PDA

View Full Version : Repair torch or wrench?

tomsc02
10-28-2014, 11:59 PM
So does anyone know if we are going back to using a wrench to repair our vehicles or is it still a repair torch? If it is still a repair torch do you know if it is going to take up a slot for weapons like it did in FC3? To me that was the most annoying thing about FC3 was wasting a weapon slot for a torch. I really hope they fixed that in FC4.

BELLROY
10-29-2014, 02:19 AM
I'm all for not wasting a slot on the repair tool. I never used one in FC3. The talk about going back to the wrench for "realism" is a bit silly. I really got tired of winding up the vehicles on FC2 every time I tried to run a checkpoint, got shot at by some random dude, or ran into a tree. At least the torch makes for some entertaining antics through misuse. Oops. I think I just insulted the sacred FC2. Flame on.

StrayDog_RR
10-30-2014, 07:25 AM
I'm all for not wasting a slot on the repair tool. I never used one in FC3. The talk about going back to the wrench for "realism" is a bit silly. I really got tired of winding up the vehicles on FC2 every time I tried to run a checkpoint, got shot at by some random dude, or ran into a tree. At least the torch makes for some entertaining antics through misuse. Oops. I think I just insulted the sacred FC2. Flame on.

Far Cry 2 wasn't a real life/war simulator, but IMO the wrench felt more confortable and the repairing animation was pretty cool. I remember that one of the E3 fortress gameplay showed that you still need the torch for repair vehicles, I dunno if it will take one weapon slot tho.

tominatorx2010
10-30-2014, 01:07 PM
Oops. I think I just insulted the sacred FC2. Flame on.

How dare you!!!!! lol just kidding :)

There is nothing sacred about Far Cry 2. IMO it was the best Far Cry game if you look at the whole package :)

Prince_Of_Persia
10-30-2014, 01:12 PM

I enjoyed using the wrench... :D