I've a 360 and Xbone, so if it was still a PS exclusive that would reallly suck..

Sorry for the topic deviation ANYWAY I REALLY Hope that one of these Time Anomalies happens that shows you how Connor's story finishes..that way he doesn't necessarily have to be part of Unity's plot but it'd still be awesome and totally relevant..so they say there will be a link between Rogue and Unity, probably something to do with Shay or Elise's father's murder within the Templars during that time of ideological shift, like a lot of people are saying..well I hope that somewhere in this link lies an ending for Connor seriously -.- he was def not my favorite character but still, we don't know what 'happens' to him, or if he even died of completely natural causes like old age, idk..but I'm betting we're all gonna like Shay to some degree, it sounds so far like he will have a pretty Damn good reason for switching sides of this gray spectrum that is the Assassins and Templars.. and I'm betting at least some part of this link between the games has to do with ideological shifts in both the Assassins and Templar order, like there will be a time where a 3rd party is comprised of former Assassin and Templar members and they are more ''evil' based or enemies of both the Assassins and Templars..that would be pretty cool and would show the Templars in better light, as more of a perspective and ideology than 'bad people' or the 'bad guys' ..anyways I could go on and on lol Love AC!!!! 8 Days to Goooo!!! Whooop whooop

cawatrooper9
11-04-2014, 03:08 AM

I think they're different. Time anomalies seemed to be about Paris during various stages of history, with Arno working as a kind of avatar in these encounters. The rift missions seem to focus on all sorts of areas worldwide, with characters from previous games acting as the avatars.

marvelfannumber
11-04-2014, 06:22 AM
I think they're different. Time anomalies seemed to be about Paris during various stages of history, with Arno working as a kind of avatar in these encounters. The rift missions seem to focus on all sorts of areas worldwide, with characters from previous games acting as the avatars.

The Rift Mission we did see was in Medieval Paris though, atleast judging from the Bastille still being used as a fortress, the old city walls existing, the medieval french banner all over the place etc.

eagleforlife1
11-04-2014, 10:49 AM
Me too. After one go at that rift mission I would get really bored. This Time Anomaly has more potential than that.

I think collecting the data to free the assassin's will give you access to the time period. So, the original rift leak, once you have collected the data and freed the assassin, you will gain access to the Medieval France time anomaly mission.

GoldenBoy9999
11-04-2014, 04:19 PM
I think collecting the data to free the assassin's will give you access to the time period. So, the original rift leak, once you have collected the data and freed the assassin, you will gain access to the Medieval France time anomaly mission.

That sounds a lot better.

JustPlainQuirky
11-04-2014, 04:29 PM

that sounds amazing

but knowing ubi itll prolly just unlock a text dump of lore

guardian_titan
11-04-2014, 08:39 PM
Not to be negative or anything, but if they included a WWII segment, then that suggests to me there must not have been enough material for the French Revolution to keep the game's focus just on that. Splitting focus always results in something getting downsized or even cut. Before the focus was split between the modern day and the past with most of the emphasis on the past and the modern day being rather limited in what you could do. Now they're throwing in these time anomalies? While it may appear to be fun, what got the guillotine in the French Revolution and modern day story to put this in? You can't say something didn't get cut for this. There's ALWAYS cuts.

I liked the series for the historical basis, but now it's just getting silly. Glitch or whatever, all I see this as is immersion breaking and ruins my enjoyment of the series. This game was announced as the French Revolution and now there's a WWII segment? How do those tie together beyond both being in France? No one from the French Revolution lived long enough to see WWII so unless the connection is the Piece of Eden Arno's after, there is none. Every announcement Ubisoft makes regarding this game kills my enthusiasm that much more. It'd be one thing if there was a precedent for this going back to AC1, but that's not the case. This is a very different series from where it started with the only thing in common with AC1 is the Assassin's Creed name. Even the Animus it seems they've thrown out in favor of Helix or whatever. The series is becoming unrecognizable and is now just starting to coast on the franchise name. I've honestly tried to ignore any news for this game for the past two months or so hoping maybe I could change my mind and get hyped, but so far that hasn't happened. I'm already dreading the game next year. What will Ubisoft announce with that that will kill my interest even further?

Alphacos007
11-04-2014, 08:43 PM
Those are side missions though, if you don't like them, simply ignore them.

UBOSOFT-Gamer
11-05-2014, 09:20 PM
A good time may be the third reich. Yeah, i know, no ww2 and no Hitlerassination (altough Hitler was 42 times to be assinated, within 20 july 44 the most famous plot), but that doesn't mean it need to assainate hitler. it somebody else who we dont know. and it doesnt need to play in nazi occupied europe during ww2. It can playe before the war. Think of the movie Indiana Jones and the last crusade. We could visit cities like Vienna, Praha, Budapest, Zurich, Alexandria in Egyp, Berlin, London, Wahsington, New York, Tokyo. And the third reich last only 12 years so a small period of time to snap in. No, no, dont let play the full game in those 12 years, but maybe a part of it?

Why? Because the Nazis, were occult and esoteric. Some examples.

The NS-Headquarter of the occult - The Wewelsburg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W...n_of_the_North_Tower (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wewelsburg#Description_of_the_North_Tower)

The Nazis did an expedition to Tibet. For the game they could search for more pieces of eden
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1..._Expedition_to_Tibet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1938-1939_German_Expedition_to_Tibet)

They did an expedition to the Antartica
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Swabia

Rubbish, secret nazi ufo base
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_UFOs

German U-Boats didn't only attacked Allied ships, they also transported agents, saboteurs, etc. Could also be used for a fictional thing for AC
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_submarine_U-234

Or take the secret german airforce unit KG200
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K...0_in_the_Middle_East (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KG_200#KG200_in_the_Middle_East)

Or Brandenburger
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B...arbarossa_-_Ostfront (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandenburger_Regiment#Operation_Barbarossa_-_Ostfront)

Or a piece of enden could be located in an unknown nazibunker somewehre in Europe.

Or underground Berlin
http://berliner-unterwelten.de/home.1.1.html

Or may the red army took the piece of eden and brought it to Moscow.
Or an American soldier found it in a german town and send it to USA.

Hitler and the Hol Lance
http://jettandjahn.com/2013/03/hitler-the-crown-jewels-of-the-holy-roman-empire/

NAZI BLACK SUN
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sun_(occult_symbol)

There could be so many things to be used for the AC universe http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

The only thing what may cause a bit trouble is the use of nazimyth and (neo)-nazisymbols for the story of a game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_occultism#Games

I'm assuming those blimps are Zeppelins. I thought those were used in WW1 mostly.

Ok yes I did a little research. Zeppelins were really only used in WW1. By WW2 they would have been considered too slow. Here's a few articles I found on this.

http://spot.colorado.edu/~dziadeck/zf/historical.htm

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/656592/zeppelin

True, but there were some ballons.

http://www.airships.narod.ru/germ_wwii/germ_air.html