PDA

View Full Version : So, will Assassin's Creed Unity finally give us....

Farlander1991
10-30-2014, 12:36 PM
.....NORMAL SKIRT/DRESS PHYSICS FOR FEMALE NPCS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Seriously. We have these games with these awesome physics where different clothes flap based on their material and whatnot and it's all so realistic and cool, and then there's women skirts which have physics worse than AC3/AC4 Altair outfit.

Skirts in AC universe behave like they're glued to legs like pants, some have it worse some have it better, but still they're always off, looking best when the female is not walking somewhere. Will next-gen finally bring us normal women skirts?

topeira1980
10-30-2014, 04:08 PM
Lets say that a physically accurate NPC skirt flapping realistically hits the game's performance in just 0.2%.
Lets pretend than ACU shows u a Crowd of only 300 npcs. No, 200(!) npcs. Not 5000 as advertize. Just 200. Half of them are females. Thats 100 flapping skirts. Do YOU want to lose 20% fps for that little detail? Do YOU want to play at 24fps?

My numbers are made up but u get the point.

Farlander1991
10-30-2014, 04:42 PM
Hey, I'm the one who always tells people about technical capabilities and limitations and what costs what! :p That's my schtick! :p

On a serious note, I'm not talking about batman-cape level of physics, though. NPC clothes always had basic physics in AC games, and ACU team tells how they're making sure that NPC clothing is modeled in a way so those basic physics could be applied properly. Just so it wouldn't look like they're wearing baggy pants, nothing fancy, which ACU should be fully capable of doing.

m4r-k7
10-30-2014, 04:57 PM
The crowd NPC's look like crap, but the main characters in the cutscenes look incredible. Facial animations in cutscenes have been captured perfectly.